What is everyone mixed with?

This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Obzocky

Senior Contributor
Dec 24, 2009
Rain Land
✟33,236.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I always wonder how recently your ancestors have to of been from a certain area for it to count, for example as my parents were born in England that's what I consider myself, English. The fact that my paternal grandparents came over from Schwedt and the maternal from Mayo doesn't really come into it.

edit:

Which seemingly means i'm of German-Irish descent XD

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

regencygirl

When parasols are in vogue again, I'll be ready.
Apr 8, 2010
Richmond, VA
✟15,188.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Let's see...mainly German and English (strong German influence in my family as they were the ones most recently off the boat, so to speak :p)

Also Scottish, Welsh, and Native American (Cherokee). Husband is Scottish (Campbell).

Upvote 0

Wolvrin704

Doing better than I deserve!
Aug 10, 2010
Cincinnati
✟7,750.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
My family name is Scottish, to my knowledge we have from both sides of the family Scottish, Irish, Norwegian, English, French and German. Of course like most people we only know back to possibly the early medieval age at best not to mention being American who knows what nationalities fell into the stew.

Upvote 0