What kind of people are you attracted to and what kind of people do you attract?

cowboysfan1970

Forum Regular
Aug 3, 2008
✟16,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I've been trying to attract hard core redneck women but they just don't seem to be into me. Anybody got any advice?

I hope nobody takes that seriously.

My whole experiences with women have been kind of strange. There haven't been that many women that I felt were attracted to me. At least not ones that made an effort to make it known to me. There might have been some that just either kept quiet about it or I wasn't smart enough to pick up on their clues. When I was in my 20s I seemed to attract older, and usually divorced women. When I got into my 30s it seems to be younger women that are drawn to me. I've never really attracted women around my own age and I have no explaination for that.

The type of woman that I'm usually attracted to is more often than not Italian or Latina, charismatic and outgoing personality, and a good sense of humor. I'm not attracted to women that are dour, judgemental, controlling, or have anal retentive personality traits no matter what they look like.

Upvote 0

GQ Chris

ooey gooey is for brownies, not Bible teachers
Jan 17, 2005
Golden State
✟45,842.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
I've been trying to attract hard core redneck women but they just don't seem to be into me. Anybody got any advice?

try drinkin budweiser, fishin, wrasslin, and maybe hit up the Walmart aisles :D

Upvote 0

SearchingWisdom

Jun 29, 2009
✟15,770.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single

I hope nobody takes that seriously.

My whole experiences with women have been kind of strange. There haven't been that many women that I felt were attracted to me. At least not ones that made an effort to make it known to me. There might have been some that just either kept quiet about it or I wasn't smart enough to pick up on their clues. When I was in my 20s I seemed to attract older, and usually divorced women. When I got into my 30s it seems to be younger women that are drawn to me. I've never really attracted women around my own age and I have no explaination for that.

The type of woman that I'm usually attracted to is more often than not Italian or Latina, charismatic and outgoing personality, and a good sense of humor. I'm not attracted to women that are dour, judgemental, controlling, or have anal retentive personality traits no matter what they look like.

My advice...if you are attracted to a girl...talk to her for a minute. Even about stupid stuff, then say, "hey, want to grab a coffee and just talk?"

It gives her a safe spot to go without any commitment (you just want to talk). She will most likely feel more at ease to do that and if she says "no" ...you are right where you were. But if she says, "yes" you are a little farther. ;) Try it!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟383,849.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The kind of woman that I'm attracted to:

Friendly, intelligent, quirky, fun, and pleasant to be around. Although she is a Christian, she isn't a stereotypical "good girl" or "bad girl". She is sentimental, yet forward-thinking. She enjoys life sports like bicycling and jogging. She likes pets. She appreciates Americana, and has a reverence for nature. The books she reads are rarely on the New York Times bestseller list, and she mostly reads just to satisfy her curiosity or have a laugh. She would much rather live in a way that matches her imagination than keep up with the Joneses. She loves people, but she isn't enamored with interpersonal politics and infighting. She is feminine, but was probably somewhat of a tomboy while growing up.

The kind of woman that's attracted to me:

Women who basically fit the above description, but are either nonbelievers or lapsed Catholics.

Edit: For some reason, I keep editing this post.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
S

SportsJunkie25

I'm attracted to tall, athletic guys, adventurous guys, sporty/active guys, intelligent guys and funny/sarcastic guys. I like guys that are down-to-earth and can joke around.

I seem to attract old, married men (or guys in relationships). For some reason, they love me and I haven't the slightest clue as to why. I'm in my late 20's and most men that approach me are at least in their late 40's...:confused: Also, I seem to attract people who are normal in the beginning but end up jealous/possessive; whether it be potential dates or just girlfriends. Weird.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟126,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Very interesting post puffca.

What kind of people am I attracted to? Generally many kinds of people. Looking back over the years my attractions have been short, tall, overweight, underweight....but if I was to gather the few that really stick in my mind, they had problems. (addictions) and much of this has been changing with some various fasting. Otherwise my interest in character traits are being human, fiscally responsible, able to climb hills for the long haul and Christian (living it out).

and what kind of people do you attract? The bad ones are the controlling types, addicts and alcholics. Otherwise there's nothing that sticks out in my mind or overlaps in most of the mens looks or character qualities. There are good ones, but unfortunately I've not been attracted to them. And marriage could have been a likely option. I think if I could get over my shyness, the ones I'm attracted to (that are good) might overlap with their attractions to me. I get nervous when I see guys who are incredibly attractive and I look the other way.

The best analysis of what I attract is probably seen in my friendships. Girls tend to either be extroverted cheerleader types who are open. Or very very shy and loyal. Also a lot of teachers. Guys tend to be listeners who are loyal and good conversationalist. or their into running. Many of my friends, looking back, have been high academically -- which always amazes me since I'm always making mistakes, or open to ideas and cultures. Which puts a division between some of the friends that are Christian and aren't at times.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

IDDQD

Nov 2, 2005
✟3,613.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
I'm attracted to what I call "genuine" people, people who, what you see is what you get. They don't hide behind a facade, they're themselves, and they're autonomous. As to what kind of people I attract, I attract the same kind of people, not to mention they have the same odd, dry, warped, eccentric, cynical sense of humor like I do. :U

Upvote 0

lostaquarium

Quite flawed
Dec 23, 2008
London
✟20,072.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm attracted to...
The quite type, who speaks openly and honestly, and doesn't pretend to be something he's not. Someone who's comfortable in his own skin, who's not flitting about socially or trying to impress. Someone who is godly but not legalistic, who will help me be a better person.

I attract...
No one, really.

Upvote 0

smacarena

Jul 8, 2009
✟5,801.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
BeardedLady.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Amerikan_Samurai

Fortes Fortuna Juvat
Aug 20, 2009
✟15,198.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
I'm attracted to the reserved, but obviously attractive girl that is not an outgoing socialyte. She does not like tons of attention nor is impressed by it. She's usually very passionate about something, whether its music, or literature, or ministry. She's very feminine and girly.

When I am firing on all cylinders, I usually attract the same. I don't like hugely outgoing socialytes who are in the bar scene every weekend. But nor do I like the extremely closed off girl that will not respond well to some respectful flirting. Dark haired girls with good hair and in reasonable shape (nothing extreme).

Upvote 0