Western New York
✟43,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I'm just curious, I'm not looking to argue anything I just wanted to ask those who believe in the pre-tribulation rapture: if it should not happen or you are not taken what would you do?

If all the signs are there that we are indeed in the Great Tribulation, perhaps you've lost everything, perhaps you're languishing in a war-torn area, have no food, the absolute worst case scenario imaginable and you're still here on earth, how would you feel? Would you lose faith in God or lose faith in yourself, or lose faith in the doctrine?

This isn't a fight. I'm just curious if others have contemplated the possibility of being left behind.

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,093.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm just curious, I'm not looking to argue anything I just wanted to ask those who believe in the pre-tribulation rapture: if it should not happen or you are not taken what would you do?
If all the signs are there that we are indeed in the Great Tribulation, perhaps you've lost everything, perhaps you're languishing in a war-torn area, have no food, the absolute worst case scenario imaginable and you're still here on earth, how would you feel? Would you lose faith in God or lose faith in yourself, or lose faith in the doctrine?
This isn't a fight. I'm just curious if others have contemplated the possibility of being left behind.

No worry. . .a "pre-tribulation rapture" is not in agreement with NT apostolic teaching (as distinct from
personal interpretation of prophetic riddles, Nu 12:8).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dfw69

Pre-Tribulation Pre- False Messianic Age
Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Keep the faith to the end to the best of my ability

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,159.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

How is it left behind, if nothing happened?

People feel that way all the time. That has been an ongoing feeling of loss since Job.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Praise God just to be talking about this AMEN! If I shared what I personally believed it would seem I am pre-trib. Yet since no one can prove PRE MID POST I know He is coming I am always watching always ready now. Ooh to always be ready thinking about Him. I never think about what if. "if" is doubting. He said He went back the Fathers house to make us a home. He made sure to say it twice "so where I am you will be" then "where I go you know how I go you know". So I know where He is and I will be where He is. It is not written where I am He will be. And Paul telling us about what is (Christ) coming didn't say they or them but said "we which remain"

There is no not happen since that is not written. Since I was not promised tomorrow I put my hope my faith knowing this moment is when He comes. Always looking up. In that house where all of us are.. some are at the window.. some are even waiting at the door.. to funny.. but others? Not watching at all. So real question is when He comes if you are not watch not ready do not believe will you go anyway? Well He go against your will?

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,075.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Praise God just to be talking about this AMEN! If I shared what I personally believed it would seem I am pre-trib. Yet since no one can prove PRE MID POST I know He is coming I am always watching always ready now. Ooh to always be ready thinking about Him. I never think about what if. "if" is doubting. He said He went back the Fathers house to make us a home. He made sure to say it twice "so where I am you will be" then "where I go you know how I go you know". So I know where He is and I will be where He is. It is not written where I am He will be. And Paul telling us about what is (Christ) coming didn't say they or them but said "we which remain"

There is no not happen since that is not written. Since I was not promised tomorrow I put my hope my faith knowing this moment is when He comes. Always looking up. In that house where all of us are.. some are at the window.. some are even waiting at the door.. to funny.. but others? Not watching at all. So real question is when He comes if you are not watch not ready do not believe will you go anyway? Well He go against your will?

Your love for God is infectious - I love it!

However I would like to ask, what does it mean to "watch"? In what way are we to be ready for His return.

I think our biggest clue is that when the Angels spoke to the disciples and asked why they were looking up to the sky (you remember these verses yes? Beginning in Acts of the Apostles 1:11), after that exchange they left and went back to Jerusalem (1/2 miles walk) to pray with the brethren...

What they didn't do was look at the sky anymore - they simply began the practice of the faith the way God put it into their hearts to do.

So that's what I see as watching and being ready... Practicing the faith to the best of our ability.. being ready spiritually at all times to stand before God... that's what matters.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟71,720.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I believe we can not have a tribulation unless the Church Age has come to an end and the Holy Spirit is no longer here working through the church to restrain the world from destroying itself. Of course, when we see the problems people have with fire and water there clearly is and always has been tribulation in the world.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
It already has not happened since millions and millions of Christians have already been slain since John's day.

It it will not be a pre-trib rapture since Christ said in Matt 24:29-31 "immediately AFTER the tribulation.. they will see the Son of Man coming in the sky... He will send forth his angels to gather his elect from one end of the SKY To the other"

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟71,720.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married

Don't you watch the news? There are people who lose everything by water or fire. What do they do? We do not need any of that stuff. When we are in the Army we have a duffle bag and that is all we have. At times all we have is what we can carry on our backs. Never bothered me any. I feel more burdened now with too much stuff that I can not seem to get rid of, no matter how much I try to sell it or give it away. I liked to rough it as a kid and I would rather be poor than rich. But it is difficult to give up the temptation of a soft easy life.

There is no reason for us to be here during the tribulation and I do not think we will be. The only difference is people use to be good to each other. Now they seem to be so mean and every day we hear about shootings.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,670.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

The pre-trib view is actually pre-70th week. The great tribulation does not begin until the middle part of the 70th week. So being in the great tribulation will not be a immediate concern.

What would a pre-tribber do if the 70th week begins and the rapture has not happened? They will concede their timing error, and turn to the anytime rapture view - a view that I have based on the deadline being when the Antichrist commits the ToD ((transgression of Desolation) act. They will hold to their faith during the false messianic age of the Antichrist, and be taken in the rapture/resurrection before he commits the ToD act.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sovereigngrace

Dec 9, 2019
USA
Visit site
✟202,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you get left behind, to get to heaven one will have to die confessing Christ.

Where is your Pretrib proof-text that teaches a rapture of the Church, followed by seven-year tribulation, followed by a third coming of the Lord?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,670.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Where is your Pretrib proof-text that teaches a rapture of the Church, followed by seven-year tribulation, followed by a third coming of the Lord?
I think pretrib believes that the rapture will be pre-70th week - which they are calling the entire 70th week as tribulation. You will often hear a term from them as the tribulation "period".

Their position is Jesus's first coming, his life to walk on this earth, crucified for atonement of our sins;

then his pre-trib coming in the air for the rapture/resurrection;

then Jesus's Second coming to stand on this earth, and rule as the great King, from Jerusalem, His 1000 year millennium rule.

--------------------------------------------- You overlaid, inserted, "third' coming to their position - as an presumptuous argument tactic. Please do not do straw man arguments. If you disagree with their timing of the rapture, do it for the right reasons.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Second Time is the Charm

Feb 17, 2023
The South
✟14,121.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

None of the pre-tribbers are answering. Maybe the thought of having waited only to find out that the AC has been revealed and the mark of the beast is being declared WHILE THEY'RE STILL HERE is too frightening a thought to them.

This is why I would like to encourage them to prepare spiritually (far more important than physical prepping) so that they won't panic and fall away and betray others to try save themselves from the antichrist's persecution and execution of us.

I just want to remind them that death isn't horrible for us anymore, because Christ died for us so that when we do get executed - especially because we are loyal to Him - that we are still safe in Him. We WILL be resurrected.

So it doesn't matter if you're too afraid to answer the OP's question. Just continue to build your faith and fellowship with God so that when the AC is revealed, you won't be part of the massive falling away.

In terms of the mark of the beast, we as Christians - if we really do believe and love the Lord - will no longer be able to buy and sell. First and foremost, have faith that the Lord will provide for you as He did for his people when they left Egypt to come to the promised land. Also remember Elijah who was fed by the birds during the three-year drought. And also remember Noah and Joseph who listened to God and prepared according to HIS instructions. You don't necessarily have to become a prepper - just do EXACTLY what He wants you to do if He has instructions for you specifically. There may be different instructions for each individual Christian. But either way - we all must build our faith up so that our faith can withstand the terrible things to come.

Remember when the AC's persecution and prophesied conquering of us comes true, make sure to endure to the end. Jesus already told us all these things will happen so that we can prepare. If we do so, we will be victorious over the AC and his followers even in death. The AC and his followers will see us again - whole and alive - with the Lord and regret having killed us.

Upvote 0