Sofia
✟2,999.00
Country
Bulgaria
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sin doesn't send anyone to hell unless it's the sin of unbelief in Jesus for salvation.

You can believe but still remain a sinner. In heaven there is no sinners.

Revelation 21:8: But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
Revelation 2:21: And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not.
Revelation 9:21: Neither repented they of their murders, nor of their sorceries, nor of their fornication, nor of their thefts.
Revelation 14:8: And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.

Upvote 0

Larry Wilgus

Aug 1, 2016
Greensboro, NC
✟9,022.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You can believe but still remain a sinner. In heaven there is no sinners.
Even demons believe but cannot go to heaven.

Revelation 21:7: He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
Revelation 21:8: But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
Revelation 2:21: And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not.
Revelation 9:21: Neither repented they of their murders, nor of their sorceries, nor of their fornication, nor of their thefts.
Revelation 14:8: And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.

All of humanity after Adam & Eve were born into the world flawed because of their transgression. Believers are no longer sinners by nature, and have been transformed by the power of the gospel.

Upvote 0

Dartman

May 23, 2017
Washington
✟27,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One of the main reasons confusion reigns in the over-all church is because believers haven't understood scripture in light of the cross. Jesus was born in His humanity under the law. He was responding to those under the Law. Gentiles were never under the Law, and the Old Covenant has been abolished for a New Covenant that in anchored in forgiveness. Works are the result of faith. Faith brings us into the Kingdom of God, and works follow - in that order.
Yes, Jesus was born under the law, and yes, Jesus is human. No, Jesus was NOT responding according to the law in Matt 6, Jesus was giving NEW commandments, which CREATED the New Covenant you mention.
I agree Faith begets Works.... but Faith without works is dead. If you BELIEVE the gospel, but refuse to do the WORKS commanded by the New Covenant, your Faith is dead.

Upvote 0

Larry Wilgus

Aug 1, 2016
Greensboro, NC
✟9,022.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes, Jesus was born under the law, and yes, Jesus is human. No, Jesus was NOT responding according to the law in Matt 6, Jesus was giving NEW commandments, which CREATED the New Covenant you mention.
I agree Faith begets Works.... but Faith without works is dead. If you BELIEVE the gospel, but refuse to do the WORKS commanded by the New Covenant, your Faith is dead.

I agree with your post, but would use the word 'dormant' rather than dead. Dormant is not actively growing or functioning.

Upvote 0

Larry Wilgus

Aug 1, 2016
Greensboro, NC
✟9,022.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Lying, coveting... Even once, I know...

We all deserve death, but we do not get what we deserve, if were believers in Christ... If were believers in Christ, he trades places with us... he gets what we deserve, and we get what he deserves (or earned by fulfilling and ending the Law Covenant, the Old Covenant)...

So, where does that leave us with sin...? (under the New Covenant)...?
Sin is no longer an issue with God. We are redeemed.

Upvote 0

Larry Wilgus

Aug 1, 2016
Greensboro, NC
✟9,022.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Unresolved sin.
Unresolved sin? Sin is no longer an issue with God. We are redeemed!

The message most people hear says that sin breaks your relationship or fellowship with God. The strictest message says that you lose your salvation (“backslide”) every time you sin, until it’s confessed. Others believe your eternal salvation is still secure, but you lose fellowship, can’t get your prayers answered, or can’t be used of God if you sin. That’s not good news, since all of us sin (Rom. 3:23 and 1 John 1:8).

Christians usually cope by trying to keep every sin confessed. Let me just put this bluntly: That’s impossible! The Bible says that whatever is not of faith is sin (Rom. 14:23). Do we always walk in faith? James 4:17 reveals that sin isn’t only doing things that are wrong, but it’s not doing what we know is right. Would any claim they are loving God and others as they know they should?

By these definitions, we all sin through the weakness of our flesh. It’s impossible to keep every sin confessed. Even if it were possible, that puts the burden of salvation on our backs. There wouldn’t be any peace or rest in our relationship with the Lord if that’s the way it worked (Rom. 5:1).

Upvote 0

Larry Wilgus

Aug 1, 2016
Greensboro, NC
✟9,022.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Everybody has the light of God in them, they only need to seek it.
Respectfully, scripture doesn't teach what you posted. Everyone at birth has been separated from God because of Adam and Eve. No one has the light of God in them - until they are redeemed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Respectfully, scripture doesn't teach what you posted. Everyone at birth has been separated from God because of Adam and Eve. No one has the light of God in them - until they are redeemed.
So whose light is it that lighteth every man that come into the world?

Upvote 0

Dartman

May 23, 2017
Washington
✟27,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree with your post, but would use the word 'dormant' rather than dead. Dormant is not actively growing or functioning.
James 2:17-26 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?

22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?

23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.

24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

25 Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?

26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Upvote 0

Larry Wilgus

Aug 1, 2016
Greensboro, NC
✟9,022.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
James 2:17-26 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?

22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?

23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.

24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

25 Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?

26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Upvote 0

Larry Wilgus

Aug 1, 2016
Greensboro, NC
✟9,022.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That's right! A man is justified horizontally as a witness to friends, neighbors, family, etc. But he is vertically justified by faith before God or else we would have no assurance of salvation.

Ask yourself, what produced the forgiveness of sins and when did that happen? Jesus was the Lamb of God that took away the sins of the world (John 1:29). It was through the shedding of Jesus’ blood that you received redemption, which is the forgiveness of your sins (Eph. 1:7 and Col. 1:14). When anyone believes these scriptures by faith, they are justified before God the Father.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The light of Jesus comes to everyone who receives what He did for us by faith in what the Bible teaches.
John 1:9 is not talking about coming to Jesus. Jesus said, Ye ARE the lights of the world, before he was crucified.

Upvote 0

Larry Wilgus

Aug 1, 2016
Greensboro, NC
✟9,022.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
John 1:9 is not talking about coming to Jesus. Jesus said, Ye ARE the lights of the world, before he was crucified.
John 1:8 "John was not that Light, but he came to be a witness, to speak the truth about the Light." V9 "For the Light of Truth was about to come into the world and shine upon everyone."

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
John 1:8 "John was not that Light, but he came to be a witness, to speak the truth about the Light." V9 "For the Light of Truth was about to come into the world and shine upon everyone."
Ok I understand now, We are using different translations and therefore getting different messages. Good luck to you with the messages you are receiving.

Upvote 0

Dartman

May 23, 2017
Washington
✟27,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is NOT what the gospel teaches! Only the sin of unbelief in Jesus sends anyone to hell.
1st ... EVERYONE goes to hell .... hell is merely the grave.
2nd ... ANY unrepented sin will be unforgiven;
1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Upvote 0