Georgia
✟912,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Would you agree that only members of the Body of Christ baptize?
Or do you think that anyone can baptize?
Arsenios

Yes. But I do not agree that only the Apostles baptized

Upvote 0

Arsenios

Russian Orthodox Winter Baptism, Valaam Monastery,
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2015
Washington
✟151,120.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Yes. But I do not agree that only the Apostles baptized
So whom did Christ command to baptize the Nations?
And did they do so?
And how did they do so?

For instance, Ananias baptized Saul -

IF He was acting at the behest of one of the Apostles, then is his baptism of Saul Apostolic or not?

Paul, in turn, did not baptize much... But his Presbyters did...

Arsenios

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
So whom did Christ command to baptize the Nations?
And did they do so?
And how did they do so?

For instance, Ananias baptized Saul -

IF He was acting at the behest of one of the Apostles, then is his baptism of Saul Apostolic or not?
Paul, in turn, did not baptize much... But his Presbyters did...
Arsenios

The bible does not say that an apostle told Ananias to baptize Saul - rather the Bible says God told him to do it.

There were 500 people at the ascension of Christ - we have no way to know how many of them were also at the Matthew 28 event. Maybe all of them since Matthew ends the book there.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hey I know this has probably been posted a lot but I have really been thinking about this verse. I realize and believe works DO NOT save us, Jesus sacrifice does.

I have been switching my focus from a life of fear to a life of love. I have treated God, and the people I love most as a a result of fear and them leaving me etc. Which is not sound in the mind at all.

I want to love, serve and obey God (and people too!) out of pure love and not out of fear of Hell.

Please pray for me I really feel The Holy Spirit working on me and could use some prayer warriors :prayer:

So what commandments does He Jesus mean? Is it the 10? Thanks for your input and prayers God Bless.
Thou shall love your brothers and thou shall also love your enemies.
Thou shall pray for those who persecute you.
Thou shall turn the other cheek when required.
Thou shall make no vows by heaven or earth.
Thou shall only divorce on the basis of unchastity.
Thou shall not marry a divorded women if her husband is still alive, that is adultery.
Thou shall not lust in your thought life, that is fornication.
Thou shall reconcile with your brother before presenting an offering at the altar.
Thou shall not call someone a fool.
Thou shall acquire a righteousness that exceeds the righteousness of the Pharisees.
Thou shall endure to the end, always believing in Jesus.
Thou shall not get drunk.
Thou shall not speak poorly about others, thou will be judged by your words.
Thou shall not blaspheme the Holy Spirit, that sin will never be forgiven.
Thou shall be humble.
Thou shall bind the strong man.
Thou shall not scatter, thou will in fact gather with me.
Thou shall shine your light before men.
Thou shall not worry about tomorrow.
Thou shall not worry about your own life.
Thou shall not serve money and God.
Thou shall not store treasure on earth, thou shall store treasure in heaven.
Thou shall not wear a gloomy face when fasting.
Thou shall forgive others otherwise thou will not be forgiven.
Thou shall not use repetition in prayer.
Thou shall pray in secret, in the inner room.
Thou shall not sound a trumpet when giving to the poor.
Thou shall not practise righteousness before men.
Thou shall not judge others lest thou be judged by that same measure.
Thou shall not give what is holy to the dogs.
Thou shall love as Jesus has loved you.
Thou shall focus on things above and not on earthly things.
Thou shall place others first at all times.
Thou shall rejoice at all times.
Thou shall be thankful at all times.
Thou shall seek the greater gifts of the Holy Spirit.
Thou shall not forbid prophecy.
Thou shall be Holy as your heavenly Father is Holy.
Thou shall enter through the narrow gate.
Thou shall beware the false prophet.
Thou shall do the will of the Father.
Thou shall act on these words of mine.
Thou shall follow me and allow the dead to bury their own dead.
Thou shall not pour new wine into old wineskins.
Thou shall beseech the Lord to send workers into the harvest.
Thou shall bless others and not curse others.
Thou shall pray in the Spirit always.
Thou shall be baptized in water for forgiveness.
Thou shall be baptized in the Holy Spirit.
Thou shall not work for earthly bread but thou will work for the heavenly bread.
Thou shall give, and it will be given to you.

Upvote 0
Oct 20, 2017
Lennon
✟10,750.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him? If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, And one of you say unto them, 'Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled'; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit? Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. Yea, a man may say, 'Thou hast faith, and I have works': shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works. Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble. But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead? Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar? Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect? And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, 'Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.' Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only. Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way? For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also." - James 2:14-26
The thing about having faith is proving that we have faith. Proving our faith through our works yields more than one benefit. One, it is a physical manifestation of our faith. Two, proving our faith before men can also inspire.
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven." - Matthew 5:16 - words of Yeshua (Jesus Christ)
Christ explained that we are to uphold the commandments and do them.
"Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled." - Matthew 5:17-18
I'll quote something someone else said on the subject here below:

"Faith without works is a dead faith because the lack of works reveals an unchanged life or a spiritually dead heart. There are many verses that say that true saving faith will result in a transformed life, that faith is demonstrated by the works we do. How we live reveals what we believe and whether the faith we profess to have is a living faith. James 2:14-26 is sometimes taken out of context in an attempt to create a works-based system of righteousness, but that is contrary to many other passages of Scripture. James is not saying that our works make us righteous before God but that real saving faith is demonstrated by good works. Works are not the cause of salvation; works are the evidence of salvation. Faith in Christ always results in good works. The person who claims to be a Christian but lives in willful disobedience to Christ has a false or dead faith and is not saved. Many profess to be Christians, but their lives and priorities indicate otherwise. Jesus put it this way: "Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them. Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity." - Matthew 7:16-23"

This can be followed up by the Lord's encounter with the adulteress woman and a few others he met. After healing or forgiving them their sins, he said to them, "Now go, and SIN NO MORE."
Well this is interesting. He is telling them to refrain from committing another sin ever again. Now we know that there are Christians that slip up, but we should strive to get to a point where we no longer do. But there is hope. "For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again: but the wicked shall fall into mischief." - Proverbs 24:16
Let us not get comfortable thinking that once we've had water splashed over our head that it's all set and done. Being a Christian is a life long process and transformation. We are supposed to "let the old man die" or "crucify the old man". Who is the old man? It was us in a former life. We are supposed to become a completely different person. That is what it means to be truly born again. The first time around, we made horrible and wicked decisions. THIS time however, we know what to look out for and we are supposed to try and learn daily through studying scripture how we should lead our lives. "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." - 2nd Timothy 2:15

Upvote 0

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Hey I know this has probably been posted a lot but I have really been thinking about this verse. I realize and believe works DO NOT save us, Jesus sacrifice does.

I have been switching my focus from a life of fear to a life of love. I have treated God, and the people I love most as a a result of fear and them leaving me etc. Which is not sound in the mind at all.

I want to love, serve and obey God (and people too!) out of pure love and not out of fear of Hell.

Please pray for me I really feel The Holy Spirit working on me and could use some prayer warriors :prayer:

So what commandments does He Jesus mean? Is it the 10? Thanks for your input and prayers God Bless.
Hello lamb7. The 10 have now been condensed into just two, i.e., love God, and love your fellow human. Love does no harm, either to God or to people. That's it. Do not be fearful but meditate on this, "perfect love casts out all fear." Peace in Christ :).

• Agree
Reactions: lamb7
Upvote 0

The Times

Feb 9, 2017
Australia
✟90,081.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private

Jesus taught and instructed his disciples on many aspects of life and gave them real life examples and accompanying parables to highlight truths and to also expose falsehoods.

So if you can imagine that you have a teacher in life, or a personal trainer in sport, then by staying true to their legacy requires utmost devotion and love for that individual. Many athletes contribute their success in their sport or life, to their personal trainer or teacher, who they look up to as their role model.

It would be incumbent for Christians to reciprocate Jesus as their role model, by devoting their lives and hearts to him and in this respect this is what I believe Jesus implied, since the recipients were his disciples who ate, drank and lived with him, making them in a close and intimate bond with their role model.

Commandments would not be what Christ implied, because that would point away from his person and would be more of an extrinsic application of faith, rather than an intrinsic and personal heart to heart one, that is built up on love, trust and devotion.

That is why Jesus said.....I stand at the door of your hearts and knock and if anyone hears my voice and opens their heart to me, then I will enter in him and dine with him in joy and love. This would be the intrinsic faith that warrants a close bond with the person and not something outside of that person.

Romans 8 clearly describes this intimate close relationship with Christ's Spirit as one being completely and utterly devoted to the person himself, more so than anything else. So that if something would trouble Jesus, it should also trouble you.

This is why James says...you fools don't you know that to be friends with the world is to be enemies of God. So there and then, the true Christian faith is a devotion to the person of Jesus Christ, at the cost of the world, family and friends and everything that you would otherwise hold dear to heart. In this respect Jesus would say if you love your father, mother, husband, wife more than me, then you do not deserve me.

Deserving of Jesus requires following the person and not the world and this becomes the separation of a true Christian from the world. So as it stands, we ought to be considered enemies of the world and therefore hated by the world, especially of the sins of the world that are rampant in the times that we are living in.

I hope the above helped you to gauge a better understanding of what Jesus meant.

Reactions: Arsenios
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I believe Jesus words, "if you love me, keep my commandments" (John 14:15) ties into Paul's words that say, "if any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ let him be Anathema (accursed)." (1 Corinthians 16:22). So if we are not keeping Christ's commandments, we are accursed. This makes sense because there are TONS of other Scripture verses that hit us over the head with this same kind of truth. Jesus said elsewhere, if you will enter into life, keep the commandments (Matthew 19:17). Hebrews 5:9 says that Christ is the author of eternal salvation to all who OBEY Him. 1 John 3:15 says that if we hate our brother (i.e. the opposite of love), we are like a murderer and no eternal life abides in us. In fact, the second greatest commandment is to love. But if we break it, and do not repent (ask God for forgiveness and forsake such a sin), things will not go well for us in the after-life? How so? Well, who is our neighbor? Well, according to the Parable of the Good Samaritan, our neighbor is the poor man lying on the side of the road. In Matthew 25:31-46, we learn that by not helping or loving the poor (i.e. not loving our neighbor) in this life, we are essentially treating Jesus in the same way. The punishment for this is being cast into everlasting fire.

As for works saving us:

James says,

"Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works." (James 2:18).

"Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only." (James 2:24).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Doing righteousness and loving one's brother is not an option if one is truly of God. For it is written,

"In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother." (1 John 3:10).

Side Note:

Ephesians 2:8-9 and Titus 3:5 are talking about "Initial Salvation" or "Ultimate Salvation" and not "Sanctification." Ephesians 2:1 says that Christ "quickened" us. This is a one time event. Ephesians 3:17 says that Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith. Why would Paul say this if he was talking about Sanctification or Continued Salvation? Titus 3:5 says that we are saved by the washing and regeneration of the Holy Ghost. This is a one time event and it usually referred to as being born again.

Upvote 0

Galilee63

Dec 14, 2013
Australia
✟43,924.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Our Blessed Holy Trinity's 10 Commandments - Jesus descended to Earth and Present from the Foundations of Gods earth - His Holy Divine 10 Commandments in The old days and Old Commandments and then when Jesus arrived on Earth as Jesus Christ He established His New Covenant in God The Most High bringing His Holy Beautitudes with Gods Holy Commandments still His Commandments for eternity.

The Old Covenant was replaced by our Lord Jesus Christ His Mercy and His Precious Holy Blood of which replaced the sacrifices at the Altar of animals purified Blood.

We are born in water and Blood btw - see?

Gods Ten Commandments - our Blessed Holy Trinity's 10 Commandments will never cease and our souls are accountable for having broken any one of Gods Commandments now and eternally and breaking Gods Holy Teachings; we are all given a conscience in Holy Spirit with many of us Baptized in The Holy Spirit and someone in our lives of whom were either Catholic/Christian led by our Lord Jesus Christ urging our hearts and souls back to Him and through Most Holy Mother Mary, Holy Heaven, our Lords Holy Angels, Holy Saints, Holy Martyrs and Holy Souls in Heaven with Gods Holy Signs given to many of us in His Holy warnings to obey His Commandments. Holy Spirit guides us in Gods Holy Word communicating with hearts/souls of those whom take the time out daily reading Gods Holy Word. We were taught to do this many of us to receive our Lords Holy Graces and Mercy and Strength and to pray to Him in trust.

The Ten Commandments and Jesus Righteousness and Holy Beautitudes we must obey with Deeds of Prayer and Deeds of Mercy and Words of Mercy done while adhering to the Holy Divine Fruits of The Spirit.

A little on this

7 Gifts and 12 Fruits Of The Holy Spirit .

Prophet Isaias writes about the 7 Gifts of the Holy Spirit.

1) Wisdom. This enables us to know God and esteem divine things above worldly things.

2) Understanding. Helps us to understand our Catholic Faith, the Bible and Saints.

3) Counsel. This is the knowledge necessary to guide ourselves and others to do God’s will. It helps us help others get through spiritual and temporal problems.

4) Fortitude. This is the strength we need to endure and have courage. It helps us suffer persecution and adversities for the sake of good.

5) Knowledge. This helps us to know God, ourselves and others as God knows.

6) Piety. This gift infuses us with love for serving God and see Him in all events through a holy life of prayer.

7) Fear of the Lord. “The Fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.” We fear his just punishment of our sins for ever, but we more so fear even displeasing or offending Him.

The 12 Fruits of the Holy Spirit are:

1) Charity. The Holy Spirit is Love and gives us the infused theological virtue of charity to prefer God over everyone and everything. We desire this loving union with God. And it overflows in our love for ourselves and our neighbors for God’s sake.

2) Joy. Happiness is realized when we live for God and know someday we will be with Him now and forever in heaven.

3) Peace. The Holy Spirit gives us order in our souls and a clean conscience. He also gives us order to our family, friendships and duties of life.

4) Patience. When one is close to God, everything else falls into its place so that one can have patience and tranquility. Love is patient.

5) Benignity. This is the virtue of kindness to others.

6) Goodness. We renounce evil and seek what is good. We repent of our sins and strive to do God’s will.

7) Longanimity. Perseverance in the mission God has given us and the ability to stay faithful over the long time.

8) Mildness. This gives us the moral virtue temperance that helps us overcome our natural tendency to be rough or angry.

9) Faith. This is a theological virtue given to us in Baptism. It gives us the Divine grace to be able to assent to the revealed truth of God. We put God as the absolute authority.

10) Modesty. This includes how we act and dress. These are external signs of our interior modesty. It gives us the preference to purity of mind and heart in sexual matters.

11) Continency. This is the virtue to control sexual and other appetites in a holy manner like in marriage when one spouse because of sickness can not have relations.

12) Chastity. This is the self giving of oneself to God completely as a priest,religious or consecrated layman. All vocations are called to have chastity in their way of living. This includes married people to be faithful to their spouses. It also gives the grace for all those waiting to get married to be sexually pure.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thou shall only divorce on the basis of unchastity.
Thou shall not marry a divorded women if her husband is still alive, that is adultery.
Where did you get the one about you shall not marry a divorced woman while her husband is alive?

Mathew 5:32 (WEB) "but I tell you that whoever puts away his wife, except for the cause of sexual immorality, makes her an adulteress; and whoever marries her when she is put away commits adultery."

A man is not supposed to marry a woman who is an adulteress, lest he get into more trouble than if he had remained single, for she may not be true and may do much damage. A woman is also not supposed to marry a man who is an adulteress. If a woman repents of her sins, may she remarry?

If a woman is faithful to her husband and he leaves to move in with another woman and he does not provide for her and his children, who is to support her? The court may order him to pay child support and alimony, but he may not have funds available. Supporting two families is not easy.

Matthew 5:42 English Standard Version (ESV)
42 Give to the one who begs from you, and do not refuse the one who would borrow from you.

According to the Pew Institute, 4 in10 marriages included at least one partner who had been married before:
https://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/d...arriage-on-the-rise-in-the-us-pew-report-says

Upvote 0

2Timothy2:15

Mar 28, 2016
CA
✟78,248.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

1. Repent
    1. "From that time Jesus began to preach and say, 'Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.'" (Matthew 4:17).
  2. Follow Him
    1. "And He said to them, “Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.” (Matthew 4:19).
  3. Let your light shine
    1. "Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven." (Matthew 5:16).
  4. Be reconciled
    1. “Therefore if you are presenting your offering at the altar, and there remember that your brother has something against you, 24 leave your offering there before the altar and go; first be reconciled to your brother, and then come and present your offering." (Matthew 5:23–24).
  5. Don't Lust
    1. "You have heard that it was said, ‘YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT ADULTERY’, 28 but I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.“If your right eye makes you stumble, tear it out and throw it from you; for it is better for you to lose one of the parts of your body, than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. 30 “If your right hand makes you stumble, cut it off and throw it from you; for it is better for you to lose one of the parts of your body, than for your whole body to go into hell."
      (Matthew 5:27–30).
  6. Make no oaths
    1. "But I say to you, make no oath at all, either by heaven, for it is the throne of God . . . 37 But let your statement be, ‘Yes, yes’ or ‘No, no’; anything beyond these is of evil." (Matthew 5:34, 37).
  7. Don't resist evil with evil
    1. "But I say to you, do not resist an evil person; but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also. 40 “If anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, let him have your coat also. 41 “Whoever forces you to go one mile, go with him two. 42 “Give to him who asks of you, and do not turn away from him who wants to borrow from you." (Matthew 5:39-42)
  8. Love and pray for your enemies
    1. "But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 “For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same?" (Matthew 5:44–46)
  9. Be perfect (in love)
    1. "Therefore you are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48).
  10. Seek God's Kingdom first
    1. “But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you." (Matthew 6:33).
  11. Don't Judge
    1. "Do not judge so that you will not be judged." (Matthew 7:1).
  12. Don't give what is holy to dogs
    1. “Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your pearls before swine, or they will trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces." (Matthew 7:6).
  13. Treat people as you want to be treated
    1. “In everything, therefore, treat people the same way you want them to treat you, for this is the Law and the Prophets." (Matthew 7:12).
  14. Enter (heaven) through the narrow gate
    1. “Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it.
      14 “For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it." (Matthew 7:13-14).
  15. Beware of false prophets
    1. "Beware of the false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves." (Matthew 7:15–16).
  16. Follow Jesus
    1. "Follow Me, and allow the dead to bury their own dead." (Matt. 8:22).
  17. Ask God to send out workers
    1. " Then He said to His disciples, “The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. 38 “Therefore beseech the Lord of the harvest to send out workers into His harvest." (Matthew 9:37–38).
  18. Don't fear those who can kill the body
    1. “Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell."(Matthew 10:28).
  19. Come to Jesus for rest
    1. "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest." (Matthew 11:28).
  20. Confront brothers in private first
    1. "If your brother sins, go and show him his fault in private; if he listens to you, you have won your brother." (Matthew 18:15–17).
  21. Forgive Seven times Seventy
    1. "Jesus said to him, 'I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven.'" (Matthew 18:21–22).
  22. Render to Caesar what is Caesar's
    1. "They said to Him, “Caesar’s.” Then He said to them, “Then render to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s; and to God the things that are God’s." (Matthew 22:21).
  23. Love God
    1. "And He said to him, “ ‘YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND.'" (Matthew 22:37–38).
  24. Love your Neighbor
    1. "The second is like it, 'YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.'" (Matthew 22:39).
  25. Partake of Communion
    1. While they were eating, Jesus took some bread, and after a blessing, He broke it and gave it to the disciples, and said, “Take, eat; this is My body. 27 And when He had taken a cup and given thanks, He gave it to them, saying, “Drink from it, all of you.” (Matthew 26:26–27).
  26. Keep guard against sin
    1. "Keep watching and praying that you may not enter into temptation; the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak." (Matthew 26:41).
  27. Make Disciples
    1. "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." (Matthew 28:19-20).
  28. Preach the Gospel
    1. "And He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation." (Mark 16:15).
  29. Be on guard against greed
    1. "Then He said to them, “Beware, and be on your guard against every form of greed; for not even when one has an abundance does his life consist of his possessions.” (Luke 12:15).
  30. Invite the poor
    1. "And He also went on to say to the one who had invited Him, “When you give a luncheon or a dinner, do not invite your friends or your brothers or your relatives or rich neighbors, otherwise they may also invite you in return and that will be your repayment. 13 “But when you give a reception, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind, 14 and you will be blessed, since they do not have the means to repay you; for you will be repaid at the resurrection of the righteous." (Luke 14:12–14).
  31. Love one another
    1. "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another." (John 13:34).
    2. "This is My commandment, that you love one another, just as I have loved you." (John 15:12).
    3. "This I command you, that you love one another." (John 15:17).

• Winner
Upvote 0

lastofall

Aug 6, 2016
Germany
✟31,097.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is by the precept of men from where this doctrine of now works come, and not from God: the Lord Jesus Christ warns us much about doing what He tells us, yet because of this doctrine of men many make light of what Christ says.
Contrariwise if all of these do nothing believers were to actually listen to what Christ says, they would come to know a Lord whom is to be obeyed, and not a lord who requires nothing of them, which is another Jesus; not the true biblical Jesus.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
QUOTE="2Timothy2:15, post: 72295488, member: 385932"]
  1. Repent
    1. "From that time Jesus began to preach and say, 'Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.'" (Matthew 4:17).
  2. Follow Him
    1. "And He said to them, “Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.” (Matthew 4:19).
  3. Let your light shine
    1. "Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven." (Matthew 5:16).
  4. Be reconciled
    1. “Therefore if you are presenting your offering at the altar, and there remember that your brother has something against you, 24 leave your offering there before the altar and go; first be reconciled to your brother, and then come and present your offering." (Matthew 5:23–24).
  5. Don't Lust
    1. "You have heard that it was said, ‘YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT ADULTERY’, 28 but I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.“If your right eye makes you stumble, tear it out and throw it from you; for it is better for you to lose one of the parts of your body, than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. 30 “If your right hand makes you stumble, cut it off and throw it from you; for it is better for you to lose one of the parts of your body, than for your whole body to go into hell."
      (Matthew 5:27–30).
  6. Make no oaths
    1. "But I say to you, make no oath at all, either by heaven, for it is the throne of God . . . 37 But let your statement be, ‘Yes, yes’ or ‘No, no’; anything beyond these is of evil." (Matthew 5:34, 37).
  7. Don't resist evil with evil
    1. "But I say to you, do not resist an evil person; but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also. 40 “If anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, let him have your coat also. 41 “Whoever forces you to go one mile, go with him two. 42 “Give to him who asks of you, and do not turn away from him who wants to borrow from you." (Matthew 5:39-42)
  8. Love and pray for your enemies
    1. "But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 “For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same?" (Matthew 5:44–46)
  9. Be perfect (in love)
    1. "Therefore you are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48).
  10. Seek God's Kingdom first
    1. “But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you." (Matthew 6:33).
  11. Don't Judge
    1. "Do not judge so that you will not be judged." (Matthew 7:1).
  12. Don't give what is holy to dogs
    1. “Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your pearls before swine, or they will trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces." (Matthew 7:6).
  13. Treat people as you want to be treated
    1. “In everything, therefore, treat people the same way you want them to treat you, for this is the Law and the Prophets." (Matthew 7:12).
  14. Enter (heaven) through the narrow gate
    1. “Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it.
      14 “For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it." (Matthew 7:13-14).
  15. Beware of false prophets
    1. "Beware of the false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves." (Matthew 7:15–16).
  16. Follow Jesus
    1. "Follow Me, and allow the dead to bury their own dead." (Matt. 8:22).
  17. Ask God to send out workers
    1. " Then He said to His disciples, “The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. 38 “Therefore beseech the Lord of the harvest to send out workers into His harvest." (Matthew 9:37–38).
  18. Don't fear those who can kill the body
    1. “Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell."(Matthew 10:28).
  19. Come to Jesus for rest
    1. "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest." (Matthew 11:28).
  20. Confront brothers in private first
    1. "If your brother sins, go and show him his fault in private; if he listens to you, you have won your brother." (Matthew 18:15–17).
  21. Forgive Seven times Seventy
    1. "Jesus said to him, 'I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven.'" (Matthew 18:21–22).
  22. Render to Caesar what is Caesar's
    1. "They said to Him, “Caesar’s.” Then He said to them, “Then render to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s; and to God the things that are God’s." (Matthew 22:21).
  23. Love God
    1. "And He said to him, “ ‘YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND.'" (Matthew 22:37–38).
  24. Love your Neighbor
    1. "The second is like it, 'YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.'" (Matthew 22:39).
  25. Partake of Communion
    1. While they were eating, Jesus took some bread, and after a blessing, He broke it and gave it to the disciples, and said, “Take, eat; this is My body. 27 And when He had taken a cup and given thanks, He gave it to them, saying, “Drink from it, all of you.” (Matthew 26:26–27).
  26. Keep guard against sin
    1. "Keep watching and praying that you may not enter into temptation; the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak." (Matthew 26:41).
  27. Make Disciples
    1. "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." (Matthew 28:19-20).
  28. Preach the Gospel
    1. "And He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation." (Mark 16:15).
  29. Be on guard against greed
    1. "Then He said to them, “Beware, and be on your guard against every form of greed; for not even when one has an abundance does his life consist of his possessions.” (Luke 12:15).
  30. Invite the poor
    1. "And He also went on to say to the one who had invited Him, “When you give a luncheon or a dinner, do not invite your friends or your brothers or your relatives or rich neighbors, otherwise they may also invite you in return and that will be your repayment. 13 “But when you give a reception, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind, 14 and you will be blessed, since they do not have the means to repay you; for you will be repaid at the resurrection of the righteous." (Luke 14:12–14).
  31. Love one another
    1. "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another." (John 13:34).
    2. "This is My commandment, that you love one another, just as I have loved you." (John 15:12).
    3. "This I command you, that you love one another." (John 15:17).
[/QUOTE
=======================
Like a beautiful diamond, glistening and radiant and bright light, God's Word shows many facets training children how to live.
Some learn.
Some learn imperfectly.
Some never learn.
Let everyone seek Jesus and follow Jesus, living by His Word and by His Example, by grace through faith in His Faithfulness, a gift from God also.

Upvote 0

brokertom

Jan 28, 2018
Georgetown, TX
✟15,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

When I need time to spend in the scripture with my friends, I visit www.mcave.com/the-word

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gideons300

Our awakening is beginning. Prepare to be amazed.
Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Can I offer a potentially huge paradigm shift here?

He who loves me will obey my commandments.

What if, in reading this verse, we read it as a promise, and not a requirement? Could God be that good that He would rescue us out of Romans 7, where we find that the things we want to do, we do not do, and the things we hate, we end up doing? What if our amazing God planned a salvation where He indwelt us and actually ..... are you ready for this...... actually caused us to walk in full hear obedience to Him? You read that right.... CAUSED US. Whoa.

Is there actually scriptural evidence for this? Yes, indeed there is.

In Romans 7, we are told that those trapped there find that to will..... I.e. want to..... do good, they find not. How many there are even in churches today who claim that this is the best God can do. Oh, He can forgive us, but the blood of Jesus is insufficient to actually free us from the power of our flesh. Physical death is the only thing that will accomplish that.

But are we not told clearly in Philippians 2:13 that it is God who causes us to will AND to do of His good pleasure?

Are we not the clay and He the master potter? Does the pot fashion itself and the potter simply tell us “Become beautiful vessels fit for my use”? What convoluted relationship is that?

But the biggie, the one we have probably never heard in a sermon, because it messes up our theology, is found in Ezekiel 36, where we find God promising us the coming new covenant. Yes, He will take out of us stony hearts. Yes, He will put His Spirit within us. But for what purpose? To speak in tongues? To worship better? Listen, with your spiritual ears wide open and with hungry hearts longing to find the way to true please Him. Here is the complete passage:

....And I will sanctify my great name, which was profaned among the heathen, which ye have profaned in the midst of them; and the heathen shall know that I am the Lord, saith the Lord God , when I shall be sanctified in you before their eyes.

For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.

Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I
will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Ezekiel 36:23-27

Are we finally getting it? We are the ones who have blasphemed Hid holy name wherever we have gone. How? We have limited the Holy One of Israel by our unbelief. We have believed half a covenant, accepting forgiveness but refusing to believe that our God is strong enough to truly set us free indeed.

No wonder the world balks at our offerings. We have tried to pass off our lack of Christ-likeness as the proof of how wonderful grace is, rather than displaying the real grace, where God not only forgives us, but actually indwells and changes us from disobedient sinners to fully obedient, totally joy filled loving children. We have offered them religion but not displayed a transforming relationship. We have been put to sleep by a quasi-Christianity that pardons us, but yet leaves us still bound in our. prison cells. Guys, it is tile we awoke to the reason gospel means GOOD NEWS!

In that glorious chapter in Ezekiel, a chapter written specifically about US, today, in 2018, here is what God finally says. I pray every single heart in the sound of my voice hears God speaking and responds, for when we do, all Heaven is about to break forth. It is our calling. No, no, it is our ..... destiny. Will we respond?

I will yet be inquired of by the house of Israel TO DO IT FOR THEM.

Glory forever to the God who longs to will and to do of His good pleasure. Many blessings to all,

Gideon

Last edited:
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
No wonder the world balks at our offerings. We have tried to pass off our lack of Christ-likeness as the proof of how wonderful grace is, rather than displaying the real grace, where God not only forgives us, but actually indwells and changes us from disobedient sinners to fully obedient, totally joy filled loving children. We have offered them religion but not displayed a transforming relationship. We have been put to sleep by a quasi-Christianity that pardons us, but yet leaves us still bound in our. prison cells. Guys, it is ti[m]e we awoke to the reason gospel means GOOD NEWS!

Has anyone woke up ? i.e. Does everyone try to pass of lack of Christ-likeness as the proof of how wonderful grace is ? Is everyone only offering them religion but not displaying a transforming relationship ? Has everyone been put to sleep by a quasi-Christianity "that pardons us" (I don't agree it does), and is everyone still bound in their prison cells ?

Sort of rhetorical, but seeking to find out if you know of others besides the "we" referred to in the quote/post ? Others who know the truth and have been set free and are living a new and quite changed life abiding in union with Jesus and with the Father today ?

Upvote 0