Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Simple question: "What sends a person to hell...?"

Comments...?

God Bless!

Having read only the first few posts people are assuming the non-Biblical Hell; if by hell you mean burial place then death is the cause; nothing to do with sin.

Upvote 0

Victory-N-Christ

God:Mighty -N-Power!!
Feb 25, 2017
Ga
✟39,955.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Were all sinners, we all sin and continue to do and stay in sin, (if your going to be honest) in this world there is no escape from it, till Christ comes back...

So, what sins send you to hell and which do not...?
Breaking the ten commandments wilfully and with joy...

Upvote 0

Victory-N-Christ

God:Mighty -N-Power!!
Feb 25, 2017
Ga
✟39,955.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Can we tell how or if others, or we, are found in Christ Jesus...?
You'll know the tree by the fruit it bears. Christians shouldn't do the things unbelievers do. Be ye holy for I am holy:God said that.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟736,252.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't have a bible with me at the moment so I am just going to have to do these quotes from memory. But the bible tells us to beware of the "hardening effect of sin". Paul said that we become "slaves to that which we obey, obedience leading to life, or sin leading to death". Sin has a blinding effect, if we persist in sin it blinds us. We become numb to the truth. God gives every man a "measure of faith", he reaches out to all men with that measure, how we use it determines where we end up. Faith should lead to righteous fruits, if we know the truth, and persist in evil, we are headed for trouble.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Larry Wilgus

Aug 1, 2016
Greensboro, NC
✟9,022.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I do not have one yet, cause I do not know. (that is why I ask)...

Not believing in the Lord Jesus Christ, when you were fully capable and could have done so, and the door was open to you to do so, but you did and do not...

To know the truth but reject it...

Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit... Believing but thinking God and Jesus are evil, or that Jesus is Satan, like the Pharisees...

Holding onto your stubborn pride, when God wanted you to give it up, and gave you many opportunities to give it up, but you did not... (Like the god of such a thing)... Like the Pharisees...

I'll try to think of more...

God Bless!

I've got good news for you! Only the sin of refusing to believe on Jesus for our salvation takes us to hell. Your list isn't Biblically required.

Upvote 0

Larry Wilgus

Aug 1, 2016
Greensboro, NC
✟9,022.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sin sends a person to Hell.

Repentance, faith, and devotion to Christ sends you to Heaven.

Sin doesn't send anyone to hell unless it's the sin of unbelief in Jesus for salvation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Larry Wilgus

Aug 1, 2016
Greensboro, NC
✟9,022.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Were all sinners, we all sin and continue to do and stay in sin, (if your going to be honest) in this world there is no escape from it, till Christ comes back...

So, what sins send you to hell and which do not...?

The sin of unbelief in Jesus for our salvation sends you to hell. All others sins were forgiven at the cross.

Upvote 0

Dartman

May 23, 2017
Washington
✟27,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Unresolved sin? What's that all about when all sin was imputed to Jesus on our behalf.
The Scriptures make it VERY clear, there are conditions placed on forgiveness, it is NOT automatic;

1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness

Matthew 6:14-15 14 For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15 But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses

• Agree
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Larry Wilgus

Aug 1, 2016
Greensboro, NC
✟9,022.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The Scriptures make it VERY clear, there are conditions placed on forgiveness, it is NOT automatic;

1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness

Matthew 6:14-15 14 For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15 But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses

Respectfully, there are NO conditions placed on forgiveness or else we are adopting works above faith. Forgiveness was granted 2,000 yrs. ago on the cross, and by faith in the finished work of Jesus, we accepted His forgiveness for justification.

1 John 1:9 has nothing to do with conditional forgiveness. We have been eternally forgiven through the blood of the Lamb.

Upvote 0

Dartman

May 23, 2017
Washington
✟27,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Respectfully, there are NO conditions placed on forgiveness or else we are adopting works above faith.
1st, Jesus stated we cannot be forgiven, if we don't forgive, not me.
2nd, why do you conclude that puts works ABOVE faith? The Scriptures are clear, BOTH faith AND works are required. Neither is above the other.

Larry Wigus said:
Forgiveness was granted 2,000 yrs. ago on the cross, and by faith in the finished work of Jesus, we accepted His forgiveness for justification.

1 John 1:9 has nothing to do with conditional forgiveness. We have been eternally forgiven through the blood of the Lamb.
The text disagrees with your conclusion.

Upvote 0

Larry Wilgus

Aug 1, 2016
Greensboro, NC
✟9,022.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
1st, Jesus stated we cannot be forgiven, if we don't forgive, not me.
2nd, why do you conclude that puts works ABOVE faith? The Scriptures are clear, BOTH faith AND works are required. Neither is above the other.

The text disagrees with your conclusion.

One of the main reasons confusion reigns in the over-all church is because believers haven't understood scripture in light of the cross. Jesus was born in His humanity under the law. He was responding to those under the Law. Gentiles were never under the Law, and the Old Covenant has been abolished for a New Covenant that in anchored in forgiveness. Works are the result of faith. Faith brings us into the Kingdom of God, and works follow - in that order.

Upvote 0

Larry Wilgus

Aug 1, 2016
Greensboro, NC
✟9,022.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
One of the main reasons confusion reigns in the over-all church is because believers haven't understood scripture in light of the cross. Jesus was born in His humanity under the law. He was responding to those under the Law. Gentiles were never under the Law, and the Old Covenant has been abolished for a New Covenant that in anchored in forgiveness. Works are the result of faith. Faith brings us into the Kingdom of God, and works follow - in that order.

The text in 1 John was written to unbelievers who has infiltrated into the church, then John addresses believers starting in chapter 2. Confession is 1 Jn 1:9 is the Greek word for homologeo which means to acknowledge, concede, or agree with. John was writing to unbelievers who were deceived because they thought they were without sin and walking in darkness. Believers are walking in the light, not darkness.

Upvote 0