What kind of people are you attracted to and what kind of people do you attract?

GQ Chris

ooey gooey is for brownies, not Bible teachers
Jan 17, 2005
Golden State
✟45,842.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
You deserve a beer for this thread puffca, or a nice cocktail, sorry if you don't drink. Its GQ Chris way of saying thanks, this is at least pretty creative thread.

Okay, as far as what I like and what I am attracted to.... wow, I gotta go pour another drink, scuse me...

okay, now that I am situated..

*Sigh* I really love women, I have a wide range that I like. But there's got to be certain characteristics that they possess.. I can't pinpoint it.. but I'll attempt to.. they are very self aware, they know what they like and why they like it. They are usually not lame, they have been shaped by some significant event in their life either good or bad.. They are very attractive in the sense that they are authentic, they don't try to fit some cookie cutter image.

As far as physical descriptions they can range from waify blondes, to voluptuous brunettes, pretty much a wide span. Even better if they are moderate imbibers like me who have a creative streak, and definitely a fun loving side, they are usually never uptight.

As far as what I actually attract, pretty much what I described, but I am that kind of guy who, while I am not some kind of pimp mac daddy type who gets many women all the time... I have moments in time where I am comfortably single and minding my own business and then BOOM! I'll meet the gal in the grocery isle or bookstore or coffee shop and a conversation will strike up and I'll win her with my charm. I love when that happens, its like the planets align and reason to be happy, to connect with that special person, even for the moment or time of my life, and somehow we connect, we can share, we can dream, we can embrace, and we can hope and make out, and thats beautiful...

Upvote 0
H

hikingchick77

I'm attracted to guys who are highly intelligent, and have a career they are passionate about and not just a job to pay the bills. I like someone with high morals and Christian values too. Men who are consitent and firm in what they believe, and aren't afraid to say it are nice too. I am not a big man of men who are artsy (musicians, artists, classic literature fans, etc.). Introverts, extroverts...I have liked both types. Finally, I am attracted to men who are good listeners, easy to talk to, take life seriously and aren't always trying to goof around.

I attract men who like the outside package I have, my smile and eyes. Also, I attract blue collar types who are goofy and not really my type. I'm sure they are nice guys, but I like the more preppy types! Too bad preppy guys don't usually look my way.

Upvote 0

welshman

Mar 5, 2008
Wales
✟23,438.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I'm attracted to girls who are caring, down to earth and easy to get on with. Obviously, they would have to be Christian. Ummm...I'd also say someone who can act like a lady, but also is not afraid to have a laugh and has a good sense of humour. Someone who will put others before herself. Must have nice eyes :swoon:and a lovely kind smile (the type that when she does; her whole face lights up) :blush: Ohhh...and any girl that I date who wears a Cardiff City top looks absolutely "smoking" to me :p *Absolutely no "party girls" or wannabe "WAG's" (materialistic girls)*:doh:

Hmmmmmm...I guess when looking back to my ex's; I would have to say I attract nutters :scratch: Not quite sure how that one works out lol I guess you live and learn right?

Upvote 0

SearchingWisdom

Jun 29, 2009
✟15,770.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
I am attracted to people that make me laugh, are gentle, and not controlling. ---(also, I prefer them to be around my age).

The people that are attracted to me are from all walks of life. However, most people that ask me out are generally much older than me and into some type of bodybuilding (armature or competitive).

And, do these two groups overlape with each other?
Do you find you are attracted to the group of people who are usually not attracted to you?

Maybe because I'm such an introvert, I'm attracted to talkative girls;
Smart/wise/intelligent girls attract me too, because they understand me;
I'm also attracted to girls with certain morality levels, because they make me feel to be a better person being with them.

I'm not a charming person, so my other side of experiences are very limited.
However, I find politically liberal people usually like me better than the conservative people do.
Atheists, Mormons and Catholics, although they are different on their owns, they usually like me better than Conservative Christians do.
Black/Colored people like me better than white people do.
Cat people like me better than dog people do.

I don't know how much I truely resemble a cat. I do have a high level of loyalty! :doh: :p

Upvote 0

IamHeather

Christian hippie girl
May 20, 2008
✟8,620.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I tend to be attracted to guys with lots of piercings and tattoos. Cool hair. Good style. I don't tend to be attracted to blondes. These guys do not seem to be attracted to me, probably because I look nothing like them. I think being vegan has a lot to do with who I am attracted to. I also like guys who do nice things for others. For example volunteer work.

The guys who tend to be attracted to me. *sigh* Packer fans. Seriously. The whole stereotype of what a Packer fan guy is like, that's the kind of guy that seems to be attracted to me. Something is very wrong with that.

Upvote 0

Im_A

Legend
May 10, 2004
✟35,359.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
When it comes to the types of body, I have attracted overly skinny, average which may mean either athletic type of body or just someone who is fit, someone who has a little weight to her and overweight. I have dated/been in relations with at least one person from each category. This is one thing I don't complain about because women are beeeautiful :D

Upvote 0

yam

Sep 19, 2006
Unitedstates
✟18,418.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I never attract the people I'm attracted to. I'm attracted to the jock types. I like the fact that they are athletic, keep themselves up, are outgoing, etc. IOW, the complete opposite of myself.

The people I usually attract are either creeps or ugly.
me too which is wired to me. Glad a lot of people are having the same problem. I am not attracted to people who are attracted to me. The ones that i am really attracted to are Athletic and outgoing guys.

Upvote 0

JonMiller

Senior Veteran
Jun 6, 2007
✟23,331.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I think I have several times named off all the girls who have ever liked me.

But anyways, a few people I didn't know well at parties or at the coffee shop. Generally I am/was clueless. If I continued to see them, they would lose interest maybe due to me being clueless.

There were a couple girls who liked me outside of such situations and for longer times. Atheist types I think. Definitely seemed a bit crazy to me... I was happy to be friends but didn't pursue more in one case, and in the other case I was going to ignore the fact that she was a bit crazy once she stopped her long term engagement (The guy wasn't good for her), but when she did, before I made any move (I wouldn't make a move on a girl when she was in the middle of a break up of a long term relationship), some other guy did. Later I realized that we weren't right for eachother (She would haven't been good for me, I wasn't who she was looking for) and that it was a good thing that it ended up the way it did.

I am attracted to a lots of different types of people. Being pretty and talking to me, being lively, having interesting conversations... being goal driven... these are all the sort of people who attract me.

JM

Reactions: Sophrosyne
Upvote 0

white dove

(she's a) maniac
Jan 23, 2004
Out there, livin'
✟49,357.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Thanks! So, what kind of people do you usually attract? :D

I, generally, attract people from a wide-range of personality types, beliefs and interests. I'm actually overjoyed that God has allowed me to be "accessible" to most people in that way. Children are drawn to me, too. I dunno why; when I hear a child screaming at the grocery store, I oftentimes start making "the eyebrows" at the mother, like Really? That's your child? . :p No, but I generally like people, so I guess that makes sense that they can kind of feel my vibe like that. We give off energy that we're totally not even aware of sometimes. When it comes to friendships I've made, some of the personality types I'm used to are shy/introverts and goofy intellectuals. Or a combination.

I think with shy people, they feel comfortable around me because I make it okay. I make it okay to be a goof, to have an idiosyncrasy or two, to enjoy things that other people might not and to admit to being or having all of those things and still be pretty cool. I don't hide from who I am and I make it acceptable for others to be the same way with me, but more importantly, with themselves. The goofy intellectuals, well... that's a horse of another color. The goofiest ones I've had the pleasure of knowing are oftentimes the most deep, introspective and make you say, "Wow, I never really thought of that.." Without fail.

As far as men go, I've said in the past that I kind of attract the weirdos and stalky types. That is true, unfortunately. I've had guys say to me that there is no one out there like me, so sometimes, they're afraid to let go (even if they should), but I keep tellin' 'em, "Believe me, there are plenty out there like me!" The strange ones will gear their eyeballs this way, probably because I'm willing to talk to almost anybody, so they figure if I say something, it must be okay to proceed. I guess I should probably change that... it's just hard for me because I don't like feeling like a jerk. Although sometimes, I really don't care. :sorry:

Yet I must say, I also attract the very men I, myself, am attracted to. I like the tall/strong/"silent" types - the kind of man who is assertive when the situation calls for it, without a hint of ego, but who is also laidback and doesn't let the little things get to him. I like men who don't try to monopolize a conversation. I enjoy being able to bounce things off of him and I like seeing men who are able to relate to other people in social settings, but who can generally keep to himself sometimes. I attract classy men who know how to take care of a lady. Problem is, not many of those sort come across my path, so when I see them, I faint and check-out (emotionally) and start doing the flippy-lip/tongue tie thing. (Hummina-hummina-hummina :sput:) I enjoy flirting on occasion, but don't enjoy flirting with just anyone, so when I find someone that sort of clicks with me that way, WEE!!! I like to have fun and snap-back-and-forth with someone who knows how to hang. Sarcasm always gets me. My entire family and most of my friends are like that, so I kinda leech onto it like stink on a monkey.

I also attract dreamers, loners, soccer players, swimmers, random (random) athletes (what's lacrosse and water polo???), college, white or blue collar men.

The kind of people who aren't attracted to me are overly-conservatives, elitists, ignorant people or fakes. Why? Because I call them out on all of those things and I physically can't tolerate it. As far as men go, I don't attract abusers (thank God), creative, jerkfaces, guys in the band, pro basketball or football players (run across some of those around here) or players in general.

I dunno, is that TMI?

Edit: It's TMI if CF logs you out while you're posting. :holy:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Im_A

Legend
May 10, 2004
✟35,359.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I think I know why I have been more prone to get involved with girls that people would think by their looks, they could never imagine me being with someone that looks like they do.

I prefer women to look like a girl. To be girly. I like the girly attributes of females. The prissiness that women portray. The over abundance they put into their appearance. Even the giddiness.

If I would be only attracted to women like me, I might as well become a homosexual. Plus, finding someone that looks like me is not a huge deal for me in all reality.

Just something I'm wondering and this is one theory.

Upvote 0
S

SpiritualAntiseptic

I, generally, attract people from a wide-range of personality types, beliefs and interests. I'm actually overjoyed that God has allowed me to be "accessible" to most people in that way. Children are drawn to me, too. I dunno why; when I hear a child screaming at the grocery store, I oftentimes start making "the eyebrows" at the mother, like Really? That's your child? . :p No, but I generally like people, so I guess that makes sense that they can kind of feel my vibe like that. We give off energy that we're totally not even aware of sometimes. When it comes to friendships I've made, some of the personality types I'm used to are shy/introverts and goofy intellectuals. Or a combination.

I think with shy people, they feel comfortable around me because I make it okay. I make it okay to be a goof, to have an idiosyncrasy or two, to enjoy things that other people might not and to admit to being or having all of those things and still be pretty cool. I don't hide from who I am and I make it acceptable for others to be the same way with me, but more importantly, with themselves. The goofy intellectuals, well... that's a horse of another color. The goofiest ones I've had the pleasure of knowing are oftentimes the most deep, introspective and make you say, "Wow, I never really thought of that.." Without fail.

As far as men go, I've said in the past that I kind of attract the weirdos and stalky types. That is true, unfortunately. I've had guys say to me that there is no one out there like me, so sometimes, they're afraid to let go (even if they should), but I keep tellin' 'em, "Believe me, there are plenty out there like me!" The strange ones will gear their eyeballs this way, probably because I'm willing to talk to almost anybody, so they figure if I say something, it must be okay to proceed. I guess I should probably change that... it's just hard for me because I don't like feeling like a jerk. Although sometimes, I really don't care. :sorry:

Yet I must say, I also attract the very men I, myself, am attracted to. I like the tall/strong/"silent" types - the kind of man who is assertive when the situation calls for it, without a hint of ego, but who is also laidback and doesn't let the little things get to him. I like men who don't try to monopolize a conversation. I enjoy being able to bounce things off of him and I like seeing men who are able to relate to other people in social settings, but who can generally keep to himself sometimes. I attract classy men who know how to take care of a lady. Problem is, not many of those sort come across my path, so when I see them, I faint and check-out (emotionally) and start doing the flippy-lip/tongue tie thing. (Hummina-hummina-hummina :sput:) I enjoy flirting on occasion, but don't enjoy flirting with just anyone, so when I find someone that sort of clicks with me that way, WEE!!! I like to have fun and snap-back-and-forth with someone who knows how to hang. Sarcasm always gets me. My entire family and most of my friends are like that, so I kinda leech onto it like stink on a monkey.

I also attract dreamers, loners, soccer players, swimmers, random (random) athletes (what's lacrosse and water polo???), college, white or blue collar men.

The kind of people who aren't attracted to me are overly-conservatives, elitists, ignorant people or fakes. Why? Because I call them out on all of those things and I physically can't tolerate it. As far as men go, I don't attract abusers (thank God), creative, jerkfaces, guys in the band, pro basketball or football players (run across some of those around here) or players in general.

I dunno, is that TMI?

Edit: It's TMI if CF logs you out while you're posting. :holy:

You seem to be a very opinioned woman. No wonder you are still single.

:)

Upvote 0

puffca

Veteran
Mar 25, 2007
NY
✟11,080.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
...As far as men go, I've said in the past that I kind of attract the weirdos and stalky types. That is true, unfortunately. I've had guys say to me that there is no one out there like me, so sometimes, they're afraid to let go (even if they should), but I keep tellin' 'em, "Believe me, there are plenty out there like me!" The strange ones will gear their eyeballs this way, probably because I'm willing to talk to almost anybody, so they figure if I say something, it must be okay to proceed. I guess I should probably change that... it's just hard for me because I don't like feeling like a jerk. Although sometimes, I really don't care. :sorry:

LOL, I don't blame him when a man feels drawn to you, but sometimes people need to learn how to let go. :)

Upvote 0

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟382,822.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I suppose I'm attracted to the kind of woman who isn't a "type". As a man who isn't a "type" myself, I tend to attract women who are similar in that regard. This wouldn't be a problem, except it's rare to find such a match in which mutual physical attraction and spiritual/ethical compatibility coexist. There's a lot of variety among us non-type folks. Simply not having a type doesn't quite fulfill all of the requirements of being a true type in and of itself.

Edit: Haha... gotta love posts that are written in the wee hours of the morning! I just posted a more substantial reply.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SearchingWisdom

Jun 29, 2009
✟15,770.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
When it comes to the types of body, I have attracted overly skinny, average which may mean either athletic type of body or just someone who is fit, someone who has a little weight to her and overweight. I have dated/been in relations with at least one person from each category. This is one thing I don't complain about because women are beeeautiful :D

aww!

Upvote 0

SearchingWisdom

Jun 29, 2009
✟15,770.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
I think I have several times named off all the girls who have ever liked me.

But anyways, a few people I didn't know well at parties or at the coffee shop. Generally I am/was clueless. If I continued to see them, they would lose interest maybe due to me being clueless.

There were a couple girls who liked me outside of such situations and for longer times. Atheist types I think. Definitely seemed a bit crazy to me... I was happy to be friends but didn't pursue more in one case, and in the other case I was going to ignore the fact that she was a bit crazy once she stopped her long term engagement (The guy wasn't good for her), but when she did, before I made any move (I wouldn't make a move on a girl when she was in the middle of a break up of a long term relationship), some other guy did. Later I realized that we weren't right for eachother (She would haven't been good for me, I wasn't who she was looking for) and that it was a good thing that it ended up the way it did.

I am attracted to a lots of different types of people. Being pretty and talking to me, being lively, having interesting conversations... being goal driven... these are all the sort of people who attract me.

JM

Poor JM...You were being a nice guy though (sometimes doesn't pay off...I know).

Upvote 0

SearchingWisdom

Jun 29, 2009
✟15,770.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
I think I know why I have been more prone to get involved with girls that people would think by their looks, they could never imagine me being with someone that looks like they do.

I prefer women to look like a girl. To be girly. I like the girly attributes of females. The prissiness that women portray. The over abundance they put into their appearance. Even the giddiness.

If I would be only attracted to women like me, I might as well become a homosexual. Plus, finding someone that looks like me is not a huge deal for me in all reality.

Just something I'm wondering and this is one theory.

LOL...well...I'm off your list. I look like a girl, but don't act like one. ^_^

Upvote 0

Stravinsk

Neo Baroque/Rococo Classical Artist
Mar 4, 2009
Australia
✟9,955.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'm attracted to different women for different reasons. Sometimes a positive attribute, such as high intelligence, stands out, but base reasons are nearly always the same:

- They are feminine:

• they do not act as if there is no difference between the sexes, ie: they do not call me "mate" or pretend to be "one of the boys"
  • they are at least somewhat sensitive and receptive to compliments
  • they have traditional feminine physical attributes, such as long hair
  • they are not pushy, and let me take the initiative
  • they are not loud mouthed, or overly attention seeking, and they do not regularly swear or are otherwise profane.
Other qualities that attract me to a woman:
  • Kindness - it usually shows in their eyes and voice and cannot be faked
  • Someone who loves their family is a big plus
  • Integrity - I want to know that I can have some level of confidence in her judgement and that it is not based on the whim of the moment, manipulation or anything but conviction and reflection on moral standards.
  • The open and frank desire to be loved, cherished, reasurred. It takes some courage to display this and in the right woman can absolutely drive me crazy for her, because I want to give it. If however I need to step over large hurdles to prove it, such as a narcissistic personality or extreme ego-protectiveness then I find it very difficult and a turn off.
Other things:

Some women have a knack for making me feel good about who I am without feeling like I am being manipulated or unduly flattered. I'm almost always attracted to these women given the above.

Some women, because of who they are, have the ability to motivate me to want to be a better man for them, *not because they want me to*, but *because of who they are*. I have found this to be so rare, but it's actually what I prefer.

Upvote 0

SearchingWisdom

Jun 29, 2009
✟15,770.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
For fun... I added comments in orange. :)

I'm attracted to different women for different reasons. Sometimes a positive attribute, such as high intelligence, stands out, but base reasons are nearly always the same:

- They are feminine: Sometimes-I like to dress up

-they do not act as if there is no difference between the sexes, ie: they do not call me "mate" or pretend to be "one of the boys" Not me

-they are at least somewhat sensitive and receptive to compliments That's me

- they have traditional feminine physical attributes, such as long hair That's me

-they are not pushy, and let me take the initiative Not me--I am not pushy, but like to be equal

- they are not loud mouthed, or overly attention seeking, and they do not regularly swear or are otherwise profane. I don't

Other qualities that attract me to a woman:

- Kindness - it usually shows in their eyes and voice and cannot be faked LOL---that's me

-Someone who loves their family is a big plus I love my dad VERY much and my brother *sigh* Even though he beat me up a lot ^_^

-Integrity - I want to know that I can have some level of confidence in her judgement and that it is not based on the whim of the moment, manipulation or anything but conviction and reflection on moral standards. I am confident in who I am...not the best, but not the worst. I base things on my beliefs and love for people

-The open and frank desire to be loved, cherished, reasurred. It takes some courage to display this and in the right woman can absolutely drive me crazy for her, because I want to give it. If however I need to step over large hurdles to prove it, such as a narcissistic personality or extreme ego-protectiveness then I find it very difficult and a turn off. That's close...I am a bit protective

Other things:

Some women have a knack for making me feel good about who I am without feeling like I am being manipulated or unduly flattered. I'm almost always attracted to these women given the above. Don't know you, so not sure.

Some women, because of who they are, have the ability to motivate me to want to be a better man for them, *not because they want me to*, but *because of who they are*. I have found this to be so rare, but it's actually what I prefer. Again, don't know you, but have got compliments by mothers how their sons changed for the better. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Upvote 0