Skane
✟4,171.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Now I don't want to make this too deep, but ever since I became a full believer in Jesus I've seen roadblocks being removed, previous ambitions being lifted off me etc. And before I became a believer I could see how the world was turning like something major was being built up to, it's something I've seen for many years. As I see it now from the perspective of a believer is that we are in the the season which has been prophesied, the end of days.

And it's kinda funny to me because it has been a running joke of christians saying we are in the season in like forever...

And it has gotten me to be complacent with where I am at, in terms of building myself a stronger worldly foundation. And that's not good if I'm wrong because there are areas which should be improved. Being OK with where I'am at because the tide will come at this night (very soon) to wash away my sandcastle anyway so I keep my focus on more important things.

I just want some input / advice on this, it is a concern of mine.

Last edited:

TzephanYahu

Sep 9, 2018
Dorset
✟96,000.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi @Michu

I understand your point of view.

On one hand it is good to not be invested in this world, in terms of future plans and possessions etc. But on the other hand it is dangerous to become complacent enitrely and just wait for the end.

This world is not just a training ground but an observatory as well. The things we do and don't do are being monitored and recorded. This will be for our reward or punishment later, as we all must stand before Him for judgement soon.

Therefore, I think you ought to meditate on the Parable of the Ten Talents in Matthew 25:14 and consider its wisdom.

Also, the passage John 17:15-21 came to mind as I read your post. Perhaps something that will resonate with you.

I don't mean to seem as if I am criticising you though. As I can totally empathise with your position and sometimes feel the same way! However, we are here to be lights in the world but, if we get complacent with the wick in our lamp, we will dim greatly and become useless. May it never be.

So let's live as though we will not see His return in our lifetime, and yet hope He will return soon!

Peace

Reactions: Michu
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Now I don't want to make this too deep, but ever since I became a full believer in Jesus I've seen roadblocks being removed, previous ambitions being lifted off me etc. And before I became a believer I could see how the world was turning like something major was being built up to, it's something I've seen for many years. As I see it now from the perspective of a believer is that we are in the the season which has been prophesied, the end of days.

And it's kinda funny to me because it has been a running joke of christians saying we are in the season in like forever...

And it has gotten me to be complacent with where I am at, in terms of building myself a stronger worldly foundation. And that's not good if I'm wrong because there are areas which should be improved. Being OK with where I'am at because the tide will come at this night (very soon) to wash away my sandcastle anyway so I keep my focus on more important things.

I just want some input / advice on this, it is a concern of mine.
Jesus Christ of Nazareth asks us to " stay the course", " do not be decieved ", " love one another", " make disciples ", forgive seventy times seven" and much more. He never said to give up on the motivation to improve one's self. As a matter of fact, complacency involves a sense of pride or contentment with oneself or one's situation. Hope this helps.
Blessings

Reactions: Michu
Upvote 0

Michu

Jan 21, 2024
Skane
✟4,171.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi @Michu

I understand your point of view.

On one hand it is good to not be invested in this world, in terms of future plans and possessions etc. But on the other hand it is dangerous to become complacent enitrely and just wait for the end.

This world is not just a training ground but an observatory as well. The things we do and don't do are being monitored and recorded. This will be for our reward or punishment later, as we all must stand before Him for judgement soon.

Therefore, I think you ought to meditate on the Parable of the Ten Talents in Matthew 25:14 and consider its wisdom.

Also, the passage John 17:15-21 came to mind as I read your post. Perhaps something that will resonate with you.

I don't mean to seem as if I am criticising you though. As I can totally empathise with your position and sometimes feel the same way! However, we are here to be lights in the world but, if we get complacent with the wick in our lamp, we will dim greatly and become useless. May it never be.

So let's live as though we will not see His return in our lifetime, and yet hope He will return soon!

Peace
Hi!

Yes that's why I think my position should be scrutinized.

In some ways I think I should still take the steps to pave out a better future for me, carry on as normal even if we are in the season. But I don't feel very called to do so at this time, like time is short. What do I spend my time on? I end up trusting god that I'm in this position for a reason.

I end up watching and working with other parts of myself and my life. I don't sit here waiting for that day, I don't think that's fair to say but that have switched focus from my worldly future to the eternal. I'm abit torn though and I think I should start to make those steps again untill the day of the lord is here.

Last edited:
Reactions: TzephanYahu
Upvote 0

Michu

Jan 21, 2024
Skane
✟4,171.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus Christ of Nazareth asks us to " stay the course", " do not be decieved ", " love one another", " make disciples ", forgive seventy times seven" and much more. He never said to give up on the motivation to improve one's self. As a matter of fact, complacency involves a sense of pride or contentment with oneself or one's situation. Hope this helps.
Blessings

Uhm english isn't my first language is that how complacency is used? I think of it more as idle / still, in this case not so future oriented. I hope I snap out of it but I do know that the lord puts it more in my heart to study scripture and work with other areas of myself when I'm at places like this.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TzephanYahu

Sep 9, 2018
Dorset
✟96,000.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi!

Yes that's why I think my position should be scrutinized.

In some ways I think I should still take the steps to pave out a better future for me, carry on as normal even if we are in the season. But I don't feel very called to do so at this time, like time is short. What do I spend my time on? I end up trusting god that I'm in this position for a reason.

I end up watching and working with other parts of myself and my life. I don't sit here waiting for that day, I don't think that's fair to say but that have switched focus from my worldly future to the eternal. I'm abit torn though and I think I should start to make those steps again untill the day of the lord is here.

Even if you don't feel called to do anything particular in the world for the world at this time, if we are really in the 11th hour, then the least you can do is serve God with your day to day life, by following His ways and giving Him the due honour and praise. That's not so much paving a future for yourself here but a future for yourself in New Jerusalem.

If time is that short, and i personally don't believe it is but that it will be in the next 50 years, then we shouldn't slow down but speed up if anything. Like running a marathon - if when you see the finish line you slow to a walk because it's so close you lose your position and time ranking.

I guess what I'm saying is to be like Israel on the night of the Passover. The ate it with they loins girded, sandals on and walking staff in hand, ready to go. They weren't like "ah, it's happening any minute and then we have plenty of time". So maybe it is best to have that attitude and keep working day to day and becoming better and helping others, even up until the trumpet blast.

I hope that makes sense.

Upvote 0