Nairobi
✟55,269.00
Country
Kenya
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Please help me to answer the above question.... Any ideas?

Paul writes to Timothy in 1Ti 6:11 ISV But you, man of God, must flee from all these things. Instead, you must pursue righteousness, godliness, faithfulness, love, endurance, and gentleness.

What does godliness mean?

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Paul writes to Timothy in 1Ti 6:11 ISV But you, man of God, must flee from all these things. Instead, you must pursue righteousness, godliness, faithfulness, love, endurance, and gentleness.

Love of God and others in it's most pure form. That was the example that Jesus set for us. Jesus loved us in an unconditional manner and then gave His life, so that you can gain immortal life.

God is love!

Godliness can only ever be a deep, unconditional love of others.

The goal of all Christian instruction is love from a pure heart.

Reactions: SkyWriting
Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟962,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Living in agreement with God's Word as you currently understand it. (The Holy Spirit will continue to fine tune that understanding as you go forward. ;))

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

As most of the other aspects of love are given in the verse I guess it means to think like God thinks, see things from his point of view.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,301.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single

Here's your direct answer from the Bible:

John 14:12
Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

God fearing (reverence for God) devout

Upvote 0

grace4ever

Apr 29, 2018
Florida
✟12,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for your excellent question. According to DaVaun Sanders in his website “the classroom” this word comes from the Greek “Piety” which means the son’s devotion to the Father. This word is mentioned fourteen times in the New Testament in the Bible in the letters of Peter and Paul. So, “godliness” in the Bible is mainly used to describe a positive way of life serving God and his church, and inspired reflection by the Holy Spirt in the principles of the Christian faith. Mr. Sanders says: In the second letter of Peter, the apostle describes “godliness” as an attribute that Christians should possess. He includes it with other very good qualities such as virtue, knowledge and patience. Peter also says that this must be practiced by believers, considering they are living in obedience to the truth in expectation for a new heaven and a new earth because we are citizens from heaven.

• Agree
Reactions: ForHimbyHim
Upvote 0