Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I'm just curious, I'm not looking to argue anything I just wanted to ask those who believe in the pre-tribulation rapture: if it should not happen or you are not taken what would you do?

If all the signs are there that we are indeed in the Great Tribulation, perhaps you've lost everything, perhaps you're languishing in a war-torn area, have no food, the absolute worst case scenario imaginable and you're still here on earth, how would you feel? Would you lose faith in God or lose faith in yourself, or lose faith in the doctrine?

This isn't a fight. I'm just curious if others have contemplated the possibility of being left behind.

We've been living in tribulation for the last two thousand years. But the Lord told us this much in John 16:33, that in this world we would have tribulation, but we should not fear but rather be courageous for Christ has already conquered the world.

As long as we live in this fallen world, there's going to be tribulation. While, for many of us, it's not as bad as it is for many others today, and certainly not how things have been at various times in the past. We can look back at the history of the Roman persecutions to see just how bad things have been. But it's still tribulation, this is still a world filled with troubles, with struggles. But Christ gives us the strength, by His grace, to live, to endure, to find boldness even in the midst of trouble.

He said to St. Paul, "My grace is sufficient for you, My power is made manifest in weakness"; so even in our weakness, He is strong, just like the old Sunday school song, "Jesus Loves Me": "Little ones to Him belong, they are weak, but He is strong". We are the little ones of Christ, little lambs of His pasture, He keeps us safe in Him. And when we get lost, He goes and He finds us and gets us back.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,423.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I'm just curious, I'm not looking to argue anything I just wanted to ask those who believe in the pre-tribulation rapture: if it should not happen or you are not taken what would you do?

If all the signs are there that we are indeed in the Great Tribulation, perhaps you've lost everything, perhaps you're languishing in a war-torn area, have no food, the absolute worst case scenario imaginable and you're still here on earth, how would you feel? Would you lose faith in God or lose faith in yourself, or lose faith in the doctrine?

This isn't a fight. I'm just curious if others have contemplated the possibility of being left behind.
I think it should be time for those people to read 2 Thessalonians 2 again.
since that's the context of 2 Thessalonians 2, is people had preached an imminent return of Christ and Paul actually said, it's not "at hand" it's not imminent, but there will be 2 signs first, Apostasy, and revealing of the son of perdition. Paul was teaching them that they had NOT been left behind.

There is no secret pretribulation poof taught in the bible, 1 Thessalonians 4 teaches a very overt rapture, that the Lord comes down from heaven with a shout and with the trump of God. It's not secret or hidden.

Upvote 0

dfw69

Pre-Tribulation Pre- False Messianic Age
Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
None of the pre-tribbers are answering.

I am pretrib I answered the question
Maybe the thought of having waited only to find out that the AC has been revealed and the mark of the beast is being declared WHILE THEY'RE STILL HERE is too frightening a thought to them.

If an ac is revealed and some mark of beast implemented it’s a copycat because the scripture is clear when and how it takes place

We are lambs before the slaughter and death is a part of life, for now !

It’s not going to take place as you say that no rapture takes place and the ac and mark and wrath comes and we all are caught unaware … a copycat is a different story though

This is why I would like to encourage them to prepare spiritually (far more important than physical prepping) so that they won't panic and fall away and betray others to try save themselves from the antichrist's persecution and execution of us.

Keeps the faith even unto death

I just want to remind them that death isn't horrible for us anymore, because Christ died for us so that when we do get executed - especially because we are loyal to Him - that we are still safe in Him. We WILL be resurrected.
Tell that to the lambs who cry out as they are being slaughtered day and night … I’m sure it was frightening for them regardless of what faith they possessed

Yes we will be resurrected amen
So it doesn't matter if you're too afraid to answer the OP's question. Just continue to build your faith and fellowship with God so that when the AC is revealed, you won't be part of the massive falling away.
The ac will not be revealed in our lifetime
Nor the wrath falls in our day and age

But a copycat to established a false messianic age is a different story

In terms of the mark of the beast, we as Christians - if we really do believe and love the Lord - will no longer be able to buy and sell. First and foremost, have faith that the Lord will provide for you as He did for his people when they left Egypt to come to the promised land. Also remember Elijah who was fed by the birds during the three-year drought. And also remember Noah and Joseph who listened to God and prepared according to HIS instructions. You don't necessarily have to become a prepper - just do EXACTLY what He wants you to do if He has instructions for you specifically. There may be different instructions for each individual Christian. But either way - we all must build our faith up so that our faith can withstand the terrible things to come.
Good advice but again the ac and wrath is not going to happen anytime soon
Remember when the AC's persecution and prophesied conquering of us comes true, make sure to endure to the end. Jesus already told us all these things will happen so that we can prepare. If we do so, we will be victorious over the AC and his followers even in death. The AC and his followers will see us again - whole and alive - with the Lord and regret having killed us.
Again good advice but your born in the wrong age to give this advice to … perhaps , if the internet is still up in those days that they may read your post, but I seriously doubt it …

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Second Time is the Charm

Feb 17, 2023
The South
✟14,121.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
… a copycat is a different story though

But a copycat to established a false messianic age is a different story

Good advice but again the ac and wrath is not going to happen anytime soon

This is the first time I've ever heard that there could be copycat situation. That's just bizarre! Where did this come from?

So when this copycat event takes place, you'll take the mark because you won't think it's the mark of the beast?

Also you seem so sure that all these events you're afraid of won't happen in your lifetime. What makes you so sure?

I'm very curious what you have to say....

Reactions: dfw69
Upvote 0

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is the first time I've ever heard that there could be copycat situation. That's just bizarre! Where did this come from?
Really? Blue beam project could fake a Christ like appearing and say he reigns in the newly built temple in Jerusalem and implement some law to govern the world

I’m not saying that is going to take place but this is just an example of a copycat scenario

Not bizarre at all if the leaders of the world seek to deceive the masses to create a one world government of some sort like a false Messianic age

So when this copycat event takes place, you'll take the mark because you won't think it's the mark of the beast?
Depends on what the supposed mark of the beast is … if it’s to deny Christ then no we are not to accept it ..right?

What is the mark of the beast iyo if I may ask? What do you think it is or could be?

Also you seem so sure that all these events you're afraid of won't happen in your lifetime. What makes you so sure?
Why am I so sure ? Lots of reason’s really based on what the scriptures teach and my study of them

Why do u think I’m afraid of such things.. can you feel my trembling heart from your device you are using lol

No I’m not afraid of something that I know is not taking place anytime soon even if the enemies of Christ rise up to destroy us we must keep the faith …right?

But then again it is a scary thing when the enemies of Christ make plans to destroy his religion and end the reign of Christianity on earth … right?

But to be afraid of the wrath to come from our father upon those who persecute us is something we should not be afraid of , because it’s for his enemies not his children

But what makes you so sure that the ac beast worship and mark is coming soon?

I'm very curious what you have to say....
The rest of the barley harvest must be gathered first … Jesus was the first fruit of that harvest and we are the completion of it when it happens

The wheat harvest comes next and that takes place at the end of the false messianic age to come

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Second Time is the Charm

Feb 17, 2023
The South
✟14,121.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Really? Blue beam project could fake a Christ like appearing and say he reigns in the newly built temple in Jerusalem and implement some law to govern the world

I’m not saying that is going to take place but this is just an example of a copycat scenario

Not bizarre at all if the leaders of the world seek to deceive the masses to create a one world government of some sort like a false Messianic age

Meh, you're just speculating. I thought you saw something in the Bible about a copycat Messianic age.

Depends on what the supposed mark of the beast is … if it’s to deny Christ then no we are not to accept it ..right?

I was wondering if you'd know the difference. :smirk:

But to be afraid of the wrath to come from our father upon those who persecute us is something we should not be afraid of , because it’s for his enemies not his children

The great tribulation is not God's wrath though. It's Satan's wrath against the Lord and His people. And we needn't be afraid of Satan's wrath either because death will have no sting or hold on us who belong to the Lord.

God's wrath will occur after the great tribulation around the time the Lord comes to collect His people, dead or alive.

If you don't want to believe that, I'm not really trying to convince you.

But what makes you so sure that the ac beast worship and mark is coming soon?

Lots of things. We're suppose to watch world events to gauge how close we are to the last days. If you can't see it then what makes you think whatever I say will convince you?

The rest of the barley harvest must be gathered first … Jesus was the first fruit of that harvest and we are the completion of it when it happens

The wheat harvest comes next and that takes place at the end of the false messianic age to come

Meh, if you say so. Do whatever you like.

I've seen the rapture debate rage for so long. I personally think it's pointless to argue about it. You get ready the way you want. And I'll get ready the way I want.

Upvote 0

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Meh, you're just speculating. I thought you saw something in the Bible about a copycat Messianic age.

I was pointing out it’s possible

I was wondering if you'd know the difference. :smirk:

The true mark of the beast will come when the ac claims to be god and sits in the temple as god and puts an idol of himself to be worshipped ..its called the AOD . And then the mark will be implemented which is 3 things according to scripture the mark (Aleph tav) his name the number of his name

The great tribulation is not God's wrath though.
the rise of antichrist begins with the 1 seal opened by Jesus himself

It's Satan's wrath against the Lord and His people.

Are you referring to Rev 12:17 when satan is cast down and has great wrath? If so the scriptures say he is attacking Israel the woman clothed with the sun moon and stars offspring

And we needn't be afraid of Satan's wrath either because death will have no sting or hold on us who belong to the Lord.

We needn’t be afraid because it’s not gonna happen in our lifetime :)

God's wrath will occur after the great tribulation around the time the Lord comes to collect His people, dead or alive.
the rapture of the church will have happened many years before this takes place

But yes the lord will resurrect the dead and gather the scattered sheep of the house of Israel in the last days to reign over them and establish the millennium

And he will gather the tares to be judged

If you don't want to believe that, I'm not really trying to convince you.

I understand.. but don’t be afraid to learn new things that may not line up with what you believe…if you disagree and they come true it can be helpful … I always put new thing aside jic I missed something

Lots of things. We're suppose to watch world events to gauge how close we are to the last days. If you can't see it then what makes you think whatever I say will convince you?

Lol I’ll give you that one … you cannot convince me the signs we are experiencing now are the true signs of god but man made tragedies most likely to deceive the end is coming so that people will seek answers from unlikely places

I've seen the rapture debate rage for so long. I personally think it's pointless to argue about it. You get ready the way you want. And I'll get ready the way I want.

You get ready for the end times and believe it’s wise to do so

Why not get prepare to be raptured if we are correct in our interpretation? Isn’t it wise to do so as well ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Second Time is the Charm

Feb 17, 2023
The South
✟14,121.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
We needn’t be afraid because it’s not gonna happen in our lifetime :)

I'm not afraid of the great tribulation, the AC, persecution or dying.

But I don't have to take your word for it that it won't happen in this lifetime. Like I'm just going to believe a total stranger on the internet. Smh....

You get ready for the end times and believe it’s wise to do so

Why not get prepare to be raptured if we are correct in our interpretation? Isn’t it wise to do so as well?

I'm pretty convince we won't get raptured before the great tribulation. But do whatever you want according to your beliefs.

Upvote 0

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm not afraid of the great tribulation, the AC, persecution or dying.

I believe u

But I don't have to take your word for it that it won't happen in this lifetime.

No you don’t … so will see

Like I'm just going to believe a total stranger on the internet. Smh....

have I given u a reason to believe I’m lying to you on purpose? I’m just sharing my beliefs with you and you seemed offended by what I’m sharing with you

Is that so wrong to do? Many have shared their beliefs with me in the past … why are u on this forum then if only to share your beliefs but not accept others thoughts on the matter ???

I'm pretty convince we won't get raptured before the great tribulation. But do whatever you want according to your beliefs.

Now it is you that is so sure of yourself… :) lol jk bro .. but seriously don’t be so sure

Personally I believe the rapture will happen in our lifetime
…so that’s a good thing when it does because Jesus will have fulfilled the promises he made to his disciples and us to live with him and his father in heaven

He made a Nazarite covenant that he will not drink of the fruit of the vine till he accomplishes that task and we drink with him in the fathers kingdom in heaven

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Pre-trib rapture isn't going to happen.
Everyone will pass through the furnace that is the Great tribulation.

May The LORD Bless You and Keep You

Shalom Aleichem

Don’t be so sure it may happen in your lifetime you don’t want to miss it it’s gonna be glorious

Personally I believe it will happen soon

The great tribulation is for the enemies of Christ and the wicked who worship satan and hate god and his son

Upvote 0

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think it should be time for those people to read 2 Thessalonians 2 again.
since that's the context of 2 Thessalonians 2, is people had preached an imminent return of Christ and Paul actually said, it's not "at hand" it's not imminent,

Correct

it was the day of the lord that they were afraid of that they were told is at hand meaning the wrath of god has come Isaiah 13:9-11 sounds pretty terrifying

but there will be 2 signs first, Apostasy, and revealing of the son of perdition.
Yes but before the day of the lord and wrath… not the rapture … the rapture will be before these things

just so we are on the same page

Paul was teaching them that they had NOT been left behind.

Yes amen they as well as us will not miss the rapture

There is no secret pretribulation poof taught in the bible, 1 Thessalonians 4 teaches a very overt rapture, that the Lord comes down from heaven with a shout and with the trump of God. It's not secret or hidden.
I agree ☝️

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,423.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Correct

it was the day of the lord that they were afraid of that they were told is at hand meaning the wrath of god has come Isaiah 13:9-11 sounds pretty terrifying

Yes but before the day of the lord and wrath… not the rapture … the rapture will be before these things

just so we are on the same page

Yes amen they as well as us will not miss the rapture

I agree ☝️
I think it's time you read 2 Thessalonians 2 again.

1 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,

There is no separate rapture.
There literally is no doctrine of it in the bible.
The rapture is AT the second coming.
It does not happen without it

1 Thessalonians 4
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

THE Rapture passage leads off with Jesus coming from heaven.

The Day of the Lord is redemption for the believers and wrath for the wicked.

2 Thessalonians 1
3 We are bound to thank God always for you, brethren, as it is meet, because that your faith groweth exceedingly, and the charity of every one of you all toward each other aboundeth;
4 So that we ourselves glory in you in the churches of God for your patience and faith in all your persecutions and tribulations that ye endure:
5 Which is a manifest token of the righteous judgment of God, that ye may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which ye also suffer:
6 Seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you;
7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;
10 When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.

I mean it's over and over and over through scripture that the hope is in the second coming, not a separate pre trib rapture.

That said.. the second coming is much earlier than most people think.
It is NOT Revelation 19 as surprising as people may find that.
The Day of the Lord begins with the 6th seal, and the second coming is on that day (it is not however the 6th seal itself, because Jesus does open the 7th seal, so it won't be earlier than that, but that will be the same day as the 6th, because that is the Day of the Lord.)

Upvote 0

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think it's time you read 2 Thessalonians 2 again.

Let’s read it together

Though Paul mentions our rapture gathering in the beginning, he does not address it till later on in the scripture

He deals with the situation at hand first with no mentioning of a glorious rapture in his exhortation concerning the day of the lord and what will take place

I do have a question for you though … what is “he” that is withholding the apostasy and man of sin revealing that is going to be taking out of the way first so that they will manifest in the future ?

There is no separate rapture.
There literally is no doctrine of it in the bible.

It’s everywhere with the taking of Enoch to Elijah and mostly by our lord.. he is your harbinger of the resurrection and life in heaven and 2 thes 2 testifying of it too

The rapture is AT the second coming.
It does not happen without it

If the rapture was at the second coming then the saints will still yet have to wait for a long time

But I can see why you would think and believe that but it’s not correct brother

Paul is teaching otherwise

If you read this carefully you will see that in this chapter Paul mentions 2 different appointments ..in other words 2 times and seasons ..one for those that belong to the day … and one for those that belong to the night … with 2 different outcomes and 2 different descriptions of 2 entirely different events ..one is salvation… one is judgement …and upon further careful reading they don’t take place at the same time just as the light does not appear at the same time as darkness

THE Rapture passage leads off with Jesus coming from heaven.

Actually Paul say concerning the coming of the lord and our gathering unto him referring to the rapture which he addressed in 2 thes 2:13-16

13 But we ought always to thank God for you, brothers and sisters loved by the Lord, because God chose you as first fruits to be saved through the sanctifying work of the Spirit and through belief in the truth. 14 He called you to this through our gospel, that you might share in the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

(Notice what paul is saying how we will be firstfruits to be saved through the work of the spirit through belief in the truth which is the faith we have in Jesus to save us and take us to heaven and that we will share in the glory of Jesus)

15 So then, brothers and sisters, stand firm and hold fast to the teachings we passed on to you, whether by word of mouth or by letter.

(The gospel is that Jesus made a way to live with the father that so many reject to this day)

16 May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, 17 encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word.

(Notice that we have a good hope to come? Notice the good news ?)

The Day of the Lord is redemption for the believers and wrath for the wicked.

yes but for those who will experience those things in the last days which is many years to come

2 Thessalonians 1

This says nothing about our resurrection and ascension to heaven taking place at the second coming to earth

Here Paul is assuring them that those that trouble them will meet judgment and that judgment will fall on those who do not know god and that obey not the good news which will take place when he comes with his angels … we know all of heaven rejoicing at the destruction of mystery Babylon for she has been guilty since the beginning throughout the ages of the persecution of saints

I mean it's over and over and over through scripture that the hope is in the second coming, not a separate pre trib rapture.

Yes …there is a great hope of a rapture for the believers to heaven at his coming to the air to change us into heavenly beings so that we may enter heaven .. not at his second coming to reign

what’s the point to change us in heavenly clothing and become glorified like him if we are not allowed to enter the kingdom of heaven? Makes no sense does it?

But where is the hope of a rapture to heaven you mentioned in the return of Christ to reign?

That said.. the second coming is much earlier than most people think.

The rapture yes…. The second coming to reign on earth ?… no it’s not

A false Messianic age is coming

It is NOT Revelation 19 as surprising as people may find that.
he does returns here

The Day of the Lord begins with the 6th seal,

Agree

and the second coming is on that day (it is not however the 6th seal itself, because Jesus does open the 7th seal, so it won't be earlier than that, but that will be the same day as the 6th, because that is the Day of the Lord.)

The day of the lord indeed starts at the opening of the 6th seal but there is no mentioning of him coming in the clouds on that day.. in fact , the clouds disappear on that day and will not return for 7 years
For when he comes he returns with the clouds

And if he returns with the clouds 7 years later there is still no mentioning of the rapture event at all in revelation as Paul reveals it taking place

That’s because the event has already occurred long before these things take place

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,423.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Let’s read it together

Though Paul mentions our rapture gathering he does not address it till later on in the scripture
He joins the 2 things together and calls them THAT DAY.
He deals with the situation at hand first with no mentioning of a glorious rapture in his exhortation concerning the day of the lord and what will take place

I do have a question for you though … what is “he” that is withholding the apostasy and man of sin revealing that is going to be taking out of the way first so that they will manifest in the future ?
There's several theories on that.
I've heard it as Michael as Michael is connected with Eschatology in both Revelation 12 and Daniel 12, that Michael does something (stands up in Daniel, wars against Satan in Revelation 12) which results in the time of troubles/70th week

and I've also heard that Satan actually restrains himself, as he's the one with the most to lose.

But it's not the church, or the holy spirit, as there are saints during the great tribulation (and try not to conjure up "tribulation saints" that's a contrivance pretrib have to explain what would otherwise totally trash their view, but scripture doesn't support it in fact scripture leads away from such an idea, with things like the parable of the 10 virgins and Amos 8. and even if we just let these "tribulation saints" be the ones suffering instead of the Church, it would still be the holy spirit on earth that got them saved. the existence of saved people during the great tribulation outright proves the Holy Spirit is in operation, it did not get "removed out of the way"

It’s everywhere with the taking of Enoch to Elijah and mostly by our lord.. he is your harbinger of the resurrection and life in heaven and 2 thes 2 testifying of it too
well, I disagree with your interpretation of identity as the 2 witnesses are the 2 candlesticks, and 2 olive branches. Olive branches as a symbol refers to Zechariah 4, Zechariah 4 identifies the olive branches as the 2 annointed ones standing next to the Lord of the whole Earth. Well, on the Mount of Transfiguration it was Moses and Elijah that stood next to Jesus... 2 annointed ones who stood with the Lord of the whole earth.... it's so simple it's bonkers.
People try to guess based on "well Moses represents the law and Elijah representes the prophets" or "they do things like Moses and Elijah were said to do" and while these things are true.. the Gospel just.. says it was Moses and Elijah that stood next to Jesus.. and Zechariah 4 identifies those as the 2 olive branches.

the 2 candlesticks? Revelation 1 tells us Candlesticks represent CHURCHES.

As to the other thing, the first part of Revelation 11 isn't in Chronology between the 6th and 7th trumpets.
Rather the other signs that go along with their rapture match the Earthquake of the 6th seal.
So not a different rapture, same one.
If the rapture was at the second coming then the saints will still yet have to wait for a long time

I can see why you would think and believe that but it’s not correct brother

Paul is teaching otherwise

If you read this carefully you will see that in this chapter Paul mentions 2 different appointments ..in other words 2 times and seasons ..one for those that belong to the day … and one for those that belong to the night … with 2 different outcomes and 2 different descriptions of 2 entirely different events ..one is salvation… one is judgement …and upon further careful reading they don’t take place at the same time just as the sun does not appear at the same time as darkness

Actually Paul say concerning the coming of the lord and our gathering unto him referring to the rapture which he answered in 2 thes 2:13-16

13 But we ought always to thank God for you, brothers and sisters loved by the Lord, because God chose you as first fruits to be saved through the sanctifying work of the Spirit and through belief in the truth. 14 He called you to this through our gospel, that you might share in the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Notice what paul is saying how we will be firstfruits to be saved through the work of the spirit through belief in the truth which is the faith we have in Jesus to save us and take us to heaven and that we will share in the glory of Jesus

15 So then, brothers and sisters, stand firm and hold fast to the teachings we passed on to you, whether by word of mouth or by letter.

The gospel is that Jesus made a way to live with the father that so many reject to this day …

16 May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, 17 encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word.

Notice that we have a good hope to come? Notice the good news ?

Okay none of that's really tying into "there's a pretrib rapture"
I believe in a rapture, I just time it differently, based on scripture, rather than based on a teaching of men.
yes but for those who will experience those things in the last days which is many years to come
Probably a lot nearer than you think. though truthfully I believe the first 4 seals are pre 70th week. They set up antichrist they don't launch with Antichrist, so we could be closer to the first 4 seals, yet still years away from the 70th week. But we really don't know because no timing markers are given until the 6th seal, which must be past the midpoint according to Jesus, and given that tribulation is persecution and the 5th seal is persecution, the 5th seal is likely after the midpoint.
But the first 4.. could be beginning of 70th week, or could be before. I believe before otherwise nobody would trust Antichrist if he brings a world war and economic collapse on his heels.

But they might trust him if a world war and economic collapse happened and he rose to power and solved them. Guy who saves the world economy and brings world peace after a world war? Yeah the world would eat from his hand.
there is a great hope of a rapture for the believers to heaven yes at his coming to the air to change us into heavenly beings so that we may enter heaven ..

what’s the point to change us in heavenly clothing and become glorified like him if we are not allowed to enter ? Makes no sense does it?

But where is the hope of a rapture to heaven you mentioned in the return of Christ to reign?

I already said I believe in a rapture, it is not pretribulation.
i believe in pre-wrath, or, post trib, pre wrath more exactly.
It's at His second coming and His second coming is earlier than many people expect.

So trying to convince me of a rapture existing at all doesn't really do anything because I already believe in it, just have different timing.
We're delivered FROM wrath, but OUT of persecution.
and those persecutors will reap the wrath of God.
The rapture yes…. The second coming to reign on earth ?… no it’s not

A false Messianic age is coming

he does returns here

Agree

The day of the lord indeed starts at the opening of the 6th seal but there is no mentioning of him coming in the clouds on that day.. in fact , the clouds disappear on that day and will not return for 7 years
For when he comes he returns with the clouds
Revelation 6
15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
Sounds like unbelievers seeing Jesus to me.

What you think unbelievers who right now mock people's belief in an invisible God are going to proclaim the Lamb of God that they don't even believe in?
Without seeing Him?

Plus the parallel event

Revelation 14
9 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,
10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:
11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.
So here we see.. after the mark of the beast is in force, this is after the midpoint, during the great tribulation, and the warning that they WILL drink of the wine of the wrath of God, not that the wrath of God has already been occurring. So this is during the tribulation, but before the wrath of God.

12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.
13 And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.
14 And I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud one sat like unto the Son of man, having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a sharp sickle.
So there's Jesus, the Son of man, on the cloud

15 And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to him that sat on the cloud, Thrust in thy sickle, and reap: for the time is come for thee to reap; for the harvest of the earth is ripe.
16 And he that sat on the cloud thrust in his sickle on the earth; and the earth was reaped.
Jesus reaps the earth of those who are His, they are not put through the winepress of the wrath of God

17 And another angel came out of the temple which is in heaven, he also having a sharp sickle.
18 And another angel came out from the altar, which had power over fire; and cried with a loud cry to him that had the sharp sickle, saying, Thrust in thy sharp sickle, and gather the clusters of the vine of the earth; for her grapes are fully ripe.
19 And the angel thrust in his sickle into the earth, and gathered the vine of the earth, and cast it into the great winepress of the wrath of God.
20 And the winepress was trodden without the city, and blood came out of the winepress, even unto the horse bridles, by the space of a thousand and six hundred furlongs.

The second reaping, the fruits of the vine of the Earth, not the true vine (Jesus), the earth dwellers are put through the winepress.

so you see.. after tribulation.. but before the wrath of God, Jesus comes on the clouds, and takes those who are His.. but then He treads the winepress of the wrath of God.. and if you read Isaiah 63.. you will see He does it alone.
Believers are in Heaven, while Jesus is on Earth (and yes we are always with the Lord, we are with God the Father during this time) repaying the wicked for what they have done during the Great Tribulation.

Most specifically it's a great slaughter in Idumea and Edom spoken of in Isaiah 34, Obadiah 1, and Isaiah 63 is Him coming back from it, already covered in blood, like Revelation 19.
One of the big reasons Revelation 19 is not the second coming... He'd already been on Earth to have gotten bloody vestures, and Isaiah 63 and Revelation 14 explain how.
And if he returns with the clouds 7 years later there is still no mentioning of the rapture event at all in revelation as Paul reveals it taking place

That’s because the event has already occurred long before these things …,
the Rapture is referred to in Revelation 7,and in Revelation 15, and the beginning of Revelation 19, and they are considered those who came out of Great Tribulation or overcame the Mark of the Beast (2 details of the same thing essentially)

Revelation 19 has the saints in heaven.... and they talk about the Lamb.. but they don't worship the Lamb... just God on the throne (compared to Revelation 7 where they worship both).. and the next time you see Jesus He's on a white horse already covered in blood... Isaiah 63.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He joins the 2 things together and calls them THAT DAY.

Where? Paul does not mix the 2 events and calls it that day

5 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.

(More than one time and season but plural
He is addressing multiple )

2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

(See this time and season description ?)

4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.

5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

(See we are not to be there that day will not overtake us because we belong to the day not the night )

6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.

(Watch for what? Not to fall away as others who are asleep but hope in the rapture)

7 For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night.

8 But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.

(The hope of salvation via rapture)

9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

(See our appointment is no the day of the lord which comes like a thief)

(Our appointment our time and season is salvation via rapture)

(Clear reference to us not being appointed the wrath of god nor that night in which he comes like a thief)

10 Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.

(Rapture scripture )

11 Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.

( Good news)

There's several theories on that.
I've heard it as Michael as Michael is connected with Eschatology in both Revelation 12 and Daniel 12, that Michael does something (stands up in Daniel, wars against Satan in Revelation 12) which results in the time of troubles/70th week

Maybe but no mention of him restrain anything either

and I've also heard that Satan actually restrains himself, as he's the one with the most to lose.

True but again scripture says nothing about that

But it's not the church, or the holy spirit,
I believe scripture does mention both of these restraining

as there are saints during the great tribulation (and try not to conjure up "tribulation saints" that's a contrivance pretrib have to explain what would otherwise totally trash their view, but scripture doesn't support it in fact scripture leads away from such an idea, with things like the parable of the 10 virgins and Amos 8. and even if we just let these "tribulation saints" be the ones suffering instead of the Church, it would still be the holy spirit on earth that got them saved. the existence of saved people during the great tribulation outright proves the Holy Spirit is in operation, it did not get "removed out of the way"

Well I agree that the holy spirit is not taken out of the way but by process of elimination that leaves the church because we know they are at the very least resurrected and transformed literally into the children of god to possess heavenly bodies and go up as far as meeting Jesus in the sky …. If we come back down with him that same day why then transform us into godlike creatures?

Do we live on earth with heavenly bodies and wait for 1000 years with him until the heavenly city comes down? I don’t see the point in that nor do I see that event described in scripture

well, I disagree with your interpretation of identity as the 2 witnesses are the 2 candlesticks, and 2 olive branches. Olive branches as a symbol refers to Zechariah 4, Zechariah 4 identifies the olive branches as the 2 annointed ones standing next to the Lord of the whole Earth. Well, on the Mount of Transfiguration it was Moses and Elijah that stood next to Jesus... 2 annointed ones who stood with the Lord of the whole earth.... it's so simple it's bonkers.
People try to guess based on "well Moses represents the law and Elijah representes the prophets" or "they do things like Moses and Elijah were said to do" and while these things are true.. the Gospel just.. says it was Moses and Elijah that stood next to Jesus.. and Zechariah 4 identifies those as the 2 olive branches.

Yes but just because Moses and Elijah was seen standing next to him does not necessarily tell that they are the ones
Not saying your wrong but you could be

I still believe they are Enoch and Elijah Elijah for sure because he foretold to come and even the Jews await him to usher in the messianic age

In Enoch case he was taken as well like Elijah and has not died

Both are destined to die being the last of the saints to perish at the hands of enemies of god

the 2 candlesticks? Revelation 1 tells us Candlesticks represent CHURCHES.

We are all called to shine our lights as candlesticks that a candlestick can represent an individual luke 8:16-17

As to the other thing, the first part of Revelation 11 isn't in Chronology between the 6th and 7th trumpets.
Rather the other signs that go along with their rapture match the Earthquake of the 6th seal.
So not a different rapture, same one.

rev11 says the 2 witnesses prophecy for 1260 days during the trampling of Jerusalem by the gentiles for 42 months at the end of that they are killed and raptured with no mentioning of others being raptured …Your timing is off they are resurrected at the end not the beginning

the earthquakes? there is no mentioning of earthquakes taking place in Paul’s version on the rapture only 2 trumpets sound and the appearance of Jesus in the
Sky alone with no angels mentioned like in his second coming

There will be several earthquakes in the last days

Okay none of that's really tying into "there's a pretrib rapture"
I believe in a rapture, I just time it differently, based on scripture, rather than based on a teaching of men.
scripture does not prove a rapture that Paul describes happening during the tribulation nor the wrath outpouring nor when Jesus return to reign

Probably a lot nearer than you think.

What gives u that idea?

though truthfully I believe the first 4 seals are pre 70th week.
No reason to believe that but then who is the rider on the white horse conquering but the ac?

They set up antichrist they don't launch with Antichrist, so we could be closer to the first 4 seals, yet still years away from the 70th week.

What’s is the first 4 seals iyo?

But we really don't know because no timing markers are given until the 6th seal, which must be past the midpoint according to Jesus,

But again you shown no proof the return is happening at the 6th seal only the beginning of the wrath is happening which introduces the 7 trumpets and 7 bowls which is the wrath ending with the 2nd coming

and given that tribulation is persecution and the 5th seal is persecution, the 5th seal is likely after the midpoint.

The 5th seal is the revealing of saints that have been killed for believing in Christ throughout the false messianic age and they are seen under the alter in heaven not sure if they are resurrected at this time but they are given white robes with suggest they are resurrected… they want god to judge them that killed them and seeking god to avenge them so the wrath has not happened to this point

But the first 4.. could be beginning of 70th week, or could be before. I believe before otherwise nobody would trust Antichrist if he brings a world war and economic collapse on his heels.
could be the reason for the deaths of those in the 5th seal

But I believe it’s not we won’t see those days until Babylon is formed and destroyed ..the false messianic age does it’s evil upon the earth and is judge for doing so

But they might trust him if a world war and economic collapse happened and he rose to power and solved them. Guy who saves the world economy and brings world peace after a world war? Yeah the world would eat from his hand.

It would only be to create the false messianic age not the second coming

I already said I believe in a rapture, it is not pretribulation.
i believe in pre-wrath, or, post trib, pre wrath more exactly.
It's at His second coming and His second coming is earlier than many people expect.

Will see..

So trying to convince me of a rapture existing at all doesn't really do anything because I already believe in it, just have different timing.
We're delivered FROM wrath, but OUT of persecution.
and those persecutors will reap the wrath of God.

Will see

Revelation 6
Sounds like unbelievers seeing Jesus to me.

They seeing the signs mentioned in rev 6 taking place knowing the wrath is about to be poured out so they hide nothing about him coming in the clouds and comes to earth at the 6th seal

What you think unbelievers who right now mock people's belief in an invisible God are going to proclaim the Lamb of God that they don't even believe in?
Without seeing Him?

See during the false messianic age the ones executing the saints who still believe are being told that wrath is coming and when it occurs the world will know that it has come

So here we see.. after the mark of the beast is in force, this is after the midpoint, during the great tribulation, and the warning that they WILL drink of the wine of the wrath of God, not that the wrath of God has already been occurring. So this is during the tribulation, but before the wrath of God.

Yes when the mark is implemented the announcement of the wrath of god in the 7 bowls is poured upon those with the mark … but the 7 seals and 7 trumpets have already taken place as part of the beginning of gods wrath

So there's Jesus, the Son of man, on the cloud

Jesus reaps the earth of those who are His, they are not put through the winepress of the wrath of God

Yes in the end when Jesus returns he will gather the tares to judge them as part of the warmth of god as well .. the grape harvest is wrath of god too

The second reaping, the fruits of the vine of the Earth, not the true vine (Jesus), the earth dwellers are put through the winepress.

Yes

so you see.. after tribulation.. but before the wrath of God, Jesus comes on the clouds, and takes those who are His.. but then He treads the winepress of the wrath of God.. and if you read Isaiah 63.. you will see He does it alone.
Believers are in Heaven, while Jesus is on Earth (and yes we are always with the Lord, we are with God the Father during this time) repaying the wicked for what they have done during the Great Tribulation.

The wrath started at the 6 seal with the signs the clouds disappeared the sun moon and stars are altered the first earthquake that moved every mountain and islands

Then 7 trumpets judgments fall in succession

Then the 7 bowls fall upon those worshipers of the beast

Then the 2 witnesses are killed

Then another great earthquake that destroyed the city’s of the earth

Then Jesus returns and gathers the grapes to be slaughtered

Most specifically it's a great slaughter in Idumea and Edom spoken of in Isaiah 34, Obadiah 1, and Isaiah 63 is Him coming back from it, already covered in blood, like Revelation 19.
One of the big reasons Revelation 19 is not the second coming... He'd already been on Earth to have gotten bloody vestures, and Isaiah 63 and Revelation 14 explain how.

the Rapture is referred to in Revelation 7,and in Revelation 15, and the beginning of Revelation 19, and they are considered those who came out of Great Tribulation or overcame the Mark of the Beast (2 details of the same thing essentially)

Revelation 19 has the saints in heaven.... and they talk about the Lamb.. but they don't worship the Lamb... just God on the throne (compared to Revelation 7 where they worship both).. and the next time you see Jesus He's on a white horse already covered in blood... Isaiah 63.
yea you mentioned this before I’m not seeing this yet perhaps more studies of these thing you teach is required

But the rapture as Paul taught us is definitely not seen in chapter 7 or 15 nor the beginning of 19 but are different class of people who were slaughtered during this time and age

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,423.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Where? Paul does not mix the 2 events and calls it that day

2 Thessalonians 2:1-3, "that day shall not come"
He never made a break, after linking the gathering to the 2nd coming.
So they're still linked.
You read into the text a break that Paul did not write.

Maybe but no mention of him restrain anything either
But the link is there. Daniel 12, and Revelation 12. Michael stands up. Meaning previously he was sitting down, as to what that sitting down all entailed.. not really sure. Revelation 12, he goes to war with Satan, and casts him out of heaven, and that's what even starts the 70th week and the persecution. Whether he's the restrainer or not, Michael definitely plays an Eschatalogical role.
True but again scripture says nothing about that
It is speculation, and a theory, not one I really subscribe to, but it does fit the mold to a degree. But because scripture doesn't state it, I don't pose it as truth, only speculation.
I believe scripture does mention both of these restraining
To some degree yes. But the idea that the Holy Spirit is "removed" at the rapture and then there's tribulation saints getting saved is nonsense. However now it comes to memory that 2020 was ... quite an example of how the church can be "removed" and lose its power to restrain.... while still being on Earth. Churches closed their doors, Churches got fined and shut down by the government, pastors got arrested, Persecution can remove the church out of the way.... while believers are still on Earth. Not to mention the apostasy Paul mentioned, the falling away. The Church is simply losing more and more influence to be able to restrain in this world.
In Europe? It's practically gone
In China, which supposedly has the most "Christians" in the world? it doesn't exist, the government treads over them and changes their bible, and regulates their worship.
In Russia the Orthodox Church there has become a Church of Novorossia, rather than a Church of Jesus Christ. It has been used to justify the war in Ukraine.. not much restraining of evil is it?
and America? Can you really say the church is restraining evil here anymore?

So no rapture necessary to weaken the church and have it lose the power to restrain, simply by persecuting, marginalizing, and apostasy.
Well I agree that the holy spirit is not taken out of the way but by process of elimination that leaves the church because we know they are at the very least resurrected and transformed literally into the children of god to possess heavenly bodies and go up as far as meeting Jesus in the sky …. If we come back down with him that same day why then transform us into godlike creatures?

Do we live on earth with heavenly bodies and wait for 1000 years with him until the heavenly city comes down? I don’t see the point in that nor do I see that event described in scripture
I think you confuse me with the more traditional Revelation 19 post trib "rapture" people, which is not a rapture to heaven. I disagree with those people.
I believe in a rapture, after the 6th seal and Revelation 7. Meaning that the saints are not present for the trumpets, and a second view of the rapture is shown in Revelation 14 and 15, the saints are not present during the bowls.
Revelation 19 is clear that there are people in heaven before the heavens open up.

My view is pre wrath. The trumpets and the bowls, are the wrath of God. Revelation 6:17, and Revelation 15:1 and 15:7 are crystal clear about this.
Tribulation is not the wrath of God. tribulation, is persecution by men. God does not keep us from persecution, and never really has. Jesus promised we'd have persecution. That's to be expected.
God has promised to avenge us when we are persecuted, and encourages us with reward for going through persecution.

as for the Millennnium, we do come back down to Earth for the wedding supper of the Lamb, the supper of the Great God, as described in Revelation 19.

What I have is, 6th seal, rapture, saints in heaven, 7th seal, Jesus goes down to Earth alone (hence the silence in heaven, because Jesus leaves, they had just been praising Him, now He leaves), Jesus treads the winepress of His wrath alone (as Isaiah 63 is specific about), and then returns from Edom, and then the saints, such as Isaiah, rejoin Him on Earth for His final glorious victory, and establishes the Millennial Kingdom.

Yes but just because Moses and Elijah was seen standing next to him does not necessarily tell that they are the ones
Not saying your wrong but you could be
Possibly.. but it all clicked when I was led to these places and made these connections.
I still believe they are Enoch and Elijah Elijah for sure because he foretold to come and even the Jews await him to usher in the messianic age

In Enoch case he was taken as well like Elijah and has not died

Both are destined to die being the last of the saints to perish at the hands of enemies of god
Correct, and I had thought Enoch myself.. until making the connection between Zechariah 4 and the Mount of Transfiguration. It's funny many of my "aha" moments in bible study have been when I just let the bible say what it said and not tried to make my own leaps of logic. If the bible gives something as a symbol and explains it, then it's a symbol and I accept the explanation that God, or the Angel sent by God gives to explain the symbol, or if it's a reference to a previous symbol.
But where many people have tried to logic their way to explain things as symbols, the bible ... doesn't give that thing as a symbol, or it's not a reference to a symbol elsewhere in the bible.. so sometimes the plain "it's right in front of you" meaning is right.
Zechariah 4 has God questioning why Zechariah doesn't understand the symbols, but then God explains them, and He gives very plain and simple explanations.

There's a few times I have just.. openly laughed when I saw how simple the bible was on a particular thing.. and Moses and Elijah standing next to the Lord of the Whole Earth just like Zechariah 4 was one of them. It just seemed so obvious and simple. Like I didn't have to reason or logic my way to the conclusion.. I just... read what the bible said.. and believed it.

Revelation 19 was another one.. when I realized what the 'wedding supper of the lamb' actually was.
The bride was prepared in heaven, and they go to meet the bridegroom on the earth when the heavens open up (remember John was in heaven, not on earth when the heavens opened up), and then there's the description of the "supper of the great God".. and it's.. for the birds.
People think it's this fancy 7 year long wedding party in heaven.. but they miss that the reference to it takes place after the destruction of Babylon by the 10 Kings which is after the 7th vial. So this is literally right at the very end of everything just before the Millennial Kingdom.. not a 7 year feast. But it's the carrion feeders feeding on the corpses of the wicked that persecuted the saints, and the victory of Christ over the Beast.
We are all called to shine our lights as candlesticks that a candlestick can represent an individual luke 8:16-17
but Revelation says that candlesticks represent Churches. Most notably. 2 Churches that receive letters are not rebuked by Jesus. Smyrna, and Philadelphia. A persecuted church and a church that is able to keep their doors open even during persecution by the synagogue of Satan.
rev11 says the 2 witnesses prophecy for 1260 days during the trampling of Jerusalem by the gentiles for 42 months at the end of that they are killed and raptured with no mentioning of others being raptured …Your timing is off they are resurrected at the end not the beginning
there's 2 halves of 1260 days.
the earthquakes? there is no mentioning of earthquakes taking place in Paul’s version on the rapture only 2 trumpets sound and the appearance of Jesus in the
Sky alone with no angels mentioned like in his second coming
Read 1 Thessalonians 4 again, there's angels.
the Earthquake is part of the Day of the Lord.
it was previewed during the crucifixion. Earthquake, darkening of the sun and moon.
and the Day of the Lord is often announced with an Earthquake.
There will be several earthquakes in the last days
True but only one involving a resurrection and rapture.
scripture does not prove a rapture that Paul describes happening during the tribulation nor the wrath outpouring nor when Jesus return to reign
Matthew 24:29-31 disagrees. After the tribulation of those days, and Jesus comes WITH wrath, like the wrath of God comes after Jesus comes down. Read Psalm 18
Read Isaiah 26:16-21
Read Zechariah 9:14-16
You have a time of trouble and persecution.. then the Lord delivering His people, with the resurrection, and then unleashing the wrath of God. In Isaiah 26, Isaiah, resurrected, beckons people to hide from the Indignation with him (I believe in heaven)
Jesus doesn't come at the end of wrath, He comes at the beginning of the wrath of God, but at the end of tribulation.
Knowing the difference between those 2 things.. is key.
What gives u that idea?

No reason to believe that but then who is the rider on the white horse conquering but the ac?

What’s is the first 4 seals iyo?
just comparing patterns of things that have happened/are happening. It's speculation, but who ever heard of the World Economic Forum prior to 2020, or "the Great Reset", why did almost every country on the world lock down in lock step, with very few exceptions, why are we now in the process of an international WHO treaty that will rip sovereignty from 190+ countries? WW3 has already started (it just hasn't officially gone to NATO vs Russia directly yet), and peace seems to have been taken from the world, civil unrest everywhere, riots all over the world, governments collapsing, governments unable to form and keep disbanding... and .. now banks are folding, economic collapse, and we're already entering famine in Africa and the Middle East. Throw a western bank system collapse into that.

all that'd be left is NATO and Russia, which are.. "beasts of the Earth" if you remember that in Daniel and Revelation, beasts represent kingdoms/empires.. to go head to head.
Think that might kill 2 billion people if they do? I think it possible anyway.

it is speculation, but it would fit.

If you go to Revelation 17, you see that the harlot rides the beast at first (controls the beast).. and between Daniel 7 and Revelation 7 you see first you have Babylon the Great.. a world government system, and there are 10 kings in it. Those 10 kings later give their power to the beast, and then they destroy Babylon at the end.

IMO, the first 4 seals, are manufactured polycrisis in order to create a one world government.
The more traditional teaching of Antichrist being first seal, then after Antichrist conquers the world you have world war, famine and death.... doesn't pan out, who would follow the Antichrist if ever since he came in, the world has been melting down with polycrisis.

But if you have manufactured polycrisis.. and then a group of people offers a solution to that polycrisis, people will ask them to save them and rule them, if it solves the polycrisis. They can then give their power to the beast.
So first 4 seals basically destroy the current world order.
It's replaced by what Revelation 17 calls the great harlot, a world government. Under that world government, "peace and security" is declared. Things seem like they're going back to normal, oh.. except people who don't accept this new world order, they obviously have to be rounded up and reeducated or killed when they can't be reeducated, and refuse to worship the leader.

See.. the Narrative of the bible on the subject teaches that the world will be saying peace and safety, and it'll be like the days of noah and the days of lot, normal living for the world, day to day living. People don't build houses and plant crops and plan weddings when the water's turning to blood and meteors are impacting the Earth and there's 100 pound hail falling from the sky
but also, it is commonly in scripture that the Lord delivers His people from a time of trouble and persecution.

How do you have both simultaneously?
Well
The trouble being persecution is how.
For the world, it will be like normal life going on, for Christians and Jews.. it will be great tribulation.
Think about 1930's Germany, before WW2 started. The Jews were persecuted, but for non Jewish Germans.. they were in economic recovery, there was civic pride, they hosted an Olympic Games.
That is a picture of the great tribulation. God's people under persecution... and the world .. living normal lives.
But again you shown no proof the return is happening at the 6th seal only the beginning of the wrath is happening which introduces the 7 trumpets and 7 bowls which is the wrath ending with the 2nd coming
Compare Matthew 24:29-31, to Revelation 6:12-17 and Revelation 7.
You have the same signs, followed by evidence of the rapture, the saints in heaven, and they are said to have come OUT of Great Tribulation, meaning it was in the past. The signs of the 6th seal ALSO happen immediately after the tribulation.

so the great tribulation is already over by the 6th seal.
The 5th seal is the revealing of saints that have been killed for believing in Christ throughout the false messianic age and they are seen under the alter in heaven not sure if they are resurrected at this time but they are given white robes with suggest they are resurrected… they want god to judge them that killed them and seeking god to avenge them so the wrath has not happened to this point
Correct, the wrath of God does not begin until after the 6th seal, and the great tribulation Jesus talked about.. is over by the time of the 6th seal. See how there's a separation between tribulation and the wrath of God?
could be the reason for the deaths of those in the 5th seal
Well I believe the 4th seal is actually a nuclear or biological world war. It's basically the only way men could kill 1/4 of the planet in one act like that. I lean towards nuclear as the fallout would also result in mass starvation, a relatively limited exchange. World War 1 and 2 didn't kill nearly anything close to 1/4 of the world's population, even with the flu pandemic on top of world war 1 it wasn't close, and specifically the 4 horsement.. are acts by men. God stops restraining them, but men carry them out.
the 5th seal they are specifically martyred.. so I don't think it's anything to do with the 4th seal.. unless.. because Russia and the US and western Europe are considered "Judeo-Christian" countries by the rest of the world, if that takes the blame for the world war? Maybe. Speculation.
But I believe it’s not we won’t see those days until Babylon is formed and destroyed ..the false messianic age does it’s evil upon the earth and is judge for doing so

It would only be to create the false messianic age not the second coming
Well, yeah, antichrist comes as a savior. that's why he's antichrist, anti means "in place of".
That's why I believe that you have a polycrisis (the 4 horsemen) that launch him to power.
So he can "fix" the polycrisis, and be considered the savior of the world, enter the false messianic age.
They seeing the signs mentioned in rev 6 taking place knowing the wrath is about to be poured out so they hide nothing about him coming in the clouds and comes to earth at the 6th seal

See during the false messianic age the ones executing the saints who still believe are being told that wrath is coming and when it occurs the world will know that it has come
They won't believe it without seeing it, that's kind of the point.
Yes when the mark is implemented the announcement of the wrath of god in the 7 bowls is poured upon those with the mark … but the 7 seals and 7 trumpets have already taken place as part of the beginning of gods wrath
No, not unless you believe that Jesus' first act as King of the Earth after Revelation 11:15 is to give dominion back to Satan for him to give to the beast. Revelation 10:7 also says the 7th trumpet is the last event, and the 7th trumpet has finality to it.

... and Revelation 12 starts over with the birth of Jesus.
It's 2 parallel narratives, there's a lot of repetition between them, such as the 144k, and Jesus on the clouds twice.
2 parallel patterns of tribulation -> Jesus on the clouds -> saints in heaven -> wrath of God -> Jesus establishing His Kingdom.

It goes in the same order both times.

Upvote 0

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
2 Thessalonians 2:1-3, "that day shall not come"
He never made a break, after linking the gathering to the 2nd coming.
So they're still linked.
You read into the text a break that Paul did not write.

That day that shall not come refers to the 2 coming

I disagree they are linked to the second coming..he just addressed the matter at hand first then mentioned our salvation which he clearly teaches are 2 different times and seasons but I’m noting your responses so will see

But the link is there. Daniel 12, and Revelation 12. Michael stands up. Meaning previously he was sitting down, as to what that sitting down all entailed.. not really sure. Revelation 12, he goes to war with Satan, and casts him out of heaven, and that's what even starts the 70th week and the persecution. Whether he's the restrainer or not, Michael definitely plays an Eschatalogical role.

True he plays an end time role but only to cast out satan from heaven which as you say starts the 3rd woe and great tribulation by giving his power to the beast to fulfill his will to destroy the Jews awakening to the lord

It is speculation, and a theory, not one I really subscribe to, but it does fit the mold to a degree. But because scripture doesn't state it, I don't pose it as truth, only speculation.

I appreciate that …

To some degree yes. But the idea that the Holy Spirit is "removed" at the rapture and then there's tribulation saints getting saved is nonsense.

There is a scripture that in the last days God will pour his spirit acts 2:17 the disciples were firstfruits of the greater gift yet to come and the line will be drawn in the sand then for the Spirit will make things clear for the ones called to be prophets and see dreams and visions unfortunately the ones whose names are not written in the lambs book of life will not believe them

Honestly I do not know who this restrainer will be but he is a “he”, ..the church is called the body of Christ so in a sense it could be us that depart so that the apostasy and revealing of the man of sun is revealed at the end of the apostasy

But honestly it’s not clear …

However now it comes to memory that 2020 was ... quite an example of how the church can be "removed" and lose its power to restrain.... while still being on Earth. Churches closed their doors, Churches got fined and shut down by the government, pastors got arrested, Persecution can remove the church out of the way.... while believers are still on Earth. Not to mention the apostasy Paul mentioned, the falling away. The Church is simply losing more and more influence to be able to restrain in this world.
In Europe? It's practically gone
In China, which supposedly has the most "Christians" in the world? it doesn't exist, the government treads over them and changes their bible, and regulates their worship.
In Russia the Orthodox Church there has become a Church of Novorossia, rather than a Church of Jesus Christ. It has been used to justify the war in Ukraine.. not much restraining of evil is it?
and America? Can you really say the church is restraining evil here anymore?

Yes even in technology I’ve notice that ai algorithms prevent certain teachings from going viral and only the ones that fit their agenda and lies and deceptions rule the postings

So no rapture necessary to weaken the church and have it lose the power to restrain, simply by persecuting, marginalizing, and apostasy.

That does seem to be the recipe for success for them

God is gonna have to come up with a better plan to combat the lies and deceptions … that is if in his will to do … or simply give them more rope to hang themselves

I think you confuse me with the more traditional Revelation 19 post trib "rapture" people, which is not a rapture to heaven. I disagree with those people.
I believe in a rapture, after the 6th seal and Revelation 7. Meaning that the saints are not present for the trumpets, and a second view of the rapture is shown in Revelation 14 and 15, the saints are not present during the bowls.
Revelation 19 is clear that there are people in heaven before the heavens open up.

I have to disagree… there is no mention of a rapture as Paul taught, to defend my position of an earlier rapture of the church , between the 6 seal and 7 chapter

But I do see a rapture type event with the 5th seal though it’s not described how they entered heaven , they are all martyrs most likely from the false messianic age.
But it seems a day for their resurrection takes place after the first 4 seals are opened

And then I see the great tribulation saints in heaven in chapter 7 with no mention how they got there and scripture revealed they are in heaven after the 144000 are sealed on earth before the trumpet judgments

I see the 144000 in heaven in chapter 14 they were caught up to heaven before the 3 warnings of 3 flying angels

And finally I see the 2 prophets rise up and ascend at the end of their testimony of 1260 days …before Jesus returns

So in scripture we have multiple raptures taking place at different times so there is no reason to assume they are all to take place at one moment in time

My view is pre wrath. The trumpets and the bowls, are the wrath of God. Revelation 6:17, and Revelation 15:1 and 15:7 are crystal clear about this.
Tribulation is not the wrath of God. tribulation, is persecution by men. God does not keep us from persecution, and never really has. Jesus promised we'd have persecution. That's to be expected.
God has promised to avenge us when we are persecuted, and encourages us with reward for going through persecution.

True but if gods chooses to save the church from further persecution and tribulations who are we to deny it ?

I see a pre tribulation in scripture
that is a rapture before the tribulation from a false messianic age and tribulation from the rise of antichrist and from the great tribulation of mark of the beast

as for the Millennnium, we do come back down to Earth for the wedding supper of the Lamb, the supper of the Great God, as described in Revelation 19.

I read and see that different.. I see the wedding supper of the lamb in heaven and the wedding is in heaven it is all all taking place in heaven , the scripture says so and blessed are those who attend it

Then after the wedding the armies of heaven come with Jesus wearing his old blood stained clothing on the cross

He comes to destroy the armies that surrounded Jerusalem that had gathered at mt Megiddo and the slain are eating by the birds this is called the great supper of god for the birds… it’s not the wedding feast

What I have is, 6th seal, rapture, saints in heaven, 7th seal, Jesus goes down to Earth alone (hence the silence in heaven, because Jesus leaves, they had just been praising Him, now He leaves), Jesus treads the winepress of His wrath alone (as Isaiah 63 is specific about), and then returns from Edom, and then the saints, such as Isaiah, rejoin Him on Earth for His final glorious victory, and establishes the Millennial Kingdom.
I see your view but he alone with his armies from heaven meaning there was no earthly helper … no nation no kingdom no tribe no one helps him in an alliance to fight the ac and his vast armies … I believe that’s the proper way to interpret those scriptures

Correct, and I had thought Enoch myself.. until making the connection between Zechariah 4 and the Mount of Transfiguration. It's funny many of my "aha" moments in bible study have been when I just let the bible say what it said and not tried to make my own leaps of logic. If the bible gives something as a symbol and explains it, then it's a symbol and I accept the explanation that God, or the Angel sent by God gives to explain the symbol, or if it's a reference to a previous symbol.
But where many people have tried to logic their way to explain things as symbols, the bible ... doesn't give that thing as a symbol, or it's not a reference to a symbol elsewhere in the bible.. so sometimes the plain "it's right in front of you" meaning is right.
Zechariah 4 has God questioning why Zechariah doesn't understand the symbols, but then God explains them, and He gives very plain and simple explanations.

There's a few times I have just.. openly laughed when I saw how simple the bible was on a particular thing.. and Moses and Elijah standing next to the Lord of the Whole Earth just like Zechariah 4 was one of them. It just seemed so obvious and simple. Like I didn't have to reason or logic my way to the conclusion.. I just... read what the bible said.. and believed it.

Will see

Revelation 19 was another one.. when I realized what the 'wedding supper of the lamb' actually was.
The bride was prepared in heaven, and they go to meet the bridegroom on the earth when the heavens open up (remember John was in heaven, not on earth when the heavens opened up), and then there's the description of the "supper of the great God".. and it's.. for the birds.
People think it's this fancy 7 year long wedding party in heaven.. but they miss that the reference to it takes place after the destruction of Babylon by the 10 Kings which is after the 7th vial. So this is literally right at the very end of everything just before the Millennial Kingdom.. not a 7 year feast. But it's the carrion feeders feeding on the corpses of the wicked that persecuted the saints, and the victory of Christ over the Beast.

I appreciate you sharing your views with me …thanks

You know Babylon the city is not totally destroyed by the ac and the 10 kings only the worshipers ….it is until the 7th bowl that she is destroyed by god

but Revelation says that candlesticks represent Churches. Most notably. 2 Churches that receive letters are not rebuked by Jesus. Smyrna, and Philadelphia. A persecuted church and a church that is able to keep their doors open even during persecution by the synagogue of Satan.

The church of brotherly love prophecy is one of my fav…. They say they are church ages and we are now in the age of brotherly love … the open door could refer to a opening into heaven and not church doors as you mentioned because it does not mention it being their own doors … the open door is a miracle door because no one can close them and it’s to keep them from the hour of trial that will come upon all the earth to try them
It’s also evident that the Overcomers will live in heaven where gods temple is and live in the new Jerusalem

there's 2 halves of 1260 days.
yes

Read 1 Thessalonians 4 again, there's angels.
the Earthquake is part of the Day of the Lord.
it was previewed during the crucifixion. Earthquake, darkening of the sun and moon.
and the Day of the Lord is often announced with an Earthquake.[/QUOTE]

This is Paul’s of our rapture 1 thes 4:13 Brothers and sisters, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death, so that you do not grieve like the rest of mankind, who have no hope. 14 For we believe that Jesus died and rose again, and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him. 15 According to the Lord’s word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. 18 Therefore encourage one another with these words.

True but only one involving a resurrection and rapture.
of only the 2 witnesses in the end of their testimony

Matthew 24:29-31 disagrees.
there is no match when you compare the description of the events Paul mentioned about the rapture with this passage … this is two different times and seasons

After the tribulation of those days, and Jesus comes WITH wrath, like the wrath of God comes after Jesus comes down. Read Psalm 18
Read Isaiah 26:16-21
Read Zechariah 9:14-16
You have a time of trouble and persecution.. then the Lord delivering His people, with the resurrection, and then unleashing the wrath of God. In Isaiah 26, Isaiah, resurrected, beckons people to hide from the Indignation with him (I believe in heaven)
Jesus doesn't come at the end of wrath, He comes at the beginning of the wrath of God, but at the end of tribulation.
Knowing the difference between those 2 things.. is key.

I’m skipping you here too much to cover but let’s look at the difference of tribulations

He comes at the end of the great tribulation of the beast against the Jews

But there was tribulations before this which killed off the martyrs of the 5th seal

Then there is the great tribulation saints seen in heaven they are all martyrs

Yet there are more martyrs to come by way of tribulations after the great tribulation saints are seen in heaven because it says in Rev 14:13

Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on. “Yes,” says the Spirit, “they will rest from their labor, for their deeds follow them!” (Revelation 14:13)

These are those who die for not taking the mark taking head of the flying angels
Warnings

The end of tribulation ends with the 2 witnesses

just comparing patterns of things that have happened/are happening. It's speculation, but who ever heard of the World Economic Forum prior to 2020, or "the Great Reset", why did almost every country on the world lock down in lock step, with very few exceptions, why are we now in the process of an international WHO treaty that will rip sovereignty from 190+ countries? WW3 has already started (it just hasn't officially gone to NATO vs Russia directly yet), and peace seems to have been taken from the world, civil unrest everywhere, riots all over the world, governments collapsing, governments unable to form and keep disbanding... and .. now banks are folding, economic collapse, and we're already entering famine in Africa and the Middle East. Throw a western bank system collapse into that.

all that'd be left is NATO and Russia, which are.. "beasts of the Earth" if you remember that in Daniel and Revelation, beasts represent kingdoms/empires.. to go head to head.
Think that might kill 2 billion people if they do? I think it possible anyway.

Beginning of sorrow but the end is not yet

If you go to Revelation 17, you see that the harlot rides the beast at first (controls the beast).. and between Daniel 7 and Revelation 7 you see first you have Babylon the Great.. a world government system, and there are 10 kings in it. Those 10 kings later give their power to the beast, and then they destroy Babylon at the end.[/QUOTE]

The 7th beast kingdom is the 10 horns 10 tribe kingdom of Israel established due the false messianic age to come

The 8th beast kingdom is the AC and FP
Who controls the 10 kingdoms a union between northern and southern kingdoms of Israel

They destroy mystery Babylon adherents that has been around since the first kingdom .. they will see their end

IMO, the first 4 seals, are manufactured polycrisis in order to create a one world government.
The more traditional teaching of Antichrist being first seal, then after Antichrist conquers the world you have world war, famine and death.... doesn't pan out, who would follow the Antichrist if ever since he came in, the world has been melting down with polycrisis.
You are looking at the end times in your day and age and expecting it to arrive soon

You would have to see in the future what the rise of AC will look like then you will see that it is the ac who creates war famine plague and death but release by Jesus will with the opening of the seals

But if you have manufactured polycrisis.. and then a group of people offers a solution to that polycrisis, people will ask them to save them and rule them, if it solves the polycrisis. They can then give their power to the beast.
So first 4 seals basically destroy the current world order.
It's replaced by what Revelation 17 calls the great harlot, a world government. Under that world government, "peace and security" is declared. Things seem like they're going back to normal, oh.. except people who don't accept this new world order, they obviously have to be rounded up and reeducated or killed when they can't be reeducated, and refuse to worship the leader.

See.. the Narrative of the bible on the subject teaches that the world will be saying peace and safety, and it'll be like the days of noah and the days of lot, normal living for the world, day to day living. People don't build houses and plant crops and plan weddings when the water's turning to blood and meteors are impacting the Earth and there's 100 pound hail falling from the sky
but also, it is commonly in scripture that the Lord delivers His people from a time of trouble and persecution.

How do you have both simultaneously?

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,423.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
That day that shall not come refers to the 2 coming

I disagree they are linked to the second coming..he just addressed the matter at hand first then mentioned our salvation which he clearly teaches are 2 different times and seasons but I’m noting your responses so will see
It is about the second coming... AND our gathering together to Him.
I mean that's Paul linking the rapture to the second coming, as he linked the rapture to the second coming in 1 Thessalonians 4,
as he links the resurrection to the second coming (which the resurrection precedes the rapture according to 1 Thessalonians 4) in 1 Corinthians 15

22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.
24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
I'd even go so far as to say Paul is saying the wrath of God comes after His coming here, that the dead in Christ are resurrected at His coming and THEN cometh the end, and He shall have put down all rule..
cause the way I see it. Jesus is going to come back and clean house. Not the house gets cleaned and then He comes back.
True he plays an end time role but only to cast out satan from heaven which as you say starts the 3rd woe and great tribulation by giving his power to the beast to fulfill his will to destroy the Jews awakening to the lord

There is a scripture that in the last days God will pour his spirit acts 2:17 the disciples were firstfruits of the greater gift yet to come and the line will be drawn in the sand then for the Spirit will make things clear for the ones called to be prophets and see dreams and visions unfortunately the ones whose names are not written in the lambs book of life will not believe them

Honestly I do not know who this restrainer will be but he is a “he”, ..the church is called the body of Christ so in a sense it could be us that depart so that the apostasy and revealing of the man of sun is revealed at the end of the apostasy

But honestly it’s not clear …

Yes even in technology I’ve notice that ai algorithms prevent certain teachings from going viral and only the ones that fit their agenda and lies and deceptions rule the postings

That does seem to be the recipe for success for them
So yeah I was just posing multiple views I'd heard of regarding the restrainer, but I think you can see how the restrainer, even if it's the church, can be removed out of the way without it being the rapture. I think the apostasy is the big one, just people walking away, we see it now the "nones" becoming a very prevalent "faith" in the world. If the Church is driven underground it just doesn't have the restraining power it once did.

I just had a thought on Babylon the Great, the 10 kings, etc. Note how in Revelation 17 and 18, it's Babylon that spills the blood of the saints, before the beast even. So maybe that's it. Mystery Babylon the Great, the world government, persecutes the church, drives them underground, and then they can't restrain the rise of antichrist anymore.
God is gonna have to come up with a better plan to combat the lies and deceptions … that is if in his will to do … or simply give them more rope to hang themselves
To be honest I think that's a big reason why the saints are given into the hand of the beast to wage war against.. giving Jesus more or less casus belli to bring the kind of wrath that's in the trumpets and vials. It's something more than just general sin that deserves that wrath. Isaiah 34:8 gives the reason being the controversy of Zion, so.. something to do with the Abomination of Desolation in particular, but that's connected to the great tribulation.

The 2 reasons I think saints are persecuted before Jesus' return rather than pretrib rapture is #1, martyrdom is a massive testimony of faith, it's how the church grew in the first and second centuries, and if we're talking about God bringing the wrath over the whole world like that, God's longsuffering and wants as many saved as possible, so.. it's in a way, pulling out the big guns, the faith of the martyrs causing some holdouts to be convicted and repent while there's still some time, and secondly, to give that casus belli, to give a real good reason to do that level of punishment on the whole world.
I have to disagree… there is no mention of a rapture as Paul taught, to defend my position of an earlier rapture of the church , between the 6 seal and 7 chapter
Well when you suddenly have a massive group of people appear in heaven, in bodies, holding objects in their hands, worshiping God and the Lamb.. and one of the Elders wonders "who are these people?" as in.. the Elder had not seen them before...
and John explains it, they came out of great tribulation.

They were raptured.
So in scripture we have multiple raptures taking place at different times so there is no reason to assume they are all to take place at one moment in time
I don't see multiple raptures taught anywhere in the old testament or new testament so I don't think Revelation is teaching multiple raptures either, connected is the resurrection, Revelation says there are 2. 1 that is those who overcame the beast which I know some people say "oh that's just tribulation saints only" but as all overcame in Christ, I see it as 1 body of Christ. I don't make divisions when we're talking about Galatians 3:28, you know? So, yes, even if they died in the first century, or 5th century, or 100 years ago, because they are all members of one body, they all overcame the beast, whether they personally were alive during the great tribulation or they were asleep in Christ already, they were overcomers, and are overcomers. John refers to himself as our brother in tribulation.

SO.. there's that resurrection, which is tied to the rapture, and then the 2nd resurrection before the white throne of judgement and that resurrects the wicked.
True but if gods chooses to save the church from further persecution and tribulations who are we to deny it ?
But we're not promised that.
I read and see that different.. I see the wedding supper of the lamb in heaven and the wedding is in heaven it is all all taking place in heaven , the scripture says so and blessed are those who attend it
and they are blessed, the only people "attending" the feast which is.. after all the wicked are slain at armageddon, are the saints with Jesus.
Then after the wedding the armies of heaven come with Jesus wearing his old blood stained clothing on the cross
Nope.. not where the blood comes from, read Isaiah 63, Jesus explains it Himself.

He comes to destroy the armies that surrounded Jerusalem that had gathered at mt Megiddo and the slain are eating by the birds this is called the great supper of god for the birds… it’s not the wedding feast
They announce blessed are those who attend the wedding supper of the lamb.. but the Lamb is not in heaven at that time (or they would worship Him when they worship God on the throne. Compare Revelation 7 where Jesus IS in heaven to Revelation 19, also Revelation 11 after the 7th trumpet, they also only worship God on the throne, because Jesus is on earth at that time), nor is there any scene of feasting, only the announcement...
and then the heavens open.
Then they show the Lamb.
But I believe they're in heaven looking down when the heavens open, not on the earth looking up.
The only feasting done after that announcement... is the birds.
I see your view but he alone with his armies from heaven meaning there was no earthly helper … no nation no kingdom no tribe no one helps him in an alliance to fight the ac and his vast armies … I believe that’s the proper way to interpret those scriptures
It doesn't mention armies of heaven, Jesus says He tread the winepress alone, and of the people there were none to help Him.
You know Babylon the city is not totally destroyed by the ac and the 10 kings only the worshipers ….it is until the 7th bowl that she is destroyed by god
Revelation 17 says that the 10 Kings destroy it, God puts it into their minds. They destroy it in 1 hour with fire... Only one way for men to destroy a great city in 1 hour with fire with current tech
The church of brotherly love prophecy is one of my fav…. They say they are church ages and we are now in the age of brotherly love … the open door could refer to a opening into heaven and not church doors as you mentioned because it does not mention it being their own doors … the open door is a miracle door because no one can close them and it’s to keep them from the hour of trial that will come upon all the earth to try them
It’s also evident that the Overcomers will live in heaven where gods temple is and live in the new Jerusalem
I don't subscribe to the 'church ages' idea. as Jesus threatens Thyatira with great tribulation, and tells those in the church who don't go along with the abominable teachings to just hold fast until He comes.
It doesn't make sense for historical church ages.
It most makes sense that they were specific instructions to first century churches... along with end time churches instructions.

Rest of the post got mangled by formatting so it isn't gonna quote nice, and posts were getting too long.
but essentially. Revelation 7 refers to great tribulation being in the past.
not future.
anything after 6th seal, is not great tribulation.

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,259.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Well when you suddenly have a massive group of people appear in heaven, in bodies, holding objects in their hands, worshiping God and the Lamb.. and one of the Elders wonders "who are these people?" as in.. the Elder had not seen them before...
and John explains it, they came out of great tribulation.
This interpretation is not what the text states.

The elder does ask a rhetorical question. The elder then answers his own question. John is the one not knowing the answer. At least according to how John wrote it.

Where has John been the last 1993 years? The John that was already in Paradise would have known.

John visiting the future from the first century would not have known.

Upvote 0