✟240,687.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Hey hey my dear

I offer you my friendship and im here anytime you need support. I love you :)

When you get sick and tired of having an angry life, Jesus will be waiting with open arms. Anytime you need it.

Whats stopping you? Dont retort, report right?

How does that make you feel?

To you or in general?

Im here to debate atheists, agnostics and so called free thinkers, not to exchange ideas but put a chisel into them. :)

No good?

What former can you offer me and what is this latter you refer to?

Dont beat around the bush, what can you offer me?

How does this make you feel?

Looks like it works well on you. You seem to respond well to being stimulated. Ive never seen you so motivated, a pity though. ;)

Nah, it just seem strange that you would perform well in tests - which require you to spot a pattern - and yet you couldnt see the redundancy in your reply. I had to show it to my sister and we both had a good laugh.

Ps she an atheist and laughed hard at your replies. :D

I dont know. Do you?

Dont worry i still like you. Why do you feel inadequate?

Does this inadequacy mean it does matter to you?!?

I know right. Shame on them!

Shame of them!

You do come across as unkind, angry and upset. :)

Shame on them!

You do seem uncaring to me. :)

Shame on them!

Hey i play the guitar. Nearly 40 years now - dude i rock!!!

Shame on them!

Indeed, you do sound woeful.

Woe is you!!

Cheers. You are so much fun to me :D
Hmm. I guess no one has ever told you before how much flatulence your posts contain. It seems I really got under your skin. That tells me you are not ready to be helped (And that you need it more than I imagined.) I think I may revert to poking fun at your ideas until I sense a sea change. Don't bother replying, I'm putting you on the back burner for a week or so.

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟240,687.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Richard Carrier solves the mystery of the universe
May 12, 2016

@Ophiolite - "I have a number of notions. I hesitate to call them hypotheses and they are certainly not theories. I have a sound education, rank high in IQ tests (which at least demonstrates an aptitude for IQ tests.) and have several decades of engineering and business experience. I am recognised by my peers as being very logical, objective and a sound critical thinker.

I mention these points not to blow my own trumpet, but as relevant background information."
And your point? The quote is factually accurate. It's relevance apparent by reading the entire post, accessible via your link. Would you like me to cherry pick sentences from your posts and introduce them for no apparent reason? Probably yes, as it would feed your ego. As noted on another post, don't bother reply to me (though feel free to entertain the audience). I'm setting you aside for a while.

Upvote 0

the iconoclast

Atheism is weak. Yep, I said it
Feb 10, 2015
✟39,361.00
Country
Burkina Faso
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Hmm. I guess no one has ever told you before how much flatulence your posts contain.

Hey hey my dear

I have to admit that you are the first. Congratulations. :)

It seems I really got under your skin.

Its very obvious that it is you who is upset. :)

You have my undivided attention now.

That tells me you are not ready to be helped (And that you need it more than I imagined.)

Im ready when you are ready my dear. :)

I think I may revert to poking fun at your ideas until I sense a sea change.

What?

Don't bother replying, I'm putting you on the back burner for a week or so.

You wanted my attention, now you have got it.

Cya soon :)

Upvote 0

the iconoclast

Feb 10, 2015
✟39,361.00
Country
Burkina Faso
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
And your point?

Hey hey sir :)

Ophiolite - "Apparently you recall, as I do not, an occasion where - doubtless in context - I mentioned that I score well on IQ tests."

In this case, i presented that quote re iq to remind you - as you do/did not recall.

I elluded to it - in the beginning - because i found it interesting. Its always interesting to know the things that your counterpart says. I also want you to be aware that im checking your history out.

The quote is factually accurate.

Im glad it is. I do not want you uninformed or unenlightened. ;)

Heads up im a Pentecostal construction worker. Passed high school. An amateur musician, servant of God for over 30 years and someone who wants discussion with you. :)

It's relevance apparent by reading the entire post, accessible via your link. Would you like me to cherry pick sentences from your posts and introduce them for no apparent reason?

My dear cherry picking is when only select evidence is presented in order to persuade the audience to accept a position, and evidence that would go against the position is withheld. The stronger the withheld evidence, the more fallacious the argument.

All i have said so far - "Nah, it just seem strange that you would perform well in tests - which require you to spot a pattern - and yet you couldnt see the redundancy in your reply."

That post from 2016 is evidence for your superior intelligence. It is factually accurate so there is no fallacy - unless you disagree with your own high intelligence?

Probably yes, as it would feed your ego.

We are in agreement but not from an ego pov. Seek and you shall find. :)

As noted on another post, don't bother reply to me (though feel free to entertain the audience).

Thank you but who would want to spectate this?

I'm setting you aside for a while.

By all means. You now have my undivided attention however I have no interest in any more games. I have months of my time dedicated to you. ;p

Now you have shared your emotions and we are familiar with your feelings of my person, we should get into something. Ill be checking all your posts from now on for spelling mistakes, grammatical errors and how you reply to others. Ill cya soon :)

Cheers

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,642.00
Faith
Atheist
Umm....
Post 24. By @Ophiolite. In the thread you happen to be in at the moment. :oldthumbsup:

Fbs - "Perhaps if you were to state your questions clearly and concisely, you might communicate better.

I too find the intent of your posts to Ophiolite quite indecipherable."

You even commented as shown.

Dont make yourself look foolish my dear.
Ah, now that you have provided the context for your question, I can answer it; simply asking how I thought you were treated doesn't provide any referent. This opacity is just the kind of problem we have been asking you to address; I'm not a mind-reader.

I think you were treated with impatience, and a little rudely, and I can understand why.

If you feel that asking you to clarify your ambiguous & contextless question makes me look foolish, I'm inclined to agree with Ophiolite's view.

I'm still not your 'dear', and I'd ask you again not to use such overly familiar terms of endearment with me; it's still creepy.

Upvote 0

the iconoclast

Feb 10, 2015
✟39,361.00
Country
Burkina Faso
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
I think you were treated with impatience, and a little rudely, and I can understand why.

If you feel that asking you to clarify your ambiguous & contextless question makes me look foolish, I'm inclined to agree with Ophiolite's view.

Hey hey sir ;)

Cool and thank you for your reply. Its good that you acknowledge that i was not treated fairly.

Cheers :)

Upvote 0

46AND2

Forty six and two are just ahead of me...
Sep 5, 2012
Vancouver, WA
✟102,103.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

46AND2

Sep 5, 2012
Vancouver, WA
✟102,103.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hey hey :)

So he did not say i was treated with impatience and little rudely = unfairly?

What can i do for you? Would you like some attention from me?

Impatience and rudely are not synonymous with unfairly.

Your narcissism is amusing. I respond to posts to which I have something to add. Doesn't matter who the author is.

Upvote 0

the iconoclast

Feb 10, 2015
✟39,361.00
Country
Burkina Faso
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Impatience and rudely are not synonymous with unfairly.

Your narcissism is amusing. I respond to posts to which I have something to add. Doesn't matter who the author is.

So it would be fair to treat me with impatience and its fair to be rude to me?

Is that what you are saying?

Upvote 0

46AND2

Sep 5, 2012
Vancouver, WA
✟102,103.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So it would be fair to treat me with impatience and its fair to be rude to me?

Is that what you are saying?

No, I'm not saying that. I'm saying that HE didn't SAY (nor imply) that the way you were treated was unfair.

I wasn't even the one who said you were treated like that.

I can't speak for him on whether it was fair or not...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

the iconoclast

Feb 10, 2015
✟39,361.00
Country
Burkina Faso
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
No, I'm not saying that. I'm saying that HE didn't SAY (nor imply) that the way you were treated was unfair.

I wasn't even the one who said you were treated like that.

I can't speak for him on whether it was fair or not...

So dont speak for him then, let him speak for himself?!?

Upvote 0

46AND2

Sep 5, 2012
Vancouver, WA
✟102,103.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So dont speak for him then, let him speak for himself?!?

I didn't speak for him. I relayed the communication that I garnered from his post. I spoke for me. I offered no opinion about something he didn't say.

Upvote 0

the iconoclast

Feb 10, 2015
✟39,361.00
Country
Burkina Faso
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
I didn't speak for him. I relayed the communication that I garnered from his post. I spoke for me. I offered no opinion about something he didn't say.

Haha. ;) Thank you for your opinion on what fbs has said to me. Riveting...right?

Upvote 0

46AND2

Sep 5, 2012
Vancouver, WA
✟102,103.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Haha. ;) Thank you for your opinion on what fbs has said to me. Riveting...right?

It's not opinion, it's just fact. He said nothing about fairness, nor any synonym of it.

I have been very careful with my wording, specifically to avoid speaking for him.

Upvote 0