What is and is not a sin... The correct view of sin...?

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

Some say just about everything is a sin, some say some things are under some circumstances and not in others, then some others say "not everything we think is a sin, is a sin", and I would like those ones to explain further...? They seem to have a narrower view of sin, while having to broad a view of sin, makes everything a sin...

Who's right...?

Comments...?

God Bless!

According to Romans 3:20, the Law was given to make us conscious of sin, according to Romans 7:7, Paul would not have known what sin is if it weren't for the Law, according to 1 John 3:4, sin is defined as the transgression of God's Torah, and according to Matthew 4:17-23, when Jesus began his ministry with the Gospel message to repent of our sins for the Kingdom of God is at hand, the Torah is how they knew what to repent of doing. The Torah does not specifically prohibit every action that is sinful, but rather the Torah is spiritual (Romans 7:14), so it has always been intended to teach us deeper spiritual principles of which the listed instructions are just examples. With that said, there are circumstance where it appears that some of the instructions conflict, such as what happens when someone wants to keep the command to circumcise their baby on the 8th day and it happens to fall on the Sabbath. However, it would not be the case that they were forced to sin by breaking one of the two commands, but that one of the commands was never intended to prohibit the other command from being obeyed, so it would not be a sin to circumcise a baby on the Sabbath.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Is nearly everything sin, or not...?

In my view of sin, almost everything is or seems to be, and seems to be that being "only human" as they say, or acting in human ways, or having emotions and feelings and acting out of those emotions and feelings is, "wrong" or a sin, or sinful...

Is being weak of having moments of weakness a sin... Is being too strong...?

Is my view wrong...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Lily of Valleys

Jun 30, 2017
Australia
✟68,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In my view of sin, almost everything is or seems to be, and seems to be that being "only human" as they say, or acting in human ways, or having emotions and feelings and acting out of those emotions and feelings is, "wrong" or a sin, or sinful...
You can have emotions and feelings yet do not sin. Jesus was a good example.

Be angry, and yet do not sin; do not let the sun go down on your anger (Ephesians 4:26)

Then Jesus came with them to a place called Gethsemane, and said to His disciples, “Sit here while I go over there and pray.” And He took with Him Peter and the two sons of Zebedee, and began to be grieved and distressed. Then He said to them, “My soul is deeply grieved, to the point of death; remain here and keep watch with Me.” (Matthew 26:36-38 NASB)

• Optimistic
Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

Lily of Valleys

Jun 30, 2017
Australia
✟68,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is being weak of having moments of weakness a sin... Is being too strong...?

And He has said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.” Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me. Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ’s sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong. (2 Corinthians 12:9-10 NASB)

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
The problem with trying to impose any commandments or requirements on anybody, from anyone, including God himself, is/are many...

Were individuals for one thing, and each has to be considered on an individual by individual basis, cause each case, judicially is each very unique and specific, and there cannot be one rule or one law for all, across the board and it be just... And since God is not unjust... Well...?

Each person is a unique person, with very unique and different histories, personalities, situations, circumstances, (factor's) you name it, and none are exactly alike...

We also all each operate on different timetables than another, and some take longer to mature than others, and others, not as long (which can be tied or linked to each individual's individual cases or circumstances...

What requirements other than faith or believing, in Christ, and maybe Love, whatever is required of someone by God other than that, (and there may be some (more)) (but it will be just you, and just for you, and custom tailored to and for you, not necessarily the same for someone else)... Anyhow, whatever (more) is required by someone other than those, would be between that person and God alone, and, I do not see how any mere man thinks he can judge such things...

There are just to many factor's that would need to be considered and known, and I am of the opinion that only God can do that or know that, and judge, perfectly...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟74,422.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Paul said whatever is not of faith is sin.
Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.

We often rely on our own heart and eat its understanding...

Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

lastofall

Aug 6, 2016
Germany
✟30,996.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"..for whatsoever is not of faith is sin." (Romans 14:23)

"Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin." (James 4:17)

"for sin is the transgression of the law." (1 John 3:4)

"All unrighteousness is sin." (1 John 5:17)

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sin is when something misses the mark, i.e. is not like God is, or doesn't act like God acts. With this is view, it is important to understand that if parents put up with their kids when they "miss the mark" how much more will the Heavenly Father whose expression of character is the very definition of love? Food for thought.
Sin isn't so much what you do, but what it does to you. Sin in Romans 7 is described as a law within the body, much like the perfect law of liberty in James ... not a list of offenses, but a living nature that exists in opposition to God living in our bodies and all creation because the first humans allowed it.
The proper view of sin is not to thwack every limb for every offense .. or sever for that matter. The proper view is to look at what God does to try and lead us to repentance ... he expresses kindness, this is what is expressed after a particularly long list of sins in Romans Chapter 1. That kindness is the approach God is taking to lead people to walk in the opposite direction .. and I'd think God knows best, yeah?

Hi Michael, I was curious to unravel the wording "Trying too hard is missing the mark." in Col 2:20-23, so I read the chapter carefully, and to help here it is --
------
1 I want you to know how hard I am contending for you and for those at Laodicea, and for all who have not met me personally. 2 My goal is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ, 3in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. 4I tell you this so that no one may deceive you by fine-sounding arguments. 5For though I am absent from you in body, I am present with you in spirit and delight to see how disciplined you are and how firm your faith in Christ is.

Spiritual Fullness in Christ

6So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him, 7rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.

8See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the elemental spiritual forcesa of this world rather than on Christ.

9For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form, 10and in Christ you have been brought to fullness. He is the head over every power and authority. 11In him you were also circumcised with a circumcision not performed by human hands. Your whole self ruled by the fleshbwas put off when you were circumcised byc Christ, 12having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through your faith in the working of God, who raised him from the dead.

13When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made youdalive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins, 14having canceled the charge of our legal indebtedness, which stood against us and condemned us; he has taken it away, nailing it to the cross. 15And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross.e

Freedom From Human Rules

16Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. 17These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ. 18Do not let anyone who delights in false humility and the worship of angels disqualify you. Such a person also goes into great detail about what they have seen; they are puffed up with idle notions by their unspiritual mind. 19They have lost connection with the head, from whom the whole body, supported and held together by its ligaments and sinews, grows as God causes it to grow.

20 Since you died with Christ to the elemental spiritual forces of this world, why, as though you still belonged to the world, do you submit to its rules: 21 “Do not handle! Do not taste! Do not touch!”? 22 These rules, which have to do with things that are all destined to perish with use, are based on merely human commands and teachings. 23 Such regulations indeed have an appearance of wisdom, with their self-imposed worship, their false humility and their harsh treatment of the body, but they lack any value in restraining sensual indulgence.
------

There are many valuable things in the chapter, such as that Christ is the head of the church, and that we must stay in connection to Him, which is powerfully laid out in John chapter 15, v1-17, even in a way that we must have, as Christ said this is the only way to bear true fruit, which He said we must do or we would be cut of the true vine (if we refused to bear that fruit), and then "cast into the fire". But to bear that fruit comes from believing and abiding in Him and keeping His words and following Him.

In verses 20-23 above in Col 2 we can see Paul explaining that various rules of careful handling of items, exact foods to eat and to not eat, and such as a way to being more holy are not the way.

Instead Christ is the way, and being connected, remaining in Him, is the way. (John 15)

So, to paraphrase with words like you use, instead of working harder to add more rules, instead we do not add more rules, but instead we follow the way Christ said to us to follow, His way.

It reminds us of the phrasing instead of working harder we are to work smarter. But the 'smarter' here is also a life jacket no less -- to abide in Christ, in His words, looking to Him, keeping our focus on Him. It's as we learn reading in the gospel of John, that even hearing (truly listening) to His words helps us. Through abiding in Him, we follow Him, as our response.

"My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me."

I don't know if some may say it is 'trying harder' when we do as Christ said, but some might, because the same words are often used in different ways by different people.

That 'trying harder' (for a person that uses the words in that different way) would be to keep our focus on Him, and to rely on Him, and to listen to His words, and believe on Him, and pray as He said to us to pray, and follow the urge of the spirit when we are to repent, and when we pray, and when we reach out to a neighbor or a member of the church, to keep His commandment to us to love one another.

It's not really trying harder when we do this He said --

28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

It seems as we focus on Him, and learn His Words to us, as we really listen to Him, then to love becomes easier.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

discipler7

Oct 5, 2017
tog
✟42,302.00
Country
Heard Island And Mcdonald Islands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Paul said whatever is not of faith is sin.
ROMANS.14: =
The Law of Liberty
1 Receive one who is weak in the faith, but not to disputes over doubtful things. 2 For one believes he may eat all things, but he who is weak eats only vegetables. 3 Let not him who eats despise him who does not eat, and let not him who does not eat judge him who eats; for God has received him. 4 Who are you to judge another’s servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand.

5 One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind. 6 He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord; and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks. 7 For none of us lives to himself, and no one dies to himself. 8 For if we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. Therefore, whether we live or die, we are the Lord’s. 9 For to this end Christ died and rose and lived again, that He might be Lord of both the dead and the living. 10 But why do you judge your brother? Or why do you show contempt for your brother? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ. 11 For it is written:

As I live, says the Lord,
Every knee shall bow to Me,
And every tongue shall confess to God.”

12 So then each of us shall give account of himself to God. 13 Therefore let us not judge one another anymore, but rather resolve this, not to put a stumbling block or a cause to fall in our brother’s way.

The Law of Love
14 I know and am convinced by the Lord Jesus that there is nothing unclean of itself; but to him who considers anything to be unclean, to him it is unclean. 15 Yet if your brother is grieved because of your food, you are no longer walking in love. Do not destroy with your food the one for whom Christ died. 16 Therefore do not let your good be spoken of as evil; 17 for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. 18 For he who serves Christ in these things is acceptable to God and approved by men.

19 Therefore let us pursue the things which make for peace and the things by which one may edify another. 20 Do not destroy the work of God for the sake of food. All things indeed are pure, but it is evil for the man who eats with offense. 21 It is good neither to eat meat nor drink wine nor do anything by which your brother stumbles or is offended or is made weak. 22 Do you have faith? Have it to yourself before God. Happy is he who does not condemn himself in what he approves. 23 But he who doubts is condemned if he eats, because he does not eat from faith; for whatever is not from faith is sin.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _
ROMANS.14:23 put in its proper context, above, ... ie to doubt the Law and then keep the Law is a sin/evil-deed, and to have faith/trust/belief in the Law and then keep the Law is not a sin/evil-deed. It is pointless to keep the Law if one does not believe or have faith in God's Law, eg ...
" 28 For it seemed good to the Holy Spirit, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things: 29 that you abstain from things offered to idols, from blood, from things strangled, and from sexual immorality. If you keep yourselves from these, you will do well."(ACTS.15:28-29) (DEUT.28)

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Hi Michael, I was curious to unravel the wording "Trying too hard is missing the mark." in Col 2:20-23, so I read the chapter carefully, and to help here it is --
------
1 I want you to know how hard I am contending for you and for those at Laodicea, and for all who have not met me personally. 2 My goal is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ, 3in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. 4I tell you this so that no one may deceive you by fine-sounding arguments. 5For though I am absent from you in body, I am present with you in spirit and delight to see how disciplined you are and how firm your faith in Christ is.

Spiritual Fullness in Christ

6So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him, 7rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.

8See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the elemental spiritual forcesa of this world rather than on Christ.

9For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form, 10and in Christ you have been brought to fullness. He is the head over every power and authority. 11In him you were also circumcised with a circumcision not performed by human hands. Your whole self ruled by the fleshbwas put off when you were circumcised byc Christ, 12having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through your faith in the working of God, who raised him from the dead.

13When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made youdalive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins, 14having canceled the charge of our legal indebtedness, which stood against us and condemned us; he has taken it away, nailing it to the cross. 15And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross.e

Freedom From Human Rules

16Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. 17These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ. 18Do not let anyone who delights in false humility and the worship of angels disqualify you. Such a person also goes into great detail about what they have seen; they are puffed up with idle notions by their unspiritual mind. 19They have lost connection with the head, from whom the whole body, supported and held together by its ligaments and sinews, grows as God causes it to grow.

20 Since you died with Christ to the elemental spiritual forces of this world, why, as though you still belonged to the world, do you submit to its rules: 21 “Do not handle! Do not taste! Do not touch!”? 22 These rules, which have to do with things that are all destined to perish with use, are based on merely human commands and teachings. 23 Such regulations indeed have an appearance of wisdom, with their self-imposed worship, their false humility and their harsh treatment of the body, but they lack any value in restraining sensual indulgence.
------

There are many valuable things in the chapter, such as that Christ is the head of the church, and that we must stay in connection to Him, which is powerfully laid out in John chapter 15, v1-17, even in a way that we must have, as Christ said this is the only way to bear true fruit, which He said we must do or we would be cut of the true vine (if we refused to bear that fruit), and then "cast into the fire". But to bear that fruit comes from believing and abiding in Him and keeping His words and following Him.

In verses 20-23 above in Col 2 we can see Paul explaining that various rules of careful handling of items, exact foods to eat and to not eat, and such as a way to being more holy are not the way.

Instead Christ is the way, and being connected, remaining in Him, is the way. (John 15)

So, to paraphrase with words like you use, instead of working harder to add more rules, instead we do not add more rules, but instead we follow the way Christ said to us to follow, His way.

It reminds us of the phrasing instead of working harder we are to work smarter. But the 'smarter' here is also a life jacket no less -- to abide in Christ, in His words, looking to Him, keeping our focus on Him. It's as we learn reading in the gospel of John, that even hearing (truly listening) to His words helps us. Through abiding in Him, we follow Him, as our response.

"My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me."

I don't know if some may say it is 'trying harder' when we do as Christ said, but some might, because the same words are often used in different ways by different people.

That 'trying harder' (for a person that uses the words in that different way) would be to keep our focus on Him, and to rely on Him, and to listen to His words, and believe on Him, and pray as He said to us to pray, and follow the urge of the spirit when we are to repent, and when we pray, and when we reach out to a neighbor or a member of the church, to keep His commandment to us to love one another.

It's not really trying harder when we do this He said --

28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

It seems as we focus on Him, and learn His Words to us, as we really listen to Him, then to love becomes easier.

I recall that I worded it that way due to lack of space allotted for that part of the profile.

I think because the "do not do" commandments have no value in restraining sensual indulgence, it's missing the mark to try and accomplish by our own self effort what happens when we trust God. thus "trying too hard is missing the mark"

Upvote 0

Kelly McArthur

Oct 11, 2017
Douglas Area
✟6,220.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Some say just about everything is a sin, some say some things are under some circumstances and not in others, then some others say "not everything we think is a sin, is a sin", and I would like those ones to explain further...? They seem to have a narrower view of sin, while having to broad a view of sin, makes everything a sin...

Who's right...?

Comments...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kelly McArthur

Oct 11, 2017
Douglas Area
✟6,220.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Satan is accusing the brothers day and night before the throne of God and not before Jesus. Jesus loves you, he really does, he said that when your heart condemns you he does not.

We learn to self correct along the Way with Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Paul would not have known what sin is if it weren't for the Law
YHWH told Cain sin is crouching at the door, right?
(long before TORAH was given to MOSES and to ISREAL.)
So, then, didn't Cain know he was sinning, / know what sin is ... ?

I know TORAH made sin more fully 'exposed' to those who are YHWH'S people, and they with TORAH will be judged by or under or with TORAH...
but
I just wonder how much or how little "sin is known" only because of TORAH ?

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
YHWH told Cain sin is crouching at the door, right?
(long before TORAH was given to MOSES and to ISREAL.)
So, then, didn't Cain know he was sinning, / know what sin is ... ?

I know TORAH made sin more fully 'exposed' to those who are YHWH'S people, and they with TORAH will be judged by or under or with TORAH...
but
I just wonder how much or how little "sin is known" only because of TORAH ?

It would be easier to understand "Torah" as referring to the instructions of God, and as such Cain would have had to have been given Torah in order to know what sin is, to know that he should make offerings, and to know what he should offer. There much much evidence of God's instructions for how to walk in His ways already being in place throughout Genesis prior to when they were given at Sinai, so we would have no idea what sin is apart from the instructions of God. It would have been unjust for God to judge the world with a flood if they had no idea what they were doing wrong and if God couldn't judge them according to His righteous standard, which the Torah reveals, then He would have had no grounds by which to judge them, so they must have been aware of God's Torah and under it as well.

Upvote 0

Kelly McArthur

Oct 11, 2017
Douglas Area
✟6,220.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I hear you and you're right, if not for the Law, we would never know goodness and mercy. Because of the Law we work with God to straighten ourselves out yet we can't; even our smallest thoughts are held against us; greed, selfish desire, sexual impurity, lust & everyone is acquainted in micro or macro sin, not one is innocent of not knowing sin/wrong doing/evil desires. Sin abides in the flesh and the flesh is corrupted, cannot cross over from this life to the next and is organic and destined to die returning to dust. What's inside is this carnal body is what counts, the pearl of great price within the field and how to understand the inner part is a mystery revealed only through Jesus Christ our Personal Lord and Savour.

The soul abides within the flesh. It's called pure virginal Light. Its liken to a seed, part of the body broken within from the Father, not fully formed and is sensitive to guilt and shame (sin). The mind is renewed as a Christ with Jesus allowing the soul to transform within forming the body. The mind of Him made Christ goes from believing to knowing. Jesus wants us to know the Truth and be set free from the bondage of sin and death.

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I hear you and you're right, if not for the Law, we would never know goodness and mercy. Because of the Law we work with God to straighten ourselves out yet we can't; even our smallest thoughts are held against us; greed, selfish desire, sexual impurity, lust & everyone is acquainted in micro or macro sin, not one is innocent of not knowing sin/wrong doing/evil desires. Sin abides in the flesh and the flesh is corrupted, cannot cross over from this life to the next and is organic and destined to die returning to dust. What's inside is this carnal body is what counts, the pearl of great price within the field and how to understand the inner part is a mystery revealed only through Jesus Christ our Personal Lord and Savour.

The soul abides within the flesh. It's called pure virginal Light. Its liken to a seed, part of the body broken within from the Father, not fully formed and is sensitive to guilt and shame (sin). The mind is renewed as a Christ with Jesus allowing the soul to transform within forming the body. The mind of Him made Christ goes from believing to knowing. Jesus wants us to know the Truth and be set free from the bondage of sin and death.

According to Deuteronomy 30:11-14, God said that what He commanded was not too difficult for us to do, but that His Word is near us, in our hearts and in our minds so that we can do it, and Romans 10:5-10 quotes that passage in regard to what our faith says, so the idea that we can't obey the Law is false. If it we impossible for us to obey, then we could not be held responsible for not obeying it. The Law itself comes with instructions for what to do when we fail to obey it perfectly, so it was not given with the expectation of perfection, but with the expectation that we would continue to repent and turn back to obedience. Every single prophet up to and including Jesus came with the message of repentance from our sins in transgression of God's Law, so repentance has always been the key distinction been obeying the Law and not obey it. According to Deuteronomy 30:15-20, obedience to the Law brings life and a blessing, while disobedience brings death and a curse, but if we needed perfect obedience to avoid being put under a curse, then we would all fall short, and God would have essentially given the Law in order to curse His children, and I think our Father knows how to give better gifts to His children than that, especially when He said that the Law was given for our own good (Deuteronomy 6:24, Deuteronomy 10:12-13). Jesus wants us to know the truth and according to Psalms 119:142, God's Law is truth.

Upvote 0