✟1,090,732.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Yeah. I said Mueller ain't going away.

Now I will seriously consider what greatness meant to Trump.

Absolute power.
Environment poisoning deregulation of businesses.
Closing borders or "the whitening of America."
Huge deficits because of giveaways to the 1%.
Going after Social Security and Medicare.
Letting pandemics run rampant for herd immunity.

This is Trump's idea of a great country.

Is it yours? Every day, as I live a life with limited outside contacts, going to drive through Communion on Sundays, celebrating my 50th wedding anniversary wuth a Zoom party, I think, "Is America greater?"

Vote him out.

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

Dryskale

Itchy, itchy
Nov 1, 2012
✟25,302.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It means going back to the American dream. God, family, employment and that good Ole white picket fence. A time when people said good morning and good day. A time when Americans were united.

All that wasn't so long ago.
Trump never promised any of that though. The nastolgia you mentioned is projected onto the phrase. The drastic change in American mobility and the desolving of the family unit came about due to high wage jobs with low entry disappearing and replaced with low pay service jobs. This creates a disparity that shrinks the middle class and expands the working class. Mix that with high barrier education for both trades and degrees and we have a huge problem. Tr6mp attempted to bring back manufacturing, but the issue is that even with Tarrifs the cost of labor in say China vs the US is several times more expensive to manufacture in the US.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,732.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Arc F1 said:
It means going back to the American dream. God, family, employment and that good Ole white picket fence. A time when people said good morning and good day. A time when Americans were united.

All that wasn't so long ago.

What does that have to do with Trump?
Does he demonstrate any religious faith? No.
Is the serial monagamous adulterer a "family man?" No.
Did the contractors and subcontractors whom he didn't pay, who subsequently coulen't pay their employees and decleared bankruptcy, think Trump was good for employment? No.
Do golden toilets and ostentatious decor have anything to do with good old white picket fences? No.
Does Trump promote "unity" in his rallies--or division and hatred? Division and hatred.
Does he demonstrate respect for others? No.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Can somebody please tell me what era the "again" in MAGA refers to?
According to the OP, that's up to you. For my part, the Obama administration will do nicely. ;)

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Thats got to be wrong. Trump promoters have a specific vision in mind, so there must be a particular time that was greatest.
That's not even the message of the MAGA slogan, so of course we know that the question being asked is a tease for no other reason than that.

Maybe we should take a look at the other side's campaign slogan. It's "Biden Harris 2020" Snappy, huh? What do you suppose the hidden meanings in that one are?

• Winner
Reactions: RushMAN
Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,037.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Right or wrong, that's what the OP has asked for. Not what you think others think it means. What does MAGA mean to you?
MAGA is a slogan devised or co-opted by the Trump campaign for their purposes. Thats what it is. To know what it means is to know their intent for its meaning because its their slogan, not mine.

Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,037.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
....Maybe we should take a look at the other side's campaign slogan. It's "Biden Harris 2020" Snappy, huh? What do you suppose the hidden meanings in that one are?
Haha thats all they got?

Actually in this era I like it. Low key. State nothing. Basically: "Not The Other Guy 2020".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
MAGA is a slogan devised or co-opted by the Trump campaign for their purposes. Thats what it is. To know what it means is to know their intent for its meaning because its their slogan, not mine.
Then why did you ask us for answers to questions you have about its meaning?

• Winner
Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,037.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Then why did you ask us for answers to questions you have about its meaning?
So I could know what it means. There might be some people here who know what era the campaign refers to by "again".

• Agree
Reactions: lasthero
Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I've see a few statements on threads about MAGA and people challenging the phrase.

I would like to hear what MAGA means to you. Not what you think MAGA means to others. But what does MAGA mean to you personally.

I don't want this thread to turn into an argument, or a debate, but a view. This way we can see what MAGA really means to each other. It may or may not be enlightening, but I guess we will see. So please post what MAGA means to you personally. Please don't challenge other people's posts. Ready, set, go!
It's just another meaningless platitude, designed to stoke nationalism in people who are idolatrous in what they think is their "patriotism".

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,994.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Maybe we should take a look at the other side's campaign slogan. It's "Biden Harris 2020" Snappy, huh? What do you suppose the hidden meanings in that one are?

Actually, they've been toying with several. I think the leading contender is
  • Our Best Days Still Lie Ahead

But I still have a soft spot for "No Malarkey".

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,788.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Thats got to be wrong. Trump promoters have a specific vision in mind, so there must be a particular time that was greatest.
Ever political entity have the right to say Make America Great Again.

Aren't the Dems really doing that themselves? Make America Great again where in their way of thinking the country will be respected on the world stage again. It was once they believe. It's not now. We can make it again what it was.....How is that not Make America Great again.

So the real deciding factor is up to the individual. How does one define greatness.

• Winner
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
So I could know what it means. There might be some people here who know what era the campaign refers to by "again".
It's really a silly question, though, isn't it? The slogan doesn't say that any particular time in the past was the best of all time, nor does it need to have done so.

But we all knew that the previous 8 years were among the worst ones in our history, so anyone who couldn't put these facts together and recognize a hope for better days ahead must IMHO not have been paying attention to recent history.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,788.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Actually, they've been toying with several. I think the leading contender is
  • Our Best Days Still Lie Ahead

But I still have a soft spot for "No Malarkey".
OK so good to see you don't think America lost it's great reputation with Trump as President. Nothing to restore to a more favoured state I guess. :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,994.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
OK so good to see you don't think America lost it's great reputation with Trump as President. Nothing to restore to a more favoured state I guess. :oldthumbsup:

Er, no. Think of it like all the stuff Trump says about the stock market. 'The best is yet to come' does not mean we aren't in a slump now.

• Agree
Reactions: lasthero
Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,037.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
....But we all knew that the previous 8 years were among the worst ones in our history....
You are in your bubble and seeing your own reflection on its milky surface as you struggle to peer out

Last edited:
Upvote 0