USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Well, I just read all this stuff about wanting manufacturing jobs to come back, and I think, is that really realistic?

I believe in free markets, so I don't like governments trying to "create jobs". It's not the work of the state to create jobs, but to create business-friendly policies and environments, which in turn causes job growth.

Cuba has zero unemployment because it "creates" jobs. The only trouble is that the people are starving to death with zero unemployment, and many of the jobs are essentially dining holes and filling them back in again.

To answer your question, no. It's not realistic. In cases where labor unions have negotiated themselves out of jobs through unrealistic demands, those jobs are not coming back; however, this is an instance in which I hope to proven wrong.

• Agree
Reactions: MWood
Upvote 0

Catholic Values Voter

Aug 27, 2018
Texas
✟2,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
You can tell a lot about a new president and what his priorities are by what he makes his first priority when he takes office. His first acts as president speak volumes about what matters most to him, and they set the tone for his entire presidency.

Obama vowed to make abortion his first priority when he took office. Not to stop it, but to expand it.

What do you think Trump will do, and what do you wish he would do in his very first days in office? If you had his ear, what would you have him attempt first?

The first thing Trump should do is make abortion illegal and promptly punish women who kill their babies.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
The first thing Trump should do is make abortion illegal and promptly punish women who kill their babies.

How would you punish these women? Stoning? Flogging? Caning? Burning? Execution? Imprisonment? You and Tomas Torquemada seem to share a kinship.

Reactions: Jamsie
Upvote 0

Elliewaves

Untouchable internet saint
Dec 18, 2011
✟97,387.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged

You seem really fixated on this. What punishment do you think they need? Jail time so we are paying for their every move and medical care? death? labor camps? If the father was involved in encouraging a woman to get an abortion ; what punishment should he receive? Just curious what you think.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
  • Winner
Reactions: JackRT
Upvote 0