What is "true" Islam?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebia

Senior Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
A very long way away. Sometimes even further.
✟54,775.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
If you ask me, ‘Are there moderate Muslims?’ I will answer yes of course there are. But that is not really the proper question to be asking. The real question to raise here is this: ‘Is Islam moderate or peaceful?’ The answer to that question is a resounding no.

This political ideology – for that is what it really is – began with the sword, has been spread by the sword, and stays in power by the sword. Muhammad is of course the ideal example of the use of terror, violence, murder, beheadings and warfare.

His life is not only full of such jihadist terror, but this is all fully approved of in the Koran, the hadith, and the history of Islam. This is a religion of blood – built on blood, sustained by blood, and propagated by blood. Those are the simple and plain facts of history. :wave:
The facts of history are never plain and simple, except when cherry picked.

Upvote 0

Episaw

Always learning
Nov 12, 2010
Drouin, Victoria, Australia
✟38,829.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
There has been an alarming number of attacks against Christians in Africa in recent months. Several incidences highlight the growing levels of persecution faced by the church in the region, and shows once again why so many African nations have risen in their rankings on the World Watch List of persecuted nations in 2013. In northern Cameroon two Christian converts known as Abdoulaye and Abakachi were shot dead when a group of Islamists opened fire on them as they walked home after attending a three-day church seminar. They had previously been subjected to death threats.

Abdoulaye's father had declared him a "traitor" for leaving Islam. Abdoulaye leaves behind a wife and 13 children - Abakachi a wife and four children. Violence also erupted in Tanzania after a non-Muslim butcher prepared meat for a funeral. Protestors took out their anger on the Assemblies of God Church, killing Pastor Kachili. Two armed men on a motorcycle also shot dead Father Evaristus Mushi as he was on his way to lead a church service on the island of Zanzibar. Two days later, arsonists set fire to the Evangelical Church of Siloam. The incidents are the latest in a string of attacks against church leaders across the country.

Upvote 0

ebia

Senior Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
✟54,775.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
There has been an alarming number of attacks against Christians in Africa in recent months. Several incidences highlight the growing levels of persecution faced by the church in the region, and shows once again why so many African nations have risen in their rankings on the World Watch List of persecuted nations in 2013. In northern Cameroon two Christian converts known as Abdoulaye and Abakachi were shot dead when a group of Islamists opened fire on them as they walked home after attending a three-day church seminar. They had previously been subjected to death threats.

Abdoulaye's father had declared him a "traitor" for leaving Islam. Abdoulaye leaves behind a wife and 13 children - Abakachi a wife and four children. Violence also erupted in Tanzania after a non-Muslim butcher prepared meat for a funeral. Protestors took out their anger on the Assemblies of God Church, killing Pastor Kachili. Two armed men on a motorcycle also shot dead Father Evaristus Mushi as he was on his way to lead a church service on the island of Zanzibar. Two days later, arsonists set fire to the Evangelical Church of Siloam. The incidents are the latest in a string of attacks against church leaders across the country.
When you cut n paste from somewhere you are supposed to attribute your source.

Upvote 0

ebia

Senior Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
✟54,775.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
... the World Watch List ...

I hoped an organisation calling itself "Open Doors Australia", and talking about persecution, might be campaigning for Australia to open doors to persecuted people, and be condeming Australia's persecution of the persecuted seeking sanctuary here and complicity with persecuting government's like Sri Lanka.

But it seems not.

Upvote 0

Niblo

Muslim
Supporter
Dec 23, 2014
Wales.
✟221,145.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
One advantage of being old and decrepit is that whenever I am asked to carry out some task around the house - a task I really don’t want to do - I can always get out of it by waiting until the deadline has passed and then, when asked why I didn’t do it, slapping my forehead and saying, in a low and contrite manner: ‘Oh dear, so sorry darling, I completely forgot!’

‘Ahh,’ they reply. ‘Poor old dad. He’s loosing it you know.’ Then they finish the task themselves, while I sit in front of the fire with a mug of sweet milky cocoa and a digestive biscuit (chocolate, of course).

A disadvantage of being me is that I often introduce into forum debates comments that have no relevance whatsoever to the matter at hand.

In common with all Benedictine Houses the Cistercian Abbey of Mount Saint Bernard - Leicestershire - operates a Rule of Silence (not a vow, as most people believe). Every Easter the Novice Master there allows one novice to make a brief comment on life at the abbey. One year, Brother Matthew said: ‘I love it here. The brothers are great; the work is great, and the community spirit is great. But as for the food. It’s disgusting.’

Next year, it was Brother Mark’s turn: ‘I agree that the brothers are great, and that the work and community spirit are great. However, unlike Brother Matthew, I think the food is terrific!’

On the third year it was the turn of Brother Luke: ‘I share with my two brothers a love for the community and what it stands for.’ he said. ‘But what really depresses me is this constant bickering over the food.’

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Episaw

Always learning
Nov 12, 2010
✟38,829.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
My new book is entitled Hatred: Islam's War on Christianity. The day before it was published a soldier in my country of Canada was run down and killed by a convert to Islam who had wanted to travel to Syria to murder infidels but decided after the security services confiscated his passport to commit the crime closer to home.

The day after my book was published another soldier, standing guard by the war memorial in Ottawa with an unloaded gun, was also killed by a convert to Islam who had wanted to conduct slaughter in Syria.

From the bottom of my heart I wish the book was not so timely. But as grotesque as these crimes were, they are mere daily and sometimes hourly occurrences in countries where Muslims form a majority and Christians the minority. In Egypt, Pakistan, post-Saddam Iraq, Sudan, Iran, Saudi Arabia, northern Nigeria, even Indonesia and Turkey, Christians are never treated equally and are often persecuted, beaten, raped, forcibly converted, arrested, killed.

Source: Michael Coren.

Upvote 0

Episaw

Always learning
Nov 12, 2010
✟38,829.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
THE TRUE FACE OF ISLAM.

The slaughter has been repeated and replicated times beyond counting, in Syria and elsewhere. Much of the book is, sadly, a chronicle of the attacks and such is the regularity of the violence in Syria, Nigeria, Pakistan, Iraq and Egypt in particular that sometimes the mind begins to numb and even the senses take on a coat of mud. But that must not, must not, cannot happen.

My father’s family were east European Jews and I feel qualified to say that what is happening to Christians in the Muslim world today may not be the same as but is in the same realm as the Holocaust. If we are not careful, large regions of the world will become “Christian-free”, and the faith a mere museum memory. Time has long gone to do nothing; act now or forever hang your head in shame.

Source: Michael Coren.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Episaw

Always learning
Nov 12, 2010
✟38,829.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Four of every five acts of religious discrimination in the world today are directed against Christians, according to the Germany-based International Society for Human Rights. The secular US think tank the Pew Forum says Christians face harassment or oppression in 139 nations, nearly three-quarters of all the countries on earth.

It is not just Muslims, who themselves often face horrendous persecution, who attack Christians. In the Indian state of Orissa, Hindu nationalists attacked Christians in a vicious pogrom in 2008, killing 500, injuring thousands with machetes, and leaving 50,000 homeless. A nun was raped and paraded naked through the streets, watched by police who arrested no one.

In Burma, Bhutan, Nepal and Sri Lanka, Buddhist militants have murdered Christians, Muslims and Hindus. In 2010 the Burmese military attacked Christian minorities from helicopters, reportedly killing thousands.

Source: Barney Zwartz: The Age.

Upvote 0

ebia

Senior Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
✟54,775.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
Four of every five acts of religious discrimination in the world today are directed against Christians, according to the Germany-based International Society for Human Rights.
Perhaps you can provide a link to this report, because this quote and similar ones appear all over the Internet, but there is no trace of the report they are supposedly from on the website of the organisation itself. This has already been pointed out.

The secular US think tank the Pew Forum says Christians face harassment or oppression in 139 nations, nearly three-quarters of all the countries on earth.
It's not clear which pew forum report he is referencing. The 2014 report lists number of countries christians are harassed in as 110. The number for muslims at 109. Only one less - quite surprising giving there are a lot more christians im the world and they are more widely spread.
Interesting, Jews - a massively smaller group much less widely spread than either - are harassed in 71.

Not exactly major support for your contention.

Upvote 0

Episaw

Always learning
Nov 12, 2010
✟38,829.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
AFRICAN COUNTRIES MAKE SURGE ON 2013 WORLD WATCH LIST

Persecution of Christians in Africa increased in 2012, according to the Open Doors 2013 World Watch List of the 50 countries where Christians face the most severe persecution. The number of African countries sharply increased due to the increasing influence of Islamist extremists. Mali is a newcomer on the list in No 7 position. Tanzania (24), Kenya (40), Uganda (47) and Niger (50) also moved onto the 2013 World Watch List, while Ethiopia rose strongly from 38 to 15. In addition, the small African country of Eritrea (10) made the Top 10 for the first time, and Libya climbed from Number 26 to 17.

However, North Korea still holds the Number 1 position when it comes to persecution of Christians, now for the 11th consecutive year. Simply possessing a Bible can be a reason for a Christian to be executed or sent to a prison camp along with three generations of his or her family. It is believed that between 50,000 and 70,000 Christians suffer in horrific prison camps. The intense persecution has continued under new leader Kim Jong-Un - as a consequence, the number of defectors to China greatly decreased in 2012 and an estimated half of those who try to defect do not make it.

The remaining Top 10 on the 2013 World Watch List consists of eight countries where Islam poses the largest threat for Christians. They are Saudi Arabia (2), Afghanistan (3), Iraq (4), Somalia (5), Maldives (6), Mali (7), Iran (8) and Yemen (9). Fundamentalist variations of Islam are rapidly gaining influence on the African continent. This was due to focused attacks, such as from Boko Haram in Nigeria (13) and the increasing influence of Islam through infiltration in different social and economic areas. Open Doors said that radical Islamic groups are patiently waiting for the right time to show their power."

Source: Open Doors

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Episaw

Always learning
Nov 12, 2010
✟38,829.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
According to the biography of Prophet Muhammad by Ibn Ishaq, Prophet Muhammad himself sanctioned the massacre of the Qurayza, a vanquished Jewish tribe mercilessly. Thus some 600 to 900 men from the Qurayza were lead on Muhammad’s order to the Market of Medina. Trenches were dug and the men were beheaded, and their decapitated corpses buried in the trenches while Muhammad watched in attendance. Women and children were sold into slavery, a number of them being distributed as gifts among Muhammad’s companions, and Muhammad chose one of the Qurayza women (Rayhana) for himself. The Qurayza’s property and other possessions (including weapons) were also divided up as additional "booty" among the Muslims, to support further jihad campaigns.

The classical Muslim jurist al-Mawardi (a Shafi’ite jurist, d. 1058) from Baghdad was a seminal, prolific scholar who lived during the so-called Islamic "Golden Age" of the Abbasid-Baghdadian Caliphate. He wrote the following, based on widely accepted interpretations of the Qur'an and Sunna (i.e., the recorded words and deeds of Muhammad), regarding infidel prisoners of jihad campaigns:

“As for the captives, the amir [ruler] has the choice of taking the most beneficial action of four possibilities: the first to put them to death by cutting their necks; the second, to enslave them and apply the laws of slavery regarding their sale and manumission; the third, to ransom them in exchange for goods or prisoners; and fourth, to show favor to them and pardon them. Indeed such odious “rules” were iterated by all four classical schools of Islamic jurisprudence, across the vast Muslim empire

Upvote 0

MorkandMindy

Andrew Yang's Forward Party
Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
New Mexico
✟220,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Are you interested in what the Christians were doing at the same time?

Richard the Lionheart amazed Saladin by massacring 3,000 prisoners on the hill called Ayyadieh. There was a lot of violence on both sides in the battle for Acre (Christians attacking Muslims), but Richard took it step further.

Or Christians against Christians as in the massacre of the Cathars.

Going back in time most of the Christians martyred in the years around 400 AD were killed by other Christians, and even more embarrassing mostly our side killing others we by then regarded as heretics - whether they were heretics or actually on a previous version of Christianity is an interesting question.

I was in Oxford where a Muslim group were proselytising and fifty feet North of them an Evangelical Anglican group was doing the same. Both were preaching the same message of declining morality but the Christians failed to notice that their message of love and peace which occasionally mentioned was a bit problematic because they were 200 feet from where their church had supported the burning of the (Christian) martyrs Cranmer, Ridley and Latimer, burnt alive of course.

I think to make any sense of this topic it would be necessary to take a more evenly balanced approach and to invest more time in research.

Upvote 0

Niblo

Muslim
Supporter
Dec 23, 2014
Wales.
✟221,145.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
Are you interested in what the Christians were doing at the same time?

Richard the Lionheart amazed Saladin by massacring 3,000 prisoners on the hill called Ayyadieh. There was a lot of violence on both sides in the battle for Acre (Christians attacking Muslims), but Richard took it step further.

Or Christians against Christians as in the massacre of the Cathars.

Going back in time most of the Christians martyred in the years around 400 AD were killed by other Christians, and even more embarrassing mostly our side killing others we by then regarded as heretics - whether they were heretics or actually on a previous version of Christianity is an interesting question.

I was in Oxford where a Muslim group were proselytising and fifty feet North of them an Evangelical Anglican group was doing the same. Both were preaching the same message of declining morality but the Christians failed to notice that their message of love and peace which occasionally mentioned was a bit problematic because they were 200 feet from where their church had supported the burning of the (Christian) martyrs Cranmer, Ridley and Latimer, burnt alive of course.

I think to make any sense of this topic it would be necessary to take a more evenly balanced approach and to invest more time in research.

Very well said.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.