Detroit
✟75,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Too late. I've already explained all of that.
So you are actually aware of the facts about the Iran nuclear agreement ... and you still continue to blame Obama.

How ... predictable.

Upvote 0

MIDutch

Apr 3, 2020
Detroit
✟75,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
The fact check needs a fact check. Trump never said Obama gave Iran 150B in cash.

He said Obama sent 1.5B in cash in a cargo plane to Iran.
What's even funnier is that the cash wasn't even in US dollar bills ... it was in Swiss francs and Euros.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
So you are actually aware of the facts about the Iran nuclear agreement ... and you still continue to blame Obama..
The facts are the facts. It was Obama, Kerry, and that administration which stuck this one-sided deal that greatly enhanced Iran's ability to continue working on the bomb and increase Iran's terrorist activities in Yemen, Syria, Africa and elsewhere.

Supporters of Obama can complain about which verb is used to tell the story of this shameful event, but it still is the sellout -- and strictly for the sake of Obama's reputation -- that was a failure from the start.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,822.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I've see a few statements on threads about MAGA and people challenging the phrase.

I would like to hear what MAGA means to you.
From what I've seen, it is a rallying cry for people who feel that others getting equal rights means that they lose some of theirs - e.g. Trump Voters Driven by Fear of Losing Status, Not Economic Anxiety, Study Finds

The again part is an appeal to a return to when certain groups were more special. Coincidentally, those groups were also the ones Donald's campaign relied on to get elected.

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
Upvote 0

Charlie24

Oct 17, 2014
✟103,731.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
He actually did say that. Verbatim. You're confusing one of his false claims with other.

What you're referring to was us actually paying them back for an old deal. This article does a decent job of explaining it.

Obama Bribed Iran $400 Million to Release U.S. Prisoners?

I've heard Trump say at least 6 times that Obama sent Iran $150B, that included $1.5B in cash that was delivered in a cargo plane.

Not one time have I heard Trump say that Obama sent $150B in cash to Iran, as the fact check says.

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
  • Informative
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Against both police brutality and cop killing.
Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've see a few statements on threads about MAGA and people challenging the phrase.

I would like to hear what MAGA means to you. Not what you think MAGA means to others. But what does MAGA mean to you personally.

I don't want this thread to turn into an argument, or a debate, but a view. This way we can see what MAGA really means to each other. It may or may not be enlightening, but I guess we will see. So please post what MAGA means to you personally. Please don't challenge other people's posts. Ready, set, go!
Make America Great Again?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Oompa Loompa

Against both police brutality and cop killing.
Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It means going back to the American dream. God, family, employment and that good Ole white picket fence. A time when people said good morning and good day. A time when Americans were united.

All that wasn't so long ago.
The fact that you want to go back to the "white" picket fence says it all...white supremacy. ;)

• Informative
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

Charlie24

Oct 17, 2014
✟103,731.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

MIDutch

Apr 3, 2020
Detroit
✟75,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
The facts are the facts. It was Obama, Kerry, and that administration which stuck this one-sided deal that greatly enhanced Iran's ability to continue working on the bomb and increase Iran's terrorist activities in Yemen, Syria, Africa and elsewhere.
Wait, wait, wait. Didn't you just acknowledge that it was the International Atomic Energy Commision, the P5+1 and the European Union that negotiated the deal?

The United States was involved only as a member of the P5+1. And it was the Italian diplomat Frederica Mogherini that was the lead negotiator (note that she was the High Representative of the European Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy of the EU, not the United States).
Also, negotiations between Iran and the EU actually began in 2003 (note: Obama wasn't president yet, heck, he wasn't even a Senator yet).

How then was it "Obama, Kerry, and that administration which stuck this one-sided deal"?

Upvote 0

MIDutch

Apr 3, 2020
Detroit
✟75,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Do you imagine that this means Iran was unable to spend it?
I'd be curious to know what your explanation would be for it being in Swiss francs instead of US dollars if it was Obama giving away US money as a bribe?

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
For the third time, Trump didn't say Obama gave Iran $150B in cash.

If the 'in cash' part is bothering you, the article never claims he said that part. It's actually not a factcheck on Trump, per se, but of the inaccurate viral meme that spawned off his tweet.

It said Obama gave Iran $150B.
Which is, at best, a misleading way to put it, and at worst, straight up dishonest. The way Trump speaks about it, you would be lead to believe that Iran was given money straight out of the taxpayer's pocket, and that is definitely not what happened.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Charlie24

Oct 17, 2014
✟103,731.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
If the 'in cash' part is bothering you, the article never claims he said that part. It's actually not a factcheck on Trump, per se, but of the inaccurate viral meme that spawned off his tweet.

Which is, at best, a misleading way to put it, and at worst, straight up dishonest. The way Trump speaks about it, you would be lead to believe that Iran was given money straight out of the taxpayer's pocket, and that is definitely not what happened.

The media will use a careless statement about cash leading us to believe Trump said something he didn't say, but they will not mention the $1.5B that was sent in cash, in which he did say.

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
The media will use a careless statement about cash leading us to believe Trump said something he didn't say,
He's repeated it several times, by your own count. At what point does it stop becoming a 'careless statement' and turn into an intentional attempt to mislead?

but they will not mention the $1.5B that was sent in cash, in which he did say.

That's been mentioned quite a few times, and it's also misleading. They paid us for equipment 40 years ago. They never got what they paid for, so they got their money back with interest.

• Winner
Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟243,943.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

MIDutch

Apr 3, 2020
Detroit
✟75,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
On edit: We can see that all leftist wants to do is kill Americans, look at Portland, Seattle, Louisville and all the places they rioted to go after and kill Americans.
Just curious, where do you think those "leftists" that you are going on about are coming from? Are these "leftists" coming from Europe to kill Americans in Portland, Seattle, Loiusville, etc? Were they born in Asia? Did they sneak over from South America?

Can you explain how they got here to do these awful hings?
MAGA American for Americans not traitors
So, anyone who doesn't think exactly like you is a traitor? Am I reading that right?

Upvote 0