Senior Veteran
Jul 28, 2004
Hamilton
✟20,300.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Most of my ancestors were Swiss Mennonites, but that is back many many generations! I think it's something like 9 generations ago that they actually lived in Switzerland. Then they moved to Pennsylvania and lived there for a couple generations. Both my parents are Canadian, as are all of my grandparents. I think all my great-grandparents were Canadian too.

Upvote 0
B

BykrChyk

I'm a pretty odd mix. My mom's folks were East Indian, and British. My dad's were Native (Haida) and Norwegian. Most people think I'm Latino though. I'm glad I'm mixed because I have a far better tolerance for other cultures and races. A lot of people here mock Natives and East Indians, which drives me crazy. I think it's silly because the Natives were here first, and most know what lead to the stereotypical behavior. And I think there are more Asians than caucasians in Calgary.. so I don't get that one at all. It's so ignorant, and I'm glad I was taught better than that. I'm also really happy when my friends date people of other backgrounds. Some people say it's not a good idea because the kids of mixed backgrounds would be taunted. I think it's good because it teaches future generations to be accepting of one another despite cultural differences.

Upvote 0

Miss Spaulding

Virtus semper viridis
Jan 6, 2005
The Tropics
✟109,434.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
German, Irish, and Native American. There may be more...European, I mean, but I'd have to ask my Mom about it. She's the one who does the genealogy. The German and Irish is on my Mom's side, and the Native American is on my Dad's side. There's also Irish on my Dad's side as well. I've wanted to go to Germany, so the fact that I have German in me is very delightful. However, my Mom is getting pretty far into the genealogy on her side, and she's found that there's a strong possibility some of her German ancestors may have been Nazis. So not only am I delighted to have German, I'm also a little ashamed...:(

Upvote 0

immersedingrace

I feel like I've been dipped in Diamonds!
Aug 10, 2004
New York City
✟19,895.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm Irish, German, and French. Possibly Native American. My ancestors came over in the 1600's, yep, before we became a nation. As for the one who's family may have been Nazi's, you can't be ashamed of that. It wasn't YOU. My family, apparently, owned slaves at some point. Whereas I'm not PROUD of that, I certainly feel no shame. I simply feel sad at their ignorance. I do know that some relatives fought in the Civil War for the North, some fought in the American Rev. for both the colonies AND the Brits (my ancestors were the German "hit men" or the Hessians). We shouldn't be ashamed of something we have no control over.

Blessings.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pastel

Lex orandi lexest credendi
Jan 9, 2005
Markleeville
✟6,186.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Almost half Irish, half Portuguese, and we have 3 Native Americans in the ancestry. Also descended from/related to two Declaration of Independence signers, the Lees. This makes Robert E. Lee a distant cousin. (Francis Lightfoot Lee is the one that is the direct relative, my 5 greats grandfather.) We also had ancestors that came over on the Mayflower. Lots of interesting things in our family. The only thing we do not have is a pirate :( in the ancestry. haha....well, not that we have FOUND out about, yet, anyway!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Daily Miracle

Dec 10, 2002
Visit site
✟548.00
Faith
Christian
I'm not totally sure yet.

My dad is Mexican, but the heritage is rumored to be Aztec and Spanish.

My mom's mom was 100% German. My mom's dad is a little unclear now. We thought he was English and Irish, but based on the Canadian census, our English lineage may have some German in there too.

Upvote 0