What is your stance against Satanism/Paganism?

What are you views on satanism/paganism?

• I hate Satanism/Paganism and all who pratise it.

• I hate Satanism/Paganism and will persercute those who pratise it.

• I hate Satanism/Paganism and will do my best to eliminate it.

• I hate Satanism/Paganism but not those who pratised it.

• I hate Satanism/Paganism but tolerate it.

• I am neutral to it.

• I am very interested in it.

• I will try to convert paganists/satanists

• I support it.

• That is my religion.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Havoc

Celtic Witch
Jul 26, 2002
Realityville
Visit site
✟14,135.00
Faith
Pagan
There seems to be some confusion regarding the use of the word "Pagan"

Paganism is a very broad group. It includes many ancient religions, some reconstructed ones, and some evtirely new ones.

Paganism can be broken into two major groups. Ancient Pagan and NeoPagan. Ancient Pagans are those religions which are extant through an unbroken line from prehistory. These religions are generally aboriginal in nature and include Siberian Shamanism, Australian Aboriginal and Namerican Native spirituality.

NeoPaganism includes both reconstructed and new religions. Reconstructed religions are those which seek to recreate religions lost due to conquest or societal change and include Wicca, Asataru, Druidism, and Stregheria. New religions include Spiritism and New Age.

To describe Gerald Gardner as a "Pagan" is imprecise and leads to confusion. Gardner was a Wiccan, which is Neopagan in nature. He attempted to reconstruct the dead religions of Northern Europe, with argueable results. Wicca is not older than Christianity but some forms of Paganism, ie Siberian Shamanism, are as old as the human species.

Satanism is a sect or offshoot of Christianity and should not be included here. Satanism has little or nothing in common with Paganism and most Satanists will be the first to point that out.

I hope that clears up some of the confusion.

Upvote 0
Sorry I didn't see the other qustion listed there...but I voted to try and eliminate it. How will I do this? Not dedicating my whole life to it or anything...but I will just pray for you all and the rest of non-believers...that God would just help you to know him as the way, the truth, and the light. Because he is!...and just witness to you all whenever I can.

Upvote 0

Havoc

Celtic Witch
Jul 26, 2002
Realityville
Visit site
✟14,135.00
Faith
Pagan
Originally posted by ChristDied4U!
Sorry I didn't see the other qustion listed there...but I voted to try and eliminate it. How will I do this? Not dedicating my whole life to it or anything...but I will just pray for you all and the rest of non-believers...that God would just help you to know him as the way, the truth, and the light. Because he is!...and just witness to you all whenever I can.

Hmmmm.. I wonder if it would be ok with you for us to "eliminate" it the same way.

One of the biggest complaints Fundies have with Witches is that they claim we try to "recruit" people into Witchcraft, yet Christians follow (or are supposed to follow) the "Great Commission"

Upvote 0

Havoc

Celtic Witch
Jul 26, 2002
Realityville
Visit site
✟14,135.00
Faith
Pagan
Originally posted by ChristDied4U!
Sure I would appreciate and accept all prayers somebody would like to give me...but the only prayers heard would be from my God...for he is the only God and there is none other than he. The prayers of a righteous man availeth much!

Well that is your belief, and you are entitled to it. My prayers and spells are effective as well, but I suspect I know your opinion of whom is behind them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

* kittie *

Contributor
Oct 19, 2002
✟24,171.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I hate Satanism/Paganism but not those who pratised it.

i mean, i would love to get rid of it...but honestly, i think that people are called to do different stuff. like that is an awesome calling, but not everyone can just go into that ministry. of course, everyone can do his part by praying and sharing the Gospel, but if you're talking about actually going in and trying to eliminate it, that is an awesome calling.

obviously, i don't hate those that practice it, cuz we're not suppose to.

Upvote 0

Annabel Lee

Beware the Thought Police
Feb 8, 2002
Q'onoS
✟39,227.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
Originally posted by shout2thelord
I hate satanism and paganism and things that arent of God but not the people who pratice them. I dont like them because even tho they are different they are both demonic and not from God.

So, you believe that any non-Christian faith is demonic?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Havoc

Celtic Witch
Jul 26, 2002
Realityville
Visit site
✟14,135.00
Faith
Pagan
I hate satanism and paganism and things that arent of God but not the people who pratice them. I dont like them because even tho they are different they are both demonic and not from God.

Doesn't really answer the question. What is it about Paganism in particular that causes you to hate it? Other than your belief that it is Demonic, which is rather ridiculous since Demons are a judeo/Christian concept. What do Pagans do which causes you to hate Paganism?

Upvote 0

shout2thelord

adopted aussie :)
Oct 11, 2002
crewe, england
Visit site
✟2,215.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
i beleive in demons - if its not from God then i beleive it come from the enemy (demonic) you may not but i do. Ive seen how it can mess people up.
I dont think its a good idea too get involved with anything from the enemy.

Upvote 0

Havoc

Celtic Witch
Jul 26, 2002
Realityville
Visit site
✟14,135.00
Faith
Pagan
i beleive in demons - if its not from God then i beleive it come from the enemy (demonic) you may not but i do. Ive seen how it can mess people up.
I dont think its a good idea too get involved with anything from the enemy.

So you basically label anything that is not specifically of your concept of God as being demonic and therefore bad. Interesting

Are public Schools bad?

Is democracy bad?

Is peanut butter bad?

How about Bugs Bunny? Bad too?

The Smithsonian Institute, a Demonic enterprise?

What about Hospitals, Universities, Museums? Bad? Bad? Bad?

Upvote 0

shout2thelord

adopted aussie :)
Oct 11, 2002
crewe, england
Visit site
✟2,215.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
ok i think i put that in a stupid way. but there was no need to be like that!
i mean things that are against God - from the enemy that take you away from God. God wouldnt be against eduacation or hospitals and even though they are public there could be christians there and universities like the one im at have christian unions.
as far as other religions i would say yes there was amuslim guy who is a christian now who spoke about the spirit of islam now to me that sounds demonic. also they take you away from God. this doesnt me that people of other religions are bad i have many muslim friends. also there was sumthin in Austria lately were Buddhists were talking about releasing several hundered spirits.
that was my point. you dont have to jump down my throat you know. sorry dont know whatsmithsonian is :confused:

bless you

Upvote 0

Havoc

Celtic Witch
Jul 26, 2002
Realityville
Visit site
✟14,135.00
Faith
Pagan
It's an important distinction. It's easy to spout rhetoric like "anything not of God is of Satan" but in a debate that won't cut it.

Well then Paganism isn't bad since it's not against your God. Pagan religions have their own Gods and Goddesses and so your view of the Divine is irrelevant to them. Pagan Religions don't take people away from your God since those people obviously were looking for a different path and chose it of their own free will.

So in the final analysis Paganism isn't bad, it's just a set of different religions.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.