What do you think of this festival?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mesue

Love all, trust a few. Do wrong to none.
Aug 24, 2003
Visit site
✟32,662.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
lambslove said:
I guess I don't see a problem with people seeing Christians doing something other than going to church or saying, "don't do that" all the time.

Christians should be joyous people and should be celebrating God and helping others do that too.
I agree :)

Upvote 0
£

£amb

It's seem pretty alright to me. I read the festival's info and they have quite abit going on. Like mentioned above, this is a great opportunity for christians to gather in unity and fellowship with one another. Maybe meet some new friends and could have the chance to invite a non-believer. That would be a great witness for someone to see that we are like everyone else, and that we have a life without quoting verses every second or having the bible attached to our arm like some non-believers I know think we do.

Upvote 0

MrJim

Legend 3/17/05
Mar 17, 2005
FEMA Region III
✟42,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Lil Miss

Feb 18, 2005
Calgary
Visit site
✟253.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We have two similar festivals in Calgary...."YC" is catered more to the teen/young adult scene and is made up of largely the music scene....."Breakforth" is catered to the young adult/adult scene and is made up of largely the seminars and conferences

I have been to both, and I have to say that they are both really great experiences. They both give you a chance to get out there with THOUSANDS of other beleivers and worship God with all your heart...but at the same time you go to the seminars and learn Gods words and inbetween you have some fun with your freinds.

I would have to say that there is only one thing I dislike about this particular festival that you have shown....and thats simply becuase I have a biased opinion since I have been to these other ones here in calgary :p . I think I would dislike the idea of having the one same person on the stage talking ALL the time. I mean, if you were a non-believer it would be kinda intimidating having this one man telling you what you need to do to get saved and what exactly you are doing wrong and how fast you are going to hell. At the two festivals here in Calgary, the weekend consists of SEVERAL speakers from around the world who speak all weekend. So its kinda neat to hear everyones stories and advice and stuff.

Upvote 0

TwinCrier

Double Blessed and spreading the gospel
Oct 11, 2002
Indiana
Visit site
✟24,768.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't see anything really wrong with it other than it seems churches are paying for it. Where I live they have a huge 'Christian rock' festival each year, free, but paid for by a local ministry. My church isn't really in the entertainment business, but in all, having a good time isn't a sin.

Upvote 0

TruTraveler

Resident Lurker
Feb 21, 2004
Cascade Mountains
✟213.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We are going to check it out this weekend. We actually have several guests coming in from out of town (actually they were coming for OktoberFest in our town and heard about the Central Washington Festival) who expressed an interest in seeing what is going on. I am praying that the Festival will present Christ without watering down the gospel and that God will be pleased to save people despite the frailty of those presenting the message.

Having said that; I don't think you are being too judgmental. I always approach these multi-church events with a certain degree of caution.

In His grip,

Steve

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Imblessed

Reformed Baptist with a Quaker heritage
Aug 8, 2004
Ohio
✟10,256.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
TruTraveler said:
Having said that; I don't think you are being too judgmental. I always approach these multi-church events with a certain degree of caution.
I agree with that. I've noticed there have been several Inter-denominational "events" in our town that our church had NOT participated in, or even mentioned. I only found out about them through the newspaper. I have to say I'm glad about it, because too many times, the message is watered down so much so as not to offend any of the different "theologies" of the different denominations.

That said, I'm sure God will open the hearts of those He pleases too at this event---and honestly, it looked like fun to me. Alas, I'm all the way in Ohio.....

Upvote 0

PlumTea

Veteran
May 19, 2005
WA
✟9,623.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
menno said:
Tell us what makes you feel the way you do.

Maybe it's because it my town; we have signs plastered everywhere. Don't get me wrong; I enjoy public events, especially free ones. :) I don't see anything wrong with xtians having fun, but this is being presented as a for the unsaved event. I also understand God can and will use whatever he likes to save the lost & I'm praying it does.

My church is not envolved. My pastor dislikes the multi-denom thing and the fact that the results from other similar events meant to 'save the town' were very unimpressive. He very bothered that our church was put on the advertisment without asking him first, & it was assumed we would be willing to donate, again without talking to us first. Maybe I have been overly affected by his opinions; thats kinda why I started this thread.

I'm afraid people will get the idea they can raise their hand at a concert and their saved...or something along those lines. I'm concerned churches are dumping thousands of dollars into a total waste of resources. I would think events like this are mostly populated by christians that don't need to hear the gospel again.

For the past week or so several churches have held evangelical training for the event, which is good. However, I worry about the multi-denom thing there too. Several churches envolved disagree on hell, the inerrancy of scripture, requirements for salvation...

I guess thats about it :) Thank you for all your responses

Upvote 0

JPPT1974

May 2024 Spring Fever!
Mar 18, 2004
Small Town, USA
✟569,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
lambslove said:
I guess I don't see a problem with people seeing Christians doing something other than going to church or saying, "don't do that" all the time.

Christians should be joyous people and should be celebrating God and helping others do that too.

Christians should indeed be joyous people. And that they should help others in celebrating the Lord. And just as long as the festivities focus on Jesus, it is fine with me.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.