Nova Scotia
✟74,422.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So do you propose that we will have intimate relations with Jesus like a man and wife? Uncle!

bugkiller
to be single of eye is the same truth as the two shall become ONE...that does not happen with five senses perceiving...like the woman at the well and her five husbands...

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Amen - Christ argues against the fiction being promoted in modern times that Christ was at war with the word of the Father.

John 14
9 Jesus said to him, ""Have I been so long with you, and yet you have not come to know Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; how can you say, "Show us the Father'?
10 ""Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father is in Me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on My own initiative, but the Father abiding in Me does His works.
11 ""Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me; otherwise believe because of the works themselves.
15 "" If you love Me, you will keep My commandments.

John 12:
49 "" For I did not speak on My own initiative, but the Father Himself who sent Me has given Me a commandment as to what to say and what to speak.

John 14:15 "" If you love Me, you will keep My commandments.

This is interesting as it is the only quote of the actual text of the 2nd commandment found in the NT.

Ex 20:6 love Me and keep My commandments.

Hebrews 8:6-10 it is Christ speaking the TEN Commandments at Sinai
Very well stated. Yeshua did not come to create a new religion and rewrite the moral code of an unchanging God, He came to bridge the gap between man and God AND walk in a manner that reflects the perfect will of God, and act as a model for, those who seek to follow God.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Very well stated. Yeshua did not come to create a new religion and rewrite the moral code of an unchanging God, He came to bridge the gap between man and God AND walk in a manner that reflects the perfect will of God, and act as a model for, those who seek to follow God.

Amen - repairer of the breach.. redeemer... restorer -- God's ideal started off perfect and sinless... and He will bring this world back to that state. Rebellion against the Word of God will not win in the end.

Reactions: Ken Rank
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The age old question, which commandments?

Eph 6:2 "Honor your father and mother for this is the FIRST commandment with a promise" in that still valid - unit of TEN

Matt 19 "Jesus said if you would enter into eternal life KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS" -- then the rich young ruler asked "WHICH ONES?" - And Jesus listed commandments from the TEN Commandments.

Romans 13 - Paul gives that SAME LIST -- unchanged even after the cross.

:)

It just does not get any easier than that!

Exodus 20:6 "LOVE Me and KEEP My Commandments"
John 14:15 "If you Love Me KEEP My Commandments"

I guess the question then arises, is it working for you? Not fully attempting to obey, but actually doing it.

Gids

God's Word works just fine

I would ask you this... God said "do not take God's name in vain" -- shall we ignore that commandment IF any Christian ever sins in that regard? Shall we wait until all are sinless before agreeing that we should not take God's name in vain?

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Bottom line guys. Either we know how to fully obey, or we do not. It is not a question of what we believe we should do, but what we are actually doing. If we do not have the answer, we need to fall on our knees and ask Him for the how of holiness.

Do we love God with all of our hearts? All is a big word.

Do we love our neighbor as we love ourselves?

Profound questions. When we can finally admit we haven’t a clue how to see these things manifested in our lives, we are at step number one.

Blessings,

Gideon

Under the New Covenant "I will write My LAWS on their heart and mind" Jer 31:31-33 it is the supernatural work of God

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Eph 6:2 "Honor your father and mother for this is the FIRST commandment with a promise" in that still valid - unit of TEN

Matt 19 "Jesus said if you would enter into eternal life KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS" -- then the rich young ruler asked "WHICH ONES?" - And Jesus listed commandments from the TEN Commandments.

Jesus also said -

10 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

2 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.

True ... He did say that.

So what exactly is the truth? Can we indeed enter heaven by keeping the 10 Cs?

Do we enter heaven by taking God's name in vain each step of the way?
Does the lost man earn salvation if he manages to stop taking God's name in vain for a few minutes?

My Bible says none do including those that make such a false claim as Mat 19 aptly shows us.

The same list of commandments in Matthew 19 ... is also in Romans 13. Unchanged.. strongly affirmed before the cross in Matthew 19... strongly affirmed after the cross in Romans 13.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

True ... He did say that.

Do we enter heaven by taking God's name in vain each step of the way?
Does the lost man earn salvation if he manages to stop taking God's name in vain for a few minutes?

The same list of commandments in Matthew 19 ... is also in Romans 13. Unchanged.. strongly affirmed before the cross in Matthew 19... strongly affirmed after the cross in Romans 13.
The law of Christ, the law of love.

Romans 13
Owe nothing to anyone except to love one another; for he who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the law. For this, “You shall not commit adultery, You shall not murder, You shall not steal, You shall not covet,” and if there is any other commandment, it is summed up in this saying, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.

You can't hurt your neighbor if your trying to love your neighbor!

What could be simpler than that.

Reactions: Shempster
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

The law of Christ, the law of love.

True. In Matthew 22 Christ quotes the two key Mosaic Commandments and says all of scripture is based on them.

Deut 6:5 - Love God with all your heart
Lev 19:18 - Love your neighbor as yourself

And in Matthew 22 the Jews agree with Him.

Romans 13
Owe nothing to anyone except to love one another; for he who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the law. For this, “
You shall not commit adultery, Ex 20
You shall not murder, Ex 20
You shall not steal, Ex 20
You shall not covet,” Ex 20
and if there is any other commandment, it is summed up in this saying,
You shall love your neighbor as yourself.Lev 19:18
Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the law

Christ magnifies the Ten Commandments instead of deleting them

His list a bit longer than Paul's

Matt 19
16 And someone came to Him and said, “Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may obtain eternal life?” 17 And He said to him, “Why are you asking Me about what is good? There is only One who is good; but if you wish to enter into life, keep the commandments.” 18 Then he *said to Him, “Which ones?” And Jesus said,
“You shall not commit murder;
You shall not commit adultery;
You shall not steal;
You shall not bear false witness;
19 Honor your father and mother; and
You shall love your neighbor as yourself.

Paul left out "Honor your father and mother" from the Romans 13 list.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GraceBro

Eternally Forgiven, Alive, and Secure.
Dec 24, 2017
Central Coast
Visit site
✟103,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey I know this has probably been posted a lot but I have really been thinking about this verse. I realize and believe works DO NOT save us, Jesus sacrifice does.

I have been switching my focus from a life of fear to a life of love. I have treated God, and the people I love most as a a result of fear and them leaving me etc. Which is not sound in the mind at all.

I want to love, serve and obey God (and people too!) out of pure love and not out of fear of Hell.

Please pray for me I really feel The Holy Spirit working on me and could use some prayer warriors :prayer:

So what commandments does He Jesus mean? Is it the 10? Thanks for your input and prayers God Bless.
The only true response is to admit you don't love Jesus because you are not keeping them; regardless of what they are. Jesus said this to bury people under the law to show them the only means by which to enter Heaven was through the grace and mercy of God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hey I know this has probably been posted a lot but I have really been thinking about this verse. I realize and believe works DO NOT save us, Jesus sacrifice does.

I have been switching my focus from a life of fear to a life of love. I have treated God, and the people I love most as a a result of fear and them leaving me etc. Which is not sound in the mind at all.

I want to love, serve and obey God (and people too!) out of pure love and not out of fear of Hell.

Please pray for me I really feel The Holy Spirit working on me and could use some prayer warriors :prayer:

So what commandments does He Jesus mean? Is it the 10? Thanks for your input and prayers God Bless.
Good thread.
I have a question about that. What works is Jesus referring to in Rev 2:23/21:13? Thks

Reve 2:23
And the offspring of her I shall be killing in death, and shall be knowing all the Assemblies that I Am the One searching kidneys/nefrouV <3510> and hearts
and I shall be giving to Ye each according to the works of ye. [Jeremiah 17:10]

Reve 21:13The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them.
And they were judged, each one according to his works.

Jeremiah 17:10
I YHWH, searching heart, examining the affections/kidneys/ 03629 kilyah
and giving to man Ways of him, as fruit of his doings. [Reve 2:23]

Jas 2:26
For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
Jas 3:13
Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show by good conduct that his works are done in the meekness of wisdom.

Upvote 0

sunlover1

Beloved, Let us love one another
Nov 10, 2006
Under the Shadow of the Almighty
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

So happy for you!!
I've been in that process too!
Fear of man isn't cool and God doesn't love it.

Not sure what He was saying here because the 10 were actually
to teach us that we CANT keep them.. but that was then when
we didn't have the Spirit of God living in us to give us the power
to live rightously.
Now that we have the Spirit, we walk BY the Spirit and thus we don't
satisfy the lusts of the flesh.
So to obey God NOW means every second, every little unction!
MUCH more micromanagement than the ten commandments ;)
IJK!
but seriously, it's definitely a higher bar now.
But it's easy because HE gives us that power
I am weak yet He is strong...
My 2 cents!

Upvote 0

lamb7

Little Lamb
Jul 19, 2017
USA
✟36,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So happy for you!!
I've been in that process too!
Fear of man isn't cool and God doesn't love it.

Not sure what He was saying here because the 10 were actually
to teach us that we CANT keep them.. but that was then when
we didn't have the Spirit of God living in us to give us the power
to live rightously.
Now that we have the Spirit, we walk BY the Spirit and thus we don't
satisfy the lusts of the flesh.
So to obey God NOW means every second, every little unction!
MUCH more micromanagement than the ten commandments ;)
IJK!
but seriously, it's definitely a higher bar now.
But it's easy because HE gives us that power
I am weak yet He is strong...
My 2 cents!

Thank you for your reply. I was just thinking yes ita not the ten per say since we could not keep them all perfectly. Only Jesus could which makes Him the Lamb without blemish.

It is much deeper as you say and now we have The Spririt in and with us! Thank God.

Sorry for late reply haven't been on.

Upvote 0

sunlover1

Beloved, Let us love one another
Nov 10, 2006
Under the Shadow of the Almighty
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Thank you for your reply. I was just thinking yes ita not the ten per say since we could not keep them all perfectly. Only Jesus could which makes Him the Lamb without blemish.

It is much deeper as you say and now we have The Spririt in and with us! Thank God.

Sorry for late reply haven't been on.
Hi lamb7
Isn't God so wonderful to give us EVERYthing we need for life and godliness.
I so often forget He's "got this" and sometimes I act like a big baby.
LOL
Hope your day is blessed.

Reactions: lamb7
Upvote 0