Browns Mills
✟7,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hi, everyone! Are there any Christians who can interpret this shark dream for me?

Here's the dream: I remember going into a shark cage. Then a great white shark appears and rips the chain connecting the cage to the boat. The shark retreats and waits for the cage to hit the ocean floor. I see the shark launching itself at full speed and viciously tries to create an opening between the bars that is big enough to squeeze through. I knew the shark was trying to kill me. I manage to get out of the cage and try to swim to the surface. I was halfway to the surface when the shark attacked me again, but I miraculously dodged the attack. Then I woke up from the dream.

According to Genesis and Acts, dreams and visions are symbols that aren't to be taken literally. Any thoughts on what this dream means would be helpful. Thank you!

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi, everyone! Are there any Christians who can interpret this shark dream for me?

Here's the dream: I remember going into a shark cage. Then a great white shark appears and rips the chain connecting the cage to the boat. The shark retreats and waits for the cage to hit the ocean floor. I see the shark launching itself at full speed and viciously tries to create an opening between the bars that is big enough to squeeze through. I knew the shark was trying to kill me. I manage to get out of the cage and try to swim to the surface. I was halfway to the surface when the shark attacked me again, but I miraculously dodged the attack. Then I woke up from the dream.

According to Genesis and Acts, dreams and visions are symbols that aren't to be taken literally. Any thoughts on what this dream means would be helpful. Thank you!

Be grateful ... for many things ...

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,695.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hello & welcome @MaryMagdalene1 .

As you can probably already tell, there are many here who do not embrace the phenomena of Dreams & Visions. That view is called Cessationism.

It is against the rules, here, to give personal prophecies or interpret dreams in the open forum, but if you want to talk about Dreams & Visions, generally (without Cessationist interference), the Sign Gifts forum is the best place to do so.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Julian King

Dec 15, 2018
Birmingham
✟9,108.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced

Hi Mary.

I'd like to suggest this as a possible interpretation:
The shark is the devil, the enemy.
The shark cage is a place you go to/have gone to, that you think will be a place of safety.
The boat is your church/circle of Christian friends.

The shark rips the chain connecting the cage to the boat- this symbolises that the enemy manages/ is trying to, disconnect you from your church/circle of friends, because he thinks that he will then have a better chance of devouring you= making your life worse in some way, or putting you off Christianity.

But the good news is that you manage to escape.

So if this interpretation resonates with anything currently happening in your life, or anything that is to happen soon, then the good news is that you will come through it.

I would suggest definitely talk to God about the dream, and ask Him for an interpretation, and if it resonates with a current situation, then consider also talking to your Christian friends and/or your pastor/ an experienced Christian, preferably one you trust, about it.

Upvote 0
Dec 17, 2018
Browns Mills
✟7,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hi Mary.

I'd like to suggest this as a possible interpretation:
The shark is the devil, the enemy.
The shark cage is a place you go to/have gone to, that you think will be a place of safety.
The boat is your church/circle of Christian friends.

The shark rips the chain connecting the cage to the boat- this symbolises that the enemy manages/ is trying to, disconnect you from your church/circle of friends, because he thinks that he will then have a better chance of devouring you= making your life worse in some way, or putting you off Christianity.

But the good news is that you manage to escape.

So if this interpretation resonates with anything currently happening in your life, or anything that is to happen soon, then the good news is that you will come through it.

I would suggest definitely talk to God about the dream, and ask Him for an interpretation, and if it resonates with a current situation, then consider also talking to your Christian friends and/or your pastor/ an experienced Christian, preferably one you trust, about it.

That is a very interesting interpretation. I love the church I currently go to. The trouble is there's a man (let's call him James) who goes to my church who makes me feel uncomfortable. My male friends (Richard and Patrick) who go to the same church as me told me that the reason why James keeps trying to talk to me is because he wants to apologize for past inappropriate behaviors and be friends again. My biggest concern with this is James has been known to apologize and repeat the same behaviors again, which indicates insincerity. There were a couple times in the past where I tried to leave my church, because being around James makes me uneasy. Both times, one of my male friends convinced me to go back (let's call him Richard). Lately, Richard and Patrick have been doubting my concerns and wondering if I'm being paranoid.

Upvote 0

Julian King

Dec 15, 2018
Birmingham
✟9,108.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
MaryMagdalene1 said:
That is a very interesting interpretation. I love the church I currently go to. The trouble is there's a man (let's call him James) who goes to my church who makes me feel uncomfortable. My male friends (Richard and Patrick) who go to the same church as me told me that the reason why James keeps trying to talk to me is because he wants to apologize for past inappropriate behaviors and be friends again. My biggest concern with this is James has been known to apologize and repeat the same behaviors again, which indicates insincerity. There were a couple times in the past where I tried to leave my church, because being around James makes me uneasy. Both times, one of my male friends convinced me to go back (let's call him Richard). Lately, Richard and Patrick have been doubting my concerns and wondering if I'm being paranoid.
Thank you for that information- the dream obviously relates to the situation you've described, but I can't really advise you on what you should do because I don't know James or your friends.

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mod hat on
291408_e6cf608610e995bd8499eea7250caff4.jpeg

this thread has been moved from
Introduce Yourself
to
Sign Gifts
for a better fit and responses.
Carry on.

Upvote 0
Dec 17, 2018
Browns Mills
✟7,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Welcome to the site!

I would say that most dreams probably don't have any meaning at all. Your description suggests there's nothing "godly" linked to the dream so I'd be careful to think if it means anything. Nevertheless, if you believe it does mean something you should probably talk to a fellow brother or sister at your local church about it.
I believe it does mean something, because the night before the dream, I asked God to communicate with me through my dreams. I believe the shark represents Satan attacking me and is trying to kill me spiritually.

Upvote 0

GTW27

Aug 31, 2007
Western Pa
✟203,836.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Blessings in Christ Jesus! I believe you already know the meaning of this dream. The only question you need to ask yourself is why you even entered the shark cage.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Dec 17, 2018
Browns Mills
✟7,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Blessings in Christ Jesus! I believe you already know the meaning of this dream. The only question you need to ask yourself is why you even entered the shark cage.
I think I did it, because I wanted to face my fears head-on. I can only run from my problems for so long. Sooner or later, I have to face my problems and fight to conquer it. Right?

• Agree
Reactions: GTW27
Upvote 0

Julian King

Dec 15, 2018
Birmingham
✟9,108.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
MaryMagdalene1 said:
I think I did it, because I wanted to face my fears head-on. I can only run from my problems for so long. Sooner or later, I have to face my problems and fight to conquer it. Right?
I think the shark cage is a place where you thought you would be safe- ie where you thought you might be safe from James- in which case, it was a place where you ran away from your fears, and not a place where you faced them.

And yet, it was still connected to the boat (your church), meaning that you still stayed in contact with your Christian friends.

That's not to say that you shouldn't speak to James about the situation- I can't comment on that. All I can tell you is what I think the cage part of the dream is saying.

Upvote 0
Dec 17, 2018
Browns Mills
✟7,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I think the shark cage is a place where you thought you would be safe- ie where you thought you might be safe from James- in which case, it was a place where you ran away from your fears, and not a place where you faced them.

It got to the point where I felt like I wasn't safe anywhere. And the chain completely got detached from the boat, which makes me think the dream is saying I'm basically on my own without the church's help. It seems like this is a battle only I can fight with God as my ally.

Upvote 0

Julian King

Dec 15, 2018
Birmingham
✟9,108.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
It got to the point where I felt like I wasn't safe anywhere. And the chain completely got detached from the boat, which makes me think the dream is saying I'm basically on my own without the church's help. It seems like this is a battle only I can fight with God as my ally.
No, Mary. Remember, it was the shark that detached the cage from the boat- the Devil wants you separated from your church and your Christian friends because it makes it easier for him to either make your life more difficult, or persuade not to be so committed to being a Christian- remember, 1 Peter 5:8, the Devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour, and it's easier for lions to catch prey (Christians) if they can separate them from the herd (their Christian friends). So, I would suggest that you need to stay in contact with Christians- as Hebrews 10:25 urges us- do not detach yourself from Christian fellowship.

Upvote 0

Julian King

Dec 15, 2018
Birmingham
✟9,108.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
I understand stretching the Gospel to teach the gift of "dream interpretation" it is a very popular thing these days. The DREAMER will be able to interpret their own dream if it is from God, through His Holy Spirit. No need to seek others for this. You must understand that this practice is from the "new age" movement and not from God. How would anyone be able to discern who is correct in the interpretation? There are many who claim to have this gift and I truly believe if you pursued with earnest several interpreters, you would get a different meaning from each and everyone.
Additionally, if Paul does not list "dream interpreter" as one of the gifts, is it not wise to take him at his word? There is a good reason for it. No such gift.
Blessings
HI Maria.

Since the interpretation of the dream offered in posting 7 lined up with Mary's experiences in posting 8 regarding the possibility of her becoming disconnected from her church, that suggests that dream interpretation is a gift that the Holy Spirit still gives to the body of Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Site Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,227,025.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
MOD HAT ON
This is a safe house forum for those members who believe that the sign gifts are still active today. Criticizing or mocking members who hold that view is not allowed.
Also if you have not posted in the Read and Agree thread for this forum please do so now.

MOD HAT OFF

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
I believe it does mean something, because the night before the dream, I asked God to communicate with me through my dreams. I believe the shark represents Satan attacking me and is trying to kill me spiritually.
Just to encourage you, my wife and I have experienced many dreams from the Lord.
You asked the Lord to speak to you through dreams and he most certainly did.

The above reminds me of about ten years ago when my wife and I were talking about dreams in a home group. The response was negative with most declaring that they didn't get dreams and certainly nothing from the Lord.

So we challenged them to repent of their negativity before the Lord. We prayed with them and then asked them to keep a note pad and pen beside the bed each night, and go to sleep prayerfully.

Come the next week, everyone reported experiencing dreams!
It was a real turn around for some of them.

As long as we can recall them sensibly, we always write dreams down. Only then do we try and interpret them.
Some are instantly obvious, others make no sense at present. Every now and then we read through our dream books to see if any further light can be cast on them.

Dreams and visions should be an important part of a Christian's life. I know my path has been directed amazingly by such things.

Four years ago the Lord led us to sell our house and move hundreds of miles away to a new location through dreams etc.
I have had many dreams that the Lord used to show me things regarding my business and home life.

So keep on dreaming sister!

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
MOD HAT ON
This is a safe house forum for those members who believe that the sign gifts are still active today. Criticizing or mocking members who hold that view is not allowed.
Also if you have not posted in the Read and Agree thread for this forum please do so now.

MOD HAT OFF
Thank you.

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
I am impressed with the way you have interpreted the dream, and with some of the good contributions.

I always tell people that at the end of the day, no matter what your brothers and sisters contribute to interpretation, it is you alone who must discern the truth from among our help.

So, here are my thoughts.
Sometimes the Lord uses painful situations to kick start the next stage in our lives. You can see that repeatedly through the scriptures.

It's interesting that the cage was initially still chained to the boat, indicating only a partial separation, whilst retaining the ability to climb back on board.

ie. You left the church, but still held on to the spiritual bondages (the cage) from the church, bondages that made you feel safe!

The shark attack ends up with you still imprisoned in your "safe place", but now broken away from the church.

Further attacks cause a second escape, this time from your prison/"safe place", -last remnant of that church.

So, despite the scary swim, you are now a free spirit with only the Lord to protect you!

One thing you can be sure of, having asked him, the Lord will absolutely direct your path.
Bravo!

Upvote 0
Jan 27, 2019
Winston-Salem
✟17,405.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi, this is how I interpret the dream: The boat represents your ministry or purpose. White in the negative sense is a religious spirit and a shark could represent a con artist/someone who deceives. Could be somebody with influence or a religious spirit. I would say this means that there is a religious spirit or leader who's dealing with a religious spirit that is attached to your ministry or purpose (chain) that is keeping you captive (cage) from moving in what you're meant to do.

Pray against the attacks of the enemy and for guidance in moving forward in your purpose. I welcome any feedback you have. God bless you!

Hello & welcome @MaryMagdalene1 .

As you can probably already tell, there are many here who do not embrace the phenomena of Dreams & Visions. That view is called Cessationism.

It is against the rules, here, to give personal prophecies or interpret dreams in the open forum, but if you want to talk about Dreams & Visions, generally (without Cessationist interference), the Sign Gifts forum is the best place to do so.

Upvote 0