China
Visit site
✟8,378.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Dear brethren,

Grace and peace be upon you all in God through Jesus Christ our Savior and Lord! Thanks be to God that we are called to His salvation, and have partaken of His grace and love. Blessed be the LORD God of Israel forever in the Name of Jesus Christ. Amen! :bow:

My brethren, I hope to share a deep concern and distress that I have since last year and I hope that through this sharing, I could be strengthened through you all in the love of God. I feel that keeping it to myself is not good and perhaps I should share it with you all so that I may be strengthened in God through you all. May the Lord have mercy on me, and forgive me my trespasses.

The main distress I have now is: Should I forsake everything and leave my parents to serve the Lord? Is this the Lord's calling for me?

I hope to share here my conversion story so that you all can understand why I have such a distress in the first place. Please bear with me, my brethren.

My life without Christ

When I came into this world, my parents were atheists and didn't know anything about God. I was thus brought up in a family where salvation and Jesus Christ were totally unheard of. Before my belief in Jesus Christ, I lived in darkness, and my heart was filled with hatred and bitterness. This was primarily due to the violent environment my family was in as well as the evil I saw in this world. My father was a violent and emotional man (he also suffered deep emotional trauma and hurt since young), and he often brought his unhappiness into the family, causing a lot of tensions and quarrels with my mother. I often lived in fear of him, because he was so easily angry and the way he quarrelled with my mother was terrible. Many times, he even wanted to commit suicide with my mother and me when my parents quarrelled. He is also very oppressive and easily suspicious, and would make my mother and me feel very uneasy and frustrated to be with him because he would always question this and that. I lived in such an environment since young, and thus by the time I was a teenager, the emotional hurt, oppression and bitterness in my heart turned me into a girl filled with hatred and unhappiness. I could find no way to release such emotions and many times I wanted to end my life. But thanks be to God, He kept me and did not allow the devil to destroy me.

My conversion and difficulties

When I was around 14 years old (in December 2005), I was led by God to Jesus Christ. That night, I wept like a child when I heard the story of Jesus Christ's death on the Cross. At the same time, I felt that the emotional burdens I had were lifted up and removed. I gave my heart and confessed the Lord Jesus that night as my personal Savior. But my parents were not converted because I was the only one who was led to Christ. My father was very oppressive and angrily forbade me from believing in Jesus Christ. I was not allowed to go to Church and had to read the Bible in secret. But inside my heart, I did not deny my faith in the Lord Jesus and prayed to Him for guidance and to teach me more about Him.

Because of my faith in the Lord, I had much tensions and quarrels with my unconverted parents. They would use all kinds of arguments to convince me that God does not exist and that my faith is stupid and irrational. When that did not work, they would go on to use foul words against me and against the Lord. They would even beat me in anger and curse and swear. I was caused to stumble into sin so many times because of their oppression and persecution, but every time I repented, God forgave me and cleansed me from my sins with the blood of Christ. It was such a struggle for me as a new Christian, but thanks be to God, He kept me in all this and showed me wondrous things in His Word. Though there was no one to teach me the Bible, I learned many things under the guidance of the Holy Spirit.

The persecution was so unbearable for me that I had to run away from my parents three times. The most recent runaway was just a few months ago. During a period of time last year, there was this feeling in me that God is asking me to forsake everything (including my parents) to serve Him. In particular, He led me to Zechariah 13:8-9 and said through a chinese beggar boy that He would destroy two of every three. I don't know why I have this gut feeling, but I kept thinking that God is telling me that my parents would be destroyed and would not be able to receive Salvation. At first, I didn't dare to believe and just thought that it was an evil thought that I should not have. But the most recent persecution I faced from my parents few months ago only seemed to confirm what I originally thought. Was God indeed telling me that my parents are destined for damnation? I don't know, I really don't.

Furthermore, I had a dream that my parents and I were walking on a broad walkway and that I almost mistook the anti-Christ kingdom for the Kingdom of God. In that dream, I heard a voice telling me 2015, and I understood in that dream that 2015 is the year of the Lord's second coming. I am really not sure if this dream and the thought of my parents being destroyed came from God, but my circumstances only seemed to confirm my belief. I shared this dream I had, and a fellow brother actually brought my attention to the fact that the broad walkway my parents and I are walking on is exactly what the Lord had described as the way of destruction. (Matthew 7:13)

Another dream I had seemed to be very similar to the rapture. In that dream, I was in my room and looking out into the window expecting the Lord's return. Then I saw something white that looked like a star descending down from the sky and I knew in my dream that the Lord is coming. Then, my body was raised up and lifted into the air out of my room. I happened to look back into my room at that time and I saw my parents standing there and not being lifted up like I was. (1 Thessalonians 4:16-17) My dream ended right here and I woke up.

Even till now, after 5 over years of my belief in the Lord Jesus, my parents are still not converted. They now no longer forbid me from going to Church and reading the Bible, but I can see that they have not fully believed in God either. These 5 over years of unbelief in their hearts gave the devil many chances to wreck havoc in my family and also allowed him to use them as tools to attack my faith. If the Lord was not with me, I don't know where I would be now.

I'm now in university studying Accountancy, but I really don't know whether this is the path I should be walking on. I almost wanted to give up studying this year and this caused yet another persecution from my parents. I was even led to the Mental Health Institute because my parents think I have gone out of my mind. When the doctors there said I am perfectly normal, my parents were still angry. I felt so oppressed at that time that I would have stayed in the Mental Health Institute if I could and not stay with my parents. My father even wanted to commit suicide with me because I didn't want to go home with him. I had to cast satan out of him in the Name of Jesus Christ because I could see that he was no longer himself.

Now I'm back with my parents, but I could still feel the oppression from them. My father would still be suspicious of me and would question this and that, even when I am only discussing Christian issues on the forums. My mother would also try to argue with me and try to twist the Truth around to suit her understanding. I really don't know what I should do, and yet in my heart, I have this eagerness to leave them so that I can serve the Lord in peace. But when I really do so, I feel insecure and weak and reluctant to leave. I'm now almost 20, and I've never once left my parents before, now it is really difficult for me to leave them at once. I asked for the Lord for help to overcome my insecurities and weaknesses, but I find no relief. Thus, I always came back to my parents despite being so determined to leave during the persecutions.

What should I do, my brethren? I'm now really confused as to what the Lord really wants me to do. On one hand, I am not yet convinced that everything I felt about my parents' destined doom and the Lord's calling for me to leave is wrong. On the other hand, I don't know why I am not able to overcome my weaknesses if the Lord indeed called me to leave everything behind. Furthermore, as a woman, I don't know where I should go and how I should conduct my life. I don't have a job and a degree, so if I go to an unfamilar place, what occupation should I find? I know the Lord will provide everything, but I just can't forsake my insecurities. It's as though my spirit is willing, but my flesh is weak and reluctant. I feel so useless and helpless.

What do you all think, brothers and sisters?

Last edited:

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear Terene. May I say first: " you will definitely be in my prayers, and your parents, too." I can only tell you what I would do. From your Message , I can sense that your parents need help, and Love is the greatest power you have. Ask the Holy Spirit to empower you with such great Love, that your parents cannot help but noticing the change in you. Until God opens another door for you, stay where you are, and look upon it as : Sacred work from God. God is Love, and Jesus died out of love for all of us. Ask God to guide you, and let Love be your weapon to keep Satan away from you and your Mum and Dad. When your Dad becomes hard to handle, let your love show itself, let your Dad know that he is loved. You know what is best for him, perhaps you and your Mum stay away for a while, and then treat him quite normal, but Always with love. Keep going to Church, Terene, but do your praying when you are on your own. God will know, and God will guide you. Keep asking Jesus to give you and your Mum and Dad His Love, His Peace, and His Joy. Love is your sword, use it, and trust God. With God on our side, Nothing and No-One can hurt us. I say this with love, Terene. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ.

Upvote 0

briareos

Mar 11, 2011
Fort Bragg, NC
✟6,085.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Terene,

I am going to make it a commitment and priority that I pray for you regularly. You seem to be surrounded by a storm of many diffrent problems, let's join in prayer and seek the Lord and just as God was with David in valley of the shadow of death he will be with you and just as he met with Paul on the road to Damascus he can meet your parents and the Lord would say to you that just as the angel Gabriel said WITH GOD NOTHING SHALL BE IMPOSSIBLE! There has no tragedy befallen you that daunts the Lord! As much as I love your spirit and your amazing testimony I don't believe for a second that your parents are doomed, no way! The bible says that all who call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved! The bible says his mercy endures forever! He has saved people far worse than your parents and turned them into mighty men and women of God.

Do not give up on your parents and you test those visions and dreams and voices, the infallible word of the Lord, the gospel is the razors edges by which things must pass, the bible says to test the spirits becuase not every spirit or voice is from God. This includes prophecy at churches 1 Cor 14.

Your parents are not doomed, the Lord never gave up or abandoned any needy soul and his mercy is never exhausted. Atheism is not the worst of sins, I know, I was an Atheist too and it doesn't matter what your parents say where two or more are gathered together in his name the Lord is there and if we join in prayer God can do amazing things friend. God is mighty to save! I didn't want God in my life either but I was overtaken by an amazing love and he can do the same for your parents.

I am becoming emotional becuase my heart goes out to you I believe God is still mighty to save... we can do this friend, the Lord can save your family and he'll take care of you! With God we can do all things. There has no darkness crept into your life that can challenge the might and the love of our God! The Lord would say take heart! His love will lead us through the night.
I am praying for you dear friend. I believe the Lord has made us friends for a reason and the Lord will never let us fall.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMxKrwqp_4Y

I have only been a christian for a month, and maybe that gives me the foolishness to believe he can do amazing things for us. His love and might will lead us through the night!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

briareos

Mar 11, 2011
Fort Bragg, NC
✟6,085.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
The Lord has told me to fast tommorow as I join with you in prayer for your future, your family, your understanding, your confidence, your situation.

I was praying fervently for you and as I began to command the devil to go and let go of your parents and get out of your situation I was inspired by the story of Jesus that "this kind cometh not out but by prayer and fasting" I am absolutely confident that we can pray and show love and maybe not tommorow, maybe not next week, maybe it's next year but your parents can be touched by the Lord and they come to know him and further more that God can banish the darkness you feel creeping in. So tommorow I am going to liquid fast all day and keep my heart and mind in meditation and prayer over your life. Take heart friend :) The devil is defeated.

Upvote 0

lutherangerman

Jan 30, 2009
Eppendorf, Germany
✟17,788.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I would also encourage you to hope for your parents. What Jesus showed you in your dreams was that you are saved - while your parents are not (yet). This is not a reason to leave the life of such people but instead you must say to yourself, I am saved, I don't need help, but there are unsaved people whom I must help. So be kind to your parents.

However, you can and I think you should aim at basing your life on Jesus and on your own freedom. You have the right to build yourself a life apart from your parents, just don't cut off your contact to them. Get yourself your own appartment, maybe find a good boyfriend. Pursue the dreams you have.

But don't start hating or despising your parents, that is not the christian way, even when anyone can see they abused you badly. Speak the truth to your parents in boldness, tell them about the love of God and don't answer insult with insult. Acquire more knowledge about the bible and quote good verses. The word of God is our ally in such struggles!

I will also pray for you now. Thanks for coming here and telling us all this. God bless you!

Upvote 0

Angelfrog

Rock, paper, JESUS! I win!
Oct 22, 2009
Sitting on a cloud in England.
✟9,863.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Terene, I find your commitment, courage and faith awe inspiring!
I'm also going to pray for you and your family.

How I wish I could give you an easy answer. My gut instinct is to move towards an independent life, even if it takes a little while- and hold on to the promise that God will supply all your needs- and in the meantime 'Honour your father and mother'. That's God's idea, after all- and obedience to his rules is a pretty good route to go! I wouldn't want to give all of that as solid advice though- because that's me talking without having prayed about it!

I also agree with briareos that it's not impossible for your parents to be saved. Never stop praying for a softening of their hearts and for protection around them from demonic influences.

Have you ever considered 'anointing' your home? You could do it whilst no-one's in- or whenever a room is unoccupied. Just a thought. I've done it with our home.

I wouldn't get too upset about the dream, hon. It'm not saying it's not of God at all- but it's possible that your own worries and fears are playing a big part in what you dream. I say this because of the comment about Jesus' return in 2015. An awful lot of people are convinced that God has told them the time of the second coming. I'm no expert by any stretch of the imagination on this matter- but I tend to be a little wary of 'dates' being given. Jesus himself said that no-one knows the hour, but the Father- not even the Son. My stance on it tends to be that if God hasn't even told Jesus when it is- he's a little unlikely to give any of us an exact heads up on the year/ date, over Jesus himself, is he?

(I'm only saying that to reassure you not to get too despondent over the dream- not to waffle on about the second coming!)

Hold on in there, Terene. He will never forsake you. Amazing, huh?
You're in our prayers.

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Dear Terene,

There isn't much I can add to what you said, or to what has already been reflected back by others. I think the main issue here is the peace that comes through faith. A case can be made either way for what you should do, and I believe the Lord is going to show you what is best, but it might take a while. Maybe you should view this as if you were the Israelites circling Jericho. All they did was rehearse again and again the mercies and faithfulness of the Lord, and at the proper time the obstacles fell down.

I know the Lord's ways are perfect, as is His timing. So, though I don't know what to counsel, I pray that you come into perfect union with Him, and the perfect peace, faith and love that that brings, and that He will reveal the way forward for you. Sometimes we paradoxically need to labor to enter that rest.

Blessings,
p.

Upvote 0

fm107

Psalm 19:1-4 and Romans 1:20
May 12, 2009
London, UK
✟61,600.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Beloved sister Terene,

If your not sure what God wants you to do, then don't be hasty in making a decision. God will continue to prod you in a direction he wants you to go, you will feel at peace with the decision - that's how you know!

With regards to the dreams, again don't be hasty to come to a conclusion but rather do what Mary did:

Luke 2:19
But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart.

I think I can only offer a couple of scriptures to you which I hope may be of some help to you...

Matthew 5:16
In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.

God is using you even now, your a testimony to your parents, your a light in their dark world. My dad was saved out of the world due to him seeing a Christians - he noticed they had something he didn't have - an inner peace and happiness he didn't have in his life though he was much more wealthier etc than them.

Your parents might see the same in you!

James 1:2-3
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.

2 Timothy 3:12
In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted

The fact that your being persecuted in this way shows your living a Godly life and remember:

Luke 6:22
Blessed are you when men hate you, when they exclude you and insult you and reject your name as evil, because of the Son of Man. "Rejoice in that day and leap for joy, because great is your reward in heaven. For that is how their fathers treated the prophets.

God is with you every step of the way, he will never leave you.

Hebrews 3:15
God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."

Matthew 28:20
And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

All of us here care for you very much and as our brother briareos has said, you will be in our prayers.

Keep trusting in God, he is our rock in times of trouble.

Your brother in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jonahthesign

Jan 20, 2011
✟15,776.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Luke 18:29And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or parents, or brethren, or wife, or children, for the kingdom of God's sake,
30Who shall not receive manifold more in this present time, and in the world to come life everlasting.

However, the disciples left to make believers. Since your parents are unconverted, your job may be there and you don't have to leave to go anywhere.

I would suggest volunteering at an orphanage.

I would have hope for your parents too. There is nothing that God cannot do. Pray that they may receive a heart of repentance. Have you tried fasting? Try fasting and praying for this specifically. I have been doing this for my husband.

You said you casted Satan out of him in the name of Jesus one time. I'm interested to know just how did he respond to that?

When my husband gets heated and leaves the house in anger, I will say out loud 'The Lord rebuke thee Satan, and my husband will return calm and holds his peace and does not continue arguing.

But I would have hope for your parents still. You said they no longer forbid you to go to church and allow you to read your bible. Small as that may seem, that IS a sign of change so there is hope and put your hope in Christ.

Jude 1:21Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.
22And of some have compassion, making a difference: 23And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.

2 Peter 2:11
Whereas angels, which are greater in power and might, bring not railing accusation against them before the Lord.

Ephesians 6:2
Honour thy father and mother; which is the first commandment with promise

I recently took down a chinese horoscope that my mother had put on her wall at home. They had it there for years even though they are Christian. But after becoming born again, you are just zealous for God and so any that offends had to go. I took it down and threw it in the garbage when they weren't looking. My mother questioned me about it and I just told her 'God doesn't like it'. She didn't argue.

In Judges 6, Gideon was tested by God to do something similar. He was told to destroy the altar of Baal that belonged to his father but fearing his father and his father's household, he did it at night time.

I bring this up though because I suggest you also do your best to get rid of cursed objects that are in your home. You mentioned your parents are atheists but there still maybe something that shouldn't be there and it maybe a barrier to blessings in your home.

Deuteronomy 7:26
Neither shalt thou bring an abomination into thine house, lest thou be a cursed thing like it: but thou shalt utterly detest it, and thou shalt utterly abhor it; for it is a cursed thing

You should also confess the sins of your family and not just your own sins and also the sins of your ancestors. This also maybe hindering blessings.

Numbers 14:18
The LORD is longsuffering, and of great mercy, forgiving iniquity and transgression, and by no means clearing the guilty, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation.

I don't believe there is a single person in the world that should not have to confess the sins of their ancestors.

On a final note of encouragement and hope for your parents conversion.

Romans 14:11
For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

Blessings:prayer:

Upvote 0

Terene

Bondslave of Jesus Christ
Mar 21, 2011
China
Visit site
✟8,378.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you dear sister jonahthesign for your advice and encouragement! I actually wanted to write a lot of things in my last post, but my heart tells me to have faith in God and not complain about such things. But now I must tell you what are the difficulties I faced:

However, the disciples left to make believers. Since your parents are unconverted, your job may be there and you don't have to leave to go anywhere.

I would suggest volunteering at an orphanage.

I would have hope for your parents too. There is nothing that God cannot do. Pray that they may receive a heart of repentance. Have you tried fasting? Try fasting and praying for this specifically. I have been doing this for my husband.

I really hope I'm doing God's will by staying with my parents. What you don't yet know, sister, is that my father is really very suspicious, and even when it comes to volunteering, he would interfere. I was trying to find an organisation to do some volunteer work just yesterday, and he expressed his disapproval and unhappiness. Fasting is also out of the question, because my parents won't allow me to fast and suffer hunger. They do it out of love, so how do I reject them?

Amen, yes, our God can do everything. But you don't know the extent that my freedom is curbed. I have to do everything under the scrutiny of my father, and even a simple thing like fasting couldn't be done, how could I go about doing anything that may help them? May God help me in this. :prayer:

You said you casted Satan out of him in the name of Jesus one time. I'm interested to know just how did he respond to that?

When my husband gets heated and leaves the house in anger, I will say out loud 'The Lord rebuke thee Satan, and my husband will return calm and holds his peace and does not continue arguing.

But I would have hope for your parents still. You said they no longer forbid you to go to church and allow you to read your bible. Small as that may seem, that IS a sign of change so there is hope and put your hope in Christ.
The last time I casted satan out of my father, he wanted to commit suicide with me. When I shouted at him "Satan, away from me in the Name of Jesus Christ", he immediately changed and said "Go home" instead of "Let's die together". I refused to go home at that time because he was very angry and I know he would oppress me at home.

The devil has been using both my father and mother and influencing their thoughts and actions to put pressure on me. I actually had to cast the devil out of my father and also my mother, multiple times. Yes, their original opposition in me reading the Bible and going to Church has indeed changed, and praise God for His deliverance. But the devil's influences in their lives hasn't stopped, mainly because of their unbelief and sins.
I recently took down a chinese horoscope that my mother had put on her wall at home. They had it there for years even though they are Christian. But after becoming born again, you are just zealous for God and so any that offends had to go. I took it down and threw it in the garbage when they weren't looking. My mother questioned me about it and I just told her 'God doesn't like it'. She didn't argue.

In Judges 6, Gideon was tested by God to do something similar. He was told to destroy the altar of Baal that belonged to his father but fearing his father and his father's household, he did it at night time.

I bring this up though because I suggest you also do your best to get rid of cursed objects that are in your home. You mentioned your parents are atheists but there still maybe something that shouldn't be there and it maybe a barrier to blessings in your home.
Indeed, sister, I do have some articles in my family that may have hindered the blessings, but taking them down is difficult as well. In the past, I secretly disposed off a lot of things the Lord is unhappy with, and that almost caused yet another dissension between me and my parents. As far as I can see now, there remains a poster with a Buddha picture on it that needs to be disposed, but my mother forbid me from throwing it away. What shall I do?

You should also confess the sins of your family and not just your own sins and also the sins of your ancestors. This also maybe hindering blessings.

Numbers 14:18
The LORD is longsuffering, and of great mercy, forgiving iniquity and transgression, and by no means clearing the guilty, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation.

I don't believe there is a single person in the world that should not have to confess the sins of their ancestors.
Indeed, I shall start doing that from now on, thank you for this sister. But I'm afraid that even if I confess their sins, they would continue doing what is sinful because they don't have faith in the Lord Jesus. Shall I confess their sins until they truly repent?

May God bless you all!

Upvote 0

arj1981

Dec 17, 2003
✟1,843.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Dear brethren,

Grace and peace be upon you all in God through Jesus Christ our Savior and Lord! Thanks be to God that we are called to His salvation, and have partaken of His grace and love. Blessed be the LORD God of Israel forever in the Name of Jesus Christ. Amen! :bow:

My brethren, I hope to share a deep concern and distress that I have since last year and I hope that through this sharing, I could be strengthened through you all in the love of God. I feel that keeping it to myself is not good and perhaps I should share it with you all so that I may be strengthened in God through you all. May the Lord have mercy on me, and forgive me my trespasses.

The main distress I have now is: Should I forsake everything and leave my parents to serve the Lord? Is this the Lord's calling for me?

I hope to share here my conversion story so that you all can understand why I have such a distress in the first place. Please bear with me, my brethren.

My life without Christ

When I came into this world, my parents were atheists and didn't know anything about God. I was thus brought up in a family where salvation and Jesus Christ were totally unheard of. Before my belief in Jesus Christ, I lived in darkness, and my heart was filled with hatred and bitterness. This was primarily due to the violent environment my family was in as well as the evil I saw in this world. My father was a violent and emotional man (he also suffered deep emotional trauma and hurt since young), and he often brought his unhappiness into the family, causing a lot of tensions and quarrels with my mother. I often lived in fear of him, because he was so easily angry and the way he quarrelled with my mother was terrible. Many times, he even wanted to commit suicide with my mother and me when my parents quarrelled. He is also very oppressive and easily suspicious, and would make my mother and me feel very uneasy and frustrated to be with him because he would always question this and that. I lived in such an environment since young, and thus by the time I was a teenager, the emotional hurt, oppression and bitterness in my heart turned me into a girl filled with hatred and unhappiness. I could find no way to release such emotions and many times I wanted to end my life. But thanks be to God, He kept me and did not allow the devil to destroy me.

My conversion and difficulties

When I was around 14 years old (in December 2005), I was led by God to Jesus Christ. That night, I wept like a child when I heard the story of Jesus Christ's death on the Cross. At the same time, I felt that the emotional burdens I had were lifted up and removed. I gave my heart and confessed the Lord Jesus that night as my personal Savior. But my parents were not converted because I was the only one who was led to Christ. My father was very oppressive and angrily forbade me from believing in Jesus Christ. I was not allowed to go to Church and had to read the Bible in secret. But inside my heart, I did not deny my faith in the Lord Jesus and prayed to Him for guidance and to teach me more about Him.

Because of my faith in the Lord, I had much tensions and quarrels with my unconverted parents. They would use all kinds of arguments to convince me that God does not exist and that my faith is stupid and irrational. When that did not work, they would go on to use foul words against me and against the Lord. They would even beat me in anger and curse and swear. I was caused to stumble into sin so many times because of their oppression and persecution, but every time I repented, God forgave me and cleansed me from my sins with the blood of Christ. It was such a struggle for me as a new Christian, but thanks be to God, He kept me in all this and showed me wondrous things in His Word. Though there was no one to teach me the Bible, I learned many things under the guidance of the Holy Spirit.

The persecution was so unbearable for me that I had to run away from my parents three times. The most recent runaway was just a few months ago. During a period of time last year, there was this feeling in me that God is asking me to forsake everything (including my parents) to serve Him. In particular, He led me to Zechariah 13:8-9 and said through a chinese beggar boy that He would destroy two of every three. I don't know why I have this gut feeling, but I kept thinking that God is telling me that my parents would be destroyed and would not be able to receive Salvation. At first, I didn't dare to believe and just thought that it was an evil thought that I should not have. But the most recent persecution I faced from my parents few months ago only seemed to confirm what I originally thought. Was God indeed telling me that my parents are destined for damnation? I don't know, I really don't.

Furthermore, I had a dream that my parents and I were walking on a broad walkway and that I almost mistook the anti-Christ kingdom for the Kingdom of God. In that dream, I heard a voice telling me 2015, and I understood in that dream that 2015 is the year of the Lord's second coming. I am really not sure if this dream and the thought of my parents being destroyed came from God, but my circumstances only seemed to confirm my belief. I shared this dream I had, and a fellow brother actually brought my attention to the fact that the broad walkway my parents and I are walking on is exactly what the Lord had described as the way of destruction. (Matthew 7:13)

Another dream I had seemed to be very similar to the rapture. In that dream, I was in my room and looking out into the window expecting the Lord's return. Then I saw something white that looked like a star descending down from the sky and I knew in my dream that the Lord is coming. Then, my body was raised up and lifted into the air out of my room. I happened to look back into my room at that time and I saw my parents standing there and not being lifted up like I was. (1 Thessalonians 4:16-17) My dream ended right here and I woke up.

Even till now, after 5 over years of my belief in the Lord Jesus, my parents are still not converted. They now no longer forbid me from going to Church and reading the Bible, but I can see that they have not fully believed in God either. These 5 over years of unbelief in their hearts gave the devil many chances to wreck havoc in my family and also allowed him to use them as tools to attack my faith. If the Lord was not with me, I don't know where I would be now.

I'm now in university studying Accountancy, but I really don't know whether this is the path I should be walking on. I almost wanted to give up studying this year and this caused yet another persecution from my parents. I was even led to the Mental Health Institute because my parents think I have gone out of my mind. When the doctors there said I am perfectly normal, my parents were still angry. I felt so oppressed at that time that I would have stayed in the Mental Health Institute if I could and not stay with my parents. My father even wanted to commit suicide with me because I didn't want to go home with him. I had to cast satan out of him in the Name of Jesus Christ because I could see that he was no longer himself.

Now I'm back with my parents, but I could still feel the oppression from them. My father would still be suspicious of me and would question this and that, even when I am only discussing Christian issues on the forums. My mother would also try to argue with me and try to twist the Truth around to suit her understanding. I really don't know what I should do, and yet in my heart, I have this eagerness to leave them so that I can serve the Lord in peace. But when I really do so, I feel insecure and weak and reluctant to leave. I'm now almost 20, and I've never once left my parents before, now it is really difficult for me to leave them at once. I asked for the Lord for help to overcome my insecurities and weaknesses, but I find no relief. Thus, I always came back to my parents despite being so determined to leave during the persecutions.

What should I do, my brethren? I'm now really confused as to what the Lord really wants me to do. On one hand, I am not yet convinced that everything I felt about my parents' destined doom and the Lord's calling for me to leave is wrong. On the other hand, I don't know why I am not able to overcome my weaknesses if the Lord indeed called me to leave everything behind. Furthermore, as a woman, I don't know where I should go and how I should conduct my life. I don't have a job and a degree, so if I go to an unfamilar place, what occupation should I find? I know the Lord will provide everything, but I just can't forsake my insecurities. It's as though my spirit is willing, but my flesh is weak and reluctant. I feel so useless and helpless.

What do you all think, brothers and sisters?

Nice testimony.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Terene:

You are walking a very difficult road - but you don't walk it alone. God is right there with you every step you take.

Hebrews 13:5-6
5 Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you."
6 So we may boldly say: "The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?"

As bitter and hard as your parents are toward your faith, they are still people for whom Christ died. Jesus gave his life so that your parents might know him as their Saviour and Lord and be reconciled to God. If he loves them this much, you ought to love them deeply, too. You are God's ambassador to your parents. You may be the only person they know and will ever know who is a genuine child of God. Do not be a stumblingblock to them; give them no cause to speak ill of your Saviour.

What is more important: the eternal destiny of your parents or your happiness and peace of mind? I think God makes it pretty clear in His Word that our happiness and ease of living is far behind in importance to being a faithful witness of Christ to the lost.

I don't mean to diminish the great difficulty you face in being a light to your parents. Living with your parents sounds terrible! The darkness that covers your family, however, is indicative of a territory firmly under the control of the Evil One. He isn't going to give up his ground without a fight. You can see the awfulness of your situation only on the level of the mundane: its just people being miserable to each other. Or, you can see it as God has told us to see it:

Ephesians 6:12
12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

Its never just you and your parents in the room. God's Spirit resides within you, Satan's demons are present, and God's angels are there as well. You can be sure that none of these spiritual agents are content just to sit and watch. The devil's demons are working to provoke, and confuse, and ultimately destroy your family and your testimony. But God is there, too, waiting for you to humby apply to Him for the the grace and love you need to resist the Devil and shine brightly for Christ to your parents. You're on a battlefield, sister, so keep your eyes open!

1 Peter 5:8
8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.

2 Corinthians 10:3-6
3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh.
4 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds,
5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ,
6 and being ready to punish all disobedience when your obedience is fulfilled.

I would be very careful about making decisions based on dreams, and impressions, and gut feelings. These are all highly susceptible to your subjective desires and fears. Instead, take the wisdom offered to you in God's Word and prayerfully apply it to the situations and decisions you face each day.

2 Timothy 3:16-17
16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,
17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

One other thing: As a child of God and His ambassador to your parents you are to behave toward them in a very specific way.

2 Timothy 2:24-26
24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,
25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;
26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

I'll be praying for you!

Selah.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Terene

Mar 21, 2011
China
Visit site
✟8,378.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's not right to pigeon-hole your parents as destined for Hell. God wants everyone to be saved (1 Timothy 2:3-4).

Forget about that dream about 2015. We won't know the day nor the hour (Matthew 24:36, Mark 13:32).

I don't mean to do that brother, but at least that dream warns me that my parents are still in an unsaved state, which they are.

As for that dream, I still don't know exactly where it came from, so until I am assured it is not from God, I'm holding onto it. By the way, 2015 is not the day or the hour, but a year. It could well be God pointing me to that year and also to the signs that are preceding His Christ's Coming. I do remember that the Word has said that there will be sun darkening and moon not giving its light before the Lord's coming. I did a little googling and find that there are such things happening in 2014-2015. What is even more interesting is that these heavenly signs happen during the same year when the Jewish people also have some important religious celebrations/festivals coming on.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
As for that dream, I still don't know exactly where it came from, so until I am assured it is not from God, I'm holding onto it. By the way, 2015 is not the day or the hour, but a year. It could well be God pointing me to that year and also to the signs that are preceding His Christ's Coming. I do remember that the Word has said that there will be sun darkening and moon not giving its light before the Lord's coming. I did a little googling and find that there are such things happening in 2014-2015. What is even more interesting is that these heavenly signs happen during the same year when the Jewish people also have some important religious celebrations/festivals coming on.

We don't know when. He's going to come like a theif in the night when nobody expects him (Matthew 24:43-44). 2015 means you'd be expecting him for a year.

Upvote 0

Terene

Mar 21, 2011
China
Visit site
✟8,378.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We don't know when. He's going to come like a theif in the night when nobody expects him (Matthew 24:43-44). 2015 means you'd be expecting him for a year.

But you, brothers and sisters, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief. (1 Thessalonians 5)

It is those who are in darkness that the Lord's coming will surprise them as a thief in the night.

I am not trying to set dates or predict the Lord's coming. But I do know what I dreamed and I am speaking the truth.

Upvote 0