Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I've see a few statements on threads about MAGA and people challenging the phrase.

I would like to hear what MAGA means to you. Not what you think MAGA means to others. But what does MAGA mean to you personally.

I don't want this thread to turn into an argument, or a debate, but a view. This way we can see what MAGA really means to each other. It may or may not be enlightening, but I guess we will see. So please post what MAGA means to you personally. Please don't challenge other people's posts. Ready, set, go!

MAGA is really only about a few things

1) Americans should not be self hating about themselves and their country (in spite of how liberal educators try to indoctrinate us at ever lowering ages as far as the education system goes). Americans should take genuine pride in their accomplishments. This can be done without white washing the problems of the past.

2) American should stop being the World's Policeman and should prioritize fixing our own problems at home.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟141,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
MAGA is really only about a few things

1) Americans should not be self hating about themselves and their country (in spite of how liberal educators try to indoctrinate us at ever lowing ages as far as the education system goes).

2) American should stop being the World's Policeman and should prioritize fixing our own problems at home.
1). Awfully hard to do with the Divider-in-Chief sitting in the Oval Office
2). Yes, cutting the defense budget in half and using that windfall to fund education and universal healthcare is a grand idea!

Upvote 0

Charlie24

Oct 17, 2014
✟103,731.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
He's repeated it several times, by your own count. At what point does it stop becoming a 'careless statement' and turn into an intentional attempt to mislead?

That's been mentioned quite a few times, and it's also misleading. They paid us for equipment 40 years ago. They never got what they paid for, so they got their money back with interest.

Who in their right mind would make appeasement with a terrorist state by sending $1.5 B in cash, who are desperate for money to create terror throughout the world?

There were other choices that Obama ignored.

• Winner
Reactions: RushMAN
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I disagree. Plenty of people made a good living regardless of sex or color. They worked for it just like the rest of us.
When was that?

• Agree
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
Who in their right mind would make appeasement with a terrorist state by sending $1.5 B in cash.
Who said anything about appeasement? It was their money.

And they’re not that desperate for money. 1.5 billion isn’t that much on their scale. They have well over a trillion.

Upvote 0

Charlie24

Oct 17, 2014
✟103,731.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Who said anything about appeasement? It was their money.

And they’re not that desperate for money. 1.5 billion isn’t that much on their scale. They have well over a trillion.

Yea, you're right! They probably gave that small amount of money to the poor in Iran.

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
Yea, you're right! They probably gave that small amount of money to the poor in Iran.
I don’t know what they did with it. But acting like we made some huge contribution to them by giving them money we owed them in the first place, money that wouldn’t even amount to half a percent of what they have, is more than a little silly.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Unfortunately, it was legally their money. Do you think anybody tells Mr. Trump how to spend his money? Now, granted it is usually other people's money anyway that he is spending,

Now, why is a debate about Iran clogging up a thread about MAGA? That's how threads get closed, folks.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,157,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
MAGA:
A feeling that once America was easier to make it in (which is true), and then...

a wishful hope that somehow we could turn back the clock to that easier time

Of course, one could try to turn back the clock on costs -- one could buy a far less fancy car(!) and get something a little more like a car from the 70s == which was vastly more simple and basic than most modern automobiles.

And how about a far less fancy house(!), with less fancy improvements in it, again, more like the smaller and less fancy houses of the 1960s that people bought in the 1970s....

In some parts of the nation, modest homes can cost almost as much(!) as newer ones, when the area is very crowded and in high demand -- and in those areas are high land prices -- but...in many parts of the nation, older houses are less expensive than the more fancy modern ones.

So, one could turn back the clock on expenses....

And then there is medical expense...the cost of which has naturally risen and risen over decades, because of course people are willing to pay whatever they can to stay alive. The nature of medical expense in a free market where some doctors are better than others and some treatments/drugs seemingly better is that this situation will cause prices to rise to take whatever money is available. If average wages go up...then, medical costs will go up because more money is available, inevitably, under a free market.

But, sans medical costs or land prices in certain areas, one could at least turn back the clock on other expenses.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Charlie24

Oct 17, 2014
✟103,731.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I don’t know what they did with it. But acting like we made some huge contribution to them by giving them money we owed them in the first place, money that wouldn’t even amount to half a percent of what they have, is more than a little silly.

They don't have that money now due to the sanctions by our great president Donald J. Trump.

Upvote 0

Charlie24

Oct 17, 2014
✟103,731.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Unfortunately, it was legally their money. Do you think anybody tells Mr. Trump how to spend his money? Now, granted it is usually other people's money anyway that he is spending,

Now, why is a debate about Iran clogging up a thread about MAGA? That's how threads get closed, folks.

I made an off topic post to an off topic post, you know how it goes!

But I do apologize, I shouldn't have done that, sorry!

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
They don't have that money now due to the sanctions by our great president Donald J. Trump.
No, they still have the money. They’ve lost money because of the sanctions, sure, but it’s not like that just erases what they had.

And they also have more uranium and are closer to a full weapon than ever before, which was was precisely what the sanctions were supposed to stop. So good job, yeah.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I made an off topic post to an off topic post, you know how it goes!

But I do apologize, I shouldn't have done that, sorry!
Bless you.:preach:

• Friendly
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,157,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
To me, it seems rather clearcut. Following a long period of decline under Obama, Trump committed himself to returning the USA to economic prosperity and self-respect.
Look closely at the actual growth by quarter, from 2000 through 2020 2nd quarter (through June 30, 2020) --

GDPAnnualQuarterlyQ22020.PNG

Calculated Risk: Year-over-year and Quarterly Change in Real GDP

• Informative
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,055.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Of course Make America Great again can mean different things to different people.

I think one of the main ideas was to have the United States realize there's no reason why a nation so big in natural resources can't basically be self-sufficient. Actually Trump's MAGA very much reminds me of President McKinleys who advocated tariffs as a way for prosperity. It was put America first. The end result of his work I believe demonstrated he was right.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The nation's economic wellbeing isn't rated only by the GDP.

Under Trump, all other economic indicators took off--unemployment further declined, black and Hispanic unemployment reached historic lows, the stock market continued upwards, interest rates on investments increased, home sales took off, etc. etc.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟699,726.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I've see a few statements on threads about MAGA and people challenging the phrase.

I would like to hear what MAGA means to you. Not what you think MAGA means to others. But what does MAGA mean to you personally.

I don't want this thread to turn into an argument, or a debate, but a view. This way we can see what MAGA really means to each other. It may or may not be enlightening, but I guess we will see. So please post what MAGA means to you personally. Please don't challenge other people's posts. Ready, set, go!

It is reminiscent of when Regan was running:

The Ronald Reagan campaign slogan “Make America Great Again” was first used at the Republican National Convention in July 1980, when the then-candidate accepted the Republican Party’s nomination for president. “For those who’ve abandoned hope,” he said, “we’ll restore hope and we’ll welcome them into a great national crusade to make America great again
I liked it then, and I like it today. The left hated Reagan also, but not as violently as Trump.

• Winner
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟699,726.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

It is reminiscent of when Regan was running:

The Ronald Reagan campaign slogan “Make America Great Again” was first used at the Republican National Convention in July 1980, when the then-candidate accepted the Republican Party’s nomination for president. “For those who’ve abandoned hope,” he said, “we’ll restore hope and we’ll welcome them into a great national crusade to make America great again
I liked it then, and I like it today. The left hated Reagan also, but not as violently as Trump.

• Winner
Upvote 0