• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

What do you do when the Lord won't heal you?

Job3315

Apr 21, 2018
United States
✟89,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
can't lay down and sleep because my knee is so inflamed it's given my whole body a low grade fever, any pressure on it at all I just can't sleep through the pain. I've prayed, taken medications.. nothing is helping. It feels like tiny gnomes are mining my knee with pickaxes.

about all I can do is stay up until I'm so exhausted I can't stay awake no matter how much pain I'm in, but that makes the flareup worse because lack of sleep can be a trigger for flareups.
You said you’ve prayed, but have you declared healing over your knee? You can try that, prayer is asking or talking to God, but declaring is believing the authority God gave you through Jesus (Mark 16:17-18) and declare it in Faith.

Faith is a substance that creates and restores, just as God created the world by speaking it, sometimes we must bring forth that healing by speaking/declaring it ourselves. You can stop, ask Him what He has to say about your pain and then agree and declare what you hear/feel the Spirit is saying.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,321.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
You said you’ve prayed, but have you declared healing over your knee? You can try that, prayer is asking or talking to God, but declaring is believing the authority God gave you through Jesus (Mark 16:17-18) and declare it in Faith.

Faith is a substance that creates and restores, just as God created the world by speaking it, sometimes we must bring forth that healing by speaking/declaring it ourselves. You can stop, ask Him what He has to say about your pain and then agree and declare what you hear/feel the Spirit is saying.

That sounds like word of faith/prosperity gospel.
Not the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

Job3315

Apr 21, 2018
United States
✟89,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That sounds like word of faith/prosperity gospel.
Not the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Your response sounded as if you were thirsty, and I offered you a glass of water from the well that has helped me for years and just you tossed it on my face. A ‘no, thank you” would have sufficed or even no answer at all.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,321.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Your response sounded as if you were thirsty, and I offered you a glass of water from the well that has helped me for years and just you tossed it on my face. A ‘no, thank you” would have sufficed or even no answer at all.
Galatians 1:8

Upvote 0

SusaninBC

Nov 6, 2019
British Columbia
Visit site
✟13,811.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I've been dealing with this today, too. I've had Chronic Lyme since I was 10 (I'm 52 now). Earlier today I was asking the Lord why I'm still here, and what purpose there is for me.

I've raised my kids, I'm an introvert so I mostly keep to myself, there are other people who could do my job (and probably do it better, to be honest, lol)... so why am I here? I don't have a husband any more, and there are no looming prospects, so I don't really have anyone to serve and take care of, either. My kids are all beautifully self sufficient and thriving, and they seem to need me less and less.

I guess it all just boils down to the fact that I don't know the mind of God, and even though I can't see a purpose, I trust that He wouldn't keep me here without one. So I am just making a daily, concerted effort to trust Him through the pain, fatigue, loneliness, and regret, and find purpose in reading His Word, spending time with Him, and maturing in my spiritual walk with Him.

So this is my little piece of stability in the middle of the darkness, to make my life be like a tiny green shoot poking up through the ashes of a desolate wasteland. My body aches from head to toe, I'm exhausted every minute of every day, but there's not a thing I can do about it, other than what I'm already doing (diet, medications, supplements, exercises), so all that's left to do is to suffer well and to bring glory to God wherever I can.

Some days it's really hard, though. I'm sorry you're struggling, too.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,321.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I've been dealing with this today, too. I've had Chronic Lyme since I was 10 (I'm 52 now). Earlier today I was asking the Lord why I'm still here, and what purpose there is for me.

I've raised my kids, I'm an introvert so I mostly keep to myself, there are other people who could do my job (and probably do it better, to be honest, lol)... so why am I here? I don't have a husband any more, and there are no looming prospects, so I don't really have anyone to serve and take care of, either. My kids are all beautifully self sufficient and thriving, and they seem to need me less and less.

I guess it all just boils down to the fact that I don't know the mind of God, and even though I can't see a purpose, I trust that He wouldn't keep me here without one. So I am just making a daily, concerted effort to trust Him through the pain, fatigue, loneliness, and regret, and find purpose in reading His Word, spending time with Him, and maturing in my spiritual walk with Him.

So this is my little piece of stability in the middle of the darkness, to make my life be like a tiny green shoot poking up through the ashes of a desolate wasteland. My body aches from head to toe, I'm exhausted every minute of every day, but there's not a thing I can do about it, other than what I'm already doing (diet, medications, supplements, exercises), so all that's left to do is to suffer well and to bring glory to God wherever I can.

Some days it's really hard, though. I'm sorry you're struggling, too.

I struggle with purpose too.
Being crippled I can't work, and I have 0 people skills. I can't really spread the gospel because I'm almost a net negative when I do. People hate me and see my weakness enough that they reject anything I believe. I can't even convince those closest to me that love me unconditionally to believe, and our only picture of what we'll spend our time in eternity doing is something I hate, singing.
It's not like the things I'm good at will be of any use there (what use for knowlege in medicine in a world where nothing ever gets hurt or ill?)
It's like what's the point of me? Why is the one thing I'm to look forward to something I hate doing (everything else is speculation)?

I say "Father I'm a broken man with broken dreams, what do you want me to do because I have no plans for myself"
and the only thing is.. wait.
and I'm a pretty impatient man when I don't have anything to work with.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟353,405.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I struggle with purpose too.
Being crippled I can't work, and I have 0 people skills. I can't really spread the gospel because I'm almost a net negative when I do. People hate me and see my weakness enough that they reject anything I believe. I can't even convince those closest to me that love me unconditionally to believe, and our only picture of what we'll spend our time in eternity doing is something I hate, singing.
It's not like the things I'm good at will be of any use there (what use for knowlege in medicine in a world where nothing ever gets hurt or ill?)
It's like what's the point of me? Why is the one thing I'm to look forward to something I hate doing (everything else is speculation)?

I say "Father I'm a broken man with broken dreams, what do you want me to do because I have no plans for myself"
and the only thing is.. wait.
and I'm a pretty impatient man when I don't have anything to work with.
Don't put yourself down.
Your testimony is righteous.
Gods plan for you is there.
As Susan says, praise God and wait. Its out there.
I feel as you two do but you remind me that its Gods plan and praising him should be our thankful response for his great love for us as hard as it may be.
Bless all of you with never ending pain and look forward to the release. Be faithful for that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums