Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟777,145.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I watch a lot (50+) of sailing channels I'm subscribed to on Youtube; and the Menai Strait; between Anglesey island and Wales; is a notoriously dangerous passage.

Here is a 26 ft Snapdragon trying to go thru the Menai strait:

Engine Failure! Yacht Rescue in the Menai Straits
I've heard the waters can get very choppy and there are strong currents. Hopefully all will go to plan and that I won't end up in Ireland or something! haha

• Agree
Reactions: mnorian
Upvote 0

Sunshinee777

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2020
Finland
✟168,856.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
didn’t you mention yesterday about imaging a exploded potato? Lol you make cuts on the potato don’t remove the skin, the run water and microwave; after 5 minutes you put it on the stove after you cooked your bacon, sausage and eggs and fry the potato. It’s good. :) star session soon that awesome do you live near city lights or far away from them?
I live close woods

It's 5.15am and as it has been a warm night, I decided to go out on my balcony for some fresh air.
The pigeons have been out again and there is mess everywhere.
I saw one of them up in the rafters, looking down at me. I think he was saying "coo coo - coo - coo coo" which in English means "go away, this is my balcony". I politely (but firmly) reminded our bird-brained friend whose balcony it was and he scarpered quite promptly!

Anthony 1 - Pigeons 0

Give them water and something to eat they want to be your friend

Upvote 0

shineyourlight

Mar 6, 2020
New York
✟71,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Our CF members come from all over the world, from different time zones. Some of you live in countries with multiple time zones.
Some of us will be waking up, while others will be retiring to bed.
Some of us will be having breakfast, whilst others will be having lunch, tea or supper.
Some of us will be working, whilst others will be sleeping!
Or maybe you are one of those night owls that stays awake all night!
Perhaps you work nightshifts and sleep during the day?
What about you?

It's currently 8.55am here in England. I'm just about to pour my morning coffee and plan my day ahead. Weather is set to be mostly cloudy with temperatures reaching 24 celsius.
Coffee and rainy days just seem to go together. :) Good combination!

It's 3:01pm here on Saturday and it's been rainy all day.

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
✟777,145.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
✟777,145.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
9:50 PM PDT

I would like to spend my summers in the UK; near the ocean.
I lived on the coast of Oregon for nearly forty years; and love the cool summers and mild winters.
It looks a lot like Anglesey: here is a couple of pics of Anglesey. I can see why you would want to go there. Forecast for 21C 70F on Sunday; that just perfect temp.

View attachment 302422
View attachment 302423

View attachment 302425
The coast at Oregon looks amazing! :) I checked out some more pictures online. It reminds me of the coastal scenery they used in the film The Goonies back in the 80s. If I'm not mistaken, that was filmed in Oregon. The seascapes were amazing!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The coast at Oregon looks amazing! :) I checked out some more pictures online. It reminds me of the coastal scenery they used in the film The Goonies back in the 80s. If I'm not mistaken, that was filmed in Oregon. The seascapes were amazing!

Yes; that was filmed up in Astoria on the far end of highway 101 up by the Columbia river.

They have made the Goonie's house and the trip down the coast to where it was actually filmed; 26 miles south of Astoria; at Ecola State Park; at Cannon Beach; into a road trip.

Goonies Filming Locations Road Trip on Roadtrippers

2021-07-18 00.49.17 maps.roadtrippers.com f9e5126a32d0.png

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
✟777,145.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Last edited:
  • Haha
Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
2:38 AM PDT from the PNW.

Astoria also was where Kindergarten Cop was filmed.

Kindergarten Cop - Wikipedia

I really liked Pamela Reed in that film; as Arnold's cop partner; Phoebe; who is always sick; and spends most of the film in bed; in a motel room.

It takes special talent to make a terrible case of stomach flu; funny.:oops: She falls ill at the last moment, so Arnold takes her place. :D

Pamela Reed - Wikipedia

ETA: now 3:00 AM; took me 20 minutes to look up the details. ^_^

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
✟777,145.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
2:38 AM PDT from the PNW.

Astoria also was where Kindergarten Cop was filmed.

Kindergarten Cop - Wikipedia

I really liked Pamela Reed in that film; as Arnold's cop partner; Phoebe; who is always sick; and spends most of the film in bed; in a motel room.

It takes special talent to make a terrible case of stomach flu; funny.:oops: She falls ill at the last moment, so Arnold takes her place. :D

Pamela Reed - Wikipedia

ETA: now 3:00 AM; took me 20 minutes to look up the details. ^_^
I think they filmed the first Short Circuit film there as well?

Upvote 0

GallagherM

Jun 13, 2021
Fyffe
✟13,469.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My first few thoughts after a little praying, then reading some comments on here is how sad I am that people can be legalistic with no concern but to just simply be right. Though also my thought is that there are people whom may suffer from things like autism or ocd or mental problems. It is good to be weary of that when online conversing with other people. Moving past that however; it may rain today and maybe will go see my mother too since it is her day off, too.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Thanks for checking it out for me :)
I've got booked now - will be staying in a hotel in Menai Bridge - handy for exploring the local area. Also have a boat cruise pre-booked to Puffin Island!
Puffin Island (Anglesey) - Wikipedia

:clap:

Icelanders (fathers & sons) hunt them every summer as they've done for years and years.
Disappearing Puffins Bring an Icelandic Hunting Tradition Under Scrutiny | Science | Smithsonian Magazine

Great information:
Egg Rock Island, Maine
The treeless island is designated the Allan D. Cruickshank Wildlife Sanctuary in honor of this noted Maine ornithologist and photographer....

Seabird and Restoration History: The island is home to the world's first restored seabird colony. The methods initiated here in 1973 have been replicated dozens of times worldwide to help endangered and threatened seabirds. Like many Maine coast seabird colonies, nesting seabird populations were diminished and eventually extirpated by a combination of egging, hunting for meat and feathers, and displacement by expanding Herring and Great Black-backed Gull populations that increased in response to fishing practices and municipal waste. Prior to recolonization, puffins last nested in 1885 and terns last nested in 1936. Gull management, the translocation of nearly 1,000 young puffins from Newfoundland, and social attraction (decoys and mirror boxes) were the primary tools for restoring puffins. In response to the puffin restoration, five pairs of puffins began nesting in 1981; by 2017, at least 172 pairs were nesting on the island. Tern restoration relied on gull management and social attraction (decoys and sound); the first terns nested in 1980 and today the colony supports approx. 1,000 pairs.
Puffin Tours

I have a John Beswick figurine of an Atlantic puffin, too! I've never seen a live puffin, but fell in love with them when I saw a picture about ten years ago.

I've been so close to this island without knowing it had any special history! We went to Pemaquid Point Lighthouse in 1979.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
✟777,145.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single

Icelanders (fathers & sons) hunt them every summer as they've done for years and years.
Disappearing Puffins Bring an Icelandic Hunting Tradition Under Scrutiny | Science | Smithsonian Magazine

Great information:
Egg Rock Island, Maine
The treeless island is designated the Allan D. Cruickshank Wildlife Sanctuary in honor of this noted Maine ornithologist and photographer....

Seabird and Restoration History: The island is home to the world's first restored seabird colony. The methods initiated here in 1973 have been replicated dozens of times worldwide to help endangered and threatened seabirds. Like many Maine coast seabird colonies, nesting seabird populations were diminished and eventually extirpated by a combination of egging, hunting for meat and feathers, and displacement by expanding Herring and Great Black-backed Gull populations that increased in response to fishing practices and municipal waste. Prior to recolonization, puffins last nested in 1885 and terns last nested in 1936. Gull management, the translocation of nearly 1,000 young puffins from Newfoundland, and social attraction (decoys and mirror boxes) were the primary tools for restoring puffins. In response to the puffin restoration, five pairs of puffins began nesting in 1981; by 2017, at least 172 pairs were nesting on the island. Tern restoration relied on gull management and social attraction (decoys and sound); the first terns nested in 1980 and today the colony supports approx. 1,000 pairs.
Puffin Tours

I have a John Beswick figurine of an Atlantic puffin, too! I've never seen a live puffin, but fell in love with them when I saw a picture about ten years ago.

I've been so close to this island without knowing it had any special history! We went to Pemaquid Point Lighthouse in 1979.
I had a look at the link for the Puffin Tours - looks really good! :)

Upvote 0

GallagherM

Jun 13, 2021
Fyffe
✟13,469.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No Anthony, did not take.

Good to hear from you this morning, sir. Hope everything gotten better since being sick.

Good to see many people active and alive this morning

this form of communication is hard for me to bare sometimes.

:)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
✟777,145.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
In the woods.

What were your first few thoughts as you woke up this morning?

It is 5:33am. - First off day - then work tomorrow -

What ways will you spend your day? - Question for all -
I think my first few thoughts this morning were "I need to get the coffee on!" :):coffee:
I also thought how blessed we were to have such marvellous weather today.
Especially as I'm just about to take the train over to North Wales.

Upvote 0