• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

What to do when you feel like... Your life has no value

Status
Not open for further replies.

Far Side Of the Moon

" The moon is high& the stars are aligned" :)
Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I just feel like my life is meaningless, I can't work, its taking forever to start school, I don't have my license..,

I just feel trapped in my life like it won't get better... And I feel like..what's the point. In 25 and haven't made an impact on anyone's life, no one knows I exist, nor would anyone care if I died( besides my parents)

I'm just finding more reasons to go then to stay. I don't know if I can hold out, I don't know if ill ever be able to be happy.

I just feel like a failure as a citizen of society, a daughter... I just wish I weren't born... If I could turn back time.,,

I think I would stop my parents from conceiving me, because I just don't see how my life has any value,,it has none...

No matter how hard I try or what I do..my life goes no where,,and I'm too old for this...

I'm just ready to hang it all up.

I'm tired of the loneliness , battle with anxiety. My life means nothing.

EmmaCat

Happy Homemaker!
Site Supporter
May 5, 2016
Rural Western NC
✟327,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Fundament. Christ.
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No, keep going on. You are valuable, you will find your way, and pray.

God loves you, so do I, but He is not giving up on you and neither am I.

Praying for you!

Upvote 0

Gabriel Anton

Exitus Acta Probat Acta Non Verba Deus Vult 11:18
May 19, 2016
Oz
✟89,091.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I just feel like my life is meaningless, I can't work, its taking forever to start school, I don't have my license..,

I just feel trapped in my life like it won't get better... And I feel like..what's the point. In 25 and haven't made an impact on anyone's life, no one knows I exist, nor would anyone care if I died( besides my parents)

I'm just finding more reasons to go then to stay. I don't know if I can hold out, I don't know if ill ever be able to be happy.

I just feel like a failure as a citizen of society, a daughter... I just wish I weren't born... If I could turn back time.,,

I think I would stop my parents from conceiving me, because I just don't see how my life has any value,,it has none...

No matter how hard I try or what I do..my life goes no where,,and I'm too old for this...

Peace be with you.

Your life has great meaning, you can work, school will start soon, you will have your license one day..,

Your life will get better... You're Special at 25. You're a Regular here at CF with all your fine posts and fine threads.

You're going to stay. You're going to hold out until Happiness comes to you.

You're going to be a Success.

You Love God. God Loves you. You're Blessed.

Your life is Very Precious.

Stay Strong, Child of God.

God bless you.

Upvote 0

_-iconoclast-_

I live by faith in the Son of God.
Feb 10, 2017
Earth
✟37,686.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private

Endure u must. My life can be tough sometimes but christ is my hope, my faith and my love.

You are important to someone - family and friends.

Isnt there something to hope for?

Upvote 0

Press On

Giving up what I am to become what I will be.
May 11, 2013
East TX
✟231,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Excellent replies here, Far Side. I've seen you down; I've seen you shine like the sun.

November 26th, last year. You turned a corner, remember? The same woman who wrote those hopeful insightful thoughts is the same woman you are at this very moment.

Don't let bad thought life drag you down. Lean on Jesus. You don't have to perform; you don't have to pretend. He already knows. Lay it all at His feet. I have faith in you.:hug::hug:

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Bye Bye Old

I might as well die!
No perfection in my deeds!
Just agonising suffering!
What benefit to make it longer?

I might as well abscond,
my so called responsibility,
for I'm just a bondsman,
a slave to my physical reality.
Stuck with forces that only want,
forcing much hate on me,
bringing me untold misery,
raping me all day long!

It hurts to stay around!
So why not say goodbye,
moving along the rippling tide,
forgetting what is down here,
finding new horizons appearing,
instead of open warfare?

Why am I still fighting on?
Surely The Battle has been won!
God's Loving Truth is victorious,
also over my life!
That's all that matters in The End.

Bye bye old,
I'll dress in New.

I don't really know what else to say far side. It is a growing game, these weak times you have to give to Jesus not feed your good life even more but fight instead. Yet I know we fall before we stand up by ourselves and then comes the walking bit yet. It is hard to get up when we are depressed but think about it like this - would life be better if these horrible feelings and thoughts you must now have are all gone? That is how life with Jesus is - peace from the wicked! However we first must leave the dungeons the wicked got us all tied up in and return Home - we can't get to see the Creation unless we leave our caves!

Be blessed doing that dear. Know we all pray for you to be on your way and not return to that horrible tied up stage. Please remember the wicked are mere breath in Jesus way, it is belieivng the lies that makes the wicked so strong. The truth has different to say.

A poem about a vision I once had when I was still deeply depressed and my life useless and meaningless, this vision has now come true, I pray it will be like that for you.

Spirit's Comfort.

The Spirit wind whispers His presence in me.
"Do not fear the claws of evil misery,
Christ's blood has set you free,
come walk with Me into eternity."

"Though the evil slash their hate in envy,
You walk the highway of God's love decree.
So once more you shall see,
your enemies final destiny,
for that is your Saviour's victory!"

(my response.)

I tremble and I shake.
My lips quiver and I quake.
What can I say to Him my Lord?
The wicked shall die by His sword.
For what can I do but kneel in awe.
All evil gone - is what I saw.

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Endure u must. My life can be tough sometimes but christ is my hope, my faith and my love.

You are important to someone - family and friends.

Isnt there something to hope for?
I don't knoe, my nightmares are starting up again. My friend forgot about me and is living her life,,, so I don't know...I think for people like me...no. Its just a waiting game.

Upvote 0

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I used to feel that way for a long time. It is depression talking. Reject it and believe what God said about you. There's lots of cheat sheets online about who you are in Christ.

Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it. So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God—through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God’s law, but in the sinful nature a slave to the law of sin. (bold mine, Romans 7:20-25, 1984 NIV)

Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies ? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God. Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows. (Luke 12:6-7, 1984 NIV)

One can argue that we are all worthless as sin-tainted beings. But if Christ lives in you (actually joined with him), you have the value of God. Jesus died so that God could give all of himself to us. If you are reborn, you are priceless. Since God is the author of life and is Life himself, all life is also priceless.

Upvote 0

thispoorman

Do justly, love mercy, walk humbly with thy God
Feb 13, 2012
North Carolina
✟13,909.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Green
I am 56 years old, so I have danced with this demon far longer than you have, and I know his ratty little tricks inside and out - and yet, sometimes, in our wrestling, he can still have me lying flat on my back in a moment.

Here's a spiritual exercise that I hope you will try: look at your original post, and wherever you wrote an "I" or "I'm", put in a "you" or "you're" instead. Hear that? That's his sneaky, filthy, ratty little voice you are hearing - it has nothing to do with you, who you are, what your life is and can be, or your value in God's eyes. Do you know why Jesus came, lived, loved, suffered, died, and was raised again? He tells us, quite clearly - and I hope nobody will be too offended if I change scripture just a little bit - "I came that she may have life, and have it abundantly" (John 10:10). It was you that he was thinking of - all the way.

His peace be on you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sunshineforJesus

is so in love with God
Feb 19, 2014
Sterling Ct
✟716,814.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
One can argue that we are all worthless as sin-tainted beings. But if Christ lives in you (actually joined with him), you have the value of God. Jesus died so that God could give all of himself to us. If you are reborn, you are priceless. Since God is the author of life and is Life himself, all life is also priceless.[/QUOTE]

That is so true and Jesus love is never ending.

Upvote 0

Flicka2017

Mar 9, 2017
USA
✟16,696.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I can relate TOTALLY. I ask myself all the time: Why would Jesus give me these many gifts, but no opportunity to use them? Aren't we supposed to use our gifts for His Glory? It's just pointless to have them and have no opportunity to use them. I struggle with a type of anxiety that makes it difficult for me to be in public places. So yeah, I barely every go out. I'm at the point now where I'm struggling with whether it's worth it to even stay alive. I think the only thing that has stopped me from "opting out" is the Holy Spirit nudging me. Although, I keep pleading that one day He stop so I could give in.... So yeah, I know the struggle you're facing. I don't have any advice for you except that I can relate.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats

I would suggest an evidence based psychotherapy like cognitive behavioural therapy.

Your doctor should be able to refer you to your local mental health service where you can access some CBT.

Hope that helps.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
guess that is my fault Far Side. Sorry
I haven t read any of your old threads.
Naively I asked that question not realising it might upset you.
So if you think life is meaningless, your faith must be quite low.
And I can relate to that.
But go ahead and lock as you wish.

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
guess that is my fault Far Side. Sorry
I haven t read any of your old threads.
Naively I asked that question not realising it might upset you.
So if you think life is meaningless, your faith must be quite low.
And I can relate to that.
But go ahead and lock as you wish.
Its fine.

Reactions: Jeshu
Upvote 0

JesusLivesJesusSaves

Once Saved, ALWAYS Saved Jn 3:16, 10:27-29
Jul 16, 2013
USA
✟18,596.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
And you call yourself a Christian by judging what I said? Shame, shame, shame on you.
Oh, that's right! You're the man that posted a thread the other day about being an atheist. Gee, it's no wonder you're having the pains and sufferings you're having. But then, you wouldn't understand that; thus, I have no further comment to you.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.