Top Children’s Hospital Internal Training Tells Doctors Ways To Avoid Parental Consent For Trans Procedures

Vambram

Born-again Christian; Constitutional conservative
Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟66,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Let me ask you this: do you think lawmakers are better qualified to diagnose patients than doctors are?

-- A2SG, that's really what this is all about....
Note: you evaded my question by asking another question. I believe that parents rights over their kids is more important than what doctors diagnose to those kids.

Perhaps you are willing to actually answer my question in post #17.

Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

adrianmonk

Recursive Algorithm
Jan 14, 2008
Seattle, WA
✟218,298.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I believe that parents rights over their kids is more important than what doctors diagnose to those kids.

This is a weird stance to take.

Let's say that a 16 year old needs a specific life saving medication. Are you in favor of a parent's right to deny that to their child even if it will save their lives and conversely if denial of that medication may lead to complications or death ?

Or is this stance only limited to things like puberty blockers ?

Upvote 0

Vambram

Born-again Christian; Constitutional conservative
Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟66,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This is a weird stance to take.

Let's say that a 16 year old needs a specific life saving medication. Are you in favor of a parent's right to deny that to their child even if it will save their lives and conversely if denial of that medication may lead to complications or death ?

Or is this stance only limited to things like puberty blockers ?
We ain't talking about life saving medication. We are talking about people desiring to change the genders of kids without the permission of the parents of those kids.

Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟98,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Note: you evaded my question by asking another question. I believe that parents rights over their kids is more important than what doctors diagnose to those kids.
First of all, I never said I wasn't supportive of parental rights here. But, that said, for those parents who aren't medical doctors themselves, their knowledge and experience isn't always sufficient to know the specific conditions their child may be facing. And some, we have to realize, are intentionally and willfully ignorant.

For example, if a doctor diagnoses a patient and says they will die without a certain procedure or treatment (and let's say a second and third opinion confirms this), and the parents choose not to have that procedure or treatment, and let the kid die, would that be perfectly okay with you?

Yes, parents have rights...but surely kids should too, shouldn't they? Especially when it involves themselves and their own health. And I say this regardless of any specific medical condition, not to promote or encourage any specific form of treatment.

Now, will you answer my question: Do you think lawmakers are better qualified to diagnose patients than doctors are?

Perhaps you are willing to actually answer my question in post #17.
Sure. Tried to before, let's see how this goes...
I am 1000% fully aware about prescription medications.

Do you believe it is the doctor's role to do gender changing procedures and use gender hormone therapy or puberty blockers upon kids WITHOUT parental consent? This is what the op article is describing.
According to the (admittedly heavily biased) article posted in the OP, Steve Davis, the president and CEO of the hospital, said "parental consent was always obtained for any treatment."

It also goes on to say they sometimes may try to offer help to those who face parental objections, through offering therapy or non-invasive treatments. Now, I don't wish to seem like I'm encouraging or promoting any of these treatments (I'm not a medical professional myself, so I can't), but it does seem like doctors are trying to treat their patients within the limits of the law, so I'm not sure I see a problem, really.

And I still stand behind my general view that everyone (kids, adults, and all in between) should get medical advice from a doctor or medical professional who has met them and knows their medical condition and circumstances instead of some rando off the internet, no matter what medical condition or issue they are facing.

-- A2SG, a website created by Tucker Carlson may see things differently, though....

Upvote 0