Leah

2 Corinthians 5:21
May 26, 2005
✟7,700.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I work full-time in a hotel at the front desk.

Other jobs I've had:

Bank Teller (enjoyed that very much)
Sales Associate at a Department Store (Yonkers, in particular)
Car Saleswoman (one of the most stressful jobs EVER) :swoon:
Air Bed Sales Associate (Select Comfort, but now called Sleep Number Beds)
Grocery Store Cashier and Bagger (wasn't fun during the winter time)

Sometimes I think my calling is in the medical field since I like education that has to do with the human body and physiology and its very easy for me to understand it,. And I find Physics pretty interesting (a little tedious, at times), too.

However,the only thing that isn't very appealing to me is possibly spending the majority of my time and life in a hospital should I pursue a career in that. Family and fun time are important to me, too. :)

Now, if money weren't an issue, then I'd love to kick people (martial arts) for a living, or be a professional ballroom dancer. :D

Upvote 0

JAS4Yeshua

Servant of the Lord
Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Marina, California
Visit site
✟64,964.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I've been with the same company for 11 years now. We make and sell software for the mortgage industry. Started in sales, but also did IT work (maintained the office computers and network) and web design/programming. Then the company was restructured and I moved to Northern California. Worked in Quality Assurance (testing our software). While technically I am still part of QA, I haven't done any QA work in about a year or so. I create our installation routines for our software and have been adding custom code to our new CRM (contact management) system.

For fun, I like to do web design and web programming, and do some programming in C#. Although, because of my job, I don't often do that. Too worn out from doing similar stuff on a daily basis.

Upvote 0

He put me back together

Official Hog washer
Sep 4, 2003
Visit site
✟4,092.00
Faith
Pentecostal
I've been with the same company for 11 years now. We make and sell software for the mortgage industry. Started in sales, but also did IT work (maintained the office computers and network) and web design/programming. Then the company was restructured and I moved to Northern California. Worked in Quality Assurance (testing our software). While technically I am still part of QA, I haven't done any QA work in about a year or so. I create our installation routines for our software and have been adding custom code to our new CRM (contact management) system.

For fun, I like to do web design and web programming, and do some programming in C#. Although, because of my job, I don't often do that. Too worn out from doing similar stuff on a daily basis.

haha--QA. The guys everybody loves to hate. Poor QA.

Upvote 0
C

Cassidy

I'm currently a stay at home mum. The most important job in the world! Planning on becoming a Doula, so as to help me get into Uni to do the Bachelor of Midwifery where I will hopefully become a midwife and help mums birth babies :)

Dh was a Funeral Director/undertaker/mortician up until 6 mths ago when, after 3 mths of interviews etc he got into the Queensland Police Service as a watchouse officer in the city watchouse. His job involves hurting people who don't comply LOL Ha ha...no seriously...restrains, fingerprints, processes, strip searches etc inmates. He also assist as their cases are heard in court. Releases prisoners on bail etc etc.

Upvote 0

JAS4Yeshua

Servant of the Lord
Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Marina, California
Visit site
✟64,964.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
haha--QA. The guys everybody loves to hate. Poor QA.
Even I hate QA. I've been in QA for 5 years. I'm ready to get fully into development, if my manager will ever finalize the transition. Seems unlikely anytime soon, unfortunately.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

he4rty

Just A Fool For Christ
Apr 28, 2006
Visit site
✟21,138.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
I work afternoon shift in a car manufacturing plant, in the paintshop.
Have for over 20 years.

Cool, apart from the afternoon shift bit.

I work in the Paintshop as well at our van manufacturing plant, what do you do, I work on Maintenance down the cleanroom.

Upvote 0

whatfor

Just me
Dec 15, 2006
Adelaide, Australia
✟102,417.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Cool, apart from the afternoon shift bit.

I work in the Paintshop as well at our van manufacturing plant, what do you do, I work on Maintenance down the cleanroom.

I am a workgroup leader, I look after a small group doing metal finish, preparing bodies for resprays,etc. I also run the spot repair booth.

I am currently 1 week on 1 week off due to the downturn in the industry, but enjoying it.

Upvote 0

msbojingles

resident brat and doom and gloomer
Aug 29, 2006
Visit site
✟14,010.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
i'm still a 911 OPerator :swoon:

but what would i LOVe to be doing? Own a Gift Shop with balloons, cards, teddy bears, choc'late, with an attached tea shop next to an ice cram parlor, and have a website, and deliver balloons, etc. :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

flaglady

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2005
✟64,796.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
I work afternoon shift in a car manufacturing plant, in the paintshop.
Have for over 20 years.

Hope they give you appropriate protective gear and regular medicals - you need them in that job!

I am a mostly retired nurse, working an occasional one day a week as an occupational health nurse in factories!

However, last year I celebrated my 50th year working as a nurse!

Most has been in the operating theatre (OR for US members!) and most of that has been in orthopaedics - trauma and joint replacement.

I was forced to retire twice, first time on medical grounds from my most loved job as theatre manager and second because they wouldn't let me work on past 65 :mad: But after the first retirement, I trained as OHA and worked in occupational health thereafter going back and forth between to the two specialities.

Nowadays, in between my bouts of hectic nursing ^_^ I run a forum for people having or have had hip and knee replacements - I'm the only mod/admin and - get this - I actually get PAID for it! :clap:

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Part time librarian and antique book dealer here:wave:

In the past I have been a busker, window cleaner, janitor, admin assistant, social work admin, security, birthday party entertainer.

:)

nice :)

Upvote 0