Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Tell you what, Gary my man, we seem to be talking about the same or similar things on several different threads. Let's consolidate them all over here:

Fine with me. It's a lot easier than keeping track of several threads.

Reactions: Leaf473
Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟660,747.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I won't waste my time on someone like you, who does not even try.
Ditto!!

The fact is that the Sabbath was given to only one nation of people on this Earth. Ther Bible does not mention Adam or Eve resting with God after creation. It is never mentioned in scripture until after the Israelites crossed the Red Sea. To all of you who believe there were people keeping Sabbath before the Israelites why didn't God or Moses stop on every 7th day during the exodus to rest and worship. Was not God able to protect the Israelites from any harm during their flight,

It is preposterous to believe there was Sabbath observance before it was started after crossing the Red Sea. It is preposterous to believe God has ever demanded Gentiles observe any day. The new covenant writing in Hebrews tells us not to forsake assembling ourselves together. Nowhere does it specify a special day. I cannot understand why some people allow some woman with a severe head injury to tell us differently.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟96,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Ditto!!

The fact is that the Sabbath was given to only one nation of people on this Earth. Ther Bible does not mention Adam or Eve resting with God after creation. It is never mentioned in scripture until after the Israelites crossed the Red Sea. To all of you who believe there were people keeping Sabbath before the Israelites why didn't God or Moses stop on every 7th day during the exodus to rest and worship. Was not God able to protect the Israelites from any harm during their flight,

It is preposterous to believe there was Sabbath observance before it was started after crossing the Red Sea. It is preposterous to believe God has ever demanded Gentiles observe any day. The new covenant writing in Hebrews tells us not to forsake assembling ourselves together. Nowhere does it specify a special day. I cannot understand why some people allow some woman with a severe head injury to tell us differently.
No, but the Sabbath was mentioned before the 10 commandments were given on Sinai.

Upvote 0

Adventist Heretic

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2006
Parts Unknown
✟345,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Ditto!!

Not even trying

Upvote 0