Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Well it's kind of vegetable beef, but beef stew basically, here you go...

218204563_2838555559726352_7212391892742328842_n.jpg

That looks like the homemade vegetable beef soup I used to make. I loved it so much, I'd sneak it from the fridge the next day and eat it cold. I was addicted to it, I think.

Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟777,145.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
11.47am British Summer Time
And what scorcher of a summer it is!
It's 23c outside and set to go up to 28c on Saturday and Sunday!
Was hoping to get over to Anglesey for the weekend but looks like everywhere is fully booked up!

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
did you have any dream in a 4 hour nap?

Missed this last night.

I don't remember.
But I do have a lot of dreams; most don't make any sense.

I have a lot where I'm back on my old job that I had for 27 years; till I retired.

I had several supervisors that I didn't get along with; no matter how hard I tried; they were always giving my grief to make points with upper management. One was finally fired and the other one forced into early retirement (they were both alcoholics)
After they left I was promoted.

But I must have some deep-seated animosity; because in my dreams I'm usually late for work; with the two supers yelling at me; work is stacked up 40 foot high; people popping in and out; turning into monsters; and then it usually goes off into some Twin Peaks kind of weird alien; little people; can't find my truck to go home; cause it's up in a tree! LOL :D

Usually I end up trying to get away from work and go home; but my cars and trucks almost always have the brakes not working; going down hill missing cars and running stop signs thinking I'm going to crash; which I never do---then I'll wake up--in a cold sweat.:eek:

I don't believe in dream interpretation; as the Bible warns against it; but I sure wish I could retire from that job! :D

ETA: It's 4:32 AM PDT

Upvote 0

GallagherM

Jun 13, 2021
Fyffe
✟13,469.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Wow thank you for sharing its 6:35 am here gotta get some gas for car go to work and maybe have some groceries talk again soon you all have a good day. And May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with you friends. :) God is good.

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

28C (84F)
is a scorcher!? LOL I was just going to post; saying that our weather has cooled down--to 81F (27C)--from the 90's F (32+) :D

I have seen local people put on a light jacket when it get's down to 23C (74F):bbrr:

2021-07-16 04.37.03 forecast.weather.gov 9795a49b6df5.png

Upvote 0

Sunshinee777

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2020
Finland
✟168,856.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Stay safe.

It's always cool to see the night stars especially on a new moon night.

@Anthony2019 could make you a plate if you like friend.

@Neogaia777 Go blues!

@Pioneer3mm : coffee :p Always energizing

@mnorian did you have any dream in a 4 hour nap?

@Old Lady : Night can be fun especially if you get to go out and look at the stars.

@IceJad hope your meeting goes well sounds like it is gray right now.

@Lost4words have a good walk.

Yes, I can't wait for star season to begin :clap:

Upvote 0

GallagherM

Jun 13, 2021
Fyffe
✟13,469.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, I can't wait for star season to begin :clap:

didn’t you mention yesterday about imaging a exploded potato? Lol you make cuts on the potato don’t remove the skin, the run water and microwave; after 5 minutes you put it on the stove after you cooked your bacon, sausage and eggs and fry the potato. It’s good. :) star session soon that awesome do you live near city lights or far away from them?

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,506,551.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Missed this last night.

I don't remember.
But I do have a lot of dreams; most don't make any sense.

I have a lot where I'm back on my old job that I had for 27 years; till I retired.

I had several supervisors that I didn't get along with; no matter how hard I tried; they were always giving my grief to make points with upper management. One was finally fired and the other one forced into early retirement (they were both alcoholics)
After they left I was promoted.

But I must have some deep-seated animosity; because in my dreams I'm usually late for work; with the two supers yelling at me; work is stacked up 40 foot high; people popping in and out; turning into monsters; and then it usually goes off into some Twin Peaks kind of weird alien; little people; can't find my truck to go home; cause it's up in a tree! LOL :D

Usually I end up trying to get away from work and go home; but my cars and trucks almost always have the brakes not working; going down hill missing cars and running stop signs thinking I'm going to crash; which I never do---then I'll wake up--in a cold sweat.:eek:

I don't believe in dream interpretation; as the Bible warns against it; but I sure wish I could retire from that job! :D

ETA: It's 4:32 AM PDT

There's one particular past workplace of mine, and when I start having dreams about it, I know that's an early warning sign my anxiety is starting to get out of control. :help:

It's 11am Saturday morning here, I have had a lovely sleep in on my day off, and my beloved is about to make us bacon and eggs for brunch. :)

Reactions: mnorian
Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
✟777,145.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
There's one particular past workplace of mine, and when I start having dreams about it, I know that's an early warning sign my anxiety is starting to get out of control. :help:

It's 11am Saturday morning here, I have had a lovely sleep in on my day off, and my beloved is about to make us bacon and eggs for brunch. :)
Hope you enjoyed your brunch and your day off

• Friendly
Reactions: Paidiske
Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
✟777,145.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
28C (84F)
is a scorcher!? LOL I was just going to post; saying that our weather has cooled down--to 81F (27C)--from the 90's F (32+) :D

I have seen local people put on a light jacket when it get's down to 23C (74F):bbrr:

View attachment 302381
32c - Now that IS a scorcher!

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Well, it's 9 pm here in the PNW in Oregon, and I've been up now since 9 pm yesterday now, officially over the 24 hour mark, I told you I keep odd hours, lol, never know when to expect me, etc, lol...

Probably going to lay down and try to get some sleep around 12 or 1 am maybe, etc...

Got a friend over right now, and he will probably leave around then, etc...

Sometimes I do 36 hour or 48 hour stretches though sometimes even, etc, so it's not really all that unusual for me, etc, don't think I'm going to push it that far tonight though if I can avoid it, etc...

Night and/or day...? What's that...? lol...

And no, I don't do drugs or alcohol, etc, or energy drinks or any kind of boosters like that either, etc...

If it wasn't for my watch and/or phone, I don't think I'd ever even know what day it is, etc, lol, have to look out my window after I have slept to see if it's morning, noon, afternoon, or night, etc, since I have them blacked out, etc, try to take a guess at how long I slept, before I go and get up and "do it all again", etc, lol...

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
✟777,145.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
It's 5.15am and as it has been a warm night, I decided to go out on my balcony for some fresh air.
The pigeons have been out again and there is mess everywhere.
I saw one of them up in the rafters, looking down at me. I think he was saying "coo coo - coo - coo coo" which in English means "go away, this is my balcony". I politely (but firmly) reminded our bird-brained friend whose balcony it was and he scarpered quite promptly!

Anthony 1 - Pigeons 0

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
11.47am British Summer Time
Was hoping to get over to Anglesey for the weekend but looks like everywhere is fully booked up!

9:50 PM PDT

I would like to spend my summers in the UK; near the ocean.
I lived on the coast of Oregon for nearly forty years; and love the cool summers and mild winters.
It looks a lot like Anglesey: here is a couple of pics of Anglesey. I can see why you would want to go there. Forecast for 21C 70F on Sunday; that just perfect temp.

2021-07-16 21.25.40 en.wikipedia.org 87f747dfcf46.png

2021-07-16 21.26.45 en.wikipedia.org 1eb6b0f5fb44.png

2021-07-16 21.28.59 en.wikipedia.org dce9d514d755.png

Attachments

• 2021-07-16 21.28.59 en.wikipedia.org dce9d514d755.png
    2021-07-16 21.28.59 en.wikipedia.org dce9d514d755.png
    3 MB · Views: 4
Reactions: Anthony2019
Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Well; the dreams about past work are a lot less then they used to be. For some reason; other worries have taken over; this past year. :confused:o_O:D

• Agree
Reactions: Paidiske
Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Good morning, friends! Well, it is morning (1:55 AM).

I just ate two little White Castle sliders. I should have put two more in the microwave. They're so small, it's like having an appetizer. ^_^

There are so many mosquitos outside. I went out for a second and one came in with me!

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

I lived on the coast of Oregon for nearly forty years; and love the cool summers and mild winters.
It looks a lot like Anglesey: here is a couple of pics of Anglesey. I can see why you would want to go there. Forecast for 21C 70F on Sunday; that just perfect temp.

View attachment 302422
View attachment 302423

View attachment 302425

You are sooo right! 70F is my favorite weather!

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
✟777,145.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single

View attachment 302422
View attachment 302423

View attachment 302425
Anglesey is beautiful. Beaumaris looks completely booked up, so might try Bangor and do some day trips from there.

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Anglesey is beautiful. Beaumaris looks completely booked up, so might try Bangor and do some day trips from there.

I'm all about doing searches; so did a lodging search for the whole island;:)

and found a lot of reasonable motel rooms on the ocean frontages--$50-$200--£40-£150--
but you had to book ahead; the earliest date was for August 6th. Would you be interested in those?

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
✟777,145.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I'm all about doing searches; so did a lodging search for the whole island;:)

and found a lot of reasonable motel rooms on the ocean frontages--$50-$200--£40-£150--
but you had to book ahead; the earliest date was for August 6th. Would you be interested in those?
Thanks for checking it out for me :)
I've got booked now - will be staying in a hotel in Menai Bridge - handy for exploring the local area. Also have a boat cruise pre-booked to Puffin Island!
Puffin Island (Anglesey) - Wikipedia

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I watch a lot (50+) of sailing channels I'm subscribed to on Youtube; and the Menai Strait; between Anglesey island and Wales; is a notoriously dangerous passage.

Here is a 26 ft Snapdragon trying to go thru the Menai strait:

Engine Failure! Yacht Rescue in the Menai Straits

Upvote 0