What (hard copy) Bible references do you rely on?

straykat

Apr 17, 2018
Catacombs
✟22,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What (hard copy) Bible references do you rely on? I'm just curious what you find useful. I had the idea of getting several books back in the day (gargantuan concordance, G/H dictionaries, general dictionary, topical bible, atlas, etc..), and have come to the conclusion that I'm wasting space. Except for the atlas. I love a good atlas. I don't really make use of word studies with a concordance, and have found this to be the one place where computers outshine them.

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
No matter what references used, always rely on the Father in heaven and ask Him for His Wisdom in all things and in every word read or heard.
Too many mistakes are in those references mentioned, or come from the using of them without knowing what the Father Reveals ,
and without verifying by His Word.

Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟995,630.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What (hard copy) Bible references do you rely on? I'm just curious what you find useful. I had the idea of getting several books back in the day (gargantuan concordance, G/H dictionaries, general dictionary, topical bible, atlas, etc..), and have come to the conclusion that I'm wasting space. Except for the atlas. I love a good atlas. I don't really make use of word studies with a concordance, and have found this to be the one place where computers outshine them.
Since pads and tablets have come on the scene I rarely use a hard copy of the Bible. Before then I used a Key Word Study Bible which footnote commentary, Strong's numbers in the text and a concordance in the back
I have the free E-Sword Bible program on my laptop it has many bible version available, lexicons, concordances etc. I have 17 versions on my LT.
Here is a link to a somewhat dated version of Bauer, Arndt, Gingrich,, Danker Greek lexicon. The problem with it is it doesn't display the Greek. You can search in it but not DL the program.
A Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament and Other Early Christian Literature, Gingrich & Danker
And the Brown, Driver, Briggs Hebrew lexicon can be DL at Internet Archive.
Brown-Driver-Briggs Hebrew-English Lexicon to the Old Testament : Francis Brown : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others

Only the ones that can't be found online or in digital format. What's the point of having to page through a bunch of hardcopy when you can instead just "search" for any references you might need?

That's not to say that I don't have some hardcopy references (after all, we do have power outages, etc.) but they mostly end up sitting on the shelf as I have much of it in digital too.

Reactions: straykat
Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What (hard copy) Bible references do you rely on? I'm just curious what you find useful.

A good study Bible is great, because everything's together in one place.

And one never has enough Bible commentaries.

Upvote 0

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I sometimes may use a Matthew Henry commentary.
I actually only use a hard copy Bible, but understand that if you want to compare then I would use maybe Biblehub.
I go along with Yeshuaslavejeff says in post 3. As much as possible the Bible itself.

Upvote 0