What did Jesus mean "If you love me you will keep my commandments?"

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
When was the last time you heard an unbeliever exclaim as to the body of Christ “Behold how they love one another!”
Daily. (but so far for some number of years, not in the united states of any group in the public eye/knowledge) (in the past, longer ago, many times of some groups in the usa also, as well as other countries then as now.)

Upvote 0

Arsenios

Russian Orthodox Winter Baptism, Valaam Monastery,
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2015
Washington
✟151,120.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
The bible does not say that an apostle told Ananias to baptize Saul - rather the Bible says God told him to do it.

Indeed so... Yet the account identifies him as a member of the Body of Christ that Saul was persecuting, and therein as a Servant of the Lord, yes? And this Ekklesia of which he was a member was established by the Apostles upon whom the Tongues of Fire descended at Pentecost, yes? And it was Christ Himself who commanded the Apostles to disciple and Baptize the Nations, yes? And they did so, yes?

Or no???

There were 500 people at the ascension of Christ - we have no way to know how many of them were also at the Matthew 28 event. Maybe all of them since Matthew ends the book there.

Scripture reports only the 11:

Mat 28:16-20
Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee,
into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them.
And when they saw Him, they worshipped Him: but some doubted.

And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying,
"All power is given unto Me in heaven and in earth.
Go ye therefore, and disciple all the nations,
baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit:
Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you:"
And, Lo...
I am with you always...
even unto the end of the world.
Amen."

So it was only the eleven - Even the Apostle Paul needed Baptism, which Christ provided to him at the hands of His Servant Ananias...

It is Christ Who Baptizes...

Arsenios

Upvote 0

mozo41

Jun 6, 2017
london
✟50,927.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
pun?
The law requires death for sin.
Jesus planned all along and provided Himself the Perfect Sacrifice, once for all, for sin.
This does not mean people can now commit adultery and fornication without penalty.

halved/divided as in gendered ( dividing between soul/Son and Father/spirit )

Jesus planned nothing, seeing he kept the law "thou shall not eat of it " or as he put it "take no thought"

"Truly, truly, I say to you, the Son is able to do nothing of Himself, if not anything He may see the Father doing; for whatever He does, these things also the Son does likewise.

Upvote 0

Gideons300

Our awakening is beginning. Prepare to be amazed.
Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not at all. It is a fusion of Paul’s by faith alone, without the works of the law, and James faith plus works.

We ought to be shaking in our boots if the real requirement is to love God with all of our hearts and loving our neighbors as we love ourselves. The sad fact is, not one denomination has figured out how to see this accomplished in our hearts. We have all been like the blind leading the blind, and we all have fallen into a religious ditch.

How few there are right now who can admit their lack, and like the man in the temple, like Paul in Romans 7, like imprisoned men, chained to their previous fleshly desires, cry out to God as men most miserable, as sinners totally devoid of that depth of love for either God or man, seeking God to do for us what He promised so clearly to do.... CAUSE US to walk in love. How many currently long for their rebellious self to be replaced by God in us, transforming us into men and women laden with fruits that testify to the world that we know Jesus?

The first step to our final awakening is true heart repentance, where we admit that we have used grace to assure us to Heaven, when our hearts are quite satisfied to be like the other man in the temple, looking down on those in the world, thinking “Thank God I am not like them.”

What God has for us in these coming days is simply mind blowing. The church is about to awaken to the promises of God, and when we do, love, obedience, self control, humility, all these will rule the day. The latter rain is about to rain down upon us, and just as God promised in Ezekiel 36, the world is about to be amazed at what they see in the church, and exclaim:

“Look!! That which bore only religious briars and hypocritical thorns has become again like the garden of Eden.”

Let it rain, dear Heavenly Father! Live, bones, live!

Blessings,

Gideon
What is being shared here is not my theory on how to go from overcome to overcomer. Eleven years
Daily. (but so far for some number of years, not in the united states of any group in the public eye/knowledge) (in the past, longer ago, many times of some groups in the usa also, as well as other countries then as now.)
But isn’t that the exact point? If it is not in any public eye or knowledge, then as a whole we are not letting our light so shine before men, are we?

Whether we have the nerve to admit it or not, we are salt that has lost its savor. We say we believe all of the words of God to us, but it is lip service, not life service.

Denial of our state may make us sleep better at night, but God is going to shake us awake no matter how hard we want to say all is well, we need nothing, and head back to a nice comfortable snooze. All that can be shaken so that all that remains is Christ in us.....new men with completely new hearts. And once we are awakened from our religious slumber, we are going to be presented with a choice.

Do we really and truly want to be freed from the power of darkness?

Both grace that promises freedom without purity of our hearts, and legalistic requirements that none espousing them are truly obeying from pure hearts, are about to be faced with the amazing good news that Jesus came to set us free indeed. Will we cry out and desire such a glorious walk when presented with it, or will we dig in our heels and say “Thanks a lot God, but I am quite satisfied right where I am”.

Up til now, God has understood our confusion and lack of overcoming. But the answer is about to burst out upon us, and how we respond to it will determine everything. Light is about to burst out on His bride, and praise God, all that love the light WILL come to it. Our eagles wings are waiting for us. Will we admit we need them?

Blessings, dear brother,

Gideon

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
But isn’t that the exact point? If it is not in any public eye or knowledge, then as a whole we are not letting our light so shine before men, are we?
Yes, I didn't disagree with this. 'Tis a grace and blessing to have seen, and to see or even to hear about, those who are LIGHTS in their neighborhood. 'Tis also rare.
See >>
So far for some number of years no group in the public eye has been known, as you noted.
Years ago there were some in some places that were known in the USA.
Years ago AND recently there are some in some places in other countries that are known.
Few get to see them. Few get to hear about them. Few seek and fewer keep seeking for YHVH'S Kingdom, so they don't find them.

Upvote 0

The Times

Feb 9, 2017
Australia
✟90,081.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Lovely post - As you describe the Marriage of the Lamb in the heart of man - A total devotion to God in all things...

The commandments seen in this Light comprise the courtship...

Hence our love and devotion to obeying those "having the Rule over us, as they must give account for our souls", eg Discipleship in the Apostolic Church, is courtship that prepares us for that Marriage, from father to son, mother to daughter, that we should prepare for the knock at midnight, having the oil of our lamps, the Grace of the Holy Spirit, filling our souls...

So that if you love me means obedience in the Ekklesia, in preparation for obedience to Christ Himself in Person... And while many might agree [or not], not so many understand this latter as something happening in this life here and now... It requires total consecration...

Arsenios

I consider Ekklesia as my older brother whom I rejoice in knowing I am not alone. Thankyou Rabbi Arsenios.

Upvote 0

Gideons300

Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, I didn't disagree with this. 'Tis a grace and blessing to have seen, and to see or even to hear about, those who are LIGHTS in their neighborhood. 'Tis also rare.
See >>

So far for some number of years no group in the public eye has been known, as you noted.
Years ago there were some in some places that were known in the USA.
Years ago AND recently there are some in some places in other countries that are known.
Few get to see them. Few get to hear about them. Few seek and fewer keep seeking for YHVH'S Kingdom, so they don't find them.
Brother, I have no doubt you are correct in this observation. But in the last days, all will be awakened to the truth of how to have their feet planted on the highway of holiness and escape the endless running of laps towards it while believing actually arriving there and being holy are impossible.

As God tells us in Ezekiel, for the most part, we who believe in the name of Jesus have blasphemed His holy name by our unbelief and in our limiting what God has clearly promised He can do in us.... set us free indeed.

An awakening is coming to all to call themselves Christians, both wheat and tares. Some will run towards Him, some will say “Thanks, but I am quite satisfied right where I am”, with sin and self still clinging to them. And in that day, the heathen, God tells us clearly, will KNOW that He is the Lord, when He shall be sanctified IN US before their very eyes.

I realize fully how far etched this may seem right now, but every word of it is true. Things are about to change, and our light is about to rise from obscurity, and our peace and joy will not just last until the doors open to dismiss us from our weekly Sunday services. Everlasting joy. 24/7/365.

The question is.....does that excite us or bother us?

Blessings,

Gids

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
As written in Scripture: Amen, this is so.
"John 6:38 For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to ...
biblehub.com/john/6-38.htm
For I have come down from heaven, not that I should do My will, but the will of the One having sent Me. New American Standard Bible "For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me. King James Bible For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him.... :

Whatever you(mozo) mean, I don't know, but has been wrong before, so I cannot say amen to your posts.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Brother, I have no doubt you are correct in this observation. But in the last days, all will be awakened to the truth of how to have their feet planted on the highway of holiness and escape the endless running of laps towards it while believing actually arriving there and being holy are impossible.

As God tells us in Ezekiel, for the most part, we who believe in the name of Jesus have blasphemed His holy name by our unbelief and in our limiting what God has clearly promised He can do in us.... set us free indeed.

An awakening is coming to all to call themselves Christians, both wheat and tares. Some will run towards Him, some will say “Thanks, but I am quite satisfied right where I am”, with sin and self still clinging to them. And in that day, the heathen, God tells us clearly, will KNOW that He is the Lord, when He shall be sanctified IN US before their very eyes.

I realize fully how far etched this may seem right now, but every word of it is true. Things are about to change, and our light is about to rise from obscurity, and our peace and joy will not just last until the doors open to dismiss us from our weekly Sunday services. Everlasting joy. 24/7/365.

The question is.....does that excite us or bother us?

Blessings,

Gids
This appears too mixed up to agree with. Mixing up the ekklesia , the elect, with others apparently, is what I see. Keep the elect and the lost separate when Scripture does, when YHVH does, don't mix them up.

Upvote 0

Gideons300

Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This appears too mixed up to agree with. Mixing up the ekklesia , the elect, with others apparently, is what I see. Keep the elect and the lost separate when Scripture does, when YHVH does, don't mix them up.
There is no mistake here. The wheat and the tares are growing together in a nice Laodecian stew. Up til now, the two have grown together. And no one truly knows who the elect is. Who is the true elect? Is it not he that endures to the end?

I would counsel any who are reading these words to not get hung up on words that can often rule over our theology and understanding. Each one of us must personalize this awakening.

Do I want to be freed from a self that loves to be right?

Do I long to love God with ALL of my heart, and to prove it by obeying Him not just with lip service but with the innermost intents of my heart?

Do I hate the sins that at times tael me captive against my will?

Do I hunger and thirst for righteousness, or am I satisfied just with a pardon and a ticket to Heaven?

Does my heart beat for a closer prayer life with my Jesus?

If God displayed my secret thoughts on a big screen for all to see this next Sunday morning, would I show up at church or would I “feel a cold coming on”?

Regardless of words used that we may get hung up on, the real question is whether or not our hearts long for the FREE INDEED Christ clearly promised us. The answer to that question will determine everything.

Blessings,

Gideon

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Where did you get the one about you shall not marry a divorced woman while her husband is alive?

Mathew 5:32 (WEB) "but I tell you that whoever puts away his wife, except for the cause of sexual immorality, makes her an adulteress; and whoever marries her when she is put away commits adultery."

A man is not supposed to marry a woman who is an adulteress, lest he get into more trouble than if he had remained single, for she may not be true and may do much damage. A woman is also not supposed to marry a man who is an adulteress. If a woman repents of her sins, may she remarry?

If a woman is faithful to her husband and he leaves to move in with another woman and he does not provide for her and his children, who is to support her? The court may order him to pay child support and alimony, but he may not have funds available. Supporting two families is not easy.

Matthew 5:42 English Standard Version (ESV)
42 Give to the one who begs from you, and do not refuse the one who would borrow from you.

According to the Pew Institute, 4 in10 marriages included at least one partner who had been married before:
https://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/d...arriage-on-the-rise-in-the-us-pew-report-says
I did not understand your post.

Thou shall only divorce on the basis of unchastity.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.