United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Interpreting doesn't equate believing.
In a real way it does: unless you're lying about your interpretation, your interpretation is what you believe is being said.

Some is less than all and less than most. Subtract some from all and what you have left is most.

Reactions: iluvatar5150
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
At a political rally over the weekend, Donald Trump mockingly asked where is Nikki Haley's husband?

Haley tweeted (in response):

"Michael is deployed serving our country, something you know nothing about. Someone who continually disrespects the sacrifices of military families has no business being commander in chief."

[Haleys's husband, Major Michael Haley, is serving in the National Guard and is currently deployed to Camp Lemonnier in Djibouti. ]

Why is the national guard in Djibouti?

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I could see a lot of justifiable outrage if Michael Haley is on the front lines fighting a battle. But he's stationed at a training facility.

We have a military base in Djibouti. National Guard units rotate through there for training purposes.

Thank you...I wasn't sure what the National Guard was doing in Djibouti.

For anyone not familiar, the National Guard is the branch of the military you don't call up when BLM rioters are doing billions of damage in 2020, or when your Capitol is being overrun by protesters on January 6th even though you requested them on January 4th....

Don't ask me what they actually do...I don't know. If military branches were genders....the National Guard would be non-binary. We can tell you what they aren't....but have no idea what they are.

• Haha
Reactions: BPPLEE
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Thank you...I wasn't sure what the National Guard was doing in Djibouti.

For anyone not familiar, the National Guard is the branch of the military you don't call up when BLM rioters are doing billions of damage in 2020, or when your Capitol is being overrun by protesters on January 6th even though you requested them on January 4th....

Don't ask me what they actually do...I don't know. If military branches were genders....the National Guard would be non-binary. We can tell you what they aren't....but have no idea what they are.
My (albeit limited) understanding of things is that your description is somewhat antiquated, and that the NG is more likely to be called up regularly to augment f/t troops than they were in the past.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
“I feel no need to kiss the ring,” she said in Greenville, S.C., pledging to continue her pursuit of the 2024 Republican presidential nomination beyond Saturday’s primary in South Carolina, her home state. “I have no fear of Trump’s retribution. I’m not looking for anything from him. My own political future is of zero concern.”
Ms. Haley also contended that many of the Republican politicians “who now publicly embrace Trump privately dread him” and were “too afraid” to speak up, despite knowing he had been “a disaster” for the party.

She further stated she will not drop out until the last primary is over....

Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟151,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
“I feel no need to kiss the ring,” she said in Greenville, S.C., pledging to continue her pursuit of the 2024 Republican presidential nomination beyond Saturday’s primary in South Carolina, her home state. “I have no fear of Trump’s retribution. I’m not looking for anything from him. My own political future is of zero concern.”
Ms. Haley also contended that many of the Republican politicians “who now publicly embrace Trump privately dread him” and were “too afraid” to speak up, despite knowing he had been “a disaster” for the party.

She further stated she will not drop out until the last primary is over....

Haley is right. And sadly she was one of Trump's enablers too. I don't think she's any better than those whom she now criticizes. Same thing with Chris Christie. Donald Trump can't benefit them now, so now they grow a conscience? Uh uh! Two faced people are usually just showing us the one side we want to see in the moment. I'd rather she win the republican nomination, but not sure I could bring myself to vote for her.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Haley is right. And sadly she was one of Trump's enablers too. I don't think she's any better than those whom she now criticizes. Same thing with Chris Christie. Donald Trump can't benefit them now, so now they grow a conscience? Uh uh!
It's a smidgen better than the politicians who denounced Trump on January 7th, but have seen which way the wind was blowing as time went on and jumped back onto the Trump bandwagon. (to mix-mangle some metaphors)

Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟151,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's a smidgen better than the politicians who denounced Trump on January 7th, but have seen which way the wind was blowing as time went on and jumped back onto the Trump bandwagon. (to mix-mangle some metaphors)

Yeah, I will give Mrs Haley that benefit of my doubt. The GOP woman is the leader of the unqualified (my own parameters) republican contingency of Trump enablers. At least she is setting an example for them that it's OK to acknowledge the reality of what Mr Trump has inflicted on America and their own party. And that it is perfectly rational to part ways with his destructive force and intimidation. One day she and Cheney might find purchase in the republican party for their courage and principles. I'm trying not to laugh at that last bit because I know it's too soon for this.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
FWIW, it was only half of them.

You know, to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trump's supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables.

Female Trump supporters exhibit weak correlation with elevated subclinical psychopathy, study finds

When examining Dark Triad personality traits, Engelbrecht and her colleagues found that psychopathy showed a significant, albeit weak, relationship with a preference for Trump in the matchups where he was featured. This finding suggests that women with higher levels of subclinical psychopathy, characterized by impulsivity and remorselessness, were slightly more inclined to support Trump, irrespective of the specific electoral matchup.

Fertility Fails to Predict Voter Preference for the 2020 Election: A Pre-Registered Replication of Navarrete et al. (2010)

Candidate intelligence and participant psychopathy scores on the Dark Triad were found to be factors in preference for Obama/Biden or Trump, respectively.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums