What is and is not a sin... The correct view of sin...?

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Some say just about everything is a sin, some say some things are under some circumstances and not in others, then some others say "not everything we think is a sin, is a sin", and I would like those ones to explain further...? They seem to have a narrower view of sin, while having to broad a view of sin, makes everything a sin...

Who's right...?

Comments...?

God Bless!

Sin is a transgression.
Trespass is a transgression.

Transgression is "going AGAINST" something.

Going AGAINST "something",
can be an INTENTIONAL by an intended choice,
or can be by CIRCUMSTANCE without intent. (we call an accident).

In the OT -
Every intent, thought, action -
AGAINST God, Against Gods Word, Against the Law of God, Against the Law of Moses -
was CALLED a SIN.

And the consequence for Sin Against God, was separation from God.
And the consequence for Sin Against the of Law, was curses.
And the consequence for Sin, Against the Law of Moses, was separation from the People.

In the OT-
Man's action AGAINST man was introduced,
and CALLED a TRESPASS.

In the OT - and at times in the NT -
"Things" were intermingled, and called SIN and TRESPASSES.

In the OT - we learn ONLY GOD can forgive SIN.

In the NT - we learn more about TRESPASS, being something MEN should forgive.

In the NT - we learn more about TRESPASS, that men forgive, so also will God forgive, (weather or not the man being asked for forgiveness, does actually forgive the mans trespass.)

SINCE - ONLY GOD can forgive SIN -

WHAT IS SIN?
Sin is a TRANSGRESSION AGAINST GOD.

WHAT IS THE TRANSGRESSION AGAINST GOD, that GOD forgives?

Well - Examine what IS "Standing AGAINST God" ?

Standing AGAINST God is NOT BELIEVING IN GOD.

Matt 12
[30] He that is not with me is against me;

And - What SIN does God forgive a man for?

Standing AGAINST GOD.

And - When does God FORGIVE a man WHO HAS STOOD Against God?

WHEN - the mans heart-felt true belief has come to BELIEVE IN GOD, and TELLS HIM.

And THEN WHAT? - God FORGIVES the man ALL of the mans SINS for having STOOD AGAINST GOD.

And THEN WHAT? - The mans STANDING is now and forever WITH God.

POINT - How does a man NOW, IN STANDING WITH GOD, ever again DENY GOD, and return to, SIN, standing AGAINST GOD?

The man CAN NOT.

WHY not?

Because the man's FORGIVENESS, is permanent.
Because AFTER the man's FORGIVENESS is given BY God, God prepares the man, (internally), to receive the POWER (Spirit) of God, to FOREVER KEEP the man IN STANDING WITH GOD.

So, what about Man's TRESPASSES "against" other men?

Luke 17
[3] Take heed to yourselves:
If thy brother trespass against thee, rebuke him; and if he repent, forgive him.

Do men forgive SIN? No.
But what about scripture that says men forgave sins of their brothers against them?

What about numerous things in Scripture that men DID NOT UNDERSTAND?

Many things were KEPT SECRET from the beginning.

So how does one UNDERSTAND WHAT WAS KEPT SECRET?

1) Hear and read the KNOWLEDGE that has been revealed.
2) Trust the revealed KNOWLEDGE is TRUE.
3) Believe IN GOD, and TELL Him.
4) Trust God is faithful to GIVE YOU UNDERSTANDING.
5) TRUST HIS, Understanding.

Matt 13
[35] That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, I will open my mouth in parables; I will utter things which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world.

Mark 4
[22] For there is nothing hid, which shall not be manifested; neither was any thing kept secret, but that it should come abroad.

Mark 2
[7].. who can forgive sins but God only?

Luke 24
45] Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,

Eph 2
[1] And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

What is a "quickened" man?

Quickened is to "bring into living".
A man's life (ie His Blood) is "quickened" when he receives a LIVING SOUL, from Gods Breath.
A man's (natural spirit) is "quickened" when he receives a LIVING SPIRITUAL SPIRIT, from Gods Seed.

A man WHO has become QUICKENED, by Gods SEED; is a man WHO WAS IN SIN, WAS, Standing AGAINST GOD, and HAS been forgiven, his soul saved, and become BORN OF GOD.

A man WHO, IS BORN OF GOD, has the SPIRIT OF GOD FOREVER WITH THE MAN, thus FOREVER BY the POWER OF GOD, the mans STANDING IS FOREVER WITH GOD, and the MAN CAN NEVER AGAIN SIN.

1 John 3
[9] Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

1 John 4
[4] Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

Eph 2
[1] And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

Matt 9
[22] ...thy faith hath made thee whole.

Born again men, are forgiven all their sins, are of God, made WHOLE, and sin no more.

Men Trespassing AGAINST men? Yep they do, and their remedy is forgiveness of the trespass, and reparations.

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Some say just about everything is a sin, some say some things are under some circumstances and not in others, then some others say "not everything we think is a sin, is a sin", and I would like those ones to explain further...? They seem to have a narrower view of sin, while having to broad a view of sin, makes everything a sin...

Who's right...?

Comments...?

God Bless!

Sin is that which goes against God.

Reactions: WannaWitness
Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟186,963.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Who's right...?

Comments...?

God Bless!

I was taught that you just follow the 10 commandments, and that's it. Later on, being that I had later come in contact, that wasn't the case. (Just about everything you do). Like drinking, seeing certain movies that has questionable content, masturbation, lustful thoughts, etc. Yeah, I thought, and still sometimes thinks that THOUGHTS (not action) weren't a sin.

And I was like "Wow, if that's the case, then everyone is guilty as charged."

• Friendly
Reactions: WannaWitness
Upvote 0

discipler7

Oct 5, 2017
tog
✟42,302.00
Country
Heard Island And Mcdonald Islands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Is there a situation where a man is guilty under the Law, but the sin is not charged against him...?
At ACTS.15:24-29, God has exempted new Gentile Christians from any law of Moses which is a burden, eg circumcision and kosher foods. They are not exempted from any law which is not a burden, eg the Ten Commandments(EXODUS.20), DEUT.18:9-14, LEV.10:9 & 18:22, etc.
... In comparison, new Jewish Christians are required by God to continue to keep Moses Law, as many as possible, because it is not a burden to them.

Those "Christians" who wantonly or ignorantly commit sins/evil-deeds/law-breaking risk losing their salvation while suffering horribly for their sins, eg by cursing/blaspheming God/Jesus and die. Be warned by DEUT.28:15, JOB, 1COR.5:5 & 11:30, 1JOHN.5:16-19, HEBREWS.10:26-31, 1COR.6:9-11, REV.22:12-15, ie sins/evil-deeds/law-breaking have consequences - some may lead to a horrible early death(= risk losing salvation/faith) and some may not, eg convicted murderers are usually executed and traffic offenders only have to pay a fine.
... Being saved from hell after death rests solely on faith/trust/belief in Jesus as the Christ/Messiah/Savior.(JOHN.3:16, GALATIANS.2:16, eg LUKE.23:43)

Upvote 0

GingerBeer

Cool and refreshing with a kick!
Mar 26, 2017
Australia
✟119,825.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What God forbids his people to do is sin if it is done. That is not too hard to work out. It is harder to work out what is forbidden for God's people by God. Paul says "whatever does not proceed from faith is sin" and John says "All wrongdoing is sin" John also says that "sin is lawlessness".

Upvote 0

Adstar

May 10, 2005
New South Wales
✟49,258.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Who's right...?

Comments...?

God Bless!

Anything that goes against the revealed will of God for humans is sin.....

Upvote 0

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟74,422.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Adam and Eve committed the Original Sin or Evil-deed or Law-breaking which resulted in serious evil consequences, especially spiritual death and being sent to hell when they die = separation from God of heaven.(GENESIS.3:14-19, ROMANS.5:12)

Thereafter, all humans were born with evil/sinful/satanic hearts and minds.(GENESIS.6:5, JOHN.8:44, MATTHEW.16:23 & 23:27, MARK.7:21, 1JOHN.3:8) All fallen humans often involuntarily sin-in-thoughts, eg immoral lust, greed, selfishness, hate, anger, jealousy, fears, doubts, pride, etc. Sin-in-thoughts may bear fruit into voluntary sin-in-deeds, eg adultery, rape, murder, stealing, lying/cheating, idolatry, blasphemy, etc.(eg MATTHEW.5:27-30 & 7:15-23)

In 1500BC, God gave Moses and the Jews His Law, in order to curb their inborn tendency to commit sins/evil-deeds = save them from a sad and short life on earth.(DEUT.28:15).

In 0BC, God gave the apostles and Jews His Son, in order to make atonement for Adam's Original Sin = save them from hell when they die.(LEV.17:11, HEBREWS.9:22, JOHN.3:16)

We seek to find Him in spirit and in truth. Eternal (lasting or existing forever; without end or beginning) life comes when our eyesight (single of eye) is restored (what happened in the garden to the first Adam) and heaven is not something far off, when we physically die for Jesus said "the kingdom is within you"...our spiritual journey/process taking place within is the narrative from cover to cover of the Bible.

Adam was once naked and not ashamed until he ate the feast prepared by the woman ...in contrast to the marriage feast prepared by the father, through the door. Entering in through Christ/The Door who promises to take way our sin...IF we can 'see'...that which is being revealed in the mirror, the image of the truth of who we truly are...which comes down to perception as it relates to the question God asked Adam, "Where art thou?" and Jesus' words "If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth."

The kingdom comes not with observation (using five senses) but spirit revelation within...the mind of man or the mind of Christ...not something we can do of our 'self', but God revealed...veil removed/no more shadow/s

And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0

mnphysicist

Have Courage to Trust God!
May 11, 2005
South East Minnesota (east of Rochester)
Visit site
✟57,148.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Democrat
Sin is falling short of what / where God desires us to be.

1. We can look at a kazillion laws in the OT, and think if we follow them we are good to go.
2. We can look at the 10 commandments, and think, if we follow them we are good to go.
3. We can look at the 2 greatest commandments and Jesus explanations in the NT, and go oh shoot, we are so far from being good to go.
4. We can then look to Pauls writings in Romans 14, and go egads, we could do all of the above and still fall short.

And its not just physical action, its thoughts too, consider Jesus words on the adultery in the dudes heart, even though he did not act on them. There are sins spanning generations, such as abuse, which unless corrected, often pass down from generation to generation. There is unconscious sin too, and then there is the no win scenario where in if ones does A, one falls short, and the only other option being B, which also falls short.

So, this makes us humans pretty small and could easily drive us to dispair... so, there are a bunch of workarounds.

Define sin is something tangible, very narrow, and require intent. I think of the sex obsessed street preachers from my days back in uni. They spoke of sexual purity as if it was the only thing that mattered, so some of us asked about the rich young ruler... and they said, well, you gotta have balance... and we thought of all the great evils left unchecked in the world due to said balance.

Know that we are created in the image of God, and even though stained from original sin, realize that the natural law that God placed within all of us provides for significant amounts of good works among both believers and those who do not believe.

Know that we will fall daily, also know that God's grace abounds in a huge way, and cruise on it... not as means of a license to get away with stuff, but that when we fall short, knowing God carries us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Who has a right heart ? Who is justified from sin ? Who does what is right ?
A lot is written about them.......
Jews and gentiles both......

Romans 2:13-15Tree of Life Version (TLV)

"13 For it is not the hearers of Torah who are righteous before God; rather, it is the doers of Torah who will be justified. 14 For when Gentiles, who do not have the Torah, do by nature the things of the Torah, they are a law to themselves even though they do not have the Torah. 15 They show that the work of the Torah is written in their hearts, their conscience bearing witness and their thoughts switching between accusing or defending them..."

Upvote 0

WannaWitness

Shining God's Light for a Lost World.
Aug 31, 2004
✟149,993.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
Simply put, sin is what the Bible plainly states is wrong to do. However, as we can all see, there are issues that come up for discussion in matters of the interpretation of certain Scriptures, or how a particular passage may stand out to any given individual. For example, some church denominations (or some Christians regardless of denomination) believe that it is sin for a woman to wear pants, using Deuteronomy 22:5 for reference, which states that a woman shall not wear what "pertains unto men", and draws the conclusion from the passage that pants are "men's clothes" having been worn by men first. I also firmly believe that if a woman feels wrong in wearing pants due to this interpretation of this passage, then she should follow how she feels God is leading her, and not wear them, but should also remember that this conviction is not universal to the body of believers as a whole, and should not judge them or pass them off as "no better than heathens", as those who don't have this conviction should, in turn, respect hers. Ephesians 5:4 speaks against "foolish talk and coarse jesting". Okay, the Bible is completely clear that sexual immorality and perversion is a sin, so it is natural to shy away from jokes of that nature. However, the interpretation of this verse can vary among believers as there are always slightly different views about how they define the terms "coarse" and "foolish". That is why some Christians have problems with "gas humor"/"poop humor" (believing it to be "coarse" at worst and "foolish" at best) and other Christians don't, simply viewing it as no different than joking about the little imperfections and quirks of the human body, and are among the many who are easily amused and can see the humor in everyday things (which is not an unhealthy way to view things, in the right perspective). However, all Christians should be able to respect one another as fellow believers, despite different ways of viewing things, and refrain from judging a brother or sister just because their convictions may be different from our own. Very confusing, but that's what happens. Romans 14 (which many here have already mentioned) explains how this can be done.

Here are links, from the same Website, that explain this issue better than I can. I have posted them elsewhere in the forum, but don't feel there's any problem with posting them in a thread where different people who don't frequent those other sections of the forum can see them.

Fundamentalism and separatism

Fundamentals and secondary issues

There was another link I remember that analyzed the issue of "the corporate conscience of the church", from the "legalist" (those who seem to think everything is wrong, no matter what) to the "tempter strong" (those on the other end of the spectrum who have an "anything-goes" philosophy and feel they can do anything they want, without much regard for anyone that it might offend), and then everyone in between those two ends of the spectrum. I was happy with the way this particular link broke everything down and explained it all so clearly, but unfortunately, I can't locate this link anymore. It seems to be dead link, and even when I run it through the Wayback Machine, it doesn't come up. However, if I can locate this link, I might post it at a later time.

Anyway, that's my thoughts on the issue. I wish not to debate with anybody.

God bless. :greenheart:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟74,422.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sin is anything that is not of faith.

Romans 14:23
And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

Which all goes back to the beginning and a tree in a garden (in our midst/within)...

Upvote 0

One Of The Elect

May 26, 2017
Albany
✟20,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Who's right...?

Comments...?

God Bless!

Sin is measured by the condition of your heart and circumstances. This speaks to intent and knowledge. There are various degrees. Example: a child can be born into a terrible circumstance, bad parenting, exposed to a corrupt people and influences which fosters bad behavior. This child only knows what he or she is taught. It is very difficult, if not flat out impossible to be something other than what your up bringing made you. This is why God says we should not judge. This does not mean we are not to exercise discernment or judgment of right and wrong but, not to stone ( symbolically ), which is to automatically assume they are irredeemable and not attempt to share Christ with them. Which would be, based on what you know about them through their behavior, and not on what they could be through hope in what Christ could do for them.

You must present Christ to them. So, judge not if you do not know their story.

And since we all need saving to some degree, we should always present Christ to all. Sin is anything against God. It does not matter what it comes dressed in, it can not enter heaven. Whether intentional or due to lack of knowledge it all needs to be purged. The purging God does. We plant the seeds, He gives the growth.

For those who intentionally sin well, that is a whole different story. They are the hard core, self abased narcissistic type who enjoy sin. There are those who sin and those who love sin. These are two very different types. Those who love sin, sin unto death. Those who sin due to the nature of man, can find redemption - through the application of faith which is a gift, grace is given and adds in growth and its end, is complete renewal. So, approach all sin with Salvation, Christ- and let him take , or add or remove whatever needs to be.
As for the mark of the beast, those who receive this are irredeemable! This is a Nephilim mark. It is in the flesh not on the flesh. This affects the blood of a person adding to it animal and fallen angelic traits. That is for an entirely different discussion.

Upvote 0

Tayla

Site Supporter
Sep 30, 2017
USA
✟147,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
If referring to mortal sins, those putting salvation in jeopardy, some good lists:
  1. the 10 commandments
  2. (Proverbs 6:16) to v19
  3. (Romans 1:29) to v31
  4. (1 Corinthians 6:8) to v10
  5. (1 Corinthians 5:11)
  6. (Colossians 3:5) to v9
  7. (2 Corinthians 12:20)
I doubt we should refer to character weakness that can't be changed as sins. Perhaps other sins have to do with filling your head with spiritual garbage, or with hurting others.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Brian Mcnamee

Feb 2, 2017
usa
✟221,465.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Who's right...?

Comments...?

God Bless!
Hi sin is really 3 things and the definition of sin is really literally a archery term for missing the mark. So to boil it down a little there are sins of commission that is we did or thought things that are off the mark and secondly there are sins of omission that is things we should have done and failed to do so.
The 3rd definition of sin is really that in Adam we all have sin in our DNA and it is part of even our very being. The man who is regenerated is now really having both the nature of Christ and the nature of Adam fighting it out inside of us. The path towards maturity is learning to crucify that old man and let the knew one take over. That is the hope that this corruption shall put on incorruption. The sinful nature will die off and only the nature of Christ will be raised. This is the promise of eternal life and why we have an adoption and an inheritance. When getting down to the brass tacks of do's and dont's there are many factors that play in and say a new believer goes to church and is wearing something a bit too revealing for her she knows not that is wrong yet and for her she would be innocent of that. But say the preacher talks about the inner woman and not stumbling the brothers by the way she presents herself and she decides to wear something risque anyways now it is sin. God knows every though and intent of the heart and we should spend much time seeking to please him. God is not laying a guilt trip on us but the path of Christ will not include sin and will be the one that leads to the highest fulfilment in life. We all will miss the mark on what Christ could have done in our lives even the most righteous of us. We press on knowing that the end we will finally get a full release from the sinful nature so as long as we are here that should be our aim now. The closer you look into the perfection in Jesus the greater our flaws are exposed. This exposure is always an invitation to fix the flaw and move on to the next one.

Upvote 0

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟74,422.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sin is falling short of what / where God desires us to be.

Which takes us back to the beginning...Adam was one. God wounded his side and took out a woman who prepared a feast that he ate. Her desire was to be for her husband, but something happened by that tree and she desired otherwise and reasoned with another and acted upon it...and God saying "Thou shalt not eat..." Now two must become ONE (again), ending the duality within (Galatians 5). He who has the bride is the bridegroom.

Through Christ/The Door, reconciled back to the Father...where we are eating...mind of flesh/man or mind of Christ...Being blinded by the light that we might SEE Truth high and lifted up. For a truth cast to the ground becomes a serpent in our garden, though God promises us a place where the wicked one toucheth us not...which all comes back to the question to the first Adam, "Where art thou?"...asking, seeking and knocking on The Door and it will be opened...

If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me.

Behold the lamb of God which taketh away the sin of the world...the lamb slain before the foundation of the world.

Upvote 0

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟74,422.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi sin is really 3 things and the definition of sin is really literally a archery term for missing the mark. So to boil it down a little there are sins of commission that is we did or thought things that are off the mark and secondly there are sins of omission that is things we should have done and failed to do so.
The 3rd definition of sin is really that in Adam we all have sin in our DNA and it is part of even our very being. The man who is regenerated is now really having both the nature of Christ and the nature of Adam fighting it out inside of us. The path towards maturity is learning to crucify that old man and let the knew one take over. That is the hope that this corruption shall put on incorruption. The sinful nature will die off and only the nature of Christ will be raised. This is the promise of eternal life and why we have an adoption and an inheritance. When getting down to the brass tacks of do's and dont's there are many factors that play in and say a new believer goes to church and is wearing something a bit too revealing for her she knows not that is wrong yet and for her she would be innocent of that. But say the preacher talks about the inner woman and not stumbling the brothers by the way she presents herself and she decides to wear something risque anyways now it is sin. God knows every though and intent of the heart and we should spend much time seeking to please him. God is not laying a guilt trip on us but the path of Christ will not include sin and will be the one that leads to the highest fulfilment in life. We all will miss the mark on what Christ could have done in our lives even the most righteous of us. We press on knowing that the end we will finally get a full release from the sinful nature so as long as we are here that should be our aim now. The closer you look into the perfection in Jesus the greater our flaws are exposed. This exposure is always an invitation to fix the flaw and move on to the next one.

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

The human body is just a tent/house/temple dwelling place of God...for the spirit. DNA had nothing to do with what Adam and the woman did in the garden. It had to do with desires of the heart/mind...and the voice hearkened to...

Genesis 3:6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

7 And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.

James 1:14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

This old tent will return to the dust, it is the spirit (within) that lives... eternally (lasting or existing forever; without end or beginning).

Upvote 0

discipler7

Oct 5, 2017
tog
✟42,302.00
Country
Heard Island And Mcdonald Islands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sin is anything that is not of faith.

Romans 14:23
And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.
GALATIANS.3: =
The Law Brings a Curse
10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse; for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who does not continue in all things which are written in the book of the law, to do them.” 11 But that no one is justified by the law in the sight of God is evident, for “the just shall live by faith. 12 Yet the law is not of faith, but “the man who does them shall live by them.”

13 Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree”), 14 that the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _

Remember that Paul, the apostle to the Gentiles, often preached against the Judaizers, ie those early Jewish Christians who had demanded that new Gentile Christians(GC) should also keep Moses Law and be like them, eg be circumcised, eat kosher foods, etc.(GAL.2:9-14, ACTS.15:24-29)

Paul insisted that new GC did not have to keep the whole of Moses Law because it would have been too burdensome for them and that the Law was not essential for salvation.(eg the robber who was crucified next to Jesus at LUKE.23:43 was saved from hell)
... In fact, the Jews today still "falsely" think that they will be saved from hell (= go to heaven when they die, eg LUKE.16:19-31) by just keeping Moses Law, as many as possible, and believing in God/YHWH, ie no need to also believe in Jesus as the Messiah/Christ/Savior.

The Jews believe that their Messiah/Christ will be coming to earth soon(= 1st Advent) to "save" them from their enemies.
... Similarly, the Muslims believe that their Mahdi/Messiah will be coming to earth soon(= 1st Advent) to save and avenge them.
... Whereas, the Christians believe that Jesus Christ will be coming back to earth soon(= 2nd Advent) to rapture or resurrect them into the clouds(1THESS.4:16), destroy this earth and all the unbelievers on it(REV.6 & 7), create a new earth(REV.21:1) and spend a Millennium or 1,000 years with the believers on this new earth.

Paul's preaching against the Judaizers and 'Law vs Grace' did not mean that Paul was encouraging new GC to wantonly and ignorantly sin/do evil or break the Law, as evidenced by ROMANS.6: =
"15 What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? Certainly not! 16 Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey, you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether of sin leading to death, or of obedience leading to righteousness?"

Upvote 0

disciple1

Aug 1, 2012
✟62,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Who's right...?

Comments...?

God Bless!
Romans chapter 14 verse 23
But whoever has doubts is condemned if they eat, because their eating is not from faith; and everything that does not come from faith is sin.

Galatians chapter 5 verse 6
The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself in love.

Upvote 0