What is your stance against Satanism/Paganism?

What are you views on satanism/paganism?

• I hate Satanism/Paganism and all who pratise it.

• I hate Satanism/Paganism and will persercute those who pratise it.

• I hate Satanism/Paganism and will do my best to eliminate it.

• I hate Satanism/Paganism but not those who pratised it.

• I hate Satanism/Paganism but tolerate it.

• I am neutral to it.

• I am very interested in it.

• I will try to convert paganists/satanists

• I support it.

• That is my religion.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hishandmaiden

The Humble Servant
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2002
Singapore
✟35,969.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am posting this poll for a personal reason. When I was younger, I was very keen on things of demonic nature and this led me to search about demons, and I in turn, found numerous websites which teaches people to worship Satan, and hate Christ.
Even now, such websites are on the rise. Furthermore, I learnt that US tolerate Satanism as a religion. So, what are your stances on that? What will you do, if you accidentally came across such websites?

ZiSunka

It means 'yellow dog'
Jan 16, 2002
✟38,767.00
Faith
Christian
How about "Our God died even for those who practice paganism/satanism and wants us to try to reach them even through their hatred of us and Him."

Or

"Even though they practice evil, so did some of us before He saved us, so, knowing that they can be saved, we pray for their hearts to be awkened by the Holy Spirit."

Reactions: Isaiah 53
Upvote 0

Susan

退屈させた1 つ (bored one)
Feb 16, 2002
El Cajon, California, USA
Visit site
✟15,012.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
What will you do, if you accidentally came across such websites?

As for now, I would back out as quickly as possible and delete my files and cookies to keep the computer from becoming possessed by a demon (I heard that can happen and I certainly don't want it to). Maybe I would even sit my Bible on top of it for a while.

-^.^-

In the future when I know a lot more about programming, I will probably be highly tempted to do the same thing to Satanic sites that I want to do to hentai and yaoi sites. . .hack into them and make them inoperable for a little while. . . :rolleyes: -^.^-

Upvote 0

Gerry

Jesus Paid It All
May 1, 2002
Visit site
✟14,307.00
Originally posted by lambslove
How about "Our God died even for those who practice paganism/satanism and wants us to try to reach them even through their hatred of us and Him."

Or

"Even though they practice evil, so did some of us before He saved us, so, knowing that they can be saved, we pray for their hearts to be awkened by the Holy Spirit."

Outstanding! The proper Christian response. Well said LambsLove!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
okay, since the majority of you are apparently ignorant of Both paganism AND satanism, let me give you a bit of enlightenment.

Let us first start with Satanism.
It's an INVERSION of CHRISTIANITY.
Satanists believe in good and evil battling. Believing the views of christianity, they 'worship' the devil in the sense that it is to rebel against the church. They do not sacrifice humans or animals. They believe that the physical and mental pleasures come before following church law. They are the ones who had taken the church and flipped it upside down, as well as taking the ancient pagan penticle and flipping it over. This of course is highly disrespectful to you AND to us (pagans). You may also have seen names of deities, whether ours(pagans) or yours spelt backwards. Again I find this act offensive.

Now a bit about pagans. It is the OLDEST RELIGION. We do not accept any of the christian world views, therefor making it impossible to worship the Judeo-Christian devil. Our male pagans are not refered to as 'warlocks'. This is derogatory as it translates roughlly into the scottish word for traiter. (warlock works for a male satanist though. many accept this title). Christ is seen as a prophet with us, and a mighty good one at that. but nothing more than that. We do not sepparate our deities into good and evil. They are both, just like humankind and this is where we get our personalities. We have male and female deitiy. We see it sort of silly to have only a male deity, OR only a female deity. How would life have erupted? We also hold nature as sacred, and not just breathtaking. All life is given by the blessed union of our god and goddess. We believe that pleasurable spiritual and physical things are nessisary to a certain extent in regards to certain things.

I hope dearly that I have enlightened you the the differences between the pagan religion in general, and the inversion of christianity known as Satanism

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rae

Pro-Marriage. All marriage.
Aug 31, 2002
Somewhere out there...
Visit site
✟25,746.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Paganism is not the oldest religion. That is a myth concocted by some Pagans to try to give it credence with Christians. :) And yes, I am a Pagan. NeoPaganism, the only Paganism practiced nowadays, was started up by Gerald Gardner in the 1950s. Sure, it uses ideas and God/dess(es) older than the time when Jesus is said to have existed, but that's about it.

Upvote 0
what the hell are you talking about Rae. Paganism IS the oldest religion. They have found cave paintings in caves from tens of thousands of years ago. Neo-Paganism is more than likely the only form left of it (Unless some families managed to secretly pass it down generation to generation, which I would be suprised)
Gerald Gardner's religion is not the only form of paganism around. There is the druids, the shamans (of various types), voodism, Odinists, etc, etc, etc,
Whoever told you that the only religion was by gardner is sure pulling the wool over your eyes

as for lambslove. well, according to christianity (which ironically takes practically everything including holidays ex christmas, may day, easter, halloween, st bridets day/ground hog day, valentines day, ah, ive probably missed some. then there is the death and reserection of your god after three days, christmas trees, easter eggs, wreaths, blessed christian candles, may pole, easter bunny, jack o lantern, yule log (obviously), mistletoe tradition, baskets (easter),cornicopia, The virgin mary, St brigdet herself, the trinity. After all that said, where was I? Oh yeah, according to christianity it DOES say that any body else under the sun is doing evil if they do not worship the "one TRUE way" of christianity. I personally think that is quite sad that many christians are willing to condemn a religion that they, pretty much, built off of paganism. Pagans occording to nature do not do evil, but instead do what it takes to keep the natural laws running as smoothly as they can. If you would like I could find about 150 sites, (not all pagan either), supporting what I just told you lambslove

Reactions: Krysia
Upvote 0

Rae

Pro-Marriage. All marriage.
Aug 31, 2002
Somewhere out there...
Visit site
✟25,746.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Modern day Paganism resembles its original about as much as Buddhism today resembles its original. A Hellene Pagan from the Roman Empire would not recognize Hellene Paganism today. That is the truth, Mid, and I am amazed you believe otherwise. That's what I'm talking about, the fact that numerous modern day Pagans claim to have the "oldest religion" when, in fact, their religion is as modern as Christianity is.

How many practicing Pagans were there before Gardner? Maybe 1000 worldwide, and most of them simply adopted Gardner's faith as being their own fam trad. I'd say you're pretty woolly there, yourself, Mid.

Upvote 0
I DONT believe other wise. I know that it has unfortunately changed, I am not saying that. I believe that it is a bit foolish to think that one person created all of the "neo" pagan religions. I HAVE been quite aware of the 'evolution' of paganism, for years. See, you dont understand where I am coming at either.
We have the same basic beliefs of our ancestors, but we dont have the information to worship like THEY do. Things evolve. I dont deny that, NOR do I deny that the paganism worshiped today is the same as it was 4 thousand years ago. But it IS paganism, and paganism was the first religion. If it was something different they would call it something different. The basics are still there, same as the old ways. Thats the difference.

Ah so you admit that gerald gardner is not the one and only. Thank you for agreeing with one of my points.
I following the old ways as much as I can, (which is hard because there is not that much info)
For example, that "do what thou wilt, as it harm none". It's neo pagan.
I wont hesitate to blast out a nasty curse if I feel someone deserves it (like that f#cking [wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth] that tried stealing my wife about 9 months ago), but I also wont hesitate to bless someone. I am not saying that I would curse someone who cut me off in traffic of course. And some of the simple things in paganism are illigal, deadly nightshade. You know, things like that..... tsk.....tsk......

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.