• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Featured What is a born again christian and can I be one?

Discussion in 'Controversial Christian Theology' started by Chgz, Mar 9, 2016.

1. ScottA

ScottA Author: Walking Like Einstein Supporter

+657
    Christian
    Married
    Oookay, here it comes...let's hear it. You have the floor.

2. Yeshua HaDerekh

Yeshua HaDerekh Men can dream of truth, but then cant live with it

+1,795
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    You were close here...try again

3. ScottA

+657
    Christian
    Married
    No. Please make your point.

4. Yeshua HaDerekh

+1,795
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’ The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit.”

How is one born of water? How is one born of the Spirit?

5. ScottA

+657
    Christian
    Married
    Please finish by answering the question.

6. Yeshua HaDerekh

+1,795
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    So you do not know? How many times can one be born?

7. ScottA

+657
    Christian
    Married
    You started by making a claim, but have yet to explain or to make your point. Make your point.

8. Yeshua HaDerekh

+1,795
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    My point was that nobody seems to understand the truth of Yeshua's statement on being born again. You seemed to think you knew. So I am asking you to answer some questions but you do not seem to want to answer them. Do you always require spoon feeding? Can you have a second birth without the first? Are you born again?

9. ScottA

+657
    Christian
    Married
    What you did, was to insinuate that you knew the only true understanding of what it means to be born again...and instead of sharing it, you have begun to play a game of 20 questions...which I have refused to play.

So, share your knowledge, or not.

10. episkopos

episkopos Newbie

+14
    Charismatic
    Single
    The LORD explicitly said in john 3 that except a man be born again he cannot enter the kingdom of God. He continued that except a man be born of the water and the spirit he cannot enter the kingdom! A book entitled "How to born again and avoid hell" goes into discourses about the topic.

11. Yeshua HaDerekh

+1,795
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    I am not playing games. If you cant or wont answer the questions then you cant or wont have understanding.

12. Yeshua HaDerekh

+1,795
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    Do you fit that description? John 18:36 Jesus said, “My kingdom is not of this world."

13. ScottA

+657
    Christian
    Married
    A game of twenty questions does not save, but one word from God, does. On the contrary, you have offered only questions.

14. Yeshua HaDerekh

+1,795
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    I have offered understanding which you do not want to be part of...instead you say it is a game.

15. ScottA

+657
    Christian
    Married
    What understanding? Spit it out.

16. Yeshua HaDerekh

+1,795
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    What you think is a "born again Christian" is not the same thing that was told to Nakdimon by Yeshua.

17. ToBeLoved

ToBeLoved Well-Known Member Supporter

+5,668
    Non-Denom
    Private
    This is an odd thread. I think I shall leave and unfollow.

18. Open Heart

Open Heart Well-Known Member

+4,321
    United States
    Seeker
    Celibate
    If you are baptised and was Christian, you are already born again. But you fell away and need to repent and return. Find a Bible and read the story of the Prodigal son. Luke 15:11-32. It's the story of the Son of a loving father who rebels and leaves home and makes a mess of his life. He humbly returns home, expecting to be a servant, but his father runs and to greet him and throws a party for his return. That's you!

What you need to do is this: Confess and repent. Find a wise, mature Christian that you can talk to. It really will make a difference to do this with another person. James 2:24 says to confess your sins one to another. Tell this person the wrongs you have done. Explain why you got involved in Wicca. Tell why you want to come home to Christ. Pray together with him, asking God for forgiveness. This will restore you to Christ. Make a plan to redress the wrongs you did for others. Make a plan to change your life to walk a better way, making prayer a way of life, being part of the Body (attending Church), receiving communion, studying the Scriptures, etc.

Because I am Catholic, I of course suggest confessing to a Catholic priest. If you are not baptized Catholic, that may be a little awkward, but it is not unheard of. But the important thing is that you confess and repent any way you can.

The term "born again" comes from a passage in John chapter 3 where Jesus says we must be born from above. He says we must be born of water (baptism) and spirit (belief). Our first birth is our earthly birth. our spiritual birth, the birth that Jesus is talking about, is being born "again." It means when we repent and are baptised and confess Jesus as our Lord, crucified, raised from the dead, and coming again, we are transformed on the inside.

19. Geralt

Geralt Reformed Supporter

+252
    Christian
    Private
    not true. the spiritual birth "born again" has NO prerequisite, esp nothing you need to do.
    you have NO control over it, it is entirely God's work.

20. Yeshua HaDerekh

+1,795
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    Have you ever read the WHOLE passage? That is NOT what it means. First you say it I Baptism then you say it is our earthly birth. You have it half right. Yeshua is the only one who is first born among the dead.