What is your stance against Satanism/Paganism?

What are you views on satanism/paganism?

• I hate Satanism/Paganism and all who pratise it.

• I hate Satanism/Paganism and will persercute those who pratise it.

• I hate Satanism/Paganism and will do my best to eliminate it.

• I hate Satanism/Paganism but not those who pratised it.

• I hate Satanism/Paganism but tolerate it.

• I am neutral to it.

• I am very interested in it.

• I will try to convert paganists/satanists

• I support it.

• That is my religion.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

seebs

God Made Me A Skeptic
Apr 9, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Originally posted by shout2thelord
i beleive in demons - if its not from God then i beleive it come from the enemy (demonic) you may not but i do. Ive seen how it can mess people up.
I dont think its a good idea too get involved with anything from the enemy.

And how do I tell?

Upvote 0

shout2thelord

adopted aussie :)
Oct 11, 2002
crewe, england
Visit site
✟2,215.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
discernment. some people have this gift and we all do to a certain extent. ie. God would not tell you too something against scripture and things like that. anyway bored of arguing. I should have chosen my words more carefully.

Upvote 0

Smilin

Spirit of the Wolf
Jun 18, 2002
Appalachia, The Trail of Tears
Visit site
✟15,906.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
ummm can I interject here? I apologize for like, not reading the whole thread,,,,(you have no idea what I've been through)...

but the whole topic is confusing...why is satanism and paganism lumped together?????

I haven't voted yet....And probably won't.

I guess I'm confused over why these two were put together....????

Help here please.

Upvote 0

WildHeart75

Faithful Servant
Nov 7, 2002
Oklahoma
✟15,531.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
I am more than a little surprised at the poll. It says in the bible "Love your neighbor as you love yourself. God created ALL things good and evil, Satan is only allowed to do what God allows him to do, and like it or not, WE ARE ALL GOD'S CHILDREN!! I do not like satanism itself, it is a bad thing to practice, but I do not hate those who pratice it, besides, who knows there reasons for it, maybe they grew up in a home that taught them that way, Like most of us grew up in a home that teaches Christianity. Maybe they have had alot of heartache in life and this is their way of 'getting back' at God. And lets not forget that everlasting rule "Judge lest you be judged". I do not condone it, but I do not Judge the people who practice it either, you can say I am lukewarm or what have you, but Jesus died an excrutiating death for us all, and He wants us to love one another, not just Christians loving Christians, but EVERYONE! And that is my stance on it.

As far as paganism goes, the same thing, only, for the life of me I cannot understand why people will follow a religion who the creators of that religion used to killed children and dip eggs in their blood "to bring forth a fertile year". Anyone who can follow teachings of those who hurt innocent little babies is really beyond me. People have a natural instinct to question and wonder about God and even defy Him, but when you hurt the innocent little babies, I think that that is too far. Just MY opinion though.

Upvote 0

Rae

Pro-Marriage. All marriage.
Aug 31, 2002
Somewhere out there...
Visit site
✟25,746.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
WH:
only, for the life of me I cannot understand why people will follow a religion who the creators of that religion used to killed children and dip eggs in their blood "to bring forth a fertile year". Anyone who can follow teachings of those who hurt innocent little babies is really beyond me.

Rae:
Apparently you've never read the Old Testament, where God murders babies by the score (e.g. the murders of all the firstborn of the Egyptians).

Oh, but things are different now, you say? Guess what...so do Pagans. We recognize that things are different and we don't follow the immoral teachings of our ancestors any more than you follow those of yours. :)

Upvote 0

Havoc

Celtic Witch
Jul 26, 2002
Realityville
Visit site
✟21,635.00
Faith
Pagan
The same Roman Propagandists who relate the stories Wildheart spoke of also claimed Christians ate babies and drank their blood. If you believe what those writers had to say about Pagans, Wildheart, you certainly must believe what they said about Christians.

Where exactly did you hear that piece Wildheart? Was it a carefully researcehed piece of Paleoanthropology, supported by substantive evidence and academically tested? Or was it simply more Christian rumormongering? Have you taken the time to check your facts or are you simply passing along the same old false witness and slander Christians have used for centuries? Do you think your God will hold you guiltless for false witness just because you heard it from someone else?

Upvote 0

WildHeart75

Faithful Servant
Nov 7, 2002
Oklahoma
✟15,531.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Rae, Yahweh did not malicously murder the egyptian children, He gave pharaoh plenty of chances to let His people go, pharaoh refused time and time again, he knew what would befall him and his people by not listening to Yahwehs commandment. He did not torture the little babies, He took them while they were asleep, no pain felt.

Havoc, it is in the bible, you should pick one up and read it sometime. Oh and I never claimed to be a 'christian', that is just your assumption.

Upvote 0

Havoc

Celtic Witch
Jul 26, 2002
Realityville
Visit site
✟21,635.00
Faith
Pagan
Originally posted by WildHeart75
only, for the life of me I cannot understand why people will follow a religion who the creators of that religion used to killed children and dip eggs in their blood "to bring forth a fertile year". 

Havoc, it is in the bible, you should pick one up and read it sometime. Oh and I never claimed to be a 'christian', that is just your assumption.

I am VERY familiar with the bible thank you, having spent the first 20 years of my life as a fundamentalist Christian and having studies at a Baptist Seminary. I would like to know the passage which describes the ritual you allude to. My KJV seems to make no mention of it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Originally posted by lambslove
How about "Our God died even for those who practice paganism/satanism and wants us to try to reach them even through their hatred of us and Him."

Or

"Even though they practice evil, so did some of us before He saved us, so, knowing that they can be saved, we pray for their hearts to be awkened by the Holy Spirit."

Thanks for posting this, lambslove. It was good to read, and nice to reminded. 

Upvote 0

SerialCoder

Dec 27, 2002
Ohio
Visit site
✟160.00
Faith
Non-Denom
As far as paganism goes, the same thing, only, for the life of me I cannot understand why people will follow a religion who the creators of that religion used to killed children and dip eggs in their blood "to bring forth a fertile year".

Where the heck did that come from?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Originally posted by WildHeart75
Rae, Yahweh did not malicously murder the egyptian children, He gave pharaoh plenty of chances to let His people go, pharaoh refused time and time again, he knew what would befall him and his people by not listening to Yahwehs commandment. He did not torture the little babies, He took them while they were asleep, no pain felt.

1.) Yahweh actively "hardened Pharaoh's heart" so that Pharaoh would refuse to let the people of Israel go. Therefore, we can very easily conclude that Yahweh himself rigged the game so that he would be able to slay the babies.

2.) What evidence is there that the babies killed by Yahweh felt no pain? That's not in my Bible.

Upvote 0
i am tolerant of all religions, whether or not i believe in them. i think that education and research are very important, and if you want to understand what someone believes - ask them! rumors and misunderstandings get started when people who are uninformed make judgements about one another. i happen to think the idea of satanism is kind of dumb, but i don't mind reading about it or talking openly about it. i am really interested in paganism and wicca.

Upvote 0

westwitch

*~*aurorae usque ad crepesculum *~*
Dec 31, 2002
traveling frequently
✟136.00
paganism and satanism are completely unrelated religions. paganism has many branches and there are a few different types of satanism, like lavey's satanism which does not worship a diety at all. i think this thread is perpetuating the myth that the two are somehow related, which they most certainly aren't.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.