Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Her big huge...bank account.

Actually we were both broke.

I think in the beginning we started out with the warm fuzzy feeling love/infatuation. For me it was her smile, and her eyes, the way she looked at me. She always looked at me, as if I were her knight in shining armor. Another thing was that she always thought of me with little things, even though she had 3 children, making my lunches, baking me cookies or cake, always making sure I had everything I needed. We had the same interests, fishing, gardening, anything outdoors.
That sustained us for the first few years and I know she was the one God made for me all along, we were meant to be. As we grew together, it was the commitment, and she taught me what a Godly marriage was, God first, then your spouse, then children and other family.
If you have the commitment to God, that is what sustains you through the times that aren't perfect.
Through 16 years now, our love for God and each other has only grown. Sometimes I wish I would have found her earlier in life, but we were different people then and it wasn't God's plan.

I believe the reason many marriages fail today is because focus is on worldly love/feelings, which fades over time, not the everlasting agape love God has for us, and the structure he planned for marriage.

Upvote 0

MrNoodle

Would you like a Chum Burger?
Jan 28, 2017
01000101|01100001|01110010|01110100|01101000
✟111,386.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I want a woman who makes me a better person. I like respect. I like morals. I like being appreciated. I like honesty. I like mutual understanding. I like dark hair, and black hair, more than other colors. I like long legs. I like women shorter than me. I like business professional attire on women. I like outfits on women that fits, and looks good on their figure. I find this more appealing than them being buck naked. I like the right curves on a woman. I like women who are higher educated. I like women who are charitable.

Hopefully I have not graduated to being labelled a pig from the attributes that I like! -lol

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,359.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Physical beauty, intelligence, strong faith, kindness, respect, same/similar values. A social and/or creative streak is nice too. Combine that with frugality, a sound mind, good domestic skills and steadiness, and we're looking at potential wife material assuming no red flags slip through.

Upvote 0

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear Solomans Porch. I find most attractive when I meet brothers and sisters, and we can have a lovely discussion with all around me. We have a loving God, and Jesus, our Saviour died for us, that we might live. It is wonderful to be surrounded by much love and understanding, and compassion. God is Love, and Jesus our Saviour died, that we might live.
The Bible tells us in 22 Matthew: 35-40: Give up all selfish and uninteresting talk, and have a wonderful discussion about our future with our Loving God. In Matthew 7: 7-10: we are told: " ask and receive, we ask for love and joy, then thank God and enjoy a most loving and wonderful discussion . God will lead us and guide us, and to be with our friends is very blessing. Why not try yourselves? God and all about God and His Love for us is truly great. Why not try it and enjoy life? I say this with love, Solomon. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ.

Upvote 0

GirdYourLoins

Nov 27, 2016
Brighton, UK
✟122,682.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was attracted to my wife for her natural looks and that she always puts others before herself.

I cant stand make up and perfume. I find any woman (which is most) that cover themselves in what is at the end of the day toxic paint and chemicals unattractive. Perfumes the worst as it contains toxins, neuro toxins, carcinogenics, hormone inhibitors, narcotics for the addictive effect, etc.

Upvote 0

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
There are some of you that have been married a very long time, then there's some that have not, whether you are married or single I am asking both sexes this question. I mainly want to know from the men but I am welcome to all advice and/or knowledge. We all find different things about the other gender very attractive and for me personally, I find confidence attractive. I believe as Christians we are all seeking to have a Godly home and relationship with our partners or at least that is my goal in my marriage.

What do you find most attractive and/or appealing about your mate? What has kept you faithful to them only? What are the things they do or say that lift you up and cause you to want to always be with them? Maybe it's an emotional thing, maybe it's a physical thing, spiritual things or little things they do that keep you intrigued and wanting more from them. What has kept your spark alive, what has kept you faithful and loving them, what have they done for you/to you that causes your heart to skip a beat?

Is it the little things? How they carry themselves? They way they walk and talk? Their Godly attitude? The silly things they do throughout the day? The passion they put forth in your intimate life together? How have you kept and how have they kept the sparks flying and the love alive?

7589fc068886ff3340d1f41afb1487d3.jpg
Godliness kiddo :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PropheticTimes

Lord Have Mercy
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2015
Ohio
✟204,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Ah, don't get too happy I'm not back back I just come and go but I will leave for good soon.

I pray you don't leave for good, Far Side, but will come back from time to time and let us know how you are doing and perhaps give some helpful advice to those who struggle as you have/do.

Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You guys are to holy for your own good. Ok I'll be the first to say it then. It was the breasts and the legs......that's right, the breasts and the legs!
LOL I hear ya brother but dont forget that.....
Humans are like a fine wine, they get better with age :hrelax:
They are like Grapes as well....they shrivel up and get wrinkly.
7599cf81c69d2653c2a224c5d86581c6.jpg

** NO OFFENSE just making a joke while it's still the truth in the end **

Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I like outfits on women that fits, and looks good on their figure. I find this more appealing than them being buck naked.
WOW that's unusual but thank you for your honesty :oldthumbsup:

Hopefully I have not graduated to being labelled a pig from the attributes that I like! -lol
Not at all you are being honest. We are saved, NOT DEAD :ahah:

• Haha
Reactions: Hidden In Him
Upvote 0

ChristopherK

Jun 2, 2017
New York
✟13,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
What attracted me to my wife aside from her physical beauty was her realness/bluntness. There was and is an honesty to her that is attractive, because she doesn't waste time on things that don't matter. I've always liked that because I enjoy deep conversations that have meaning as opposed to surface-level conversation. Aside from cordiality, what's the point of being on the surface? -_^

We're still going through our rough-patch btw. I've been showing unconditional love towards her for 8 months now and have taken responsibility for all the theological arguments I put her through over the years and have let go of all my theological hangups and only hold to the fundamentals of the Gospel. Honestly, I don't know what God is going to do, but I will believe the best. She still mentioned separation this past weekend, but nothing has officially been decided, because she's uncertain about which way this will go. I told her that I love her unconditionally and will stay right where I am with the hope our marriage makes it. Just wanted to share. Prayers are always appreciated.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

PropheticTimes

Lord Have Mercy
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2015
Ohio
✟204,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
LOL I hear ya brother but dont forget that.....
Humans are like a fine wine, they get better with age :hrelax:
They are like Grapes as well....they shrivel up and get wrinkly.
7599cf81c69d2653c2a224c5d86581c6.jpg

** NO OFFENSE just making a joke while it's still the truth in the end **

BAHAHAHA *snort* hahahaha.......

Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
frugality,
I am the QUEEN of this one. I've somehow gotten the nickname from my daddy Sanford and Son, yep I am Fred (in a skirt ) lol
2d003426bd713ac3fdf92ade63b67a0b.jpg

Wish the hubby was frugal though, he likes to shop and walk the malls like a woman (no pun intended). And I loathe shopping o_O

Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Honestly, I don't know what God is going to do, but I will believe the best.
I feel you on this one except my situation is different. KEEP on believing and focus on your relationship with God, trust HE will do the rest and knows what is to be and not to be. Waiting is difficult :(

Prayers are always appreciated
c13c3ee372b0759272a11f895c746077.jpg

Upvote 0

PropheticTimes

Lord Have Mercy
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2015
Ohio
✟204,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am the QUEEN of this one. I've somehow gotten the nickname from my daddy Sanford and Son, yep I am Fred (in a skirt ) lol
2d003426bd713ac3fdf92ade63b67a0b.jpg

Wish the hubby was frugal though, he likes to shop and walk the malls like a woman (no pun intended). And I loathe shopping o_O

I loathe shopping too, and I refuse to go into a mall...I'm 100% woman with the personality of a dude :D

Upvote 0

Idromos247

Standing4Jesus247
May 26, 2017
Michigan
✟16,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I Loved how thoughtful and loving she was to me (even when I was an unbeliever). She looks great with makeup, but she was the first woman that I thought looked amazingly sexy without it. The intriguing part to me was how pure, naïve, and clean cut she was, while I was a crude, long haired, tattooed guy with lots of piercings, and a mouth that would make a sailor cringe. But between her and God I have changed a lot.

Upvote 0