What does MAGA mean?

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,071.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Well it's time for me to share what MAGA means to me.

First let me share what I don't believe MAGA means. I don't believe MAGA means we go back to a specific time in America and incorporate all the things in that time. For example, I don't think it means we go back to the 50's and just have everything the 50's had. Same goes for any time in Americas history. That's because America has always been imperfect. It's imperfect because human beings govern and live here. America wasn't perfect when the American Indians were the sole human occupants. They had wars, slaves and often were quite cruel with each other.

We cannot point to anytime in our history were America was perfect. So MAGA does not mean go back to a specific time.

To me MAGA means bring back specific things that made America great. MAGA means bring back jobs. We want plentiful and abundant opportunities. We want a person to be able to start a business without overburdensome regulation. I want American to be more independent. America has not always been so depedant on other countries for our goods. I don't mean isolationist. We should produce our own goods which provide for good strong paying jobs. We should be manufacturing our own goods. We used to have that. It's been shown that we do better economically when we have that.

MAGA means to bring back God as an important part of American Life I want God and faith to be great again in America. I want Americans to believe there is a higher power that should guide us in our daily lives and in our governance. We used to have that.

MAGA means bring back the two parent intact family. I want family to be seen as vital to America. Family's with a mom and dad. It's a proven fact that children do better and are healthier mentally when there is a two parent intact home.

It means bring back Americas reasonable college and university demands which provided for lower costs of education. Which in turn provided for cheaper services such as medical care.

It means bring back America's pride and individualism with less.demands on government to provide for us.

I could go on, but that's enough. All this along with today's understanding of the need for equality. All people are created equal and all people should have equal opportunity. Not equal outcomes, but equal opportunities. Equal access.

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Let's take America back to pre-1919 less Jim Crow. That sounds like a more American America. To me MAGA is returning to the fundamental roots of American idealism: Rugged individualism, small and limited government, with liberty and justice for all. It would be a dramatic shift to return the American mindset to once again believing the government solely exists to protect people's rights, rather than being an oppressive authority.

• Winner
Reactions: Bobber
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,692.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Let's take America back to pre-1919 less Jim Crow. That sounds like a more American America. To me MAGA is returning to the fundamental roots of American idealism: Rugged individualism, small and limited government, with liberty and justice for all.
And also no women's suffrage.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,071.00
Faith
Pentecostal

That's why I said with today's outlook on equality. There were times in American history that would be greater with equality.

Individualism, less government interference with equality of today and the times would have been greater.

MAGA dies not mean a return to something with all the ills intact. It means a return to the great portions with today's understanding of equality. The good stuff brought forward to today.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MIDutch

Apr 3, 2020
Detroit
✟75,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
See pos

See post 88 I decided just to do one post rather than address each individually.
And yet you saw fit to scold me individually, and NOT the persons who made the initial off-topic posts to which I was replying.

I suppose I should be honored.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

MIDutch

Apr 3, 2020
Detroit
✟75,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
That's why I said with today's outlook on equality. There were times in American history that would be greater with equality.

Individualism, less government interference with equality of today and the times would have been greater.

MAGA dies not mean a return to something with all the ills intact. It means a return to the great portions with today's understanding of equality. The good stuff brought forward to today.
Bummer that you can't seem to convince the neo-nazis and new look KKK, who seem to be making a resurgence, about your enlightened vision for the future.

They're all about being able to put minorities back in their place, gays back in the closet, and women barefoot and back in the kitchen where they belong, none of whom would have a voice to speak out against the prejudice and abuse and violence they would be subjected to.

IMO this whole "back to the future" thing will look more like the bad old days where (extremely well armed) white Christian males could do whatever they wanted to to minorities (lynchings), gays (lynchings) and women (domestic abuse and spousal murder) if those groups didn't behave themselves, than it does your "shining city on a hill" of justice and equality for all.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,576.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Let's take America back to pre-1919 less Jim Crow. That sounds like a more American America. To me MAGA is returning to the fundamental roots of American idealism: Rugged individualism, small and limited government, with liberty and justice for all. It would be a dramatic shift to return the American mindset to once again believing the government solely exists to protect people's rights, rather than being an oppressive authority.
I couldn't help but laugh when I read Barbara Streisand was saying they were trying to take the Supreme Court or America back decades. I thought YEAH THAT'S RIGHT....and I'd like to ask her who says that's a bad thing? Just because you might not like it a great many in America might.

• Agree
Reactions: 98cwitr
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well it's time for me to share what MAGA means to me.

First let me share what I don't believe MAGA means. I don't believe MAGA means we go back to a specific time in America and incorporate all the things in that time. For example, I don't think it means we go back to the 50's and just have everything the 50's had. Same goes for any time in Americas history. That's because America has always been imperfect. It's imperfect because human beings govern and live here. America wasn't perfect when the American Indians were the sole human occupants. They had wars, slaves and often were quite cruel with each other.

We cannot point to anytime in our history were America was perfect. So MAGA does not mean go back to a specific time.

To me MAGA means bring back specific things that made America great. MAGA means bring back jobs. We want plentiful and abundant opportunities. We want a person to be able to start a business without overburdensome regulation. I want American to be more independent. America has not always been so depedant on other countries for our goods. I don't mean isolationist. We should produce our own goods which provide for good strong paying jobs. We should be manufacturing our own goods. We used to have that. It's been shown that we do better economically when we have that.

MAGA means to bring back God as an important part of American Life I want God and faith to be great again in America. I want Americans to believe there is a higher power that should guide us in our daily lives and in our governance. We used to have that.

MAGA means bring back the two parent intact family. I want family to be seen as vital to America. Family's with a mom and dad. It's a proven fact that children do better and are healthier mentally when there is a two parent intact home.

It means bring back Americas reasonable college and university demands which provided for lower costs of education. Which in turn provided for cheaper services such as medical care.

It means bring back America's pride and individualism with less.demands on government to provide for us.

I could go on, but that's enough. All this along with today's understanding of the need for equality. All people are created equal and all people should have equal opportunity. Not equal outcomes, but equal opportunities. Equal access.
"Again" means repeat. Forcing people to stay in terrible marriages was not great. Forcing people to hide their identities was not great. The jobs that boomed were mostly union jobs. It was great if you were White, male, heterosexual and had a union job. Women could not have their own checking accounts at many banks. Most lenders would not grant a loan to a woman without a male cosigner. many jobs were off-limits to women or paid less to women and minorities.

• Winner
Reactions: durangodawood
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟432,670.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Golden-Age syndrome.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

Do you believe that's the proper role of government, or the president? To encourage or mandate this bringing back?

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Drop the final "A" and just try to Make America Great. Even if the way we did things before actually worked then, they won't necessarily work now.

Well the new moniker is "Keep America Great"; where as "Make America Great" implies it isn't now and arguably never was. Great != Perfect, but you get the gist. America = our country and culture, and not necessarily our government.

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

Kinda doesn't work in the "liberty for all" category though. We can keep policies and law that fit this, as long as we understand what "liberty" actually is and don't lose sight of that ideal.

Upvote 0