Top Children’s Hospital Internal Training Tells Doctors Ways To Avoid Parental Consent For Trans Procedures

Vambram

Born-again Christian; Constitutional conservative
Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟66,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Hospital staff at Cincinnati Children’s in Ohio explained ways for doctors to work around parental consent for transgender minor patients in an internal training video obtained by the Daily Wire.

Steve Davis, the president and CEO of the hospital, testified in December against several bills that would have banned all transgender procedures for minors, arguing that parental consent was always obtained for any treatment and that the legislation would harm families. Dr. Lee Ann Conard, director of the hospital’s Transgender Health Clinic, said, however, that if a child is reluctant to tell their family that they identify as transgender there are things that doctors and hospital staff can do to conceal treatment from the parents, according to the video.

I know that Transgender issues are a sticky subject. However, I would like to see what y'alls thoughts and opinions are about what some of the hospital staff at the Cincinnati's Children Hospital in Ohio are doing and saying.

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟454,820.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The worn saying 'the patients are running the asylum' is now true, and is crazy.. And they think they are the sane.
This people are supposed to protect.
All this trans and gay acceptance stuff is not needed at all, i am all for people to live in peace, but if it isn't broke don't fix it, don't propagate this stuff.
In USA number of 'lgbt' teens is exponentially increasing, why? because parents, schools, friends, media say is OK, is good, is cool, you can be this or that.
I'm pretty sure that in more traditional countries this is not happening.
And yes they are 'recruiting' your kids by propagating this ideas. b ecause now society calls evil good.
Sadly we christians know that this leads to perdition, so what parents should do?. this should make people angry.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sadly we christians know that this leads to perdition, so what parents should do?.
Talk to your kids and, more importantly, listen to them.

Upvote 0

Vambram

Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟66,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Talk to your kids and, more importantly, listen to them.
I agree.
But should we also be extremely concerned about hospitals and doctors doing what the Cincinnati Children's Hospital is doing as described in the op article?

• Useful
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat

Hospital staff at Cincinnati Children’s in Ohio explained ways for doctors to work around parental consent for transgender minor patients in an internal training video obtained by the Daily Wire.

Steve Davis, the president and CEO of the hospital, testified in December against several bills that would have banned all transgender procedures for minors, arguing that parental consent was always obtained for any treatment and that the legislation would harm families. Dr. Lee Ann Conard, director of the hospital’s Transgender Health Clinic, said, however, that if a child is reluctant to tell their family that they identify as transgender there are things that doctors and hospital staff can do to conceal treatment from the parents, according to the video.

I know that Transgender issues are a sticky subject. However, I would like to see what y'alls thoughts and opinions are about what some of the hospital staff at the Cincinnati's Children Hospital in Ohio are doing and saying.
A “where are the boundaries?” video for the legal protection of doctors = “deceive parents”.

You’re joking?

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
No. I am not joking.
You appear to be mischaracterizing what those doctors are doing.
Doctors are bound by oath to do for the patient (the child) what conventional treatments and protocols.
Knowing where “the line” should be drawn is the doctor first asking the patient what would they like to include (or disinclude) in his report to the patient’s parents.
Watching a video to learn where their ethical duties lie is prudent.

”People discussed the treatment of children!?” threads are precious.

Upvote 0

Vambram

Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟66,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Doctors are bound by oath to do for the patient (the child) what conventional treatments and protocols.
Knowing where “the line” should be drawn is the doctor first asking the patient what would they like to include (or disinclude) in his report to the patient’s parents.
Watching a video to learn where their ethical duties lie is prudent.

”People discussed the treatment of children!?” threads are precious.
Do you have a problem with genital mutilation surgery upon children?

Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟98,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Do you have a problem with genital mutilation surgery upon children?
Instead of answering a loaded question like this, let me just say that in general, I have a problem with people who have no medical degree and have never even met the patient telling that patient's doctor what's the best course of treatment for them.

-- A2SG, should we all take a poll here and tell your doctor how to treat you for your next appointment?

This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Vambram

Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟66,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Instead of answering a loaded question like this, let me just say that in general, I have a problem with people who have no medical degree and have never even met the patient telling that patient's doctor what's the best course of treatment for them.

-- A2SG, should we all take a poll here and tell your doctor how to treat you for your next appointment?
Children are not legally allowed to smoke tobacco or purchase alcohol. It boggles my brain therefore that kids are allowed to make life changing decisions about their biological gender.

I have ZERO interest or desire to attempt to prevent an adult from making a legal decision about that adult's gender choices.

Should we take a poll here to find out how many on these forums support giving kids, minors who ain't even allowed to legally buy tobacco products and buy drinking alcohol, the authority to change their biological gender?

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,028.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
That was quite a jump.
It's a pretty strong sign that actually discussing the realities of the situation aren't going to generate the required amount of outrage in low information voters to get them to vote against their best interests.

Upvote 0

Vambram

Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟66,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't speak for all "leftist progressive liberals," so I can't say what makes sense to them. All I can say is who can possibly know better than the individual what their gender issues are? And that any medical decisions made in relation to that should be done in consultation with a medical professional...not some random strangers off the internet.

I'm glad that you're glad I would trust doctors who have actually met with and treated patients about their specific medical issues more than the uninformed opinions of random strangers off the internet.

I don't know about you, but when I'm seeking medical advice, I consult my doctor, who knows me and knows my medical condition. If you'd rather conduct a poll, that's your business, I guess.

I fail to see them having any relevance at all to any private medical issue, no matter who, or how old, the patient is.

On that point, we can agree.

Okay. As I said, I don't speak for them, I can only speak for myself.

-- A2SG, let them get their own accounts here....
You are an adult, correct?
Then that is much different slant and topic of discussion than pre-teens, teenagers, and kids.

Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟98,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
You are an adult, correct?
Yup.

Then that is much different slant and topic of discussion than pre-teens, teenagers, and kids.
Not really, no. Same goes for them: medical decisions would be better made by consulting medical professionals who know them and their medical circumstances instead of random strangers over the internet.

-- A2SG, no difference....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟320,869.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
You evaded the lawful legal point which I had made. Kids are not allowed to make the decision to BUY cigarettes or BUY beer and alcohols.
This may come as a surprise to you, but a rather large number of medications are illegal for anyone to purchase - unless they have a prescription from their doctor. It's the doctor's role to evaluate the patient and determine the best course of treatment, which may include substances or procedures that would otherwise be illicit. That's why doctors must go through so much education, training, and certification - the public needs to have confidence in their ability to properly make those evaluations.

Upvote 0

Vambram

Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟66,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This may come as a surprise to you, but a rather large number of medications are illegal for anyone to purchase - unless they have a prescription from their doctor. It's the doctor's role to evaluate the patient and determine the best course of treatment, which may include substances or procedures that would otherwise be illicit. That's why doctors must go through so much education, training, and certification - the public needs to have confidence in their ability to properly make those evaluations.
I am 1000% fully aware about prescription medications.

Do you believe it is the doctor's role to do gender changing procedures and use gender hormone therapy or puberty blockers upon kids WITHOUT parental consent? This is what the op article is describing.

• Useful
Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟320,869.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Given your "legal" arguments that I was responding to, I don't think that you do - at least, not in the context of this discussion.
Do you believe it is the doctor's role to do gender changing procedures and use gender hormone therapy or puberty blockers upon kids WITHOUT parental consent? This is what the op article is describing.
I don't see what this has to do with my post.

Upvote 0

Vambram

Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟66,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't see what this has to do with my post.
I was attempting to try to keep the discussion in this thread zeroed in upon the topic of the article which I posted in the op of this thread.
It does appear that I was singling your post out and for that I do apologize.

Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟98,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Let me ask you this: do you think lawmakers are better qualified to diagnose patients than doctors are?

-- A2SG, that's really what this is all about....

Upvote 0