What is exactly and specifically "wrong" with operating under the Old Covenant...?

Danielwright2311

Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2018
Sacorro NM
✟110,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Does one have to start and begin in the Old Way...? Is that what you are saying...?

Till one gets "converted"...?

Or can one simply begin the New Way, without or before or without or not ever even having the Old...? Or what...?

If so, if one has to have the Old Way first, then what is the (true) purpose and point of the Old Way...? And then, as already asked, can it be "skipped" basically...? or not...?

God Bless!

The problem here is anyone can be converted so you don't need to be anyway. Its good to know scripture but you do not have to live that lifestyle in order to be chosen by God to be converted.

• Friendly
Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,991.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
There is no harm in it as long as you don't break the laws of the times and get in trouble for it like killing sacrificed animals.
I highly disagree... I think there is a lot of "harm" in it... Just look at the damage it has done over the years... I think it's time for us to grow up and mature in the (true) faith now, don't you...?

God Bless!

• Agree
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

Danielwright2311

Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2018
Sacorro NM
✟110,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
I highly disagree... I think there is a lot of "harm" in it... Just look at the damage it has done over the years... I think it's time for us to grow up and mature in the (true) faith now, don't you...?

God Bless!

The true faith is Jesus who died for our sins, we are his children and there is no need to grow up in anything as long as we believe in Jesus. Jesus will send the spirit to you to convert you.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,991.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
The problem here is anyone can be converted so you don't need to be anyway. Its good to know scripture but you do not have to live that lifestyle in order to be chosen by God to be converted.
Did you mean "the problem here" is "in thinking that" ect, ect...? or what exactly did or do you mean...?

Cause if you meant that, I would agree that is a problem with the NC of Faith and Grace and Mercy and Love, ect...

But is also a problem we "cannot even begin to tackle" until were all "on the same page" so to speak...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Danielwright2311

Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2018
Sacorro NM
✟110,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Did you mean "the problem here" is "in thinking that" ect, ect...? or what exactly did or do you mean...?

Cause if you meant that, I would agree that is a problem with the NC of Faith and Grace and Mercy and Love, ect...

But is also a problem we "cannot even begin to tackle" until were all "on the same page" so to speak...

God Bless!

I meant the problem with your question, not that being converted is the problem, sorry.

After you are converted you do things like love and forgiveness and grace and mercy.

That is how we are converted, your whole being changes.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

GingerBeer

Cool and refreshing with a kick!
Mar 26, 2017
Australia
✟119,825.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What is exactly and specifically "wrong" with operating under the Old Covenant...?
It's old because it passed away and a new covenant is now operating in which God gave himself and his life for the life of the world, specifically, for Christians.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,991.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
The true faith is Jesus who died for our sins, we are his children and there is no need to grow up in anything as long as we believe in Jesus. Jesus will send the spirit to you to convert you.
And I do agree with that (mostly)...

Except the damage and harm of a bunch of people operating under the OC has done and will continue to do, if it is continued in for all of any of us still involved, or involved or wrapped up in it (the OC) still, "now", now that the new has come and is continuing in being increasingly involved and revealed now...

Anyhow, the damage and harm of a bunch of people operating under the OC has done and will continue to do, if it is continued in for all of any of us still involved, or involved or wrapped up in it (the OC) still, "now", "now" that the new has come, cannot be ignored and should not be ignored (any longer) or I think we will all suffer greatly for it...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,991.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I meant the problem with your question, not that being converted is the problem, sorry.

After you are converted you do things like love and forgiveness and grace and mercy.

That is how we are converted, your whole being changes.
The problem with the conclusion(s) my question(s) will "arrive" at, or what...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Danielwright2311

Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2018
Sacorro NM
✟110,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
And I do agree with that (mostly)...

Except the damage and harm of a bunch of people operating under the OC has done and will continue to do, if it is continued in for all of any of us still involved, or involved or wrapped up in it (the OC) still, "now", now that the new has come and is continuing in being increasingly involved and revealed now...

Anyhow, the damage and harm of a bunch of people operating under the OC has done and will continue to do, if it is continued in for all of any of us still involved, or involved or wrapped up in it (the OC) still, "now", "now" that the new has come, cannot be ignored and should not be ignored (any longer) or I think we will all suffer greatly for it...

God Bless!

If you are not converted into the kingdom of God then you are not of God.

The people who you speak of are not converted it seems, so you do not have to worry about them.

All you need to do is look at the kingdom, the real true people of God who loves, and forgives, and accepts you with love.

Upvote 0

Danielwright2311

Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2018
Sacorro NM
✟110,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
The problem with the conclusion(s) my question(s) will "arrive" at, or what...?

God Bless!

Just be converted, Go to Jesus and ask him to convert you into a new being, this is the reason for this conversation.

There is nothing else that needs to be done.

When you go to Jesus with a pure heart of belief then his spirit will enter into you and he is all that will matter to you as you will know he is the only way to heaven.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,991.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Some of the "harm" or danger: Being proud, puffed up, arrogant, egotistical, self-righteous, judgmental, critical, criticizing, judgmental and condemning in nature, and just all around mean, nasty and "wrong", and very angry, hateful, bitter, jealous, ect, ect (the list goes on) "self-assuming", haughty, ect...

Why do we so easily, or why do "some of us so easily" tend to "overlook" and/or ignore, and/or seem to be very "blind" to "these things"...

Why do you think that is...? And does the Law or the OC do that, or not...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,991.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Just be converted, Go to Jesus and ask him to convert you into a new being, this is the reason for this conversation.

There is nothing else that needs to be done.

When you go to Jesus with a pure heart of belief then his spirit will enter into you and he is all that will matter to you as you will know he is the only way to heaven.
And after conversion, we are to try and bring as many in as we can, right...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Danielwright2311

Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2018
Sacorro NM
✟110,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
And after conversion, we are to try and bring as many in as we can, right...?

God Bless!

It's not that easy, But yes, if we can, it's up to God who God saves not us, but we try out of love to help if we can.

Upvote 0

Danielwright2311

Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2018
Sacorro NM
✟110,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Some of the "harm" or danger: Being proud, puffed up, arrogant, egotistical, self-righteous, judgmental, critical, criticizing, judgmental and condemning in nature, and just all around mean, nasty and "wrong", and very angry, hateful, bitter, jealous, ect, ect (the list goes on) "self-assuming", haughty, ect...

Why do we so easily, or why do "some of us so easily" tend to "overlook" and/or ignore, and/or seem to be very "blind" to "these things"...

God Bless!

When God converts you into a new being you will not be any of these things and also you will not see them as you will forgive them.

We are to help others out of there bad lives if possible, not hold them down to judgment.

So we are blind to them with love and forgiveness.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,991.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

God Bless!
When you say "sin" to them, they are very unlikely to think of and/or mention these things...?

And why is that...?

And is it because of the Law or the OC...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Danielwright2311

Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2018
Sacorro NM
✟110,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
When you say "sin" to them, they are very unlikely to think of and/or mention these things...?

And why is that...?

And is it because of the Law or the OC...?

God Bless!

They judge on their hearts not knowing God is the only judge and death separates us from sin and judgment.

If we lived forever and sinned then I can see others who judge, but because we die, God is our judge and Jesus is our counsel.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,991.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
When God converts you into a new being you will not be any of these things and also you will not see them as you will forgive them.

I do forgive them, but don't think we can (any of us) can afford their kind of ignorance any longer is all...

We are to help others out of there bad lives if possible, not hold them down to judgment.

So we are blind to them with love and forgiveness.

I agree with this...

But Love/forgive them how...? Does love/forgiveness overlook "everything" "all the time" and in "every single case, and/or every single circumstance, always and all the time", or not...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Danielwright2311

Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2018
Sacorro NM
✟110,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
I do forgive them, but don't think we can (any of us) can afford their kind of ignorance any longer is all...

I agree with this...

But Love/forgive them how...? Does love/forgiveness overlook "everything" "all the time" and in "every single case, and/or every single circumstance, always and all the time", or not...?

God Bless!

Because I will die its easy for me to love and forgive and also overlook everything.

In your death will anything they do matter?

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,991.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Because I will die its easy for me to love and forgive and also overlook everything.

Is that truly what "love" "is" though...?

In your death will anything they do matter?

If you see a person caught up in a trespass or sin, and do do nothing to help and/or warn them, you, yourself, can or will, or may be held accountable for that, right...?

Cause they could go to or wind up in hell, and it might be because of you, right...?

Or am I wrong about that...?

And, "AND" I do this "because I love them" (and want to see them there) and not "because I don't or do not"...

I am showing my love for them right now...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Danielwright2311

Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2018
Sacorro NM
✟110,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Is that truly what "love" "is" though...?

If you see a person caught up in a trespass or sin, and do do nothing to help and/or warn them, you, yourself, can or will, or may be held accountable for that, right...?

Cause they could go to or wind up in hell, and it might be because of you, right...?

Or am I wrong about that...?

And, "AND" I do this "because I love them" (and want to see them there) and not "because I don't or do not"...

I am showing my love for them right now...

God Bless!

If you have a problem with judgment and blame then yes, that is what love would be to you, its a start.

You aren't responsible for others sin, they are and you will not be accountable for there sins.

Even if you told them about there sins would they repent and come to Jesus and be converted? and if not is that also your accountability?

No, it's not.

Upvote 0