Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I agree for the most part. I think we have to judge the effect of sinful things in the media and address the need to distance ourselves from the wrong things. I think that it is almost impossible to do anything these days that doesn't have someone involved in sinning along the line in some form or fashion like Paul we have to sometimes eat meat sacrificed to idols but it should not corrupt us unless we ourselves are into the same idols.

There is no sinful thing within food. So I don’t consider a movie the same thing as food. Movies impart a form of communication that can be either good or bad. We are told in the Bible that evil communications corrupt good manners (i.e. morals) (1 Corinthians 15:33). In other words, if a person watches movies with profanity in them, they can be influenced to speak the same swear words. If a person watches movies with women with scantily clad clothing and or sex scenes, they can have lustful sexual thoughts. Food really cannot in itself influence you like this in a bad way.

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
There is no sinful thing within food. So I don’t consider a movie the same thing as food. Movies impart a form of communication that can be either good or bad. We are told in the Bible that evil communications corrupt good manners (i.e. morals) (1 Corinthians 15:33). In other words, if a person watches movies with profanity in them, they can be influenced to speak the same swear words. If a person watches movies with women with scantily clad clothing and or sex scenes, they can have lustful sexual thoughts. Food really cannot in itself influence you like this in a bad way.
If you have serious problems with such then do what helps you. I have less issues with media than other things in life they are nothing to me as far as problems. I work often with people who play raunchy music, swear and degrade women constantly and talk endlessly about sex even show me pictures of naked women on their phones to try and shock me as they know I'm not into such things. I don't swear much only a few words that aren't sexually or God related to joke with others I can go for weeks without a swear word easily and don't get bent out of shape when I hear swear words I do tell others I don't have to swear because I have a vocabulary enough to express my feelings a lot more precise but I don't go around preaching not to do this and that because for the most part Christians don't do it and those who aren't Christian will do whatever they want anyway.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If you have serious problems with such then do what helps you. I have less issues with media than other things in life they are nothing to me as far as problems. I work often with people who play raunchy music, swear and degrade women constantly and talk endlessly about sex even show me pictures of naked women on their phones to try and shock me as they know I'm not into such things. I don't swear much only a few words that aren't sexually or God related to joke with others I can go for weeks without a swear word easily and don't get bent out of shape when I hear swear words I do tell others I don't have to swear because I have a vocabulary enough to express my feelings a lot more precise but I don't go around preaching not to do this and that because for the most part Christians don't do it and those who aren't Christian will do whatever they want anyway.

I remember a time when I was at work, and I heard my coworkers swearing continually. They were also taking the Lord's name in vain, as well. It came to a point where I felt sick and I had to leave the room. Why? Because the Lord living within me could not stand their attack upon Him.

The problem with many today is that they have become desensitized to sin. The Bible warned that this was going to happen (Read 2 Timothy 3:1-9).

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
I remember a time when I was at work, and I heard my coworkers swearing continually. They were also taking the Lord's name in vain, as well. It came to a point where I felt sick and I had to leave the room. Why? Because the Lord living within me could not stand their attack upon Him.

The problem with many today is that they have become desensitized to sin. The Bible warned that this was going to happen (Read 2 Timothy 3:1-9).
I don't think that is quite what happened, as the Lord living in you is the Holy Spirit and he has ample power to withstand any attack. I think your spirit was unprepared for the onslaught and got blindsided that is why the Bible talks about putting on the whole armor of God. I think you were attacked by spiritual (demonic) forces as there are some I believe that are just sinful but others that have demons hanging around them egging them on that when they encounter a believer the Holy Spirit in them irritate the Demon and we have to resist the attack. The Bible says to resist and he will flee, it doesn't say we are immune to attack by spiritual forces we have to deal with them and if you are not experienced to getting attacked spiritually you will get caught off guard and feel drained/sick.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don't think that is quite what happened, as the Lord living in you is the Holy Spirit and he has ample power to withstand any attack. I think your spirit was unprepared for the onslaught and got blindsided that is why the Bible talks about putting on the whole armor of God. I think you were attacked by spiritual (demonic) forces as there are some I believe that are just sinful but others that have demons hanging around them egging them on that when they encounter a believer the Holy Spirit in them irritate the Demon and we have to resist the attack. The Bible says to resist and he will flee, it doesn't say we are immune to attack by spiritual forces we have to deal with them and if you are not experienced to getting attacked spiritually you will get caught off guard and feel drained/sick.

I disagree with your assessement on what had happened. I believe it was God who made me to leave the room because of their sin. No person who is abiding in God desires to hang around extremely sinful things or environments without it naturally grieving God. For what fellowship does light have with darkness? God does not approve of those who sin. For every time a person sins, they are sinning against God, and hurting Him. Just look at Genesis 6:5-6. We learn that the greatness of the wickedness of man grieved God's heart.

For example: We are told to flee idolatry (1 Corinthians 10:14). We are told to flee fornication (1 Corinthians 6:18). What other sins do you think God wants us to flee or run from? But you say we can just hang around these sins? I say your thinking is not in line with the Bible.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

It is written:
“Put away from thee a froward mouth, and perverse lips put far from thee.” (Proverbs 4:24).

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
It is written:
“Put away from thee a froward mouth, and perverse lips put far from thee.” (Proverbs 4:24).
I agree that if one can avoid being around people who can't curb their tongue then they should do it but sadly I don't have that option either I put up with it or go homeless as my job required me working around such people at times so I have built up a thicker skin over time such that instead of making me somewhat ill, I just get annoyed and irritated but the ironic thing since I don't overly complain about swearing nor do I tell people to stop a few actually cut back swearing around me voluntarily.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I agree that if one can avoid being around people who can't curb their tongue then they should do it but sadly I don't have that option either I put up with it or go homeless as my job required me working around such people at times so I have built up a thicker skin over time such that instead of making me somewhat ill, I just get annoyed and irritated but the ironic thing since I don't overly complain about swearing nor do I tell people to stop a few actually cut back swearing around me voluntarily.

If it was me, I would pray for God take me out of this situation. Something similar (relating to another sin done by others was being pushed in my face) and I prayed for God to deliver me from such evil and He did. But you got to truly want it. For with God, nothing is impossible.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My Christian DVD Collection:
(Including movie artwork, trailers, and where to buy or rent):

#1. Time Changer:

398456.jpg

You can rent it at Amazon Prime Video:
Amazon.com: Watch Time Changer | Prime Video
This is my all time favorite Christian film.
(Note: Great movie and message, but I do not agree with the director’s view on Calvinism - which is not promoted in any of his films at the time of this writing).

#2. What if.
71Br5rRCICL._SY445_.jpg

You can rent it through Itunes:
‎What If... on iTunes
(Great Christian movie with yet another good biblical message; Unfortunately, I am strongly opposed to the director because of his Chosen series and his fellowship with Mormons).

#3. The Redemption of Henry Myers:
full

You can rent it online at Amazon Prime Video:
Amazon.com: Watch The Redemption of Henry Myers | Prime Video
(Great Christian film; This does not mean I endorse the director or the actors).

#4. Play the Flute:
full

If you want the DVD, it is quicker to get it at ChristianMovies.com. If you are looking to rent and or own the digital version of this film, I would recommend Amazon.com (Amazon Prime Video):
Watch Play The Flute | Prime Video
(Note: One of the best Christian films to get you excited about the Word of God. There is one scene where two characters appear to play act (lie) and this is not rebuked. But it is minor in comparison to the other great biblical messages put forth in this movie. I also do not agree with the director’s belief in Calvinism - which is not promoted in any of his films as of the dating of this writing).

#5. The War Within:
full

Last time I checked, you can watch this for free if you have Amazon Prime:
Watch The War Within | Prime Video

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
#6. Heaven's War:
full

You can rent it at Amazon Prime Video:
Amazon.com: Watch Heaven's War | Prime Video

#7. 77 Chances:
700311.jpg

You can rent this through Christian Cinema:
Watch 77 Chances at Christian Cinema
(Note: Great biblical lessons. Funny. Granted, I do not endorse the one reference made about Star Trek (Which is a worldly TV show, and film series).

#8. Champion:
Champion_01.jpg

You can rent this through Amazon Prime Video:
Amazon.com: Watch Champion | Prime Video
(Note: Great Christian film overall. But I do not endorse the subtle teaching placed at the end that a Christian can be rich).

#9. Breakthrough:
full

You can rent it through Amazon Prime:
https://www.amazon.com/Breakthrough-Roxann-Dawson/dp/B07QMG21JX/

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
#13. The Case for Christ:
full

You can rent this through Amazon Video or Itunes or YouTube:
Amazon.com: Watch The Case for Christ | Prime Video
‎The Case for Christ on iTunes
The Case for Christ on YouTube

#14. Princess Cut.
full

Watch Princess Cut | Prime Video

#15. Christian Mingle:
full

Watch Christian Mingle | Prime Video

#16. The Climb:
full

Note: Trailer is kind of cheesy, but the movie is great.
You can rent this at:
Amazon.com: Watch The Climb | Prime Video
(Note: Good Christian movie. However, this film is created by the Billy Graham ministries. While Billy Graham is no longer alive. I do not endorse Billy Graham ministries because of their teaching on Belief Alone-ism and because they hold to Ecumenism).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟778,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thanks for putting this together, I am definitely going to check out some of these! The Polycarp one looks interesting!

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for putting this together, I am definitely going to check out some of these! The Polycarp one looks interesting!

Polycarp is one of my recent favorites. It shows you what it may have been like for the early church and what they had to go through. It also shows what it might have been like to share in a loving Christian family in those days, as well. I hope you enjoy it. I bought the DVD because it has the making of featurette (Which was really cool).

Play the Flute is also really really good (even though there are two scenes in the film I wished they did differently). I also would highly recommend Time Changer, and the Redemption of Henry Myers, too. Play the Flute is great in that it seeks to really get you excited about God's Word and the importance of it. Time Changer is great because it is funny in a good way, and yet has a great biblical message. Redemption of Henry Myers has the best acting I had ever seen in a Christian film before that teaches Scripture or the Word of God. All the Christian films on my list mentions quotes from the Bible and many of them seek to inspire you to follow the Lord. That to me is a real Christian movie.

Reactions: tampasteve
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Some of the trailers for these Christian films make them look really cheesy, but the movies themselves are really really good. For example: The War Within looks really bad and I almost did not watch it. However, I watched it because the actor “Brett Varvell” did a great job in Play the Flute. So I decided to give it a chance. I am glad I did because the movie is 100 times better than any of the trailers they put out for the film. Yes, some of the guys in the outfits looked cheesy a bit, but that really was the only downside of the film - IMO. The Climb is another one where the trailer is not so great. However, the movie is far better than the trailer. The Climb is not the best Christian film of all time, but it really is good, too. It has good performances, a good production, and a good story (involving God's Word). It's definitely a great witnessing tool (if you turn out that you did not like it by some odd chance). Heaven's War is not perfect but it really has some of the best special effects I had ever seen for the budget of a Christian film. It also has some great biblical messages, as well. While there are a good number of Christian romance films on my list and you may not like romance movies, it could be a good movie date night type thing to share with your spouse. Anyways, most of all these films I can watch again and enjoy them with repeat viewings. Sometimes I just watch certain scenes again from a few select films (like Play the Flute, the War Within, Heaven's War, Redemption of Henry Myers) because they have really good scenes. Note: Heaven's War has some TV type acting at times, but the film is really good overall. Stick with it, and it may surprise you.

• Informative
Reactions: tampasteve
Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟778,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Some of the trailers for these Christian films make them look really cheesy, but the movies themselves are really really good. For example: The War Within looks really bad and I almost did not watch it. However, I watched it because the actor “Brett Varvell” did a great job in Play the Flute. So I decided to give it a chance. I am glad I did because the movie is 100 times better than any of the trailers they put out for the film. Yes, some of the guys in the outfits looked cheesy a bit, but that really was the only downside of the film - IMO. The Climb is another one where the trailer is not so great. However, the movie is far better than the trailer. The Climb is not the best Christian film of all time, but it really is good, too. It has good performances, a good production, and a good story (involving God's Word). It's definitely a great witnessing tool (if you turn out that you did not like it by some odd chance). Heaven's War is not perfect but it really has some of the best special effects I had ever seen for the budget of a Christian film. It also has some great biblical messages, as well. While there are a good number of Christian romance films on my list and you may not like romance movies, it could be a good movie date night type thing to share with your spouse. Anyways, most of all these films I can watch again and enjoy them with repeat viewings. Sometimes I just watch certain scenes again from a few select films (like Play the Flute, the War Within, Heaven's War, Redemption of Henry Myers) because they have really good scenes. Note: Heaven's War has some TV type acting at times, but the film is really good overall. Stick with it, and it may surprise you.
Thanks for the "heads up", I know what you mean about the trailers, sometimes they just don't work. That's a shame, because it turns a lot of people off of the movie before they even see it.

Upvote 0