United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally posted by mcfly1960
So are you disagreeing with Peter?  Peter is the one that said some scriptures are hard to understand. ]

If the Preterists don't understand the verses, they either discard them or explain them away, or spiritualize them. It is very evident that they choose not to apply faith if they can't see it with their human minds, but they love to poke fun at people who exercise faith.

1 Cor. 2: 13-14 - "This is what we speak, not in words taught us

Upvote 0

rollinTHUNDER

Veteran
Dec 30, 2001
Central Florida USA
Visit site
✟22,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
So are you disagreeing with Peter?  Peter is the one that said some scriptures are hard to understand. ]

If the Preterists don't understand the verses, they either discard them or explain them away, or spiritualize them. It is very evident that they choose not to apply faith if they can't see it with their human minds, but they love to poke fun at people who exercise faith.

1 Cor. 2: 13-14 - "This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom, but in words taught by the spirit, expressing spiritual truths in spiritual words. (14) the man without the spirit does not except the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned."

They believe they are scoffing at our foolishness, when in reality, they are mocking the spiritual things of God. The righteous will live by faith, not run from the things that their human minds can't comprehend.

Upvote 0

mcfly1960

Feb 23, 2002
Visit site
✟377.00
Faith
Protestant
Yes, rollinTHUNDER.  And Peter, Paul, and John all saw this coming. The Lord Himself said it would be just like it was in the days of Noah. 

Peter urged us to beware of the scoffers of the last days, walking after their own lusts.  Expounding on false doctrine in general, he said "Beware, lest ye also, being led away from the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness." II Peter 3:17 

On the same theme, Paul said that in the last days, perilous times would come (II Timothy 3:1), evil men and seducers would wax worse and worse, deceiving and being deceived (II Timothy 3:13), and that "the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;  And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables." (II Timothy 4:3-4).

John continued on the same theme as Peter and Paul, reminding us that the present world and the lust thereof will some day pass away: "And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever. Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time." I John 2:17-18.

Jesus said "But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.  For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be." Matthew 24: 37-39

Upvote 0

Julie

ONLY JESUS CHRIST SAVES
Apr 22, 2002
Visit site
✟9,327.00
Faith
Christian
What time is it?  I think it's time for us saved, born again, blood washed, believers in The Lord Jesus Christ to get  busy for Him.

Only one life, twill soon be past
Only whats done for Christ, will last

1 Corinthians 1:7
So that ye come behind in no gift; waiting for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ:

Upvote 0

rollinTHUNDER

Veteran
Dec 30, 2001
Central Florida USA
Visit site
✟22,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Yes, rollinTHUNDER.  And Peter, Paul, and John all saw this coming. The Lord Himself said it would be just like it was in the days of Noah. 

Peter urged us to beware of the scoffers of the last days, walking after their own lusts.  Expounding on false doctrine in general, he said "Beware, lest ye also, being led away from the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness." II Peter 3:17 

On the same theme, Paul said t

Upvote 0

rollinTHUNDER

Veteran
Dec 30, 2001
Central Florida USA
Visit site
✟22,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

On the same theme, Paul said that in the last days, perilous times would come (II Timothy 3:1), evil men and seducers would wax worse and worse, deceiving and being deceived (II Timothy 3:13), and that "the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;  And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables." (II Timothy 4:3-4).

John continued on the same theme as Peter and Paul, reminding us that the present world and the lust thereof will some day pass away: "And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever. Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time." I John 2:17-18.

Jesus said "But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.  For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be." Matthew 24: 37-39 

That's good preachin' brother!! Let our faith re-new our minds, so we can see with spiritual minds, not through worldly minds from our old man. Even common sense is blind to spiritual things. Let the Spirit of Truth guide us into all truth.

Upvote 0

rollinTHUNDER

Veteran
Dec 30, 2001
Central Florida USA
Visit site
✟22,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally posted by Julie
What time is it?  I think it's time for us saved, born again, blood washed, believers in The Lord Jesus Christ to get  busy for Him.

Only one life, twill soon be past
Only whats done for Christ, will last

1 Corinthians 1:7
So that ye come behind in no gift; waiting for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ:

Hi Julie,

Amen to that sister!! Time is getting short.

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
>>The man who has 2 watches never knows what time it is.

I have three clocks that I got at walmart for about $20 each, that receive a radio signal and adjust themselves every day. All three of them are always in agreement with each other. There is one in my living room, one in our dining room and one in the bed room.

Maybe if Christians always heard from God, every day, then they would always be in agreement with each other. The Bible says that all that is in Heaven and in the earth will be gathered together and become one in Christ. We can go a long way toward having that now. If we put on the mind of Christ and take on His divine nature.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mcfly1960

Feb 23, 2002
Visit site
✟377.00
Faith
Protestant
Originally posted by JohnR7
>>Billy Graham has said that there are some things in the Bible that he will not understand until he gets to heaven.

Then why does God give them to us now?

"Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.  In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." Proverbs 3:5-6

"There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death." Proverbs 14:12

Upvote 0

jenlu

May 29, 2002
Visit site
✟625.00
Peter specifically said that those that are "unlearned" can not understand, but the learned on the other hand should not have a problem...Hey Rollin Thunder...mcfly was the one that said there are some verses he didn't understand...twasn't me...I didn't cop out on any verse and said I didn't understand it...I just said the meaning of the word elements has nothing to do with physical elements...such as earth, water, etc. the elements as the word is always used in the Bible is the elements of "how things were done under the Old Covenant"...it always refers to the old covenant...when it comes to "last days" they are easily understood...
also how were those in the years 999, 1299, etc. scoffers if they were right and the imminent return of Christ was not at hand...which it wasn't...time is short...but that only has to do with the length of ones life on earth otherwise one has eternity to spend with the Lord...starting NOW...

Upvote 0

rollinTHUNDER

Veteran
Dec 30, 2001
Central Florida USA
Visit site
✟22,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally posted by jenlu
Hey Rollin Thunder...mcfly was the one that said there are some verses he didn't understand...twasn't me...I didn't cop out on any verse and said I didn't understand it...I just said the meaning of the word elements has nothing to do with physical elements...such as earth, water, etc. the elements as the word is always used in the Bible is the elements of "how things were done under the Old Covenant"...it always refers to the old covenant...when it comes to "last days" they are easily understood...
also how were those in the years 999, 1299, etc. scoffers if they were right and the imminent return of Christ was not at hand...which it wasn't...time is short...but that only has to do with the length of ones life on earth otherwise one has eternity to spend with the Lord...starting NOW...

Yeah but I was refferring to preterists. I never said they couldn't learn, but they can't understand. When you preterists break the rules of this forum, and force your worldly wisdom views it only corrupts the fellowship. Confusion is your reward. Therefore, no one wins. I'm a member of five forums, and this is now the one that I come to the least, but it used to be my favorite. It only takes a few bad apples to rot the whole bunch, so I'll stand by my previous statement.

rollinTHUNDER :

<TABLE height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0>
<TBODY>
<TR>
<TD vAlign=top>If the Preterists don't understand the verses, they either discard them or explain them away, or spiritualize them. It is very evident that they choose not to apply faith if they can't see it with their human minds, but they love to poke fun at people who exercise faith.

1 Cor. 2: 13-14 - "This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom, but in words taught by the spirit, expressing spiritual truths in spiritual words. (14) the man without the spirit does not except the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned."

They believe they are scoffing at our foolishness, when in reality, they are mocking the spiritual things of God. The righteous will live by faith, not run from the things that their human minds can't comprehend.

</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD vAlign=bottom>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Upvote 0

jenlu

May 29, 2002
Visit site
✟625.00
I'm a post millenailist/partial preterist and I don't remember poking fun at anyone who believes dispensationalism. Just try to bring up my point of view in order to persuade. In fact, I used to be as diehard (dispensationalist that is) as they come. I know why you believe the way you do, I know how it works. I also know the hot buttons that made me question a what seemed to be faulty (failure in predictions the last 40 years, which actually turned into faulty predictions for 150 years with research) way of looking at the world. Let me say, that just blatanly erroneous predictions by themselves did not sway me. They just started making me question. Many of my closest family and friends are dispensationlists and we get along still.

I find it funny that right after you accuse preterists of poking fun(which in reality is harmless) you accuse them of not living in faith and mocking spiritual things of God(which is much more malignant)...and get this, because they don't agree with you...

Upvote 0

rollinTHUNDER

Veteran
Dec 30, 2001
Central Florida USA
Visit site
✟22,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally posted by jenlu
I'm a post millenailist/partial preterist and I don't remember poking fun at anyone who believes dispensationalism. Just try to bring up my point of view in order to persuade. In fact, I used to be as diehard (dispensationalist that is) as they come.
I find it funny that right after you accuse preterists of poking fun(which in reality is harmless) you accuse them of not living in faith and mocking spiritual things of God(which is much more malignant)...and get this, because they don't agree with you...

Hello jenlu,

Please don't take what I said so personal. I don't even know you, and I do believe we could get along okay if we were in person. The problem I have is what you're doing to this forum. Your first line above proves that you don't belong here, and by you not heeding the request of the owner in the very first thread at the top of this forum (A Note to Preterists), this forum now has a poor following. It's not that you disagree with me, that has nothing to do with it. Even though it's plain as day we don't agree.

It's when we mix the two beliefs that turns it all into mud water. It's like mixxing oil and water. They don't mix, plain and simple. They only bring confusion and then the whole forum is corrupted. If you haven't noticed, most of the faithful members who were on before are now gone as a result of the preterists forcing their views down here where they are not even welcome. Yeah, I stand firm against having preterists on here, because they don't believe the doctrines that this forum holds to. If they ever change to a preterist view, then I would be gone in a heart beat. I wouldn't even want to argue the matter with them, but this is what you need to do. Go find a preterist forum and join 'em.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jenlu

May 29, 2002
Visit site
✟625.00
I don't take it personally...about your problem...I've posted here, since the call out about 5-10 times...sometimes to respond to someone's misunderstanding of postmillenialism...mostly just to take another viewpoint on scripture...does it line up with postmillenialism???yes...could it line up with dispensationalism...yes...the verse about the "elements" in Peter is one example...I wonder if Rapture Ready will let us speak...LOL

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.