What think ye of Ezekiel's Temple?

Danoh

Oct 11, 2011
✟40,528.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The building was no longer the house of God. That, at Pentecost, became the church. They still visited the old building but THEY were the temple.

Nope.

The word church simply means assembly.

Which then calls for identifying the particular characteristics of said assembly.

And the characteristics of Israel as an assembly or "church" are night and day to those of the Body of Christ as an assembly, or "church."

The assembly at Pentecost was rightly engaged in various animal sacrifices, etc., under THEIR GOD given Law, and that culminate in THEIR GOD GIVEN day of Pentecost (50th day).

Acts 1:12 Then returned they unto Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet, which is from Jerusalem a sabbath day's journey.

Leviticus 23:15 And ye shall count unto you from the morrow after the sabbath, from the day that ye brought the sheaf of the wave offering; seven sabbaths shall be complete: 23:16 Even unto the morrow after the seventh sabbath shall ye number fifty days; and ye shall offer a new meat offering unto the LORD. 23:17 Ye shall bring out of your habitations two wave loaves of two tenth deals: they shall be of fine flour; they shall be baken with leaven; they are the firstfruits unto the LORD. 23:18 And ye shall offer with the bread seven lambs without blemish of the first year, and one young bullock, and two rams: they shall be for a burnt offering unto the LORD, with their meat offering, and their drink offerings, even an offering made by fire, of sweet savour unto the LORD. 23:19 Then ye shall sacrifice one kid of the goats for a sin offering, and two lambs of the first year for a sacrifice of peace offerings.

Acts 2:1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.

2:5 And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.

I mean, these things are all there to see for oneself.

Matthew 24:20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:

Acts 17: 11, 12.

Upvote 0

Danoh

Oct 11, 2011
✟40,528.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Nope, its a synonym for "Body of Christ".

The characteristics of each greatly differ.

The Lord was not confused when He told them that when the Spirit came He would give them their words and guide their actions.

For according to Acts 2 and Acts 3, and Hebrews 2, etc., Acts 2's Pentecost and its signs and wonders had been a foretaste TO ISRAEL, of ISRAEL's PROPHESIED "world to come."

They were not wrong. Rather, God had planned to temporarily interrupt all that with a DIRECT Gentile salvation - Rom. 11:25.

At the same time He had planned to provoke Israel to jealousy through it that He might "save some" DURING THIS MYSTERY AGE in which He has TEMPORARILY interrupted His plan and purpose for, and through, that nation, Rom. 11:13, 14.

Romans 11:11 I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy. 11:12 Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness? 11:13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office: 11:14 If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them.

11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

11:28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes. 11:29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance. 11:30 For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief: 11:31 Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy. 11:32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all. 11:33 O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!

Acts 17:11, 12.

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
And yet there's Paul, AS the temple of the Lord, engaged in various rituals and animal sacrifices IN The Temple at Jerusalem, in Acts 21.
He did so because he was a Jew, and as a Jew. Why do you capitalize IN when speaking of the temple at Jerusalem?
Paul nor any other Jew went into the temple itself. Only the courtyard.

And yes, the "memorial" as explanation is an error.

Where the nation Israel is concerned the issue there concerns the outward uncleaness - we're talking the return of an aspect of The Law Economy, see Isaiah 2, for example - of ritual outward cleansings: which involve even the various tables, and pots and other instruments used in the Temple having to be ritually "atoned" or cleansed with the blood of one animal sacrifice or another, before it could be used in the service of God.
The Jews did not do these things in the temple, the Levites and the sons of Aaron did.
Heb 8:4 For if he were on earth, he should not be a priest, seeing that there are priests that offer gifts according to the law:
Exodus 24:6 And Moses took half of the blood, and put it in basons; and half of the blood he sprinkled on the altar.

Exodus 24:8 And Moses took the blood, and sprinkled it on the people, and said, Behold the blood of the covenant, which the LORD hath made with you concerning all these words.

Exodus 29:16 And thou shalt slay the ram, and thou shalt take his blood, and sprinkle it round about upon the altar.

And so on...

Acts 17: 11, 12
Yeah that speaks of the tribe of Levi through the order of Aaron. Could you please be clearer for dialogue? The Israelites were strangers in Gods house (hold).

Zec 6:13 Even he shall build the temple of the LORD; and he shall bear the glory, and shall sit and rule upon his throne; and he shall be a priest upon his throne: and the counsel of peace shall be between them both.

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
The characteristics of each greatly differ.

The Lord was not confused when He told them that when the Spirit came He would give them their words and guide their actions.

For according to Acts 2 and Acts 3, and Hebrews 2, etc., Acts 2's Pentecost and its signs and wonders had been a foretaste TO ISRAEL, of ISRAEL's PROPHESIED "world to come."

They were not wrong. Rather, God had planned to temporarily interrupt all that with a DIRECT Gentile salvation - Rom. 11:25.

At the same time He had planned to provoke Israel to jealousy through it that He might "save some" DURING THIS MYSTERY AGE in which He has TEMPORARILY interrupted His plan and purpose for, and through, that nation, Rom. 11:13, 14.

Romans 11:11 I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy. 11:12 Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness? 11:13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office: 11:14 If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them.

11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

11:28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes. 11:29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance. 11:30 For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief: 11:31 Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy. 11:32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all. 11:33 O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!

The old covenant, and the new are both an inheritance received by promises God made in covenant to Abraham.
Gentiles are his Children also in Christ (the second covenant of Gen 17).
Are you listening to the Rabbinic (Pharisaic) ideas of these things?

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
That's just your reading into things.

You really should read all of Isaiah, with these kinds of questions in mind.

They were to have evangelized Israel first, and then a redeemed Israel would evangelize the Gentiles.

Some of which is summarized in Isaiah 2; Isaiah 60; and Isaiah 66.

And their evangelizing of Israel first, was to have continued into His return, see Matthew 10:23 and then Matthew 24:14, which was to have taken place after 10:23.

Here is an example of that in the following - verse 1 and verses 3-5 are after the Tribulation, which is followed by the Lord's return, both of which are mentioned in verse 2.

Isaiah 60:1 Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon thee. 60:2 For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the LORD shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee. 60:3 And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising. 60:4 Lift up thine eyes round about, and see: all they gather themselves together, they come to thee: thy sons shall come from far, and thy daughters shall be nursed at thy side. 60:5 Then thou shalt see, and flow together, and thine heart shall fear, and be enlarged; because the abundance of the sea shall be converted unto thee, the forces of the Gentiles shall come unto thee.

That is describing Gentile salvation through, with, and after Israel's rise to its Prophesied glory, first.
I ask for clarity, to engage in dialogue....
Are you agreeing with the Pharisaic (Talmudic) teaching concerning the priesthood of the nation of Israel, as their prophesied glory here?

See for the fathers sakes. Speaking of Gods faithfulness to the promises made in covenant with Abraham. We see this also in the law of Moses. The covenant of Sinai could not abolish the land covenant (inheritance) made in Gen 15. Which covenant concerned the 4th generation of his seed, while Gen 15 concerned all his seed of promise.....including the first through third generation.
But.... of these two covenants, we do not add nor take away from each one.

Ga 3:15 Brethren, I speak after the manner of men; Though it be but a man’s covenant, yet if it be confirmed, no man disannulleth, or addeth thereto.
Ga 4:24 Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lol, you're amusing; you really are.

It is fascinating how consistently wrong you are - Luke 21's times of the Gentiles...fulfilled refers to end of Gentile Political Power; Israel the tail, no longer the head it once was and was meant to be, Politically, until the Lord returns, Daniel 2; Daniel 9; Daniel 11; Luke 1, etc.

In contrast, Romans 11's fulness of the Gentiles be come in refers to the end of this present Age's Gentile Spiritual Status before God (during this Mystery AGE of Grace), in contrast to Israel's Fallen Spiritual Status before God, Acts 7, in light of Matthew 12 and Luke 13; c.f. Acts 13; Acts 15; Roman 3; Romans 9-11, etc.

But you haven't a clue what I have just said - you're too busy reading your guessing at and endless errors and misrepresenations of your pet authors and youtube video pseudo-experts on Dispensationalism...into things.

Acts 17:11,12.

There is bound to be something wrong with anyone who disagrees with your form of Dispensational Theology.

Forget that both Christ and Paul referred to the "times of the Gentiles".

Forget what Jesus said in Luke 21:24-28.
Just add an LOL, and explain away the text.
Then heap condemnation on anyone who shows your doctrine to be in error.

Based on Hebrews 13:20 the New Covenant is "everlasting".
Therefore, the "Age of Grace" cannot end before the Second Coming of Christ.

I have more than a "clue" about what you are saying, because I have heard it before.
Richard Jordan is probably one of your heroes...

The New Covenant: Bob George

Upvote 0

Danoh

Oct 11, 2011
✟40,528.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ralliann, regarding Paul's supposedly having not been in The Temple...

Acts 21:26 Then Paul took the men, and the next day purifying himself with them entered into the temple, to signify the accomplishment of the days of purification, until that an offering should be offered for every one of them.

Acts 21:27 And when the seven days were almost ended, the Jews which were of Asia, when they saw him in the temple, stirred up all the people, and laid hands on him,

Acts 21:30 And all the city was moved, and the people ran together: and they took Paul, and drew him out of the temple: and forthwith the doors were shut.

Acts 22:17 And it came to pass, that, when I was come again to Jerusalem, even while I prayed in the temple, I was in a trance;

Acts 24:18 Whereupon certain Jews from Asia found me purified in the temple, neither with multitude, nor with tumult.

Acts 26:21 For these causes the Jews caught me in the temple, and went about to kill me.

Upvote 0

ProtectionET

Acting architect
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
✟29,433.00
Country
Russian Federation
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
And REQUIRED Physical Circumcision? you know, the Practice that St Paul says "is nothing"? (1 Corinthians 7:19)
Have you read this verse yourself?

Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God.
(1 Corinthians 7:19)

uncircumcision is nothing

Please read this many times, and understand.

To strive to maintain one's uncircumcised status is as pointless as it is to strive to circumcise yourself.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God.

To strive to maintain one's uncircumcised status is as pointless as it is to strive to circumcise yourself.

Php 3:2 Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the concision.
Php 3:3 For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.
Php 3:4 Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more:
Php 3:5 Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;
Php 3:6 Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.
Php 3:7 But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.
Php 3:8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
Php 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:
Php 3:10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;
Php 3:11 If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.

1Jn 3:22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.
1Jn 3:23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.
1Jn 3:24 And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ProtectionET

Acting architect
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
✟29,433.00
Country
Russian Federation
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Php 3:2 Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the concision.
Php 3:3 For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.
Php 3:4 Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more:
Php 3:5 Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;
Php 3:6 Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.
Php 3:7 But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.
Php 3:8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
Php 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:
Php 3:10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;
Php 3:11 If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.

1Jn 3:22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.
1Jn 3:23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.
1Jn 3:24 And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

If you want to explain something to me, then please express your thought in your own words. Otherwise, I think that you yourself do not understand what you want to say.

Upvote 0

ProtectionET

Acting architect
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
✟29,433.00
Country
Russian Federation
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Just as all Scripture speaks of Jesus Christ, it also speaks of His Second Coming and the triumph of the Law that Jesus Christ carries out. The construction of the Third Temple, prescribed to us through the prophecy of Ezekiel, is one of the stages of the implementation of the Law: The Third Temple is the sign of the Second Coming of Jesus Christ.

Ezekiel's Temple is the meeting place of the "elect from the four winds." The clouds of these elect, that is, the multitude of messengers of all the churches that will enter through the Eastern gate into the Messianic Temple, is the "glory of the God of Israel", or "the LORD God of Israel".

The LORD said to me, "This gate shall be shut; it shall not be opened, and no one shall enter by it, for the LORD God of Israel has entered by it; therefore it shall be shut.
(Ezekiel 44:2)

Scripture does not contradict itself. The New Testament does not contradict the Old Testament. The construction of the Third Temple in accordance with the prophecy of Ezekiel is the same fulfillment of the Law as was the death and resurrection of the Lamb of God, Jesus Christ.

ezekiels_temple_prv.png

Built in accordance with the Scriptures, the Third Temple will restore the lost ancient tribes of Israel:

true_israel.png

Ignoring Ezekiel's Temple is equivalent to ignoring the First Coming of Jesus Christ: without this Temple, there can be neither the admiration of the Church, nor the Second Coming of Christ, nor the realization of our common salvation. If we, believing in Jesus Christ, do not build this Messianic Temple, then the Jewish people will never turn to God. Because it is because of those righteous people who, in the Name of Jesus Christ, will enter the new Temple through the Eastern Gate, from 1 to 10 Tishrei, all Israel will turn to faith in the Messiah of Yeshua, and thus all Israel will be saved.

Without the construction of the Third Temple The city of Yahweh Shammah, the earthly projection of Heavenly Jerusalem, can not appear to the world.

udel.jpg

I am extremely surprised that many Christians not only do not want to participate in the construction of the Third Temple, but also resist the realization of the Bible prophecy. The location of the future Temple is uniquely determined by the prophesy of Ezekiel: Israel, the Judean desert, the southern slope of the mountain (543 m), coordinates 31 ° 29 'N 35 ° 15' E. This place is free of any buildings. Drawings and schemes of the Temple, created on the basis of the prophecy of Ezekiel, we have. What prevents us from building this Temple right now?

All obstacles exist only in the brains of both Jews and Christians.

Attachments

• complex.png
    complex.png
    228.3 KB · Views: 5
  • holy_allotment_i.jpg
    holy_allotment_i.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 1
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just as all Scripture speaks of Jesus Christ, it also speaks of His Second Coming and the triumph of the Law that Jesus Christ carries out. The construction of the Third Temple, prescribed to us through the prophecy of Ezekiel, is one of the stages of the implementation of the Law: The Third Temple is the sign of the Second Coming of Jesus Christ.

Ezekiel's Temple is the meeting place of the "elect from the four winds." The clouds of these elect, that is, the multitude of messengers of all the churches that will enter through the Eastern gate into the Messianic Temple, is the "glory of the God of Israel", or "the LORD God of Israel".

The LORD said to me, "This gate shall be shut; it shall not be opened, and no one shall enter by it, for the LORD God of Israel has entered by it; therefore it shall be shut.
(Ezekiel 44:2)

Scripture does not contradict itself. The New Testament does not contradict the Old Testament. The construction of the Third Temple in accordance with the prophecy of Ezekiel is the same fulfillment of the Law as was the death and resurrection of the Lamb of God, Jesus Christ.

ezekiels_temple_prv.png

Built in accordance with the Scriptures, the Third Temple will restore the lost ancient tribes of Israel:

View attachment 230948

Ignoring Ezekiel's Temple is equivalent to ignoring the First Coming of Jesus Christ: without this Temple, there can be neither the admiration of the Church, nor the Second Coming of Christ, nor the realization of our common salvation. If we, believing in Jesus Christ, do not build this Messianic Temple, then the Jewish people will never turn to God. Because it is because of those righteous people who, in the Name of Jesus Christ, will enter the new Temple through the Eastern Gate, from 1 to 10 Tishrei, all Israel will turn to faith in the Messiah of Yeshua, and thus all Israel will be saved.

Without the construction of the Third Temple The city of Yahweh Shammah, the earthly projection of Heavenly Jerusalem, can not appear to the world.

View attachment 230958

I am extremely surprised that many Christians not only do not want to participate in the construction of the Third Temple, but also resist the realization of the Bible prophecy. The location of the future Temple is uniquely determined by the prophesy of Ezekiel: Israel, the Judean desert, the southern slope of the mountain (543 m), coordinates 31 ° 29 'N 35 ° 15' E. This place is free of any buildings. Drawings and schemes of the Temple, created on the basis of the prophecy of Ezekiel, we have. What prevents us from building this Temple right now?

All obstacles exist only in the brains of both Jews and Christians.

Gal 4:24 Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.

Gal 4:25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.

Gal 4:26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

Gal 4:27 For it is written, Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not; break forth and cry, thou that travailest not: for the desolate hath many more children than she which hath an husband.
Gal 4:28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.
Gal 4:29 But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.
Gal 4:30 Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.
Gal 4:31 So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman, but of the free.

Heb 7:12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.

Heb 8:13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

Heb 10:16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them; (Quoted from the promise of the New Covenant in Jeremiah 31:31-34.)
Heb 10:17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.
Heb 10:18 Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.

• Agree
Reactions: ralliann
Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Ralliann, regarding Paul's supposedly having not been in The Temple...

Acts 21:26 Then Paul took the men, and the next day purifying himself with them entered into the temple, to signify the accomplishment of the days of purification, until that an offering should be offered for every one of them.

Acts 21:27 And when the seven days were almost ended, the Jews which were of Asia, when they saw him in the temple, stirred up all the people, and laid hands on him,

Acts 21:30 And all the city was moved, and the people ran together: and they took Paul, and drew him out of the temple: and forthwith the doors were shut.

Acts 22:17 And it came to pass, that, when I was come again to Jerusalem, even while I prayed in the temple, I was in a trance;

Acts 24:18 Whereupon certain Jews from Asia found me purified in the temple, neither with multitude, nor with tumult.

Acts 26:21 For these causes the Jews caught me in the temple, and went about to kill me.

They were speaking of the court of the temple. None but the Levites and sons of Aaron were allowed in the temple structure itself (holy place & and holy of holies). They were strangers there. The term used for this is zuwr. Which all but the priests were zuwr there.

02114 זור zuwr zoor
a primitive root; v; [BDB-266a, BDB-266b] {See TWOT on 541}
AV-stranger 45, strange 18, estranged 4, stranger + 0376 3, another 2, strange woman 2, gone away 1, fanners 1, another place 1; 77
1) to be strange, be a stranger
1a) (Qal)
1a1) to become estranged
1a2) strange, another, stranger, foreigner, an enemy (participle)
1a3) loathsome (of breath) (participle)
1a4) strange woman, prostitute, harlot (meton)
1b) (Niphal) to be estranged
1c) (Hophal) to be a stranger, be one alienated
*Priest eat of the holy sacrifices of atonement....
Ex 29:33 And they shall eat those things wherewith the atonement was made, to consecrate and to sanctify them: but a stranger <02114> shall not eat thereof, because they are holy.
*The holy anointing oil...
Ex 30:33 Whosoever compoundeth any like it, or whosoever putteth any of it upon a stranger <02114>, shall even be cut off from his people.
Le 22:10 There shall no stranger <02114> eat of the holy thing: a sojourner of the priest, or an hired servant, shall not eat of the holy thing.

* Even a priests daughter not married to a priest, cannot eat of the holy things. If Widowed or divorced she cannot eat if her children are non Levites....If no children resulted from the marriage then she may eat...
Le 22:13 But if the priest’s daughter be a widow, or divorced, and have no child, and is returned unto her father’s house, as in her youth, she shall eat of her father’s meat: but there shall no stranger <02114> eat thereof.
*Non Levites may not draw nigh......
Nu 1:51 And when the tabernacle setteth forward, the Levites shall take it down: and when the tabernacle is to be pitched, the Levites shall set it up: and the stranger <02114> that cometh nigh shall be put to death.
Nu 3:10 And thou shalt appoint Aaron and his sons, and they shall wait on their priest’s office: and the stranger <02114> that cometh nigh shall be put to death.
Nu 3:38 But those that encamp before the tabernacle toward the east, even before the tabernacle of the congregation eastward, shall be Moses, and Aaron and his sons, keeping the charge of the sanctuary for the charge of the children of Israel; and the stranger <02114> that cometh nigh shall be put to death.
*Concerning the entire tribe of Levi
Nu 18:4 And they shall be joined unto thee, and keep the charge of the tabernacle of the congregation, for all the service of the tabernacle: and a stranger <02114> shall not come nigh unto you.

Nu 18:7 Therefore thou and thy sons with thee shall keep your priest’s office for every thing of the altar, and within the vail; and ye shall serve: I have given your priest’s office unto you as a service of gift: and the stranger <02114> that cometh nigh shall be put to death.

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Gal 4:24 Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.

Gal 4:25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.

Gal 4:26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

Gal 4:27 For it is written, Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not; break forth and cry, thou that travailest not: for the desolate hath many more children than she which hath an husband.
Gal 4:28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.
Gal 4:29 But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.
Gal 4:30 Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.
Gal 4:31 So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman, but of the free.

Heb 7:12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.

Heb 8:13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

Heb 10:16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them; (Quoted from the promise of the New Covenant in Jeremiah 31:31-34.)
Heb 10:17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.
Heb 10:18 Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.

You know what is interesting about Hebrews...Just for thought.
Hebrews concerns inheritance, and covenants which are spoken of as wills of inheritance. Consider the following verse....

Jos 18:7 But the Levites have no part among you; for the priesthood of the LORD is their inheritance: and Gad, and Reuben, and half the tribe of Manasseh, have received their inheritance beyond Jordan on the east, which Moses the servant of the LORD gave them.

We see it spoken repeatedly in the law of Moses that the Levites were not heirs with Israel....nor given a portion among them..

Nu 18:23 But the Levites shall do the service of the tabernacle of the congregation, and they shall bear their iniquity: it shall be a statute for ever throughout your generations, that among the children of Israel they have no inheritance.

Nu 18:24 But the tithes of the children of Israel, which they offer as an heave offering unto the LORD, I have given to the Levites to inherit: therefore I have said unto them, Among the children of Israel they shall have no inheritance.

De 18:1 The priests the Levites, and all the tribe of Levi, shall have no part nor inheritance with Israel: they shall eat the offerings of the LORD made by fire, and his inheritance.

Jos 14:3 For Moses had given the inheritance of two tribes and an half tribe on the other side Jordan: but unto the Levites he gave none inheritance among them.

I think this might be an important context to keep in mind when reading Hebrews. As well as the Levites, or priesthood being an inheritance from Abraham. Which inheritance the other tribes (Israel) did not inherit.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Then, pray tell, why will physical circumcision be REQUIRED for ANY and EVERY male who sets foot in Ezekiel's Temple, if it is truly "nothing"?

Upvote 0

ProtectionET

Acting architect
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
✟29,433.00
Country
Russian Federation
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Then, pray tell, why will physical circumcision be REQUIRED for ANY and EVERY male who sets foot in Ezekiel's Temple, if it is truly "nothing"?
Have I ever told you that only the circumcised men can enter the Eastern Gate of the Temple?

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Except those "elect" who are not physically circumcised, correct?
They will be unwelcome there, correct?

Ezekiel 44:9
'Thus says the Lord GOD, "No foreigner uncircumcised in heart and uncircumcised in flesh of all the foreigners who are among the sons of Israel, shall enter My sanctuary.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Have I ever told you that only the circumcised men can enter the Eastern Gate of the Temple?

Do you agree or disagree with Ezekiel 44:9?
'Thus says the Lord GOD, "No foreigner uncircumcised in heart and uncircumcised in flesh of all the foreigners who are among the sons of Israel, shall enter My sanctuary.

I can't tell what your position is, as you have never directly answered the question... all your (non) answers thus far have been very cryptic, full of caveats and indecipherable.

Would you be willing to answer it directly?

Agree or Disagree? Please pick one.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Do you agree or disagree with Ezekiel 44:9?

I can't tell what your position is, as you have never directly answered the question... all your (non) answers thus far have been very cryptic, full of caveats and indecipherable.

Would you be willing to answer it directly?

Agree or Disagree? Please pick one.
I think it has to do with what it says here.....What is counted to a person in Christ......
Ro 2:25 For circumcision verily profiteth, if thou keep the law: but if thou be a breaker of the law, thy circumcision is made uncircumcision.
Ro 2:26 Therefore if the uncircumcision keep the righteousness of the law, shall not his uncircumcision be counted for circumcision?
Ro 2:27 And shall not uncircumcision which is by nature, if it fulfil the law, judge thee, who by the letter and circumcision dost transgress the law?

• Agree
Reactions: keras
Upvote 0