May 16, 2015
✟120,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well it's easy to see you've picked up some oddball teachings from someone, and I'm not interested in trying to pick them apart.
"oddball teachings" is just your unwillingness (your own spirit) to accept advice that would do you more good when understood with humility and a circumcished heart :heart:.

For you to possibly think that the Holy Bible could exist without Christ Jesus (Word) shows your lack of knowledge about the Word (John 1:1-18)

Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟164,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
"oddball teachings" is just your unwillingness (your own spirit) to accept advice that would do you more good when understood with humility and a circumcished heart :heart:.

For you to possibly think that the Holy Bible could exist without Christ Jesus (Word) shows your lack of knowledge about the Word (John 1:1-18)

You're not in any position to teach me there dear.

Just move on, maybe someone else wishes to entertain your nonsense.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Doing so is because the eyes of your heart need a refreshing of your spiritual sight.

That's like saying the written word (scripture) is not of God or not of Christ or not of the Holy Spirit. Like saying that even the red letter edition is not Jesus.

The "Word" is Christ and Christ is God. I'm not sure why you so easily dismiss the fact that the Living Word (Holy Bible) is not attributed to Jesus (John 1:1-18).

DO YOU NOT REALIZE that without Christ Jesus there would be no Holy BIble?

John 1:14 ... John 1:14 - Bible Gateway
It would do all of us to mediate on His Word ... Bible Gateway passage: John 1:1-18 - New King James Version ... including modern Pastors​
I don't know why you believe that the written word is living. Jesus is The Life and he has Life in Himself. Jesus had this to say about the Bible that existed up until His day:
John 5:38-40
"..............nor does His word abide in you, because you do not believe the One He sent. You pore over the Scriptures because you presume that by them you possess eternal life. These are the very words that testify about Me, yet you refuse to come to Me to have life.…"

Everyone who knows Jesus has eternal life. I've met plenty of people with theological degrees and doctorates who are spiritually dead. Sure, all Christians need to study the Bible. I have a reasonable knowledge of the Bible. In the NT I read that Paul's greatest desire was to know Jesus. He did not say that he wanted a better understanding of the Bible.

Upvote 0

AbbaLove

Circumcism Of The Heart
May 16, 2015
✟120,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
You're not in any position to teach me there dear.

Just move on, maybe someone else wishes to entertain your nonsense.
You did not start this thread, you are no "Gentle Lamb" and you lack a loving spirit. You don't deserve to have the last word when you still don't grasp John 1:1 ... that the Holy Bible would not exist without the Word (being Christ). Hopefully my now you've had time to see that your opinion of "oddball teaching" was faulty.

Upvote 0

AbbaLove

Circumcism Of The Heart
May 16, 2015
✟120,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I don't know why you believe that the written word is living.
Why you and Pete insist on saying "I don't know why you believe the the "written word" is living". It's becoming obvious that you both are making mischief when you both should know by now that what i believe and what you both should also believe is that the Word (not word) is alive (living) and well.

The religious elders, scribes and Pharisees didn't get it and apparently some christians don't get it. Is it possible that you and Pete still don't grasp the living meaning of John 1:1. Meaning that the Word is alive now as it was at the beginging ...

Do you not yet grasp the Spiritual meaning of the Word in all English translations ... John 1:1 - Bible Gateway ...

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.​

Why do you not believe that the Word (Christ) is living as indicative of John 1:1 ... pray that the Lord will open the eyes of your heart to see the Word as Christ ever alive (living) ...

I believe that you actually agree that Christ (Word) is alive, living and active in the hearts of His Church. So why do you continue to debate when His Church (ekklesia, meaning "called-out" chosen ones) grasps John 1:1 as new born again creations (Titus 3:5) ...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Why you and Pete insist on saying "I don't know why you believe the the "written word" is living". It's becoming obvious that you both are making mischief when you both should know by now that what i believe and what you both should also believe is that the Word (not word) is alive (living) and well.

The religious elders, scribes and Pharisees didn't get it and apparently some christians don't get it. Is it possible that you and Pete still don't grasp the living meaning of John 1:1. Meaning that the Word is alive now as it was at the beginging ...

Do you not yet grasp the Spiritual meaning of the Word in all English translations ... John 1:1 - Bible Gateway ...

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.​

Why do you not believe that the Word (Christ) is living as indicative of John 1:1 ... pray that the Lord will open the eyes of your heart to see the Word as Christ ever alive (living) ...

I believe that you actually agree that Christ (Word) is alive, living and active in the hearts of His Church. So why do you continue to debate when His Church (ekklesia, meaning "called-out" chosen ones) grasps John 1:1 as new born again creations (Titus 3:5) ...

I don't know why you think a book is the Word of God. Do you think that a Bible sits on the throne? Do you think that the Bible is the total revelation of everything there is to know about God? I do not. God is way bigger than the Bible.

Upvote 0

AbbaLove

Circumcism Of The Heart
May 16, 2015
✟120,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I don't know why you think a book(Holy Bilbe) is the Word of God. Do you think that a Bible sits on the throne? Do you think that the Bible is the total revelation of everything there is to know about God? I do not. God is way bigger than the Bible.
Are you also overlooking/missing/ignoring the context of John1:1, 14, 18 ... thinking instead a better translation (to your way of religious thinking) should be understood as ...

in the beginnng was the written word, and the written word was with God and the written word was God.​

Is it possible your veiled eyesight is indicative of the lack of accountability in more than a few of todays' modern performance churches ...

It's becoming quite apparent why The Accountability In The Church" should be of concern when too many of today's church members can't or don't want to accept John 1:1, 14, 18 for what it clearly is. They may say they do, but from the above posts by you and the crusader we should ask ... Are they really among the chosen, called out ones of the Lord when the eyes of their religious hearts are clouded/veiled by man's religious denominational infighting and name calling when it comes to interpreting scripture.

What makes you think Christ(Word) is just written (e.g. ten commandments) and not also spoken (e.g. “Of every tree of the garden you may freely eat; but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die.”) Who do you think walked with Adam ...

Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the LORD God as He was walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and they hid from the LORD God among the trees of the garden. But the LORD God called to the man, "Where are you?" He answered, "I heard you in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; so I hid."​
"The LORD would speak to Moses face to face, as one speaks to a friend." (Exodus 33:11)​
"To the faithful you show yourself faithful, to the blameless you show yourself blameless. To the pure you show yourself pure, but to the devious you show yourself shrewd." (Psalm 18:25-26)

Your pretense that you don't grasp the context of John 1:1, 14, 18 suggests you show yourself shrewd? See your beginning quote as evidence of your devious/shrewd mindset? Then with religious pride some will initiate name calling.

To the religious blind that can't comprehend the Word(Christ/Lord God) it is foolishness ...​

"For the Word of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God." (! Corinthians 1:18)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AbbaLove

Circumcism Of The Heart
May 16, 2015
✟120,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Edit: Forgot to insert the "?" in above reply (in bold) so as not to be misinterpreted ... when it comes to who's Who (devious/shrewd) as far as a pastor's accountability in today's churches ... Psalm 18:26 - Bible Gateway ... prefer translations such as: AMP, CEV and even the MSG - "You take the side of the down-and-out, But the stuck-up you take down a notch" (e.g. Luke 18:10)

The KJV gives us another interpretation when God's anger rises against those that are fighting against Him and turning others against Him and God forbid even Jezebel's in the church.

26 With the pure thou wilt shew thyself pure; and with the froward thou wilt shew thyself froward (KJV).

Will God Himself go so far as to show Himself "froward" to wayward churches that wink at accountability?

Upvote 0