What he really thinks: Trump mocks Christians, calls them "fools" and "schmucks"

Do you believe the article presents the truth or is it all a lie?

• A combination of lies and truth but mostly lies

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The context is there. Don't need more context to see it is clearly a derogatory statement. To evangelical leaders.
Why does he meet them if he mocks them like that? Oh to pretend he cares, you say...

What exactly is he replying to? No one able to answer that?

dems evidently love half the story, its so easy to twist and assume

Amazing that what he is replying to there is of no concern to anyone...
Sad

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
According to the quote it was to the act of laying on of hands, not any specific aspect of it. It's simple reading comprehension. You're just looking for an "out" for Trump, "Oh, he MEANT this, he MEANT that,..." blah blah blah nonsense. Take the story for what it is saying, that's it. You want to disagree that's fine but searching for something else, some other detail that isn't there at all isn't going to change the fact it's not there and it doesn't NEED to be there either.

Of course it needs to be there.

Geez

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It would be interesting to know what your excuse would be if it was there. Can you treat it as an hypothetical question?

Treat what as hypothetical? Go ahead, make something up.

At least you sort of admit there is no context there and as far as how I would respond if it were, I'd respond to someting that was there and not assumed. That simple.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,509.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Some folks are ready/anxious to believe anything negative about Trump. Second/third hand rumor and innuendo.
And all they base it on is previous behaviour.

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟368,509.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I really don't care. Still voting for him. I'm not voting for a religion, I'm voting for a United States President.
By a man's fruit shall he be known. Not selective fruit; not the fruit that we love....by ALL his fruit.

• Agree
Reactions: FireDragon76
Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Of course it needs to be there.
No, it doesn't need to be there. All the context needed is already there.
  • Trump participated with these Christian ministers in their Laying on of Hands ceremony, regardless whether they think it's magical or not, publicly like a Pharisee praying on the street corner
  • Behind their backs, he mocks them and the same ritual, which is a Christian one, not to mention the same one he voluntarily participated in
  • He is mocking Christianity by doing this
There's no way around it. There's nothing that can change the facts I listed above. You and others are desperate to find an "out" for him but in knowing you can't you are deflecting and dodging by pretending there is unknown information or context that matters.

There is no other context that matters. He hypocritically mocked a Christian ritual that he chose to participate in for public display.

The fact that you use minced oaths confirms for me what I already knew about you.

• Agree
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,971.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat

No surprises at all. He's as close as you could get to anti-Christ. He manipulates Christians for his own political benefit.

I had a series of talks years ago warning my pastor that I could sense that American Christians were not aware of how dangerous this man was, that his character flaws were more than mere pecadillos, but I think it fell on either deaf ears, or he felt his hands were bound to do anything meaningful about it. And I suspect that's where alot of people in small churches that are desperate for continuing donations felt. "Let's not talk about deeper ethical issues that might offend the comfortable white privilege of our congregations".

When fascism comes to the US, it is wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross, indeed. And the religious establishment in the US failed to protect the flock. Woe to them.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,971.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't believe he said it. But let's say he did? How does that negate the success of his policies? And what's our alternative? That scumbag, Biden? Do you really think he holds us in any higher regard?

Are you serious? How exactly have his policies been successful? He's been a wrecking ball in the world. Do Christians really think destruction and malice are net benefits for the world?

Upvote 0

MIDutch

Apr 3, 2020
Detroit
✟75,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Are you serious? How exactly have his policies been successful? He's been a wrecking ball in the world. Do Christians really think destruction and malice are net benefits for the world?
If they're trying to hasten the end times they might.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟368,509.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Oh. Okay. Well, I remember seeing her downcast, sullen and clearly unhappy face at the inauguration and at the time I felt a great deal of pity for her; now being trapped like that. Now I'm pretty impartial to her I guess.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,459.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
[STAFF EDITED DELETED QUOTE]
The first time I heard of the war on Christmas was on here. It's seems to come from the Conserve Right media . An exaggeration, that turned people crazy. Trump used it to get votes for the the party, he was seeking. Why would anyone care how people celebrate Christmas or doesn't? Of if someone says Happy Holliday? It's completely nonsense.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Agree
Reactions: FireDragon76
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,971.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
If they're trying to hasten the end times they might.

While that's possible, it doesn't explain Trump's appeal among nominal white Christians that aren't dispensational fundamentalists and don't have those kind of beliefs.

My own take on it- the Republicans have inveighed for years about the decline of morality, but they themselves never really took it all that seriously. It was always just an empty talking point for them.

That reminds me of a story about Confucius. Once he was visiting a court of a Chinese king, and the king told Confucius "I have trouble finding honest ministers, how do I find them?" And Confucius said "Be honest yourself".

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
While that's possible, it doesn't explain Trump's appeal among nominal white Christians that aren't dispensational fundamentalists...
A). He wasn’t “Hillary”
B). Nominal Christians are also “nominal politically”, they feel like they made their choice in 2016 and they’ll stick with that, rather than maybe admit that they didn’t think this whole “let’s let a game-show host run the country” idea through, all the way.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums