Kolbu
✟21,186.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
When you drink or eat something that is too processed, there is a lack of minerals, so the mucous membranes in the throat are slightly damaged. And then air/gas comes from the stomach, that's what makes it sting. What helps then is swallowing a little toothpaste, for example, or cultured-milk, so that the mucous membranes get minerals again. Doctors don't even know this, they think it's just acid reflux that does it, from the stomach. Some bread, for example, that lacks minerals, causes it, and some drinks, like beer for example, some of them. It`s a normal problem, is some countries, that don`t make more healthy foods. I`m not talking about fast-food like hamburgers normally, but frozen food, for example, that lacks minerals.

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟244,389.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
When you drink or eat something that is too processed, there is a lack of minerals, so the mucous membranes in the throat are slightly damaged. And then air/gas comes from the stomach, that's what makes it sting. What helps then is swallowing a little toothpaste, for example, or cultured-milk, so that the mucous membranes get minerals again. Doctors don't even know this, they think it's just acid reflux that does it, from the stomach. Some bread, for example, that lacks minerals, causes it, and some drinks, like beer for example, some of them. It`s a normal problem, is some countries, that don`t make more healthy foods. I`m not talking about fast-food like hamburgers normally, but frozen food, for example, that lacks minerals.
You should publish your findings.

Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟374,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
What does the OP mean by "minerals?" Calcium, sodium, potassium, magnesium, iron, and copper,--to name several--all have a function in normal metabolism. Just claiming we need minerals is vague and unhelpful. The primary cause of gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) is weakness of the sphincter muscle in the lower esophagus. It acts like a valve to prevent gastric secretions from splashing up into the esophagus. Gastric juice is mainly a solution of hydrochloric acid, along with the enzymes lipase and pepsin. But it is quite acidic, with a pH of about 2. If the sphincter isn't working, it will irritate, and possibly damage the esophagus. Which means that untreated GERD can be more than just indigestion. It's also a rick factor for esophageal cancer. The Johns Hopkins link has more info on treating GERD. There's no mention of "minerals."

Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) Treatment

Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟244,389.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
The Johns Hopkins link has more info on treating GERD. There's no mention of "minerals."
That's because Tjufsen is the only one who has figured this out. The rubes at Johns Hopscotch don't have a clue!

Reactions: jayem
Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟354,335.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I would have to disagree, i have it and toothpaste would rile it up and milk helps a little as in deluting the acid

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums