what to do when all your friends drink and party - where do i meet genuine Christians??

GirdYourLoins

Nov 27, 2016
Brighton, UK
✟122,682.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would say try the Christian club again. At the moment you said you are not going to church, so what fellowship are you having. Even if you dont become friends with them it will do you good to be getting fellowship. It may well be a fleshly reaction to Christian input that is your problem. You need to overcome the flesh with the Spirit.

That is what what I intended to write and it just came out, I'm going to take that as being from God.

Upvote 0

disciple1

Aug 1, 2012
✟62,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So basically the people I meet at university are unfortunately all into clubbing. It sounds ridiculous to say that all of them do it, but seriously, ALL of them do.

I am in my second year of uni (19 year old female) and I don't have a lot of friends. As a Christian I try my best to hangout with like-minded individuals - innocent people who don't expose themselves to wild parties and drinking, drugs, smoking, sex, etc. But of course, it is sooo so hard to find good genuine humans on campus. (for the record, I have nothing against people who live a different lifestyle than me, by no means am I judging them).

I have tried a few different churches but to be completely blunt, the people my age are weird there lol. Again, I know it sounds ridiculous to say that everyone there is weird, but I just cannot seem to connect with Christians from church. I am a normal gal, with a sense of humour, I'm into fitness and health, I love God, I am kind and genuine. It just seems that these Christians from church are different from me, they laugh at different things and some are really awkward to the point we cannot keep a conversation going. I have stopped going to church all together now because it just feels hopeless to me. I am sick of lack of connection. I just wanna be myself but I can't seem to be when they are so different from me.

Last year I tried to join the university's Christian club, but again, I could not connect with the people there and I stopped going after 2 months. This year I just decided it wasn't worth trying to attend that club again.

I meet a lot of funny, enjoyable people in class but they are all so into immoral things and activities that we just don't have enough in common to hangout. For example, if I wanted to hangout with them, I would have to drink and party... and I know I shouldn't be doing those things.

What should I do?? I don't want to party as I know it is not wise to do so. But I have such a hard time meeting good people. Like, seriously where do I find them?

I'm scared that I am not going to meet any friends (or potential boyfriend) that God has in His will for me because I am not attending church or putting myself around enough Christian people. HELP! Am I ruining my chances of meeting my future husband if I don't surround myself with Christians?? Or will God provide for me and guide me to these Christian people?! What should I do? Thank you:) any responses are appreciated.
Pray.
Do you meet any people at work, if your not working have you considered working for some non profit place.

Upvote 0

Bigork

Sep 27, 2017
Lagos
✟9,256.00
Country
Nigeria
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Pray to God for direction Psalm 37 vs 5. When I was about to start attending church, I pray to God to lead me to the church of His choices for me, and He did. However, there are so many people in the church, some are their to fellowship and know more about God while some are their for socialization or for just been called a Christians. What I normally do is that I've made up my mind no matter what anybody does, am not there because of them but for God. Ever since God has been helping me.

When I was 18+, most of my friends are bad boys. Most of the time, they will called me to come and take part in their wrong doing, but by God's grace, I always refuse their invitation. To the glory of God, some of them didn't finished their high school because of their bad behavior. The key point to my success is God's grace upon my life.

Know who you are in the Lord. Be determined that come rain, come shine, you will follow the Lord. However, the bible told us that we should not forsake the fellowship of brethren. Let God direct you to the right place of worship.

Father, as You help me in my own time, please help Sister JannaPr9 to locate the right place of worship. Place the she can learn more about You and Your love for her. O Lord, keep bad friend away from her so that she can do Your will for her life in Jesus name we pray-Amen.

You can always come here to more encouragement.

Upvote 0