Houston
✟10,000.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was shown that the Greek was idiomatic and the way it could be used as shown. Obviously, we are not living in the Millennium as Joel was prophesying. Peter was trying to give the Jews a point of reference from the Torah to show it was how God could operate, and will some day.

Here is the pastor-scholar you gave that rendering from the Greek meanings.
R. B. Thieme, Jr., Bible Ministries | HomeR. B. Thieme, Jr., Bible Ministries | Home
Ok, I am a practicing amateur in languages, so I try not to rely on them.

Are you saying there are members of the body of Christ unto the end, who will not reign with Him after the 1st resurrection?

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Ok, I am a practicing amateur in languages, so I try not to rely on them.

Are you saying there are members of the body of Christ unto the end, who will not reign with Him after the 1st resurrection?
Only those who mature will be allowed to reign with Him during the Millennium.

What we see with some who hate to square with logic and what is being said in Scripture, who cling to how they strongly feel about a matter instead? These people, if allowed to reign with Christ? Would end up murdering people on earth with just a thought. For if they can not be trusted now with handling the Word of God? They could not be trusted with the power and authority that will be granted to those whom God approves of. Promoting false doctrine is symptomatic of a much deeper problem with one's soul that just the inability to concentrate. Concentration should improve the more one becomes familiar with sound doctrinal thinking. Where you going to find it? Jesus warned that only a few will.

To the one who is victorious and does my will to the end, I will
give authority over the nations— that one ‘will rule them with
an iron scepter and will dash them to pieces like pottery’—
just as I have received authority from my Father."
Rev 2:26-27​

Jesus warned that if one harbors within a malicious anger towards his brother, that in God's eyes, that angry person has murdered his brother! For in the future after the resurrection how we think and feel will contain power for their fulfillment. We will have become more like God in our new life. But, must limit some.

God can not trust the soul of the many deceivers we find inundating so may Christian and Bible forums these days, and He will withhold (deny them as they denied Him) of rewards and honor. For if they deny Him now by denying what the Word states by means of its context? Their willful distortions after being shown corrections indicates that they can not be trusted with the eternal rewards God wants to grant us. Rewards so we can walk in deeper identification and union with the Lord of Life.

The Word of God is serious business. Not some competitive chess board game as some here like to see it as. To please God? They must grow up and stop living in the competitive spirit just to win an argument. Winning for their team's side. They seek the approval of like minded souls when they do that. They do not seek God's approval who may require us to be rejected by men at times while standing alone on what has become revealed truth.

That is why Calvinists and Armenians might be viewed like human football teams, not as thinkers seeking a peaceful resolve with integrity after their inconsistencies are trotted out before them. The Word exposes them. But, some minds get locked down and the guns come out of their turrets using Scripture as a death trap.

Other than that?

grace and peace .........

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Thuycidides

Jun 8, 2021
Houston
✟10,000.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just to clarify a few details, please.

His body became transformed and glorified when he returned. And, when he came down the first time the way he pre-existed as the Lord God of Israel was without any need for a physical body. His two natures were Deity and Soul - no body.

Here is The Lord being shown with two natures in the Torah.
'You will eat the old supply and clear out the old because of the
new. Moreover, I will make My dwelling among you, and My soul
will not reject you.'I will also walk among you and be your God,
and you shall be My people."
Lev 26:10-12​

And they began to remove the foreign gods from their midst and to
serve Jehovah, so that his soul became impatient because of the
trouble of Israel.
Jdges 10:16​

Jehovah himself examines the righteous one as well as the wicked
one, and anyone loving violence his soul certainly hates."
Ps 11:5​

Man in his essence is soul. God is not soul.

The essence of God is 'spirit.'

Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers
will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the
kind of worshipers the Father seeks. God is spirit, and his
worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”
Jn 4:23-24​

The incarnation was manifested when the Lord God having been both full deity and fully soul in his function denied himself to his rightful full powers of full Deity, and by means of his soul of Jehovah entered the body provided for him by means of the virgin birth of Mary.

Mary's ovum was free of the sin nature. Its the male sperm that passes on the sin nature. Therefore, the Holy Spirit supplied the needed *perfect* genetic material to fertilize the Ovum of Mary as promised in Genesis 3:15.

That's a lot on your plate?

:angel: Would you like a "doggy bag," sir?
So the Word in heaven: the LORD Jehovah, was Deity and soul. While God is the Father is Spirit and not soul?

Upvote 0

Thuycidides

Jun 8, 2021
Houston
✟10,000.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I see, so its not just Peter, but you also believe James fumbled too.

Alright, thanks for clarifying.
And don't forget Paul who erred by forbidding believers to have anything to do with any fornicator on the planet, until the Lord corrected him, and commanded that only those open fornicators known as brother are to ostracized.

The Jewish seed died hard with the beginning church. Paul was trying to pass on the Jewish notion of unclean Gentiles, which God had to correct Peter from to send him to Cornelius.

It's simple. There's a reason why the angel in heaven forbid John worshipping anyone but God. We are to not make idols of anyone, no matter how great in our eyes, and the apostles would be the first to rebuke you for the idolatrous worship of inerrancy in those who are only men.

Pointing out errors of rulers is not speaking evil of rulers, except those rulers think it evil to point out their errors...

Upvote 0

Thuycidides

Jun 8, 2021
Houston
✟10,000.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Only those who mature will be allowed to reign with Him during the Millennium.

What we see with some who hate to square with logic and what is being said in Scripture, who cling to how they strongly feel about a matter instead? These people, if allowed to reign with Christ? Would end up murdering people on earth with just a thought. For if they can not be trusted now with handling the Word of God? They could not be trusted with the power and authority that will be granted to those whom God approves of. Promoting false doctrine is symptomatic of a much deeper problem with one's soul that just the inability to concentrate. Concentration should improve the more one becomes familiar with sound doctrinal thinking. Where you going to find it? Jesus warned that only a few will.

To the one who is victorious and does my will to the end, I will
give authority over the nations— that one ‘will rule them with
an iron scepter and will dash them to pieces like pottery’—
just as I have received authority from my Father."
Rev 2:26-27​

Jesus warned that if one harbors within a malicious anger towards his brother, that in God's eyes, that angry person has murdered his brother! For in the future after the resurrection how we think and feel will contain power for their fulfillment. We will have become more like God in our new life. But, must limit some.

God can not trust the soul of the many deceivers we find inundating so may Christian and Bible forums these days, and He will withhold (deny them as they denied Him) of rewards and honor. For if they deny Him now by denying what the Word states by means of its context? Their willful distortions after being shown corrections indicates that they can not be trusted with the eternal rewards God wants to grant us. Rewards so we can walk in deeper identification and union with the Lord of Life.

The Word of God is serious business. Not some competitive chess board game as some here like to see it as. To please God? They must grow up and stop living in the competitive spirit just to win an argument. Winning for their team's side. They seek the approval of like minded souls when they do that. They do not seek God's approval who may require us to be rejected by men at times while standing alone on what has become revealed truth.

That is why Calvinists and Armenians might be viewed like human football teams, not as thinkers seeking a peaceful resolve with integrity after their inconsistencies are trotted out before them. The Word exposes them. But, some minds get locked down and the guns come out of their turrets using Scripture as a death trap.

Other than that?

Scripture is the only authority and the Lord is the only God, and pet theories are like pet rocks: nice ideas but dumb.

And so, once again, are you saying there are members of the body of Christ, who abide faithful to the end, who will not have part in the 1st resurrection, for all those that do will reign with Christ?

• Winner
Reactions: pescador
Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So the Word in heaven: the LORD Jehovah, was Deity and soul. While God is the Father is Spirit and not soul?

That speaks of the nature of the essence. God is spirit in His essence. Soul is also immaterial and invisible, but is not the same essence as God is.

But, think about this.. Angels are 'spirit' but they are not God. Are they?
And, man being 'soul' in essence can not be an angel that is 'spirit' in his essence.

Now.. what happens when God takes the spirit essence of an angel? And has that 'spirit' in union with Deity? Like Jehovah did with his Soul concerning the Lord God of Israel.. to be revealed later in bodily form as Jesus Christ?

What do you get when you have the spirit essence of angels in union with Deity? The Holy Spirit!

The Son = two natures in union. Deity and soul.
The Holy Spirit = two natures in union. Deity and angelic spirit.

The Father? Deity alone. That is how all three can be God, yet all three distinctly having a difference.

grace and peace ..........

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Scripture is the only authority and the Lord is the only God, and pet theories are like pet rocks: nice ideas but dumb.

And so, once again, are you saying there are members of the body of Christ, who abide faithful to the end, who will not have part in the 1st resurrection, for all those that do will reign with Christ?

:scratch: ... will not have part in the 1st resurrection? Was that a mistake?

One can not reign with Christ unless he or she have been first given their resurrection body. A body like his own glorious body.

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Correct... And, the Soul in union is the means for God to Translate and Interpret the Father to us in a manner that souls will understand.

John 1:18 explains that factor for us...

Its the same Greek word used to command pastors to exegete the Word of God for the people.
I learned that amazing detail from a pastor who taught from the Hebrew and Greek.

The Amplified Bible nailed this one right on the head.

No man has ever seen God at any time; the only unique Son, or
the only begotten God, Who is in the bosom [in the intimate
presence] of the Father, He has declared Him [He has revealed Him
and brought Him out where He can be seen; He has interpreted
Him and He has made Him known]."

Its by means of His soul that God is able to take what is incomprehensible to men about Himself and interpret God by means of His soul in a way we are now able to relate to. For we are souls.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Thuycidides

Jun 8, 2021
Houston
✟10,000.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That speaks of the nature of the essence. God is spirit in His essence. Soul is also immaterial and invisible, but is not the same essence as God is.

But, think about this.. Angels are 'spirit' but they are not God. Are they?
And, man being 'soul' in essence can not be an angel that is 'spirit' in his essence.

Now.. what happens when God takes the spirit essence of an angel? And has that 'spirit' in union with Deity? Like Jehovah did with his Soul concerning the Lord God of Israel.. to be revealed later in bodily form as Jesus Christ?

What do you get when you have the spirit essence of angels in union with Deity? The Holy Spirit!

The Son = two natures in union. Deity and soul.
The Holy Spirit = two natures in union. Deity and angelic spirit.

The Father? Deity alone. That is how all three can be God, yet all three distinctly having a difference.

grace and peace ..........
How do you mean God 'takes' the spirit of an angel.

Did He not give the spirit when created the angel in the first place?

He give the spirit to and angel and takes it back for Himself?

By the Father having deity alone, are you saying He is the only true God that is all deity only? While the true God Jesus is God and man, or God and soul? And the true God and Holy Spirit and God and Spirit?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Thuycidides

Jun 8, 2021
Houston
✟10,000.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
:scratch: ... will not have part in the 1st resurrection? Was that a mistake?

One can not reign with Christ unless he or she have been first given their resurrection body. A body like his own glorious body.
The 1st resurrection is what Paul spoke of, which many call the rapture.

"Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years."

You speak of believers that do not grow in the Word of God, but remain fixed in ignorance or on false teaching. You say they will not be 'entitled' to reign with Christ. Which means they are not part of the 1st resurrection. Which means they are not part of the body of Christ to be resurrected.

Upvote 0

Thuycidides

Jun 8, 2021
Houston
✟10,000.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Correct... And, the Soul in union is the means for God to Translate and Interpret the Father to us in a manner that souls will understand.

John 1:18 explains that factor for us...

Its the same Greek word used to command pastors to exegete the Word of God for the people.
I learned that amazing detail from a pastor who taught from the Hebrew and Greek.

The Amplified Bible nailed this one right on the head.

No man has ever seen God at any time; the only unique Son, or
the only begotten God, Who is in the bosom [in the intimate
presence] of the Father, He has declared Him [He has revealed Him
and brought Him out where He can be seen; He has interpreted
Him and He has made Him known]."

Its by means of His soul that God is able to take what is incomprehensible to men about Himself and interpret God by means of His soul in a way we are now able to relate to. For we are souls.
'For we are souls' means we have ability of reason and intelligence to decide, research, study, act and make.

The difference between man and the animals is that we are made in the image of God: by His Spirit we are made a living soul.

And by the light of Christ, which lightens every human being, we are able to have intelligence, which animals do not.

Therefore, the soul of a man gives him power to have moral judgment and intelligent reasoning.

It is the Spirit of God in the soul of a believer that guides in moral righteousness and true knowledge.

Adam was given that freely from the dust of the ground, and we are given the same freely by faith from the resurrected body of the cross: Jesus.

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
How do you mean God 'takes' the spirit of an angel.

He created all the angels spirits. These spirits were created.

Did He not give the spirit when created the angel in the first place?
He give the spirit to and angel and takes it back for Himself?

We are shown that Jesus was "begotten" not created... Likewise for the "spirit" of the Holy Spirit. "Begotten, not created."

This gets me into where I either lose you... Or, maybe anger you.

Because one must first be ready and able to think in concepts based upon what we have been given from faith. Faith comes by learning/hearing the Word of God.

To be "created" means what was created had to have a beginning. The Son and Holy Spirit are eternal. They have no beginning. That means? The soul of Jesus is eternal. His soul is the soul that had to exist before creation took place. For, we are told that there was nothing created, that has been created, except through Him. He had to precede anything created!

Now... time is what? Its a creation. Eternity is devoid of time.

The Father having His plan for man and angels "begot" both the soul of Jesus and the "spirit" of the Holy Spirit before time began in eternity.

This is a tough one....

Before all things could be created? The Soul of Jehovah was to be "being.". "I Am." For it was for Him (his soul) that all things were created. As we can witness to all things in creation were created so our souls can relate to them. He was before all things. Creating all things that a human soul could relate to.

I will now use vague language intentionally for what I am about to say. Because it delves into a realm that is beyond our normal frame of reference as humans.

Before Time was created? There were no beginnings nor end. Only being. Always have been. Always will be.

As for the Soul of Jehovah? The Soul was uniquely begotten outside of time by the Father, having no beginning and no end. Likewise for the Angel-spirit, was begotten by the Father outside of time, having no beginning nor end. There can be no beginning when time was not yet created. In other words? The Soul and Spirit of Jehovah always was. "I Am."

Why the Trinity? God was about to embark on creating lives who were to be recipients of His eternal love. First angels. Then came man.

The Father needed the perfect means for the finite created beings to have a bridge between Himself who is infinite, and their finite minds. That is why we have the Trinity. Its the bridge for communication and understanding between angels, man, and God, about God.

By the Father having deity alone, are you saying He is the only true God that is all deity only? While the true God Jesus is God and man, or God and soul? And the true God and Holy Spirit and God and Spirit?

God the Father could no more be known to you than you can watch and hear satellite TV with your mind alone. He would remain unknowable.

Even language (logos) was provided as a means for God to make His will known. The Soul of Jehovah was the Word. And... the Word later became "flesh."

I do not like to venture where I just did too often. It frightens me somewhat.

Upvote 0

Thuycidides

Jun 8, 2021
Houston
✟10,000.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He created all the angels spirits. These spirits were created.

We are shown that Jesus was "begotten" not created... Likewise for the "spirit" of the Holy Spirit. "Begotten, not created."

This gets me into where I either lose you... Or, maybe anger you.

Because one must first be ready and able to think in concepts based upon what we have been given from faith. Faith comes by learning/hearing the Word of God.

To be "created" means what was created had to have a beginning. The Son and Holy Spirit are eternal. They have no beginning. That means? The soul of Jesus is eternal. His soul is the soul that had to exist before creation took place. For, we are told that there was nothing created, that has been created, except through Him. He had to precede anything created!

Now... time is what? Its a creation. Eternity is devoid of time.

The Father having His plan for man and angels "begot" both the soul of Jesus and the "spirit" of the Holy Spirit before time began in eternity.

This is a tough one....

Before all things could be created? The Soul of Jehovah was to be "being.". "I Am." For it was for Him (his soul) that all things were created. As we can witness to all things in creation were created so our souls can relate to them. He was before all things. Creating all things that a human soul could relate to.

I will now use vague language intentionally for what I am about to say. Because it delves into a realm that is beyond our normal frame of reference as humans.

Before Time was created? There were no beginnings nor end. Only being. Always have been. Always will be.

As for the Soul of Jehovah? The Soul was uniquely begotten outside of time by the Father, having no beginning and no end. Likewise for the Angel-spirit, was begotten by the Father outside of time, having no beginning nor end. There can be no beginning when time was not yet created. In other words? The Soul and Spirit of Jehovah always was. "I Am."

Why the Trinity? God was about to embark on creating lives who were to be recipients of His eternal love. First angels. Then came man.

The Father needed the perfect means for the finite created beings to have a bridge between Himself who is infinite, and their finite minds. That is why we have the Trinity. Its the bridge for communication and understanding between angels, man, and God, about God.

God the Father could no more be known to you than you can watch and hear satellite TV with your mind alone. He would remain unknowable.

Even language (logos) was provided as a means for God to make His will known. The Soul of Jehovah was the Word. And... the Word later became "flesh."

I do not like to venture where I just did too often. It frightens me somewhat.

"I do not like to venture where I just did too often. It frightens me somewhat."

I know what you mean. Too many have ventured into the mystical realm and come up with what they think is marvelous and wondrous, and feel really 'connected' to the infinite things of the spirit. It makes them feel good at the least and all-knowing at the worst. (Eph 6:12)

"And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration. And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery..." (Rev 17)

And so I will tell you the mystery of iniquity: Ministry of God is the most mocking wine and raging strong drink there is in heaven and in earth. The love of money is the root of all evil, but the lust of power of God has made angels to fall and man to sin against his own soul.

The mystery of the man of sin is threefold:
1. No man wakes up one morning and decides to be a cult leader. The source of all cultism is sincerity of heart with honest intent but with error of Scripture, error that they don't even know in the beginning of their rise. A little leaven...
2. Knowing the thoughts and intents of the heart can be a mystery even to them that deceive, because they are so sincere, that they even deceive themselves. They begin too think too highly...
3. The beast rises up in sincerity and honesty of faith, but then shows himself in the end to be sincere and honest only about his own power over others. The elect depart, leaving only the deceived followers

He that was an honest minister of the Lord, and is not an honest minister of the Lord, and yet is obeyed as an honest minister of the Lord. (Rev 17: 8)

The power to speak from one's own mind and have others believe it as the Word of God is the intoxication of cultism and was the error of Lucifer:

"I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High." (Isaiah 14)

Lucifer wanted to be the 4th in the Godhead. He truly thought it was all a matter of making himself so pleasing and honorable to God, that God would of necessity make him one of Us, or as you might be saying beget him as one with Them.

You have gone farther into such things, than I have ever seen, without me dismissing out of hand:

Therefore, I want you to consider this from the 'created-christ' mongers:

They say that the word was created from the beginning, not in the beginning of creation of all things, but in the beginning of all His ways (Prov 8) before creation, as being the 1st creation of creation (Col 1:15). He was the created wisdom of God, the created personification of God's wisdom, and was the 1st angel and Angel of the Lord, and then was made man on earth and called Jesus. (Paganism and mystical humanism)

And so: what is the difference between the created personification of wisdom of God, and the soul of the Word begat by God? Or the firstborn of every creature?

Or am I reading you wrong?

(Also, if you want to go private with this, I'd be more than glad to. I would like to run many things by you. "vague language' means to me non Scriptural words to describe ideas that Scripture does not say plainly)

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
"I do not like to venture where I just did too often. It frightens me somewhat."

I know what you mean. Too many have ventured into the mystical realm and come up with what they think is marvelous and wondrous, and feel really 'connected' to the infinite things of the spirit. It makes them feel good at the least and all-knowing at the worst. (Eph 6:12)

This is not a "mystical" realm. Mystical not the same thing as having a mystery solved.

I will try this way...

Can something be created if it has no beginning? Because, its appearance occurs outside of time?

Having no beginning, nor end? For nothing can begin nor end without time existing.

Everything created began at some point in time.

Can something be created if it has no beginning?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Thuycidides

Jun 8, 2021
Houston
✟10,000.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is not a "mystical" realm. Mystical not the same thing as having a mystery solved.

I will try this way...

Can something be created if it has no beginning? Because, its appearance occurs outside of time?

Having no beginning, nor end? For nothing can begin nor end without time existing.

Everything created began at some point in time.

Can something be created if it has no beginning?
I was speaking of other teachings, such as the created christ, full of Tolkien type mysticism, venturing into realms of spiritual wickedness in high places.

You are not talking of a created christ, but of the nature of the Trinity as individuals.

The Father is deity only. The Son is soul-begotten and deity. The Holy Spirit is spirit of angels with deity. Is this what you mean?

My view is that all Three were from everlasting and one in perfect unity and each is true God. They each are a Person and a soul. This is how man was created in His image, by becoming a living soul from God's Spirit breathed in.

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I was speaking of other teachings, such as the created christ, full of Tolkien type mysticism, venturing into realms of spiritual wickedness in high places.

You are not talking of a created christ, but of the nature of the Trinity as individuals.

The Father is deity only. The Son is soul-begotten and deity. The Holy Spirit is spirit of angels with deity. Is this what you mean?

My view is that all Three were from everlasting and one in perfect unity and each is true God. They each are a Person and a soul. This is how man was created in His image, by becoming a living soul from God's Spirit breathed in.

Keep in mind one more detail.....

Man was not the only one one created in God's Image.

After all?

Angels are called "sons of God" - meaning created in the image of God.

The Holy Spirit and the Son of God are both God...

Man and angels were created in the image of God.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Ok let's continue...

Q1. WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF GOD'S GRACE OR WHAT IS GOD'S GRACE FOR? (Linked)
Q2. CAN WE HAVE GOD'S GRACE WITHOUT GOD'S LAW? (Linked)

Next question...

Q3. WHERE DOES GOD'S GRACE LEAD US?

This one is possibly the easiest of the three questions to answer. To answer this question we need to understand th purpose of God's ETERNAL LAW (10 Commandments).

The purpose of God's LAW is to give us the KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL; SIN and RIGHTEOUSNESS *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; PSALMS 119:172. Without God's LAW (10 Commandments) we have no KNOWLEDGE of what SIN is. If we have no knowledge of what sin is then we have no need of a Saviour. If we have no need of a Saviour we have no salvation because we are still in our sins. If we are still in our sins we are lost because the wages of sin is death to those who reject the gift of God's dear son *ROMANS 6:23. God's LAW is the mirror that shows us that we are all SINNERS *JAMES 1:23 in need of a Saviour 1 JOHN 4:14.

We are saved by GRACE through faith and not of ourselves it is a gift of God *EPHESIANS 2:8. God's LAW is the mirror that shows us we are all sick with sin and in need of the great Physician (Saviour) *JAMES 1:23. GOD'S LAW leads us to Christ that we might be FORGIVEN by FAITH at the foot of the cross of JESUS where we are without excuse. Here we see the GIFT of GRACE and God's LOVE for us in Gods dear son. Here we see God's LOVE for sinners of whom I am chief. The penalty for SIN is death *ROMANS 6:23. We all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God *ROMANS 3:23 and stand guilty before GOD of sin. The only atonement for sin is death but God so loved us that he was not willing that any one of us should perish and gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes on him should not perish, but have eternal life *JOHN 3:16. JESUS died the death we deserve to die on our behalf for anyone who will accept God's GIFT of GRACE found in JESUS death on the cross.

The purpose of God's LAW is to lead us to GRACE found only through GOD'S dear son where we can find FORGIVENESS for the burden of our sins as we rely and BELIEVE soley in the promises of GOD's WORD. We are all sick with sin and need a Physician and many do not know the meaning *MATTHEW 9:12-13. God's LAW shows us our sickness. When JESUS, the great Physician says arise take up your bed and walk. I believe him. How about you? What wonders we see in God's LOVE for us in that while we were yet sinners condemned to die; JESUS died my death for my sins that if I accept his free gift of LIFE, I might live. Nothnig as an offering do I bring simply to your cross I cling. Open our eyes Lord. We want to see JESUS. May God bless you dear friend as you see the gift of God's dear son in JESUS

There is NO GRACE without God's LAW. It is God's LAW (10 Commandments) that give us the KNOWLEDGE of what sin is and leads us to God's GRACE. God's Grace leads us to Jesus where we receive God's forgiveness for our sins so that we can be reconciled to God and be born of His Spirit to follow Him. Gods' grace therefore leads us to obedience to the faith. God's grace is for obedience to the faith and reconciliation to God *Romans 1:5.

God bless

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Thuycidides

Jun 8, 2021
Houston
✟10,000.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Keep in mind one more detail.....

Man was not the only one one created in God's Image.

After all?

Angels are called "sons of God" - meaning created in the image of God.

The Holy Spirit and the Son of God are both God...

Man and angels were created in the image of God.
Been a while.

Sons of God certainly means created by God specially as different from animals of the earth, but to say created in God's image is not provable without scripture.

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Sons of God certainly means created by God specially as different from animals of the earth, but to say created in God's image is not provable without scripture.

Its OK. I understand.

We all have more things to learn.

Angels were able procreate with human women in Genesis 6 just before the flood.

And, add to that? Scripture also teaches us that man was created lower than the angels... Not higher.

But there is a place where someone has testified:
“What is mankind that you are mindful of them,
a son of man that you care for him?
You made them a little lower than the angels;
you crowned them with glory and honor.
Heb 2:6-7

You have read the Book of Job?
The Lord speaking to Job about the creation of the earth told Job the following....
The Lord calls angels "sons of God."

To what were its foundations fastened?
Or who laid its cornerstone,
When the morning stars sang together,

And all the sons of God shouted for joy? Jb 38:6-7

grace and peace.......

Upvote 0