Visit site
✟1,507,481.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
My points are two: First, you might think twice before having such strong opinions about what other countries do, because you don't fully grasp life here. You have no way of accurately knowing about things here. Unless you are intentionally seeking out news sources which value conservative ideology, you are getting only 1/2 the story. The news you get is filtered and one-sided. Second, I highly doubt that you took issue with Obama for getting personally involved in having men use the same facilities and 6 year old girls, or anything else he has done for that matter.

Well, granted I don't know everything about life in America. But I read widely and am not totally ignorant, and I think I am not disqualified from voicing an opinion on an internet forum (which, let's face it, doesn't require a very high level of qualification, after all). And I'm happy enough to engage with different points of view and seek to share and learn, which is part of why I'm in a thread like this in the first place. (And besides, given that you're not where I am, you're hardly in a position to evaluate what news I have easily available to me).

I have my own opinions on bathroom spaces, but they're actually irrelevant here. My point was that in the grand scheme of things, it is a trivial matter for the President to deal with; and I'd say that no matter which President we're talking about. And I'm sure there's plenty I'd critique President Obama for (the fact that my first post in this thread suggested that a first priority for President Trump ought to be withdrawing from Afghanistan should have made it clear that I don't approve of the military involvement in Afghanistan under President Obama, but that seems to have been overlooked...)

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Well, granted I don't know everything about life in America. But I read widely and am not totally ignorant, and I think I am not disqualified from voicing an opinion on an internet forum (which, let's face it, doesn't require a very high level of qualification, after all). And I'm happy enough to engage with different points of view and seek to share and learn, which is part of why I'm in a thread like this in the first place. (And besides, given that you're not where I am, you're hardly in a position to evaluate what news I have easily available to me).

I have my own opinions on bathroom spaces, but they're actually irrelevant here. My point was that in the grand scheme of things, it is a trivial matter for the President to deal with; and I'd say that no matter which President we're talking about. And I'm sure there's plenty I'd critique President Obama for (the fact that my first post in this thread suggested that a first priority for President Trump ought to be withdrawing from Afghanistan should have made it clear that I don't approve of the military involvement in Afghanistan under President Obama, but that seems to have been overlooked...)

The fact that you think a grown man in the same changing room as unclothed little girls is "trivial" is as disturbing as it is revealing about you.

The protection of the innocent e.g. unborn children is a huge party of the conservative platform, so it would only makes sense that it would be a priority for a president. These young girls need protection from sexual predators, which, being a consistent progressive liberal, you should whole-heartedly applaud.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

He is Risen 72

Colossians 2:14 The Law is nailed to the Cross!!
Sep 3, 2013
Michigan
✟27,787.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Talk about victim blaming

Lawbreakers are now victims? The law abiding are the criminals? What a utopia!!! Too bad it didn’t happen and Freedom prevailed with the help of God and Christians that are fed up with such nonsense.

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,507,481.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The fact that you think a grown man in the same changing room as unclothed little girls is "trivial" is as disturbing as it is revealing about you.

The protection of the innocent e.g. unborn children is a huge party of the conservative platform, so it would only makes sense that it would be a priority for a president. These young girls need protection from sexual predators, which, being a consistent progressive liberal, you should whole-heartedly applaud.

I don't think it's "trivial" in the absolute sense; I think it's a trivial matter for the President to deal with. Surely it can be dealt with at a lower level of government?

A consistent progressive liberal? Hardly. However, I do completely agree that young girls should be protected from sexual predators. But my only point about that in this thread is that it really ought not take a President to do that.

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,507,481.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married

I don't think it's "trivial" in the absolute sense; I think it's a trivial matter for the President to deal with. Surely it can be dealt with at a lower level of government?

A consistent progressive liberal? Hardly. However, I do completely agree that young girls should be protected from sexual predators. But my only point about that in this thread is that it really ought not take a President to do that.

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
You think other countries are just going to let America send bus loads of people in no questions asked? How are you gunna pay for the busses? Who's gunna drive them? What protection will they have? Who's going to timetable them? We're not talking about taking a maxi-van load of kindergarteners to the beach, here. Mass logistic are more complex.

If we can deal with tens of thousands of armed forces around the world logistically, we can deal with deporting illegals. How hard do you think it will really be to start the police rounding them up and getting them ready to bus out, boat out or fly for that matter?

The problem is to keep them from coming back as fast as we can ship them out. The border needs to have armed patrols all along it until the wall is built, and that needs to be among the first dozen priorities. Six to eight months should be plenty to have a defensible border, even if we need armed stations every so often along it. Any good security expert should be able to decide what types of fence or other barrier we need, and we shouldn't discount lethal means.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Here's the thing I don't understand about replies like this. I can understand that people want this done, and feel very strongly about it.

But when we're talking about the President of the United States of America - a person who makes decisions which quite literally mean that people live or die as a result - why make something relatively trivial (in terms of actual impact on people's lives) the first priority?

Nobody lives or dies based on bathroom policy. Surely it's just not the most important thing the President could possibly do?
It's something he can change with the stroke of the pen in seconds, and it will overturn a greatly harmful policy affecting millions of innocent children.

What I can't understand is the how anyone can't see the importance this matter carries, and the ease with which it can be reversed.

• Agree
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Therefore why would the President of the United States involve himself in school bathrooms?
To undo the previous President's meddling in school bathrooms.

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
If we can deal with tens of thousands of armed forces around the world logistically, we can deal with deporting illegals. How hard do you think it will really be to start the police rounding them up and getting them ready to bus out, boat out or fly for that matter?
Well, there's that whole pesky "due process" thing...

Nor does it begin to address the problem of the other country's reaction to having busloads of people show up. What do you propose, leave them in a basket on the doorstep in the dead of night, and do a ding-dong-dash?
The problem is to keep them from coming back as fast as we can ship them out. The border needs to have armed patrols all along it until the wall is built, and that needs to be among the first dozen priorities. Six to eight months should be plenty to have a defensible border, even if we need armed stations every so often along it. Any good security expert should be able to decide what types of fence or other barrier we need, and we shouldn't discount lethal means.
Summary execution for illegal border crossings, huh? Tell me again about being pro-life?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
It's something he can change with the stroke of the pen in seconds, and it will overturn a greatly harmful policy affecting millions of innocent children.

What I can't understand is the how anyone can't see the importance this matter carries, and the ease with which it can be reversed.

i agree.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

good points.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
In a public school, adults and students use separate facilities. It is a rare thing for an adult to enter the students' bathroom, an event usually involving some kind of disciplinary intervention. Even then, the teacher or staff member will be of the same gender assigned to the bathroom. That is, it will be a female teacher or staff member who goes into the girls' room. The notion of a strange adult male pretending to be transgender lurking in the girls' room is a lurid fantasy.

Upvote 0